• Published 14th Apr 2012
  • 16,384 Views, 1,522 Comments

PonyFall: Australia - Thunderbug80



Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy are transported to Australia by Discord, where they try to find a way home

  • ...
47
 1,522
 16,384

Reflections and Royalty

Reflections and Royalty
April 16th 2012


The sound of the intercom buzzer sent Fluttershy scurrying into the corner of the chaise like a rabbit that had just been cornered by the hounds. Angel, on the other hand, merely glanced curiously upward at the sudden noise and shrugged. I stood up and turned to the Equestrians.

"Okay, remember what I said," I warned. "Just let me do the talking here. Moey is a good man, but he has a weakness for... well, let's just hope we get this over with quickly." I walked to the intercom and picked up the receiver.

"Hello, good friend," came the voice from the receiver. "This is your friendly neighborhood radical fundamentalist, and I have come to convert you to the true path of life by means of discussion or violence, depending on whether I deem you worthy of becoming a martyr for. May I please enter your home?"

I tried to hold back my laughter at Moey's eccentric sense of humor. "Good sir, I am but a lost heathen. I am uncertain if your knowledge can save me," I answered.

"Well at least you admit it. Now let me in, it's cold out here!" came the reply.

"Right. Buzzing you in now."

I could hear my friend making his way up the stairs, then peered through the peep hole in the door. Moey was standing outside wearing his trademark broad smile. He had his hair cut short and his face was clean-shaven. His clothing consisted of a heavy hooded sweatshirt and track pants. I opened the door and was met with a hug.

"Dougie! Long time no see," he said, following me into the living room. "So what is this business you wanted me to... " he stopped when he noticed the three Equestrians sitting on the chaise. "My friend, are these beauties what Christianity has to offer? If so, I will take a blood oath or whatever is necessary to convert right now!"

Moey took the seat I offered him. "Moey, these are some mates of mine. They need some help with their identities, and we can't settle for a bodge job. They've got to be realistic."

"Oh? And just how realistic will you be needing?" Moey asked, eyeing the girls.

"FBI realistic."

The smile that was already wide on Moey's face began to grow even wider. "Oh, is that all?" he managed through a sudden fit of giggles. Pinkie decided to join in and giggled as well. "My friend, you do not ask much, yes?"

I allowed his laughter to die down before continuing. "That's not all. I'm going to need at least three more sets, plus passports, for some other children."

Moey clapped his hands together and laughed loudly. "Oh yes! Six sets of papers and passports that are FBI-worthy? My friend, you are either insane, or you have just funded the next six months in the Jihad effort! Either way, I applaud you."

"Come on, Moey. Be serious for a moment," I said. "That's not even funny, either. Be thankful I know you're just joking around. Now how much are we looking at?"

"Okay, okay," he began, regaining his composure. "Okay. If you are serious about this, you'd normally be looking at about twelve thousand dollars." My heart skipped a beat. "But since you are a good friend, I can bring that down to maybe seventy-five hundred."

"Seven thousand five hundred dollars?" I asked, stunned. "I still have to buy airline tickets!"

"Dougie, come on now. I have given you a great deal! Tell you what," he said, looking at the girls. "If one of your lovely friends gives me a kiss, I'll only charge you three thousand." Fluttershy cringed backwards as he let out a hearty laugh.

"No way!" I stood up angrily. "You might just be joking around but... "

I trailed off as Pinkie leaned over towards Moey and planted a big kiss on the tip of his nose. Moey's laughter stopped suddenly as everyone in the room turned to face Pinkie.

"We'll take that discount now," she said sweetly.

"Pinkie!" I shouted. "What did you just do?"

"I got us an easy discount. I mean, duh! I don't know how much a dollar is worth, but if anyone offered me a four thousand five hundred bit discount for a kiss, I'd be totally crazy not to do it!"

Moey blinked at Pinkie, then pointed at her. "I like her, done deal! I'll get them to you for three thousand. It will be maybe three days, maybe four. Quality assurance, yes? Might be a while." He stood up. "Does this conclude our business then?"

I shook my friend's hand, then led him back towards the front door. "I'll email you pictures of the other kids that I need papers for. I appreciate you helping me out here."

"Okay, okay. Please, do not ever mention this deal to anyone. I have a reputation to keep, yes?" I opened the door for him and he stepped through. "Maybe you'll invite me over again soon? While your lovely friends are over, yes?" he asked as he reached the bottom of the stairs.

"We'll see," I called back. He left through the security door and I closed the front door, then walked back into the living room. "Pinkie, I need a word with you."


After warning Pinkie of the dangers of kissing random men, I sat back down on the chaise to prepare my private message for Fullmetal_Pony. Pinkie was in the other room helping Angel learn how to walk better, but Fluttershy was sitting beside me. She chatted excitedly as I thought about what to type.

"Oh, it will be so nice to see the girls again," she said, smiling. "I hope your friend is taking good care of them."

I sighed. "He's not my friend. You need to realize that things on Earth are very different than they are in Equestria."

She looked down at the floor. "Well, I knew that." Her head perked back up. "But he must be nice if he gave them pancakes."

"Just because someone is nice does't mean that person automatically becomes my friend," I explained. "That's what I'm trying to tell you. People can be really mean and cruel, and some people can lie really well. It's hard to know whether someone can be trusted."

Fluttershy sighed. "That sounds complicated."

I nodded, then returned my attention to the screen. I had a blank private message open and needed to get it sent as quickly as possible. I picked up the keyboard and got started.

To: Fullmetal_Pony

Good day,

Okay, so here's the deal. We're going to need passports for the Crusaders before they can fly anywhere. Other paperwork too. Birth certificates, that sort of thing. I've got you covered there, but I'm going to need passport-worthy photos of the girls before I can get you everything you need. Email me three photos of each of them just in case you mess up on any of them. Once I have the photos, it will be three or four days before they are finished, then another few days in the mail. Once you receive the paperwork, send an email to aussie_hunter@ausmail.com. After you've done that, I can sort out your airline tickets.

Oh, and in case you forget. Keep the girls secret and safe!

- Cheers,

TheSlorg

I took a final look over the message and decided it would do, so I clicked on 'send' and hoped that this guy was the real deal. If I didn't get any photos within two days I would have to track this guy down for wasting my time and money. Then again, if he turned out to be legitimate, it would mean that I had managed to find a total of six Equestrians in less than one week. I briefly wondered what the odds of that were, but decided I would rather not know.

I turned to face Fluttershy. “Well, if this Fullmetal_Pony guy is who he says he is, then we might get to see the fillies in about a week.”

“Oh, I hope so,” she said. She was silent for a moment, then looked over at me again. “Do you think maybe you could try to find somepony else too? If it’s not a problem, that is.”

That likely wasn’t going to happen. Then again, why not give it a try? It was hard to say 'no' to Fluttershy, and she would appreciate the effort.

“I can’t promise anything, but I’ll have a look in the chatroom. Just for you, okay?”

Fluttershy smiled sweetly and focused her attention on the screen. After a few moments, I was back in the chatroom.

[14:14] == TheSlorg has joined #fimfiction

[14:14] (Rainbow_Dash_Lvr) Ya Rainbow Darsh is best pony

[14:14] (Yozzoy) Lol can’t even spell it right. Junebug pwns Rainbow Dash.

[14:14] (DragonLS) You’re both wrong, Celestia & Pinkie are best ponies.

[14:15] (TheSlorg) Hey guys. Brohoof, Yozzoy. Junebug is best. Though Pinkie and Fluttershy are growing on me.

[14:15] (TheSlorg) Anything crazy happen while I was gone?

[14:15] (Yozzoy) I didn’t say she was best pony. I just said she pwns Rainbow Dash.

[14:15] (Yozzoy) Slorg you’ve been gone what, an hour or so? Of course crazy things have gone down.

[14:15] (Rainbow_Dash_Lvr) >:(

[14:15] (DragonLS) Crazy? That would be an understatement... Also Yozzoy, shush. The fact is you said she “pwns” Rainbow Dash, so therefore, wouldn’t that mean she’s better than Rainbow Dash, thus being a best pony?

[14:16] (PonyFreak) I love them ALLLLL!!!!

[14:16] (Rainbow_Dash_Lvr) I haet you guyz

[14:16] == Rainbow_Dash_Lvr has quit

[14:16] (DragonLS) Damn fanboys...

Just as I suspected, this was getting me nowhere. I decided to stay in the chat for a little longer, for Fluttershy’s benefit. It had only been two minutes, after all.

[14:16] (TheSlorg) Anyway... How about those pink skies, huh?

[14:16] (PonyFreak) Old news, nobody cares. Back to ponies.

[14:17] (DragonLS) Actually, pink skies sounds like a nifty topic to be on. What ails you, Slorg?

[14:17] (Yozzoy) It’s Slorg. You shouldn’t need to ask.

[14:17] (TheSlorg) Hurr hurr, funny.

I decided to mention the fudge smell. It wasn't any weirder than what was usually discussed in the chatroom. I had told Fluttershy I would try to find somepony, and the smell was the only link I had between the pink sky and ponies.

[14:17] (TheSlorg) The chocolate or fudge smell was weird, too.

[14:17] (DragonLS) ...Come again?

[14:18] (Cheerisquee) Somebody read my new fic pls.

[14:18] (Cheerisquee) It’s a Scootaloo x Featherweight ship

[14:18] (Yozzoy) See? Slorg’s weird enough. Don’t encourage him.

[14:18] (DragonLS) ...I wonder that, Yozzoy.

[14:18] (DragonLS) Slorg, out of curiosity, when you smelled fudge, did anything happen to come into... possession?

[14:18] (PonyFreak) Fudge. Lolol

Possession? Surely that didn't mean...

I set the keyboard down and stared at what DragonLS had written. It was beyond my ability to imagine that I would find another pony so soon after discovering the potential location of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. A possession could mean just about anything. However, I had known DragonLS for some time, and he didn’t seem to be the type to beat around the bush. Unless he knew something that needed to be kept quiet, that is.

“Oh, you couldn’t find anypony?” Fluttershy asked. She was looking at the keyboard. “I guess it was too much to hope for.” She sounded morose.

“Hm? Oh, actually... uh, let me get back to you.” I picked up the keyboard and began typing again.

[14:20] (TheSlorg) Hey Dragon. Query incoming.

I opened up a query with DragonLS so we could chat privately.

[14:20] (TheSlorg) Yes, the smell came with possessions. What do you know?

[14:20] (DragonLS) That depends. How do you know about the fudge smell?

[14:20] (TheSlorg) Because I bloody well smelled it. I don’t know many other people who did, either.

[14:21] (DragonLS) Indeed... Some people I know didn’t smell fudge on the day when the pink skies showed up. I am guessing that if you were around a certain, well, circumstance, you’d smell it. Do you not agree?

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” I blurted aloud. Fluttershy peered at me quizzically. I was prepared to say I had found another pony, but I stopped myself. It would do no good to get her hopes up just for them to be shattered, as they likely would be. There was no way I could have stumbled upon another one so soon. I began typing again.

[14:21] (TheSlorg) I assume that circumstance requires some discretion, especially if we’re on the same page here.

[14:21] (DragonLS) To an extent, yes. But be it discreet or not discreet, it’s not like anyone would care.

[14:21] (DragonLS) They would just think you got some crazy information on the internet, and you would turn crazy yourself. At least, that’s what the public will think.

“Hey, look over here!’ Pinkie shouted from the hallway. Angel stood beside her. “Guess who can walk all by himself now?” She noticed the keyboard in my hands. “Ooh, are you hunting for more ponies?”

I didn't answer, and instead just looked at Pinkie, then Angel, and finally Fluttershy. If I was going to find out what I needed to know, I would need to throw caution to the wind.

[14:22] (TheSlorg) Which pony did you find?

I hit enter and waited for the answer. I would either find out that I had found another pony beyond all odds, or I would have to explain away a short burst of insanity to a friend. Not much of an issue really, when I thought about it.

[14:23] (DragonLS) Bingo, looks like I found another one. I take it it was raining humans where you were?

“Son of a bitch!” I exclaimed for the second time that day. “We found another one!”

“Really!?” Pinkie asked as she and Angel came to sit on the chaise. I suddenly had the full attention of the Equestrians. “That internet thing must be really good at this. Who is it? Ooh, is it Rainbow Dash? Or maybe Rarity. They both like to show off, you know.”

“I don’t know yet, give me a moment,” I replied, then went back to typing.

[14:24] (TheSlorg) Yes. Yes there were a few more humans in the area. Dragon, did you really find a pony? Human pony, or whatever?

[14:24] (DragonLS) Yes I have, in my backyard no less. I didn’t exactly see her pop out of the sky, but I assumed it was the case, given the circumstances.

[14:24] (DragonLS) It’s odd though. The fact we’re having this conversation is a bit unbelievable, tbh. I mean, pink skies and ponies from Equestria in the human world? It’s nuts.

Well, that was about as straightforward as it got. I definitely seemed to have tracked down another pony, and I had barely even been trying. DragonLS seemed to be reasonable, and was quiet about it until I had mentioned the fudge. Good. Unlike Fullmetal_Pony, DragonLS was being discreet.

But now I needed more information. It was time to just come right out with things.

[14:25] (TheSlorg) Well, I didn’t believe anything until Pinkie chased me through the outback. Did you know her eyes really do turn red when you break a Pinkie Promise?

[14:25] (DragonLS) I’m aware, only from the wikipedia website, though. So, you have Pinkie Pie, huh? You have my sympathy. She must be hard to deal with.

[14:25] (TheSlorg) You have no idea. She likes Coke, too. So who did you find?

[14:25] (DragonLS) Of all sugary things to give her... you gave her coke? Guess you should be lucky it wasn’t a Monster drink... God knows what would happen if she drank that.

[14:26] (DragonLS) Ah right, the pony I have... Well, what would your reaction be if a rainbow-haired Powerpuff Girl came into your possession?

[14:27] (TheSlorg) You found Rainbow Dash? I guess Pinkie guessed correctly. Bloody hell, this is unbelievable. Seven ponies!

[14:27] (DragonLS) Seven? You’ve found more? Christ, how many showed up on Earth? Also, no, it’s not Rainbow Dash. Think for a moment: Who else has rainbow-like hair?

[14:27] (TheSlorg) Well, I found Pinkie, Fluttershy, and Angel. I also think I may have found someone who has Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. So yours would be seven. Wait, six. Angel is a bunny.

[14:27] (TheSlorg) Rainbow hair? I don’t know. Just tell me. Pinkie wants to know.

[14:27] (DragonLS) Fluttershy AND Angel!? Oh lord... why of all things does it have to be Angel...? He’d be better off as Rabbit Stew. Also, the CMC are here too? Geezus, I feel sorry for the guy who has them.

“He isn’t saying who he has,” I told the Equestrians. “He mentioned rainbow-hair, but said it wasn’t Rainbow Dash. Who else has rainbow-hair?”

“Um, well there’s Holly Dash,” Fluttershy suggested.

“Oh, give me that thing!” Pinkie shouted, grabbing the keyboard out of my hands.

“Hey!”

[14:29] (TheSlorg) Hai tou, wjkhat ptniy did yoyu finds?

[14:29] (DragonLS) ...If my l33tineese isn’t rusty, I think you’re asking me what pony I found. Although why you’re asking me in that kind of speak, is beyond me.

“What does that say?” Pinkie said, pointing to the screen.

“Come on Pinkie, just let me do the talking. Typing, whatever,” I said.

[14:30] (TheSlorg) Duid youtf sat Raonvow Dsashd?

“Pinkie!”

“Fine.”

I took the keyboard back and got to work.

[14:30] (TheSlorg) Sorry, that was Pinkie. She’s getting impatient.

[14:30] (DragonLS) Ah, that explains it. Not a single pony can use a computer... But anyway, right, the pony. I guess this game of Guess Who has gone on long enough.

[14:30] (DragonLS) I have Princess Celestia.

“Princess Celestia!?” Pinkie and I shouted simultaneously.

“She doesn't have rainbow hair, it's pastel! Wait, you could read that?” I asked, turning to Pinkie.

“I told you I would figure it out! I just have to make my eyes all squinty like this,” she replied, squinting her eyes and giggling.

Fluttershy looked overjoyed. “Oh, the princess! Surely she will know how to get us back to Equestria,” she said.

[14:31] (TheSlorg) You have the princess? Great! She can get the ponies back to Equestria.

[14:32] (DragonLS) ...Out of curiosity, does Fluttershy have her wings?

[14:32] (TheSlorg) Well, no. Both girls have their cutie marks, though.

[14:32] (DragonLS) Celestia is under the same circumstance. No horn, no wings. That means no magic either.

“Damn it,” I muttered. “The princess lost her magic. She’s in the same boat you are.”

“You call this a boat?” Pinkie asked, looking down at the chaise she was sitting on.

I ignored Pinkie’s antics and the disappointed looks on Angel’s and Fluttershy’s faces, and bent back down to the keyboard.

[14:32] (TheSlorg) How the heck are we going to get them back to Equestria without magic? Ugh.

[14:32] (DragonLS) Here’s an idea... use Pinkie’s 4th wall powers and hop into the television?

[14:33] (TheSlorg) If only it were that easy. I don’t suppose the princess is awake right now? It’s night time where you’re at, isn’t it?

[14:33] (DragonLS) Past Midnight, yes. In Atlanta, Georgia. I don’t think I know where you are though.

[14:33] (TheSlorg) Sydney. Look, if all goes well, the Cutie Mark Crusaders will be here in about a week. I’m not sure if I can afford to fly anyone else over here right now. We need to get the ponies together somehow, though.

[14:33] (DragonLS) Even if you wanted me to fly over there. I can’t, mostly for two reasons: One, I’m in college. And Two, Celestia doesn’t have any identification or passports. I assume that’s the same situation for you?

[14:34] (TheSlorg) Well, not exactly. All six of the ponies I’ve found are being taken care of, so to speak.

I thought back to the earlier discount I had received from Moey. I didn’t want to think about what price he would demand from me after that fiasco, and especially not what we’d have to do to get another discount.

[14:34] (DragonLS) So to speak? What do you mean? Even if the ponies were to get the paperwork and such to obtain passports and such, it would take months. How are you even managing this in such a short amount of time?

Crap, let’s not get into this right now.

[14:34] (TheSlorg) Uh. I know someone who can get me what I need. Let’s not talk about him right now, though.

[14:34] (TheSlorg) In fact, it’s past lunch time and the girls are going to need something to eat. Angel too, of course. I should be going now.

[14:34] (DragonLS) Hmm... I still find it suspicious, but I guess it’s not my right to pry. Before you go, I’ll need some way to contact you, in case we need to talk again, update our statuses, and what not.

[14:35] (TheSlorg) Sure, sounds good. Send me an email at aussie_hunter@ausmail.com. Send me a picture of Celestia, while you’re at it. I might be able to work something out for you as far as ID goes.

[14:35] (DragonLS) As far as ID...? Ahhh, I see now... connections, I take it?

[14:35] (TheSlorg) Look at that, Pinkie has had a sudden craving for Coke. I’d better go fix that lunch now. Bye!

[14:35] == TheSlorg has quit

“I’m not craving Coke!” Pinkie shouted. “Oh wait, yes I am. Let’s go get some, we need to celebrate with a party! It will be the We-Just-Found-the-Cutie-Mark-Crusaders-and-Princess-Celestia-Using-the-Internet Party!”

I thought about it for a moment, then turned to Pinkie. "You know what? Sure, let's have a party." Her eyes lit up. "A little one, okay?"

Pinkie squealed and made some other unintelligble noises, then began bouncing on the chaise. I didn't mind. My three new room-mates were dealing with a very stressful situation. Anything I could do to help make them more comfortable in their new surroundings should help keep their morale high. The fact that Princess Celestia had lost her magic was not a good sign, as I had assumed she would possess the answers for how to return the Equestrians to their rightful home.

For now, all I could do was try to keep them happy.


The apartment was dark and, finally, quiet. I glanced at the wall clock and saw that it was almost nine. Pinkie, who was now lying unconscious on the chaise, had managed to keep the party going for nearly six hours. There had been balloons. Where she had found them, I would probably never know. There had been music. I even played a few pony songs on the computer, much to Pinkie's delight and Fluttershy's embarrassment. There had been games. I had brought out an old Candyland board game from my collection, which was a hit with the Equestrians. Pictionary was less successful due to their unfamiliarity with using hands to hold pencils. Pinkie had tried to draw using her mouth, but apparently it was difficult because of the differences in facial structure between humans and ponies. She still managed to draw a decent grizzly bear.

Angel yawned from his seat on the floor. Fluttershy soon followed suit, and then I yawned as well.

"I guess it's bed time," I whispered. Angel and Fluttershy nodded. "I'll take Pinkie into the bedroom. You girls can take the bed, Angel can have the chaise."

I bent down and carefully picked Pinkie up into my arms. She was a little heavier than Fluttershy was, but she was still surprisingly light. I was preparing to take her to the bedroom when I noticed Fluttershy blushing profusely.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked.

"I, um. I need to. Well, you see... " she stammered.

"Go ahead," I said encouragingly. "You don't need to be embarrassed around me."

"Well, I just... I sort of need to. Oh, where's the little filly's room?" she finally managed. The last few words were a mix between a whisper and a squeak.

"It's the door on the right," I said, indicating the hallway.

"Oh, thank you!" she called back as she walked to the door, opened it, and disappeared inside.

I stifled a chuckle and carried Pinkie into my bedroom, carefully placing her on the bed so as not to wake her up. It was a king-sized bed, so I doubted the girls would be uncomfortable. I pulled the covers over her, tucking her in, then walked quietly out of the room and closed the door. Angel was lying on the chaise and was already asleep. He must have crawled up onto it when I was tucking Pinkie in. I walked to the linen closet and grabbed a blanket for Angel and tucked him in as well.

What a day it has been, I thought as I leaned against the wall and watched Angel. I imagined what it would be like to meet the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Hopefully they were having fun and were being kept safe. What about meeting the princess? Would she expect to be bowed to? It would be polite, but she seemed to be too fair and kind to hold it against anyone if they didn't. Maybe.

My mind focused on Celestia. What was she? She was sometimes described as being a deity. Could that be possible? I recalled my earlier thoughts on science and religion and I sighed, sliding down the wall to sit upon the floor. Everything was wrong. What we knew of physics meant little if Pinkie Pie could defy gravity, among other things. Unicorns possessed magic, as well. Was it somehow based in science? If so, did it match our own understanding of the universe? What about God? I had never been very religious, but I had thought perhaps God might exist. If Celestia was basically a god, then what did that say about modern religion? The more I thought about it, the more lost I became. I looked down and noticed my hands were trembling.

Just then I heard a sobbing noise coming from the bathroom. I stood up and quickly rapped on the bathroom door, which gently swayed open when I knocked.

"Hey Fluttershy, is everything okay in there?" I asked. Hoping that I wasn't about to do something I would forever regret, I risked a peek inside.

Fluttershy was standing before the bathroom mirror, both hands resting on the sink. Her head hung low, her pink hair hiding her face. I took a step closer.

"Fluttershy? Hey, what's wrong?" I asked.

"I-I just... m-my... " She stopped to take a breath, then raised her head and looked into the mirror. She closed her eyes and whispered, "I'm sorry, it's nothing."

I came to stand behind Fluttershy and looked into the mirror as well. She glanced back up at her reflection, but tears welled up in her eyes and she looked away again.

"Oh Fluttershy," I whispered. The poor thing. "Is this really the first time you've seen what you look like?"

A nod. She continued to keep her eyes averted from the mirror, however.

"What about the bathroom at the camp?" I asked, remembering our first full day together. "I recall seeing a mirror in there when I, uh, helped you into the shower."

A sigh. "I never looked at it. I was too scared of what I might see." She sighed again. "It was the same with that little mirror in the car. I didn't look into it."

I was silent. It was difficult to tell what would be the right thing to do, but in the end I decided to remain silent and listen.

"I knew my ears were different," she continued. "I can't hear as well as I used to, and I've seen what yours look like. I just... I guess I wasn't prepared to look like this." Her voice broke as she spoke the last few words.

"Well, I guess we humans are a rather ugly lot, aren't we?" I said. Fluttershy jumped slightly at that.

"Oh no! That's not what I... I mean you're not... " She looked back up into the mirror and to my reflection as I began to laugh.

"It's okay," I soothed. "I understand what you mean."

"Oh, okay," she laughed nervously. She looked back to her own reflection. "I guess it's not so bad."

I gave her a small smile. "Well, for the record you look adorable as a human," I stated. Her cheeks reddened further and I decided to change the topic. "Shall I show you to the bedroom? It's been a long day."

Fluttershy nodded and returned my smile. "Thank you."

I led her to the bedroom and a noisily snoring Pinkie. After a few moments I had her tucked into bed, where she closed her eyes and was soon fast asleep.

As I walked back into the living room and searched the linen closet for a sleeping bag, I idly wondered how the Cutie Mark Crusaders and Princess Celestia were coping with the people who had found them. I set the sleeping bag on the floor and crawled inside of it. Were Twilight Sparkle and the others on Earth somewhere as well? Had they been discovered by good, honest people? I closed my eyes. As sleep began to overtake me, I hoped that any other ponies that had made it to Earth were safe and secure.