• Published 14th Apr 2012
  • 16,373 Views, 1,522 Comments

PonyFall: Australia - Thunderbug80



Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy are transported to Australia by Discord, where they try to find a way home

  • ...
47
 1,522
 16,373

Holiday Bonus Chapter: Halloween

Holiday Bonus Chapter: Halloween
October 31st, 2012


There are many dimensions and, with them, many possibilities. Here we find one such possibility – a dimension in which Doug has failed in his mission to return Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Angel to Equestria. In this reality, the Equestrians have had to come to grips with being unable to return, and have had to adjust to living in a permanent human form. Tonight is their first Halloween together.

..o0o..

“No peeking!” Victoria warned with what she probably hoped was a stern look upon her face. However, with the corners of her mouth turned up slightly and the bright sparkle in her eyes, it was obvious the warning had been made in jest.

I wasn’t one to test her, though.

“Yeah, yeah. As tempting as it may be, I have no interest in walking in on you three getting changed,” I said truthfully with a wave towards the girls.

“Well duh!” Pinkie called out, poking her head into a shopping bag she held in her hands. “You totally kicked him out of the house just for getting pounced on! I mean, I wouldn’t even want to try and imagine what you’d do to him if he actually did do something dishonest.” She removed her head from the bag and looked up thoughtfully. “Besides, he’s already seen us both naked. Isn’t that supposed to be some kind of big deal to humans?”

From behind Pinkie, Fluttershy’s cheeked reddened noticeably as I placed my hand on my forehead.

“Please don’t remind her…” I pleaded.

Victoria gave a sly grin and placed a hand on her hip.

"Oh do tell,” she nearly purred. “I never did get a proper explanation from him about that,” she said, jabbing an accusatory finger at the man on my right.

Moey shifted his feet uncomfortably for a moment, but quickly recovered and turned to face me. A grin appeared on his face as well.

“Oh yes, my friend,” he began. “Please indulge us with very thorough visualizations of all that took place on that occasion. You will perhaps begin with physical descriptions, yes? Remember – be detailed.”

Fluttershy peeked her head out from behind Pinkie Pie. “Um, a-actually it was on more than one occasion.” At the sight of all heads turning to face her, she squeaked and hid behind Pinkie once more.

Victoria crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. “Just couldn’t be satisfied with one look, hm? Had to go back for more?”

I frowned slightly and gestured at Pinkie. “This one wouldn’t stay in her clothes! It’s not my fault.”

“Because they feel funny!” Pinkie protested. “They itch in all the worst places, and…”

Victoria giggled and walked over to give me a quick hug and a peck on my cheek. “It’s so easy to get you worked up,” she said. “It’s fine. At least now I know what you were trying to do.” She turned around and walked back towards the bedroom before turning back to me once more. “But even still… no peeking!”

..o0o..

I never could understand why it takes women so long to get dressed. There was a time not too long ago that I would have been a lot more patient with Pinkie and Fluttershy, but they were now both fully proficient with the use of their human arms, legs, fingers, and so on. Victoria had been human all her life, so she had no excuse. All the same, it only took about an hour for the three girls to exit the bedroom.

Pinkie was the first to emerge. She was wearing some kind of ‘sexy clown’ outfit that Victoria had picked out for her, with a short pink skirt, low-cut top and lots of sparkles. Her face had been painted white with various colourful highlights, including a bit of red on her nose. I noticed that her cutie mark had been painted onto one of her cheeks, and she held a single red balloon.

Fluttershy came next. Her outfit was very simple, but effective. She was wearing a black top with black short shorts – an outfit I’d never have thought I’d see her in, with a pair of wolf ears atop her head and a fuzzy tail hanging from behind her shorts. I guess she was supposed to be some kind of werewolf, but I felt maybe the outfit was more likely the result of my wife just having a little bit of fun. Victoria had been putting Fluttershy into awkward situations ever since she learned that the former pegasus was shy in an effort to get her to loosen up – but some things never change.

Victoria emerged last in a long black dress that clung to her fairly tightly, with her hair coloured black and clipped straight back. I wasn’t quite sure what she was supposed to be until she smiled and revealed pointed teeth. Of course. She wasn’t one to resist dressing as a vampire.

Moey’s reaction was as expected.

“My dearest friend, Dougie,” he said, turning to me with a glint in his eyes. “I could get used to this despicable, ritualistic celebration of evil you Christian-types perform each year if it means getting to see such… wonders.” He grabbed my collar playfully. “Convert me, you heathen! Convert me now!”

“Easy, Moey,” I said, brushing his hands away. “If Angel were here, you’d be gripping your shins in pain by now.”

Moey made a face and crossed his arms. “Oh yes, now where is it that the little monster has run off to? Surely it might be to the middle of a busy highway, yes?” He winced in pain as Victoria walked over and flicked him in the ear.

“The ‘little monster’ is buying our snacks, so if you plan on eating I suggest you treat him nicely,” she scolded. It was all in good fun though, as we knew by now that deep down, Moey actually liked Angel despite him not being a beautiful young lady.

The smiles and laughter were a welcome departure from the hardships that all of us had had to endure just a few months previous. Despite my promise to do everything I could to return the Equestrians to their rightful home, I had failed to get them to the dimensional tear, or portal if you prefer, in time before it had collapsed in on itself.

F.A. had even warned us that sending a true human through the tear could cause it to act unexpectedly – from healing itself to tearing an even larger rift in the fabric of reality. Perhaps it had been Discord’s plan all along. Why else would he have sent Gerald, or DragonLS, through it and into Equestria before hopping through it himself? Discord had escaped and there was nothing anyone, not even F.A., could do about it now.

But it was no use dwelling on the past. Everyone involved in the incident had made a pact to do whatever they could to help the Equestrians adjust to their new permanent home. Unfortunately, there were still plenty of problems to resolve with trying to do just that, so not everyone would be joining our little celebration. Even so, a few familiar faces began to show up as the table was set with food and decorations were hung throughout the apartment.

“Sup, Fluffy,” Garrett said as I answered the first knock at the door. He kicked off his filthy, smelly boots and handed them to me with a smug grin, then shouldered past me to go greet the others. He hadn’t bothered to dress up.

Still an asshole, I thought, slowly shaking my head. Ours was a rocky relationship at best. At least he had done a decent job of taking care of the young lady who stepped inside afterwards.

“Hey there, partner!” Applejack smiled and gave me a quick hug. I wasn’t expecting her to be dressed up either, but there she was, dressed up like a nurse of all things. It had to have been Garrett’s idea. She quickly ran off to hug Pinkie and Fluttershy whilst being ogled by Moey, who himself was wearing a doctor’s outfit.

“Hey, where’s Punkass at?” Garrett yelled as he started rummaging through all the food on the table, getting his dirty hands all over it. “Not that I really give two shits about him, but he’s bringing Rainbow Dash, right?”

“Try looking in the mirror,” I responded, earning a glare from Victoria. I ignored her and said, “No swearing in here, either. You know the rules.”

Garrett slowly sauntered over and looked me up and down. “Pffft,” he sputtered, then turned around and laughed as he walked over to the chaise and sat down, putting his feet up on my coffee table.

“Rainbow’s not comin’,” Applejack revealed as she took a seat next to Garrett. “Cody told us on that there Skype thingamajig that they couldn’t make it. Weren’t you payin’ any attention?”

“Nope!” Garrett replied. He took his feet off the table and leaned forward. “Well shit, what are we still doin’ here for?” He made to stand up, but Applejack pulled him back down.

“Now you just sit on down here and behave yourself,” she reprimanded. “I ain’t seen these here folks in weeks and I reckon that under your little macho act, you miss em’ just as much as I do.”

Victoria walked over and took the last seat on the chaise, placing a hand on Applejack’s shoulder. “If Cody and Rainbow aren’t showing up, then that’s those two plus Matt, Michelle, Twilight, the princesses, and John and the Crusaders who won’t be able to join us.”

“The terrorist is still on the run, eh?” Garrett said. “Don’t surprise me.”

“Oh come on now, Matt ain’t no darn terrorist,” Applejack retorted. “It’s all just a big misunderstandin’ is all.” She gave Garrett a little punch in the shoulder that looked like it hurt a bit more than it should have. “Besides, Cody also told us that Will’s takin’ Rarity over to John’s to see her sister. You really don’t pay attention, do ya?” She sighed. “I wish I could see Apple Bloom, but I reckon that’s just the way things are right now.”

“We’ll get to see them all again, so don’t you worry yourself one little bit!” Pinkie exclaimed from her spot at the table. “I’m sure Twilight or one of the princesses will be more than happy to teleport you, even if they did say that they have to be waaaaay careful not to use magic in front of other humans…”

I strode to the center of the room and raised my hands for quiet.

“Alright, let’s not get too caught up in all of that just now,” I said. I was pleased to see everyone paying attention, even Garrett and Moey. “Tonight should be for celebrating with those of us who can be here,” I picked up a drink from the table and raised it, “and remembering those who can’t be with us right now.”

“Here’s to John,” Victoria began, joining in. “And to Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo…”

“Apple Bloom!” Applejack chipped in.

“To sweet, beautiful Rarity,” Moey said. After getting elbowed in the side by Victoria, he meekly added, “And William.”

“To Cody, Rainbow Dash, Matt, Michelle, and umm…” Pinkie added, trying to remember everyone. “Twilight, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna…”

“To Gerald,” I said, bringing a sudden hush to the room as the others recalled that we would not be meeting the young man who had used the handle DragonLS ever again. I’m not sure how long the silence lingered on, but eventually it was broken by Fluttershy.

“To Ashton,” she mumbled quietly. Everyone turned to face her, some with looks of shock on their faces, but she did not back down. “And to Southern Cross.”

“F.A.” Angel added, raising a cup of juice.

Although it was clear that there were some very mixed emotions about adding the last three names to the list, everyone quietly lifted their glasses regardless.

Once everyone had taken a sip, I set my drink down and clapped my hands together.

“Alright then,” I said. “Shall we get this party under way?”

At that moment, a brilliant flash of light followed by a soft popping noise announced the arrival of a young woman with long, shimmering blue hair down her back in the middle of the room. She wore a long purplish-black dress that glittered like the night sky. She raised her hands in the air excitedly.

“Huzzah!” Princess Luna, now fully grown from the reversal of Discord’s filly spell, exclaimed. “Have We arrived in time to partake in the festivities? For surely there can not be a celebration of the night without the Princess of the Night!” She blinked and lowered her hands as she took in the looks of shock around the room.

I had fallen to the floor, landing hard on my rear and spilling my drink. Applejack was sitting back, wide-eyed, and gripping Garrett’s arm tightly. Fluttershy had squeaked and taken refuge under the table with Angel. Moey had ‘heroically’ grabbed hold of Pinkie and Victoria to ‘protect’ them, Victoria knocking his hand away and poking him hard in the ribs. Pinkie was giggling hysterically with multiple drinks having been spilled on her dress.

Luna lowered her head. “We… er, I have overdone it again, have I not?”

A moment later, we were all laughing.