• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 4,220 Views, 64 Comments

My Little Pony: Parallel Equestria Girls - rcmero



After Twilight and Spike go through the portal, they suddenly show up again, but Spike is acting like a dog, and Twilight claims she's a human...

  • ...
18
 64
 4,220

Flight Lessons

We are currently outside the Crystal Empire castle. Rainbow Dash is helping Twilight how to use her wings. She is having some trouble just getting to Rainbow Dash, but she is able to reach her.

“You gotta really flap ‘em hard.” With a nod, Twilight starts to flap her wings slightly harder. This causes her to fly out of control. “Maybe not quite that hard.”

Reorganizing herself, she tries again yet she only goes down instead of up, landing down on the ground hard. Applejack helps her stand up.

“Looking good, Twilight!” she says.

“Thanks, Applejack,” says Twilight, “but, to be honest, this is a lot harder than it is. I usually need a plane or a balloon to fly.”

“Oh, Twilight used a balloon,” says Pinkie, “back when she didn’t have her wings.”

“Come on, Twilight,” Princess Cadance speaks up as she flies towards Twilight. “One more time, you’ll get used to it.”

“If you say so, Cadance.” Struggling to float her wings, Twilight tries to keep up with Princess Cadance and Rainbow Dash, but she starts flying out of control once more. She spirals all around the Crystal Empire really fast.

“Somepony catch that pony!” yells Rainbow Dash.

Twilight’s uncontrollable descent made her bump into Flash Sentry. “Ouch… sorry, sorry, so sorry!” Twilight then looks at Flash and sees him without his armour. “Oh… you…”

“Sorry, Princess Twilight,” says Flash. “You caught me on my break.”

“Twilight!” Princess Cadance yells out as she and the other girls catch up. Cadance then notices Flash. “Flash Sentry? What are you doing here?”

“Well, I was on my break, and I overheard that this restaurant had some of the best pizzas in the whole Crystal Empire, so I decided to check it out. Glad to say I wasn’t disappointed. What are you all doing here, anyway?”

“We’re tryin’ to teach Twilight how to fly,” Rainbow Dash explains. “She’s doing terrible…”

“I’m sure I can help.” Flash then grabs Twilight’s hooves. “Now Twilight, just relax… close your eyes, and don’t think of anything else.” A closeup of Twilight is seen doing exactly what Flash told her. “Now flap your wings.” Twilight slowly flaps her wings. She feels herself going up. “Now open your eyes.” As Twilight does that, she realizes that she and Flash are way up in the clouds. Twilight gives out a scream of horror. “Don’t worry, I got your hoof! Now just relax and keep flapping your wings…” As Flash notices how hard Twilight’s flapping her wings, he adds “Not that hard, you’ll tire yourself out.”

Twilight calmly closes her eyes and stays focused on Flash’s instructions. Letting go of one of Twilight’s hooves, Flash tells her to come with her. The two then start flying together.

Observing the scene, Rainbow Dash speaks up. “No fair, why do they get all the fun? I wanna fly with them too!”

Rainbow Dash tries to give chase to Twilight and Flash but is stopped by Cadance’s magic.

“Let them do this, Rainbow Dash,” she says. “They’re doing just fine by themselves.”

Back to Twi and Flash, while they are flying Twilight speaks up. “I can’t believe I’m doing this… this is amazing.”

“Think you can fly solo?” asks Flash.

“I think so…”

Flash lets go of Twilight’s hoof and Twilight starts flying like she was a true born pegasus. The two then start doing a lot of acrobatic moves together (which if you ask me, could make a Wonderbolt jealous): loop-de-loops, barrel rolls, spiral drops, the works. Twilight and Flash grab their hooves and do fly together in a spiral pattern around town. The others look at Twilight and are instantly astonished. How is it that somepony who just five minutes ago could hardly lift herself five feet off the ground suddenly such an adapt flier?

Twilight looks at Flash and smiles like she knows she is having so much fun with him. Just then, Twilight’s misfocus causes her to hit an flagpole and get tangled up in herself. Flash flies up to her.

“You okay?”

“I... think so…”

“Here, let me help you get out of that mess.” As Flash catches Twilight in her front legs, he pushes her forward and gets her out of the pole. Twilight gives an embarrassed smile.

As Flash and Twilight reach the ground, Flash speaks up. "Well, except for that last part where you stopped paying attention to where you were going, you did pretty good."

"That was incredible,” says Twilight. “I've always dreamed of flying and I actually did it! Thanks, Flash."

“My pleasure to be of your assistance, Princess Twilight.” Pause. “Well, I should probably get back to work now. I’ll see you later, Twilight.”

“I’ll see you later too, Flash…” says Twilight, blushing. Flash then flies away.

The other girls catch up to Twilight. “How did it go, Twilight?” asks Princess Cadance.

Twilight feels embarrassed. “Um… eh… it… went well, yeah!”

“Sure it did...” says Rainbow Dash among winks. The three of them then fly back to the castle.

Author's Note:

Sorry that this chapter's so short. Short chapters are kinda a pet peeve of mine. But I couldn't drag on the sequence any further. At least it's longer than what I've seen from chapter 1 of a lot of stories. Seriously, 20 words does not make a story!

Anyway, rewatched S4E1 for this chapter. I believe Twilight had trouble using her wings in the opening of that episode. So it fit in quite well.

In case you're wondering why Princess Cadance is teaching Twilight how to fly, remember that in the novel 'Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell' it was revealed that Cadance was originally born a pegasus. Cadance went through a trial that lead to her meeting with Celestia, who told her she had earned the title of a princess, growing a unicorn's horn. I haven't read the book myself (dunno if it sells here, since season 3 hasn't even started airing here yet—yet they're playing the movie first; even if they start broadcasting season 3 in March they would only air part one of the opener before airing Equestria Girls), but TV Tropes told me all about that.

I suck at writing sappy romance stuff. I know this is supposed to ship Twilight with Flash Sentry like in the original, but there's a reason why I don't write love stories.

And by the way, before you ask, pizzas do exist in Equestria.