• Published 23rd Oct 2011
  • 3,997 Views, 180 Comments

Behind the Gypsy's Veil - Gypsy

  • ...
6
 180
 3,997

Memoirs Of A Preexistence

Chapter 15: Memoirs Of A Preexistence


"Where did Knightmare go?!" Luna said as she finished rubbing her eyes. "I don't know, she must has gotten away in that flash." Celestia said rubbing her eyes as well. "This is definitely NOT good. She could be anywhere by now!" Luna began to nervously trot around the battle scarred field. "We can't do anything right now, come we must gather the elements and head back to Canterlot." As they began to fly back to Ponyville where the girls had been ordered to go, Celestia was looking at Luna with sadness. "What have you done Luna?" She thought. "Luna." Luna looked to the left. "Yes sister?" Celestia knew this would cause some hurt feelings but it had to be talked about. "When we arrive in Canterlot I must speak with you...In private." Luna heard her serious tone, knowing what she wanted to talk about. "Ye..Yes sister."

*MUCH BETTER.

What's better?!

"DON'T TELL ME YOU CUT OFF MY-"

*CALM YOURSELF, I SIMPLY LEFT THE MEANINGLESS SKIRMISH.

So you ran away, figures.

*HMPH, YOUR BODY IS TOO WEAK FOR ME. YOU ARE LUCKY I DID NOT USE ANY OF MY MORE POWERFUL SPELLS OR I WOULD HAVE SURELY DESTROYED THE BODY AND MIND.

She burned your ass bad!

"Shut the hell up, she's talking to you too idiot."

Why are you calling yourself an idiot?

"Blow me."

I can't reach.

*QUIET, NOW THAT WE ARE ALONE I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS MAN.

I have nothing better to do so might as well give you the grand tour.

"Sit back, relax, and enjoy the movie."

"PRINCESS YOU'RE BACK!" Twilight ran to her mentor and nuzzling her leg. "What happen to Kriece and that meany-mcmeanerson shadow-y thingy! Did ya win?!Huh did ya?!" Pinkie Pie said as she was jumping around both princesses. "I'm afraid not." Every had a look of worry on their faces. "Princess you didn't...." Celestia realizing how she sounded quickly finished he sentence. "No, no dear Twilight. Knightmare simply escaped from us." A loud sigh of relief was heard from all the ponies. "That no good rotten apple!" Applejack yelled as she stomped her hoof to the ground. "Calm yourself Applejack I'm sure Kriece will come out on top." Rarity said. "How can ya say that when some all powerful ghost went up and took over him right under our noses!" Rarity was not expecting something so negative, though she is the element of honesty. "Applejack honestly have you no faith in Kriece?" Applejack brought her head down realizing that she didn't entirely have faith. "Shucks I don't know Rarity. Nopony even hardly knows him." Luna stepped forward from behind her sister. "I do." Everyone looked at Luna. "And how is that sister?" Celestia was even surprised. "When we transformed him into one of our kind I may of have dug into his memories." Celestia was shocked. "Luna how could you? You know better than to pry into others minds." Luna rolled her eyes. "Oh please sister I know you saw them to." Celestia was blushing. "This is not about me." Luna rolled her eyes again. "I thought so. Now listen girls we might have a problem." Everyone gathered in front of the princess. "Kriece is a broken pony." Twilight gave a curious stare. "But Princess Luna how can he be broken if all he ever does is joke around and laugh all the time?" Luna knew this all to well, wishing she hadn't. "He only acts like that Twilight Sparkle, a facade if you will, but in reality his mind is shattered and vulnerable. He stows away his hatred in his heart because of his now divorced wife and to his kin who abandoned him during his time of need. This cracked his psyche. Then when his parents had died he was left alone, no one to comfort him. His mind shattered when he got the news, he did not even mourn their deaths. He was alone for years, becoming bashful and cynical." Luna finished shedding a tear at remembrance of the memories she witnessed.

*SO MUCH WAR, WHY IS YOUR SPECIES SO OBSESSED WITH IT?

Well I would guess it has to do something about self-preservation of countries.

"No one really knows. It's been with us since we began. Hell we're even great at it! If anything I believe we do it just to get better at it."

*YOUR TECHNOLOGY IS FAR BEYOND ANYTHING I CAN COMPREHEND.

Technology is one hell of a thing.

"Well when your world is devoid of magic you pretty much have to think of ways on how to do things."

*I SEE.

You know...I almost had forgotten how fun talking was.

"It's certainly uplifting but the topic sure isn't."

*WHY DO YOU SAY THAT.

Want to know huh? Know what, fuck it, I'm going to tell you exactly why.

*THEN SPEAK.

"I should've known better when she said we would last forever."

She meant everything to me, I would have never left her. To her all this was a game.

"When problems occurred I gave her an infinite amount of chances to explain herself. They were never the truth."

Suppose she never loved me the way I always, thought she did and even though it was over I still loved her.

"Until."

How do you think I felt when I was alone in the dark with no one there?

"How do you think I felt when I saw her with somebody else?"

The dust from the divorce had settled and everything became so clear.

"Or so I thought it did."

How do you think I felt when I needed somebody to hold me near?

"Even though I moved on to the greener grass, the air, the smell, the sights...They were never the same."

I still remembered when I told her if she stayed the same we would never last.

"Then."

I lost them...I lost them...I lost them...I lost them...

"I lost them."

*WHO DID YOU LOSE?

I lost everyone.

"I lost all of my family."

I don't feel like talking anymore.

"Leave me."

*AS YOU WISH

Knightmare stood up from the floor of the cavern she had escaped to and walked towards the entrance of the cave. "WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO?" She said aloud trying not to think so Kriece would not hear. "I SHOULD HAVE JUST QUIETLY SLIPPED AWAY BUT NO. I HAD TO MELD WITH SOME TRAUMATIZED CREATURE." She sighed loudly seeing as the moon gave way to the sun. "I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS."

__________________________________________________

Chapter 15 here to do stuff to you while you're asleep.

Did someone ask for a somewhat more complex story? No? Well oh kay then.

Shout out to NeverKnown for being "that one pre reader", Rinahrific for doubley pre reading & Nighters07 for being a cool brony and putting my character in his story like a boss. Also to Commix and Steve Spacek for giving me inspiration and for just plain being badass.

Anywho Comment, Rate... Seriously rate, and make it 5 stars ;3