• Published 27th Mar 2012
  • 15,237 Views, 208 Comments

Rocket To Insanity : Fall Of The Apple Family - DontWakeTheNeighbour



Rainbow Dash continues to fight her loosing battle and Applejack begins to see that something is up.

  • ...
23
 208
 15,237

Oblivious

Another beautiful dawn shone over of Ponyville, the horizon alight with a mixture of radiant colours. Birds chirped in the trees, the sky was clear and, once again, the cutie mark crusaders were on their ongoing quest to discover their special talent. The horror of Pinkie's death still loomed over them, and so they thought it would be best to try and distract themselves.

"What are we going to do today?" Applebloom said, with a sad tone clear in her voice.

"We haven't tried fencing yet!" Scootaloo said enthusiastically, trying to lift her friends out of their bad mood.

"What's fencing?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"I'm glad you a-"

Before Scootaloo could finish she was interrupted by Rainbow Dash landing in front of them with a loud thud, rocking the ground beneath their hoofs. The three fillies recoiled at the clearly unstable pony who stood in front of them.

"Hey guys." Rainbow Dash said through her clenched teeth.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders were not used to seeing Rainbow Dash like this. Her mane was matted to her head with sweat, her hoofs were clogged with mud and her wings were bent out of shape and covered in bruises.

"A-are you alright?" Scootaloo asked, her voice full of concern.

"Oh I'm fine!" Rainbow Dash squeaked. "JUST. Fine. In fact I'm great. So great I wanna show you guys a new trick!"

"Really?!" Scootaloo said excited. Rainbow Dash began to circle the three fillies, not once breaking eye contact as she stared into their pupils.

"Whadda yah say? Wanna see my sweet moves?"

"Um. .... Sorry Dash." Applebloom said quietly. "We're kinda busy today."
This didn't seem to bother the blue pegasus stood in front of them. She turned around and slowly started to strut away.

"Okay. Your loss. I'm sure there are plenty of fillies who'd love to see it. It really is that amazing!"

Rainbow Dash continued to walk away, but Scootaloo jumped in front of her, blocking the path.

"Wait!" The orange filly shrieked. "I wanna see it! Show me! Show me!"

Rainbow Dash stretched a large, yet heartwarming, smile across her face. "Just as planned." She thought to herself. She leaned fowards and placed a hoof on Scootaloo's shoulder.

"Cool, follow me kiddo. Prepare to be amazed."

"Okay!" She turned to face her friends. "Sorry guys, I guess I'll go crusading with you later. Bye!"

The orange filly bounced behind Rainbow Dash, following in her hoofsteps. The remaining two crusaders were left behind, concern written across their faces.

"Did Rainbow look a little..... odd to you?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Yeah." Applebloom replied. "Come on. Let's go see if there's somepony who can help us find our cutie marks."

The two fillys walked off into town, leaving Scootaloo with Rainbow Dash. Scootalooo was still prancing around in excitement at the thought of seeing her idol perform her latest daredevil stunt.

"So what's this new trick?! Come on tell me!"

Rainbow turned with a menacing grin on her face.

"I-it's..... uh. The next best thing since my Sonic Rainboom."

"Cool! .... So. Why are we going to the barn again?"

"Just follow my lead kid. You'll see why."

Later that morning they made it to the barn, Scootaloo noticed the broken lock on the barn door. As she entered the building a pungent smell slivered up her nostrils, causing her to feel dizzy and light-headed

"Blegh! What's that?" Scootaloo gagged.

"Smell like rotten apples. Come on." Rainbow Dash said with a giggle, nudging the little filly towards the barn. As Scootaloo walked into the dark building, Rainbow Dash used her back legs to jam the door shut. Scootaloo was now beginning to shake with nerves, as Rainbow Dash made her way to a large box.

"S-so." Scootaloo muttered. "W-whe-"

"Be patient!" Rainbow yelled, taking the filly by surprise. "S-sorry kid. .... I need to focus."

Rainbow Dash gave a quick glance around, making sure that Scootaloo could not see fully what she was doing, and proceeded to pull the large wooden splinter out of the chest. The instrument was still covered in blood from the crime earlier that day. She felt the tip before running the sharpness along her tongue, grinning as it pierced the muscle. It wasn't as sharp as before but it was more than capable of finishing the job.

*Twitch*

Rainbow Dash blinked, staring into the wall in front of her, with a blank look on her face.

*Twitch*

The blue pegasus began to shake. Scootaloo noticed this, but she wasn't sure if it was something to do with her new trick or not. Not wanting to upset her she stayed quite and sat down, waiting.

*Twitch*

Rainbow Dash let out a menacing snarl before slowly turning to face Scootaloo. The little filly was stricken with horror as she saw the evil pegasus in front of her, slowly caressing the blade. Scootaloo jumped on her feet instantly backing away from the horrible sight in front of her, her mind in an array of confusion. Why was her idol acting so strangely? Why had her expression changed to one of utter insanity? Why was she coming at her with a lethal weapon?

*TWITCH*

"R-rainbow." Scootaloo whimpered in fear. "What are you doing?"

She didn't answer, but instead just kept smiling, slowly closing the gap. Scootaloo was cornered and had nowhere to run, her only hope was to fly away. She squinted her eyes before using all the strength she had to flap her wings as fast as she could. She managed to gain a little height collapsing onto the ground, exhausted, her undeveloped wings were just not strong enough to support the weight of her body for very long. She looked up and, to her horror, saw that Rainbow Dash was right in front of her, splinter in hand. Before Scootaloo could react she was forced onto her back, and held down by the unnaturally strong grip. The poor filly tried to squirm out of the intense grip but Rainbow Dash straddled her chest, holding her down.
The Pegasus' smile kept getting bigger and bigger, feeling the adrenaline rush she had experienced when she took Applejack's life. Scootaloo didn't dare to shout and scream, she was too frightened and emotionally hurt. Instead she look directly at the pegasus, with tears streaming out of hers.

"I-I th- I thought you was going to show me a trick!"

*TWITCH!!*

Rainbow Dash paused, before leaning foward, her inches away from the filly. Scootaloo could feel the pegasus' stare burning through her skin, and into her very soul itself.

"I am." She giggled. "It's a magic trick."

Scootaloo winced, praying that this was just a sick joke and not for real. She kept trying to worm her way out, but the strength of the athletic pegasus was just too much for the poor filly to overcome.

*Twitch*
*Twitch!*
*Twitch!!*
*TWITCH!!*

"I'M GOING TO MAKE YOU DISAPPEAR!!"

Rainbow grasped the blade and threw her arm into the air. Scootaloo closed her eyes and screamed as loud as she could, praying that somepony would save her and, if not, that it would at least be a quick death.