• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 4,215 Views, 64 Comments

My Little Pony: Parallel Equestria Girls - rcmero



After Twilight and Spike go through the portal, they suddenly show up again, but Spike is acting like a dog, and Twilight claims she's a human...

  • ...
18
 64
 4,215

Starswirl the Wise

Twilight slowly starts to get up, still shocked from the sight in front of her.

“T-t-t-talking horses?” she blurts out. She then hears Spike barking to her and looks at him, yet her eyes open up even more once she sees him. She clearly wasn’t expecting him to be a dragon.

Twilight then gets up and tries to run away on her hind legs, but trips and starts rolling around like a ball, hitting the wall and lying upside down with her tail in her face. Everypony in the room just stares at her, not knowing what to say.

Twilight then gets her tail out of her face and realizes that she is not who she once was. She takes a good, hard look at herself. Her hooves on her face and her eyes widen in panic, she screams again.

“This can’t be happening… this can’t be happening! I must be in a dream… a really, really bad dream!” Twilight then proceeds to bump her head against the wall several times. “Wake up, wake up, wake up!” Twilight then notices that she is still in the castle, still as a pony. “Okay, not a dream.”

Twilight then realizes Spike happily barking around her.

“Spike… are you a… a…” Once she sees Spike belch out fire she blurts out “A dragon?!” She screams again.

“Twilight, seriously, what’s gotten into you?” asks Rarity.

“How… do you all know my name?”

Pinkie Pie wraps her front-right leg around Twilight's neck and says "Well duh! We’re Pony Best Friends Forever, remember?"

As Twilight pushes Pinkie away, she blurts out "That's just it! I'm not a pony, I'm a human being!"

The rest of the Mane 6 look amongst each other, feeling confused.

“What’s a human being?” asks Rainbow Dash.

“You don’t even know what a human is?”

Expecting the worst, Celestia speaks up. “Can I see you closer for a second?”

She then walks towards Twilight and Spike and stares into them. Celestia’s eyes start to glow yellow. She then sees through Twilight and Spike’s bodies, seeing two new bodies, one of them a dog.

“It’s just as I feared.”

“What is it?” asks Twilight.

"This is Twilight Sparkle and Spike, but they're not our Twilight and Spike,” Celestia explains. “This must be the other Twilight and Spike, from the other world. Somehow, the portal must have sent our Twilight and Spike to the other world and brought the other Twilight and Spike to our world."

“Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. So you mean not only am I a pony, but I'm in another world?!"


Twilight slowly shakes off her hands, her eyes opening in shock. She tries to shake them off as if to get rid of them, but to no avail. She then looks at her legs and is even more confused, starting to breath deeply.

“Twilight, you have to get it together!” Spike tries to reason with her.

With a sigh, Twilight looks at Spike. “What does the rest of me look like?”

“Like you. Only… not you. You look kind of like a tall elf, but with really short, round ears.”

“Short ears?!” Twilight then looked like she was going to scream again. Spike stopped her with a paw over her mouth.

“Are you gonna scream again?” he says. Once Twilight nodded no, he removed his paws. They then looked around.

“Where… are we?” asks Spike.

“I don’t know…” Twilight responds, looking at their surroundings. A statue was right beside the two. Twilight placed an arm through it and found it was not tangible. “This statue must be a gateway back to Equestria.” She shook her head and carried on. “We need to find my crown as soon as possible and get back there.” Twilight then turns around and looks at the building in front of her. “I suggest we search this castle first.”

“Works for me.” Spike then climbs on Twilight’s back, who proceeds to walk on all fours towards the building.

They then realize that they are getting odd looks from others.

“Yeah… I don’t think that’s how you’re supposed to walk.”

Twilight then quickly gets up and tries walking on her legs… with difficulty.

“Come on, Spike. I do not want to be like this for longer than I have to.”

“Look on the bright side. At least you don’t have those pesky wings to worry about anymore.”

Once she reaches the door, she makes a face that makes it seem like she’s trying to use magic, but when she attempts to go through the door, she collides face-first with it. When she tries to do it again, she realizes that nothing’s happening.

“My magic… it isn’t working!”

“Makes sense. You don’t exactly have your horn.”

What?!

“We really need to find you a mirror.” Spike then opens the door and the two go through, examining the building’s interior. She realizes a pedestal on her right with trophies and other objects and examines it.

“What do you think, Spike?” she asks. “Are these artifacts she’s stolen from Equestria?”

As she looks at the objects, she sees her reflection and gasps.

“What… am I?”

Suddenly a bell rings and other creatures just like Twilight enter the room. There’s so many of them that Twilight has difficulty getting out of the crowd. Once she gets off, she rolls around like a ball and bumps into a boy with blue hair.

“Whoa!” he speaks up, extending a hand towards Twilight. “Are you OK?”

Twilight grabs his hand with a fist--she then realizes it and extends the fist--and gets up. Once she nods, the other boy walks away.

“I... don’t think this is a castle…” Spike speaks up.


"OK, so if you really are from another world,” Rainbow Dash speaks up, “then what's your world like? And if you’re the other Twilight from that world, then are there other versions of us in your world? And what are we like there?"

"Well, I'm not sure how to explain it to you,” Twilight responds. “All I know is my family had recently just moved from Manhattan to Peopleville. I was on my way to start my first day at Canterlot High School, when suddenly there was this huge flash of light and I wound up here, in the body of a pony that you claim is a princess."

The rest of the Mane 6 look among themselves, looking surprised.

"Manhattan?"
"Peopleville?"
"Canterlot… High School?"

With a sad face, Twilight blurts out “I’m just so confused…”

Suddenly the ponies hear another unknown voice. "Well then, perhaps I can provide some enlightenment to your current situation, Miss Sparkle."

Next to the ponies is a tall, some-what overweight old man with a long beard, wearing clothes just like Starswirl the Bearded's and carrying a cane that's a long wooden stick with a big round orb on the top.

“What is that?!” the rest of the Mane 6 blurt out.

Twilight, however, just looks extremely happy and walks straight to him. "Mister, I have no idea who you are but, right now, I really don't care. I'm just happy to see another human," she says.

Another human?” Rainbow Dash asks in shock.

That’s what a human looks like?” asks Rarity.

"It kind of looks like a tall elf, but with really short round ears," Fluttershy says.

"Yes, well, permit me to introduce myself. My name is Starswirl the Wise.”

“Starswirl... the Wise?” Celestia asks in shock.

"Yes, I believe you’re familiar with my pony counterpart, Starswirl the Bearded."

"You knew Starswirl the Bearded?" asks Luna.

"Yes, you see, over 1000 years ago he arrived in my home dimension via his Trans-Dimensional Gateway Mirror. When the two of us first met, we were kind of weirded out by each other. But we actually got along very well.
“Soon we began experimenting with magic spells that neither of us could accomplish separately, including one that had successfully unbound us both to the time-space continuum. We no longer aged nor did we have to eat or sleep, we simply exist. This allowed us to be able to travel to any period of time or any dimension throughout existence.
“Ever since, we've been traveling throughout the Multiverse researching the pasts, presents and futures of one parallel world after another. Unfortunately, since the two of us both cast that spell together, we are unable to remain apart from each other for too long a period of time without returning outside the time-space continuum. So we rarely ever meddle in the affairs of other worlds.
“But sometimes it becomes necessary for us to intervene in order to prevent great disasters. Which is why I am here. Both of us Starswirls agreed that Miss Sparkle here would feel more comfortable if she spoke with a fellow human.”

Kneeling down towards Twilight, Starswirl continued. "Now I don't have much time left, so pay close attention. What you are experiencing is commonly known as a Full Cross-Temporal Consciousness Inversion. As we speak, your pony counterpart is trapped in your body back in our world. But she'll be OK for the time being. Now normally this sort of thing would never happen, unfortunately this is the time when the Nibiru is drawing closer."

"Ni-bi-ru…? What's that?" asks Twilight.

"A once in a life-time cosmic event when the barriers that separate dimensions grow weaker,” Starswirl explains, “enabling forces from other worlds to leak into different worlds causing all sorts of bizarre cosmic conundrums and paradoxes. Like the gateway mirror imploding between dimensions, thus sealing the portal shut. The only way to fix this mess is for pony Twilight to recover her crown from the human world and use its power to reopen the portal, so the two of you can return home and reclaim your rightful bodies."

“What can I do about this?”

"Well, for now you need to learn how to use Princess Twilight's alicorn powers. You'll need to learn how to fly and how to wield magic. Many beings tend to take advantage of the Nibiru's power for their own desires, so you need to be prepared for whatever it throws at you. I'm sure your pony friends here can help you with that."

Getting up, Starswirl continues as he walks around the room. "You know, it's funny really... I spent my whole life learning about magic, and yet I always thought that friendship was just a waste of valuable time. Until I met my pony self, of course. We just shared such good chemistry that it was impossible for us to not become best friends. It wasn't until that day that I had learned that there truly was magic in friendship."

"Yeah, that's great and all, but--"

Before Twilight could finish, Starswirl pulls out a hand in front of her and speaks up. "I would love to talk more, Miss Sparkle.” Suddenly he starts glowing and has static electric bolts swirling around him. “But I fear my time here is up. I must now leave this dimension."

“No, wait, I still have so much to ask you!”

"Just have faith, Miss Sparkle. In yourself, your other self, and her friends. And don't forget that FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC!" As he finished, he suddenly disappears. Twilight tried to jump towards him, but she was too late.

"No, wait! Please don't go away! Plea-he-he-hease..." Twilight suddenly starts to cry. Spike notices this and walks up to her whimpering. Twilight gives him a nice, long, sad cuddle to make herself feel better.

“Well… that was weird,” Cadance was able to blurt out after a short while.

"But on the bright side,” Luna speaks up, “at least we now know that Starswirl the Bearded is still alive and both he and our Twilight are OK."

"Yes, that is a huge relief for me,” Celestia agrees, “but what Starswirl the Wise said fills me with new worries. Dimensional barriers weakening, allowing forces from other worlds to leak into different worlds, causing bizarre effects, beings taking advantage of this…” With a gasp, she realizes. “This must be what Sunset Shimmer is up to! She must be planning to take advantage of this Nibiru's power!"

"Take advantage of it, how?" asks Cadance.

"I don't know yet,” Celestia replies, “but I do know one thing. If that human Starswirl truly is anything like Starswirl the Bearded, then we have to trust him and do what he said by helping this Twilight learn to use her new abilities."

"Well, you heard Princess Celestia,” Applejack tells Twilight. “Let’s get your pony on!"

Twilight stares at the rest of the Mane 6. "You would actually do that? For me? Even though I'm not the Twilight you know?"

"Well, of course!" says Applejack.

"We would do the same for anypony," says Rarity.

"It doesn't matter if you’re not our Twilight!" adds Rainbow Dash.

"Because any Twilight from any world is a friend of ours," Fluttershy finishes.

Twilight then clears off her tears and simply smiles at the others.

Author's Note:

I literally worked on this for a day. It's amazing what I can do if I just pull myself and do something. Which reminds me that I still need to pull my lazy bum together and work on Port-Ed 2. I'm really neglecting that story.
Oh yeah, and before you ask, the song plays next chapter.