• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 4,214 Views, 64 Comments

My Little Pony: Parallel Equestria Girls - rcmero



After Twilight and Spike go through the portal, they suddenly show up again, but Spike is acting like a dog, and Twilight claims she's a human...

  • ...
18
 64
 4,214

Opening

Author's Note:

After many thoughts, I decided to post this story here. I already posted it on Fanfiction.net and Archive of Our Own, so why not here too?
Anyway, this is not quite the first time I jumped into pony fic territory, I had a failed crossover I posted a few years back. I got rid of it though. Hopefully with this one I can do something nice. Heck, a feature would be good, but I'm getting my hopes up.

In the Crystal Empire, many years ago, Starswirl the Bearded was busy with his latest progress in magic. His students, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, are all right next to him, eager to know his progress.

“This is it, my faithful students,” he spoke up to Celestia and Luna. “If this works well, this Trans-Dimensional Gateway Portal should be able to transport anypony to any dimension one pleases.”

“How are you going to do that?” asked Celestia.

“It’s quite simple, Celestia. Observe.”

He then took the sack next to him and opened it up, taking out two gem stones the size of softballs. He then explains that they are the Jewels of Quantume, the only thing that can set the coordinates of where the portal will lead to. He places the jewel on top of a slot on top of the portal and magically seals it in.

Suddenly, the mirror portal becomes active. Starswirl instantly writes down what is happening on his notes.

“Is this safe?” asked Luna.

“Don’t worry, it’s completely safe. Now all I have to do is set the coordinates to where the portal will lead to. Now, since this is just a test run…” Starswirl then shoots a beam from his horn, “I believe I can set this to be completely random.”

“Are you sure about that?” asked Celestia. “Aren’t you being reckless?”

“Don’t worry, I know what I’m doing.” Starswirl then galloped towards the portal. Before walking through it, he looked at his students. “If you don’t hear from me in a month, send somepony here to rescue me.”

Starswirl then went through the portal.

“Good luck… old friend.”


Over 1000 years later…


The train suddenly stopped at the Crystal Empire station. The Mane 6 step out of it and proceed to the castle.

“Hoo-wee!” Applejack told Twilight. “Your very first princess summit. You must be over the moon.”

“I am excited,” Twilight replied. “But to be honest, I’m a little bit nervous too.”

Pinkie Pie suddenly popped up next to the two.

“You’re nervouscited!” she said. “You just wanna jump up and down and yell ‘Yay, yay!’, but you also want to crawl into a teeny tiny ball and hide at the same time!” she finished crawling into a ball. Once she was up, she pet Twilight saying “We’ve all been there!”

“You’ve got no reason to fret, Twi,” Applejack assured. “Everything’s gonna be just…”

Twilight!” Rarity suddenly interrupted. She ran up to Twilight and looked at her. “Sorry, darling, but I just realized you’re not wearing your crown!” She put up her face next to Twilight’s. “You haven’t forgotten it back in Ponyville, have you?”

“It’s in my bag.” Rarity then looked to her right. Spike was petting a travel bag with Twilight’s cutie mark on it. “Just feel a bit self-conscious about wearing it,” Twilight continued. She then stretched her wings. “Haven’t really gotten accustomed to these yet either.”

Twilight tried flying for a little bit. She was able to float a few feet for a few seconds before falling down.

“You are a princess now, Twilight,” Rarity told her. “Embrace it! Why, if I had a crown like that, I would never take it off! I’d even sleep with it!”

Twilight gave Rarity a short smile.


The doors open to the Crystal Empire palace, where Twilight sees her brother Shining Armour, along with Princesses Celestia, Luna and Cadance.

Twilight feels surprised to see crystal guards blowing off horns go off for her.

As Twilight is going forward, the princesses walk towards her.

“Twilight!” Cadance spoke up. “I haven’t seen you since the coronation.”

“We have so much to discuss,” said Princess Celestia. “But I think it can wait until tomorrow. You all look tired from your journey. Now off to bed.”


In Twilight’s bedroom, she and Spike are getting ready to do some shuteye. Twilight examines the bag she carried and takes out the things in it with her magic. Once she takes off her crown, she puts it on for a while and looks at the mirror, sighing.

Spike turns around and notices what Twilight’s doing.

“What’s wrong, Twilight?” he asks.

With a sigh, Twilight responds. “I don’t know, Spike. I’m just… worried, I guess. Princess Cadance was given the Crystal Empire for her to rule. What if now that I’m a princess Celestia expects me to rule a kingdom of my own?”

“That would be awesome!”

“No it would not!” As Twilight places the crown on the table and goes to bed, she continues. “Just because I have a crown and wings doesn’t mean I’ll be a good leader!”

“Sure you will, Twilight,” Spike tries to reassure her. As he tucks Twilight in, he continues. “You should get some shuteye. Big day tomorrow.” He then turns off the desk lamp and goes to sleep.

If only it were that easy for Twilight to fall asleep too. Her wings keep disturbing her. She just can’t seem to keep them closed. Eventually she’s able to fall asleep, her wings still open.

[youtube=RmDH7I4VFv0]