• Published 12th Apr 2015
  • 7,522 Views, 357 Comments

A New Beginning - Falinov



In the distant future an 0-2 Marine is sealed away attempting to survive the fallout of a M.A.D strike between two super powers to find a world unlike his own.

  • ...
44
 357
 7,522

Chapter 8 Starting Over

Chapter 8: Starting over

After a night like that I tend not to sleep, so it didn’t surprise me when I looked at my watch to find it’s nearly five in the morning at least hoping it is still correct that is. All night long I was occupied reading the information on the remaining humans that survived in this book, to be honest when it was written the information is really inaccurate. Not a surprise to me since most humans were preoccupied trying to survive than write things out. However, one thing that really does strike me as odd is that most humans that survived, the very few who did survive reported the casualties spread across several locations around the globe including a few areas that weren't in the blast. More specifically, they were caught in the nuclear ash; that combined with that many nuclear blasts most likely created a blizzard and enough radiation to kill any life form or any sentient being at bay or millions of years… Yet here's a world of magical beings living, breathing, and eating.

History aside, the sun is rising over the horizon, I get out of the bed, leaving the book to the side, I open the curtains, allowing rays of early morning sunlight to arch all around the room. Massive glares peaking at the top of distant mountains. I place my hand over my eyes, shielding myself from the bright rays of sunlight. The Night princesses unexpected visit last night; odd in its entirety, did benefit me and has given me a bit of renewed courage to at least go back to Ponyville confidently... hopefully. Though the memory of the dream is vividly playing over in my head, I can’t tell if it actually happened or if it was my twisted mind just making things up.

That is IF the dream was in fact something that did happen and that was her, I cannot help but wonder why she seems to be watching me closer than Celestia. Hell, even more than Twilight and that is saying something. Despite all the questions and concerns that keep turning in my head, I turn around and stretch out my back with a satisfying crack. Picking up my loose garments off the edge of the bed, I take them and enter the bathroom.

Tossing my shirt onto the nearby towel rack, I put my pants on. Shortly after I stumble over to the faucet turning it on allowing the water to turn to freezing once satisfied with the coldness of the water I splash it on my face immediately clearing the sleepless expression currently plastered across my face. Reaching over I grab a hand- hoof towel I pat my face dry of water, making sure to clear my eyes. Walking over to the full sized mirror to my right, I examine my body for any physical signs of radiation burns after looking over the entirety of my body all I could find was the traces of a large scar from a 5.56 bullet; all that remained after it grazed me. The memory of the burning sensation of the bullet ripping through flesh sends chills down my spine. Grabbing my shirt I put it back on, while in the process of making sure all the buttons are in the correct holes someone knocks on the door followed by a rather gruff voice.

“Sir, are you in there?” I continue checking my clothing and head into the main room part of the bedroom.

"Just a minute." I twist the knob and pull the door open to reveal a guard clad in golden armor top to bottom, very different from the ones I saw at the gate last night. Respectfully he salutes and looks at me sternly.

"Princess Celestia has requested you to join her and company for breakfast."

"She did, did she? How in the world did she know I was awake..." I think aloud, only to be interrupted by the guard clearing his throat.

"Right, sorry. Give me a moment would you?" He nods and stands next to the door. Closing the door with a slight clicking noise I head back to the bathroom to move my hair from my face and make the bed before returning to the guard who is still standing idly by.

"After you." Immediately he rotates on his hooves with accuracy that rivals the decorated marines. Quietly he marches down the halls; looking around at the now sun lit halls I can see hundreds of paintings and stained glass. It didn't take long before another set of guards marched by, both staring at me. I look at the guard escorting me and back to the others that just passed. They looked exactly same... the more guards we pass the more I notice they are all the same fur and all they all match exactly the same.

"How is it that every guard in this castle matches each other so well? What did Celestia pick all you guys with white fur and now there's not a single white pony in the world that isn't serving here?" We through an open archway with two more guards who are exactly the same color, validating my point further.

"It's our armor sir, Its enchanted to make us look more uniform while serving the princesses." he has no emotion in his response. He instead taps my shoulder I look at him, he takes his helmet off and his fur turns to a dark brown color.

"The name's Walz; Journey Walz." His green eyes standing out from his brown coat, he puts his helmet back on returning him to his former white fur and blue eyes. He gestures to the doors the two other guards are standing at attention.

"Interesting, pleasure to meet you."

"You as well, take care now." he walks off, leaving me with the two others who are now staring at me almost perplexed, I look down the hall to see him put his helmet back on as his fur turns to it's solid white color.

'So much for individuality...'

"Sir." They both stand solid at the entrance with a salute.

"At ease?" I give a weak salute, they nod and open the doors.

"They await your presence." I walk past them into a now well lit cafeteria with a thud they close the doors behind me. Looking to my far right, I spot Princess Celestia however next to her is another slender pony sitting beside her. She is entirely pink with an almost cotton candy- or perhaps Schubert ice cream mane style. I slowly walk over to them both and gently bow to them and take a seat two chairs from them.

"Ah, Austin, so good you could join us I take it you slept well?" Celestia looks at me with a rather warm smile.

"Er...Uh.,” I stumble to think of something to say that remotely resembles what i’m thinking.

‘THINK YOU MORON!’

“I slept decently, thanks for asking." I return the pleasant smile.

‘NAILED IT!’

"And how about you?" I place my arms and cross them looking to my right making eye contact with Celestia.

"I slept soundly! Thank you for asking!" She retorts, she seems extremely excited for something. I nod in return and look down the table to find some buttered toast neatly stacked on a plate.

‘Sold to highest bidder...’

"May I?"

"But of course! Help yourself." I grab a few slices and eat them slowly to make sure I don't make a fool myself. Yet, as I eat it, I can't help but feel they are watching my every move, swallowing the delicious toast I notice Luna isn't present.

"Where's Princess Luna?"

"She should be along shortly." Celestia is now levitating a teacup to her muzzle, just at that moment a loud thudding noise echoes throughout the spacious room, standing in the center of the door is Luna, albeit a very tired and annoyed one at that.

"Ah, Good morning Lulu." She simply slinks into the seat next to me her mane a disheveled mess.

'And I thought I looked horrible.'

'Silence thy gob!' Her voice echoes through my head, causing my eyes to widen slightly as I shake my head. A minute passes, leaving the room in an awkward. Silence, however some greater power must've taken note; a chef comes running out of the nearby kitchen, levitating four large plates of eggs and other various goodies. He sets a plate down in front of me with some fine silverware.

"Thank you, Suaval" He bows excessively low and quickly returns to the kitchen.

Not hesitating for a moment I take a fork and begin to cut my eggs and eat as I do the pink pony finally speaks up, as if she spent this entire time trying to figure out what to say.

"So... This is the human you've been telling me about?" I immediately stop eating and swallow.

"Indeed, this is Austin, Austin, this is Cadence." I set my fork down quietly and look at her.

"It is a pleasure to meet you!" She seems like a very kind pony, her soothing smile making her that much cuter.

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well Cadence." I continue to eat my breakfast. As I finish my breakfast, I neatly stack my few dishes and silverware.

"Where do I take these?," Instead of an answer they look at me like I am crazy. "What?"

"Well; I suppose you can take them into the kitchen?" I nod and I take them to the kitchen and open the door and place my dishes at the sink and begin to listen to their conversation a nearby chef looking at me curiously. He levitates a pot near and joins in listening to the princesses conversation with no objections he looks back at me and his ear pointed at the nearby door.

"He indeed has a lot to adapt to." I hear Cadence trying to be quiet followed by Celestia.

"Indeed, but we mustn't pressure him, he has suffered enough. He intends on returning to Ponyville; he wishes to rectify the wrong he has done so far and try to fit in. Though I think he would be in better hooves here.”

“Twilight turned out fine and she still lives in Ponyville?” Cadence chimes in happily.

“Indeed, I have already written a letter to expect him later today; however, that is if he wishes to stay a bit longer.”

"We agree." I hear Luna finally say something about the overall situation.

“You and him seem to get along quite swimmingly.” Celestia seems to literally imply this upon Luna.

“Yeah! You two are even using your dream walking spells to silently communicate, don't think I didn't notice.” Cadence adds with the almost certain intent of making fun of Luna.

“Nay, we hast been keeping a careful watch over him, he lied to thou this morning. He did not sleep well by any standard. Never hast we witnessed such a horrible dream in a millennia.”

“How so?” A silence takes hold and the chef looks at me with interested eyes still stirring what appears to be lunch.

“We spent this entire week trying to access his dreams. To no avail; every time we got close- he woke up, last evening we were able to finally help him, but he woke up moments later after confronting us.”

“What happened in his dream sister?”

“We would rather not for the sake of his privacy.” Luna’s voice now changing to one more forceful. Deciding I have heard enough, I look at the chef and back at the door.

“Is there a way to get out of here quietly?” I whisper to him, he glances over his shoulder and walks over to another mare he levitates the pot away to her, she gives him an angered expression.

“Yes, there are a few ways that lead to different corridors of the castle.”

“Considering you are a chef of the castle you know where my quarters are? I need to get a couple things from my room I didn't take with me.” He nods and gestures for me to follow he walks over to a blank wall and pushes against it, causing it to rotate to a dark passage, promptly torches ignite down the whole way.

“Follow this passage; when you exit, take a left, straight, then a right and two rooms down you will find your room. To exit, go back down the way you came and take a left coming from, straight, and then take a right into the gardens; there’s a small path that leads out to a private exit the princesses had put in to escape the press if needed.” Nodding I offer my hand to his hoof which he shakes it and wishes me luck.

I won't lie the passage is as tight as a cliché one from a movie scene. Only difference is I try to avoid the princesses...Way too much royalty for my taste...for the rest of my life. I appreciate Luna not telling them what transpired, but it confirmed what I was fearing the whole night. It was indeed real, doing this meant I didn't have to talk to them awkwardly or them attempting to pry the information from me. Kudos to the chef, though he must’ve known how I was feeling. It wasn't long before the passage came to a flat end next to the wall is a button, I press it the wall rotates on its axis allowing me to leave into the hallway. Thankfully, no one was here at this moment.

‘Home fr--’

“Going somewhere?” A soft, almost motherly voice asks from behind me. In fear my back stiffens as I turn around to see Celestia sitting on her haunches.

“Er-No,”

‘Good luck getting out of this one, see ya next week pal’.’

“Uh- fuck never mind, Yes… You caught me red handed. Was trying to leave quietly before you noticed...” I look at her guiltily, she stands up to full height and approaches me and says something I didn't expect from her.

“I understand completely; I take it you overheard us?” I nod, not daring to look her in the eyes.

“It was strange for her to enter my dream, and her admitting she was trying to help me and finally succeeding to do so bugs me. That and she can listen in on my thought- wait you can't do that too can you…?”

“Luna taught me how to, but I found it to be only useful around nobles and their true intentions.”

“That really bugs me…” I state flatly finally getting some courage- Nope never mind, I look into her magenta eyes for not even a second before flat lining to the floor again.

"I take it you overheard what I said about the arrangements for you to study with my star pupil; Twilight Sparkle, she has gladly accepted to house you there for a day and teach you the new ways of life."

“No, I attempted to leave as soon as possible. Trying to figure this out myself.” Celestia nods and stands up and walks past me, gesturing for me to follow, I do so as she leads me down a series of corridors in the exact opposite of my room where I need to go.

“Please follow me.” She stops and turns around to face me with pleading eyes. Those eyes...Look away...errr….goooddd damn it. RESIST DAMN IT.

Alright, alright! Fine...” I look behind me and return my gaze to the floor.

“Wonderful!” She prances slightly in excitement as she begins leading me down the long corridor.

“How did you find me?” I walk beside her, her mane moving in the drafty hallway causes it to whack me in the face a few times, humoring the princess.

“When we had those escape tunnels built they were linked to myself and Luna to help us find each other if we got lost or took a wrong turn.

‘Noted.’

‘Indeed’ Celestia’s voice echoes through my head.

‘STOP THAT!’ I look at Celestia who is now on the verge of breaking down in laughter.

“Even we need to have a laugh every now again.” I roll my eyes, she places her hoof over her mouth and giggles and continues on our stroll to god knows where.

"So where are you taking me Celestia?"

"Well, if you are to fit into this new society you must adapt, learn our history, our cultures, and so on. Much like my dear sister had to after she was reformed." She stops briefly and gazes out of a corridor window to see a small sliver of the moon setting over the horizon.

“What a view.” I comment as the mixture of blue and reds make a light purple as several rays of sunlight begin to become more vibrant.

“That was always Luna’s specialty, she prides herself in making even the simplest of things beautiful.” Celestia has a genuine smile across her muzzle.

"I read some or Twilight's history books and saw she was banished. It must've been a hard decision to make. I don't think she blames you for that. Andddddddd hopefully I read that information correctly as well...

"After she was banished I had to take over her duties of raising and lower the moon and sun. A constant reminder of what happened the sky never truly looked anything like her’s, this aside; I believe this is how Luna and you get along so well, she will deny it left and right, but she has been keeping a very close watch over you bordering on stalking almost.,” Celestia chuckles before continuing “Perhaps she finds peace of mind around you, maybe she finds sympathy and something she can relate to, after all you both endured the most unimaginable of things."

“Being frozen after a planet being destroyed, and watching a whole species die and being banished to the moon out of anger and jealousy are two totttttalllyyy different things.”

“Agreed, but she was upset long before she was banished.”

"So what is it I'm supposed to do." I look into her magenta eyes.

"I want you to study with Twilight, and report to Luna, much like Twilight does with me. You will tell her what you've learned." she gives a smile and continues to walk down the corridor.

“Alright?” I make sure there isn't anything else, Celestia, taking note of this takes a seat near me.

“I’m doing this because I think it would be a benefit to you, as well as her I believe her mood will improve and she can have some company.”

“Woa, woa, woa, wait a second there...You implying she doesn't have friends?” I raise an eyebrow.

“Luna, since she was banished and returned hasn't had a lot of luck with talking to a select few.”

“Those being?” I ask with genuine intrigue.

“Myself, Twilight, and her friends.” Celestia’s smile fails as it turns to a blank stare.

“Well, I may not know her that well, but consider me her new friend.” Celestia looks at me with a smile and continues towards our destination.

“I just hope it will brighten her mood.”

"I'm sure it will!" She stops outside a gray door with a really complicated looking lock on it. Tapping it with her horn the lock clicks back and forth, up and down, and many other ways before turning into a square, with a click, the door swings open, allowing access into what appears to be a stock house as shelves seem to line the walls. Slightly ducking down Celestia enters gesturing me to follow her, I follow after her to be greeted by many odd and rather...repulsive smells Celestia uses her horn scans the long line of shelves when she looks up and finds what she’s looking for. Levitating a rather old looking box she blows the dust off of it before levitating it before me; I take it in my arms as she levitates a small stack of papers.

“Question...What are these?” I look at the worn out box.

"These are magic seals and an imprint stamp that bears my sisters mark. When the seal is melted and you stamp it, the seal is imprinted with Luna’s mark and her magical signature. Meaning the message will send to her when you attach one to a scroll or anything else you may want to send that is feasible." she explains rather proudly.

"That's pretty ingenious, and you just want me to send her an update letter using them?" I reposition the old box under my arm making absolutely sure it won't fall.

“Once a week if you can, that should be about all you need, Twilight can provide you with quills when you arrive.” Nodding in understanding Celestia taps the lock of the door once more causing it to make several clicking noises as it locks once more.

"I take it the Chef told you how to get back to your room?" Celestia looks at me.

“He did, I think I can retrace my steps there. Thanks again Celestia, you, Luna, and Twilight have been extremely great hosts; Thank you.”

“It wasn’t a problem at all, I hope we can meet again some time again, If you will excuse me, I must prepare for day court. I wish you safe travels Austin!” I nod as Celestia turns down another corridor, I go the opposite direction, as I walk down the hall I notice the number of staff walking down the halls has increased, that also meant more attention to myself as many of the guards, maids, and the other various staff give me odd glances and stares as I pass by.

<><><><><>30 Minutes Later...<><><><><>

Ok, so maayyybeee I don't know my way back as well as I initially thought I did… So far within a span of 20 to 30 minutes I took at least three wrong turns, overlapped my travels at least four times more and nearly knocked a maid over, which oddly enough was kind enough to provide me with directions to the dining hall, which would allow me to find my way back to my room. Granted the conversation with the pony was somewhat awkward, she seemed quite calm to talk to me.

After that little escapade I managed to make my way back to my room, I throw the door open and set the old box on the nearby nightstand next to Diary case Celestia had also given me earlier. Quickly I gather the few things I had brought with me, I stuff the Mythology book into my pocket making sure not to ruin the pages. I stack the two wooden cases up and using a bit of sewing thread I found in the closet I tie those together. Now that all that was done, I exit into the hallway, using the directions from the chef pony from earlier.

‘To exit, go back down the way you came and take a left coming from, straight, and then take a right into the gardens’

“Okay….so straight down…”

“Leaving so soon?” I stop dead in my tracks as yet another familiar voice speaks up behind me turning around I see Cadence walking up to me casually.

“Yea? I’m returning to Ponyville to begin life anew.”

“Auntie Tia wanted you to have this before you go, as a farewell gift.” Tia…? Now noticing she has a sort of backpack on she opens it with her magic and levitates a red velvet pouch over to me and drops it in my hand. Curiosity getting the better of me, I open the bag to find it full of golden coins. Reaching in I pull one out and look at it closely my jaw promptly dropping. Emblazoned on the ‘head’ side is Celestia’s sun mark with a bird flying in the center with the words carved around it in equestrian characters.

‘Prosperity In Harmony.’ I trace my finger over the engraving in awe I flip it over to see it engraved with a large number 20 followed by bits in equestrian Characters.

“She...S-she just gave me these- I-I can't accept this...” I hand the bag back over to Cadence who pushes it back, a gleeful smile on her muzzle.

"No, please consider it your welcome home present, we all have faith you can start over!”

"T-thanks, please tell her I said thank you,” I take the sack and attach it to my side. “Also...I’m sorry I was really quiet around you this morning, It was a long night…”

“I understand completely, Luna told us after you left.” she waves a hoof nonchalantly like it’s nothing.

“So I hear; anyways, maybe if I visit the castle again, I’ll make it my goal to talk to you again.” I look at my watch.

“Alright, well again thank you for this I must go if I’m going to make it to Ponyville before the afternoon sun tans me.” I wave goodbye she returns the gesture and returns to the castle. Walking over to where I entered last night, the guards at the gate once again pull it open; I nod to each of them walk down the cobblestone type path the gate closing with a resounding clunk as it seals shut. Looking over my shoulder as I get further away, I look to the top of the tallest spire on the castle to see a dark blue pony standing on the top, I wave to it and continue on my way down the hillside from the castle into the bustling city below.

'Now where is that train station...'

<><><><><>City Life Sucks...<><><><><>

'Ah, claustrophobia… welcome back, I missed you…No, not really.'

I look around the crowded streets of Canterlot- Er, I should I say the deserted streets of Canterlot and the crowded sidewalks of Canterlot? Seriously, as I walk down the street, no matter how well I try to show how friendly I am. I come within 50ft of a crowd they disperse and run, If they don't do that, they get as far to the side as they can and cower in fear.

‘Way to make me feel good about myself...Then again, what would I expect from upper class ******’s’ my head bleeping that part out causing me to smile maliciously, this only serving to make the crowd fear me more.

Definitely something different than what I'm used to, either way I managed to ask one pony the quickest way to get to the train station, for me it was like trying to pry the answer out of a toddler; for him I imagine he was so scared he either pissed himself or was on the verge of passing out. With new directions I head through the City parting the crowds of ponies like the red sea. It wasn't long before i located the station I approached the pony at the ticket window calmly with the most polite face I could muster. Funny thing is he thought It was some sort of prank- that is till he realized just how real I was when I slammed the counter with my fist you could say that he was in a much more cooperative mood with me after that. He was so polite that he gave me a free ticket and call me a freak- no, excuse me, a “monster”. (And by Free I mean being pelted with tickets in fear… Nice guy right?)

It took nearly half an hour of waiting before I hear the sound of a train. When the thing pulled into the station, it wasn't what I was expecting a train to look like, but what ever its a world full of Technicolor ponies… The hell was I supposed to expect at this rate who gives a damn anymore. Without a second thought, I board the train and take a seat in the middle of the car nearest to the window. As I sit down the train begins to lurch forward, pulling out of the station down a hill into a valley, strangely enough this railroad has quite a sell factor on scenery. The sun rising to full peak over the trees below to make the most beautiful scene I have seen a very long time. The view being abruptly interrupted as we enter a tunnel, seeing nothing better to do I look up to find some pillows, I pull one out and put it in the corner of the window and the seat and take a nap (hopefully long enough to endure the rest of the ride.). However, before I can even close my eyes, something taps me on the shoulder, cracking one eye I see an older pony finely dressed in a blue suit with a fancy timepiece chain hanging from his pocket.

"T-ticket, please." he stutters slightly says, holding his hoof out shakily with a hole punch. I hand him my ticket and moves to the pony in the back who is staring at me quietly. He reads over the ticket, verifying its authenticity and promptly punches two holes out of the date and returns it to me.

"Thank you." I give a smile as I push the ticket into my pocket and use my arm to block all light from entering my eyes as I attempt to drift asleep.

<><><><><>An Hour later<><><><><>

‘Nya...’ Groggily, I feel something push against me, choosing to ignore it I hear someone speak to me though what he was saying exactly is being muffled.

"Hey...Hey buddy...wake up…,” I open my eyes to see the conductor standing next to the seat I was currently sleeping in. “C'mon pal, you're gonna miss your stop" the conductor shakes my shoulder as I open my eyes slowly and yawn causing him to back off a bit in fear.

"Wha..now?" Regaining his composure, he clears his throat.

"W-we're in Ponyville; according to your ticket this is your stop." he levitates my boxes for me as I get up and stretch.

"Thank you." I take my belongings out of his magical grip as I walk down the center aisle, making extra sure I don't fall, I step off the train onto the platform, almost immediately everypony within a hundred foot radius starts staring at me. However, unlike the ponies in the city they didn't seem too worried, nor concerned about my presence. Some even came up to me and shook my hand like a long lost friend. As I rounded a corner, I could see exactly why they weren't afraid.

"Welcome to Ponyville Austin!" A large banner read out in possibly the largest font I've ever seen.

Inhaling slowly with the boxes in hand, I begin walking down the slope past a large group of ponies who wave to me, However, unexpectedly in a flash of orange and purple something whooshes by me leaving a cloud of dust I wave my hand in front of me clearing the debris to see...absolutely nothing. Putting aside a question for later I continue on my way to Twilight's library; It didn't take long to spot her place, and with great luck no one was swarming me uncomfortably. With that I sigh a breath of relief and knock on the door a short minute later the purple pony opens the door.

"Ah! Austin good to see you made it safely!"

"Yea,” I point a finger at Twilight who looks at me with a look of confusion. “Never...and I mean NEVER; teleport me again.” She gives a giggle and steps aside for me to enter.

“Oh, alright deal…” she mockingly grins and moves aside, allowing me to enter I see Spike on the couch passed out.

"So I take it I'm living here?" I set my boxes down.

"For the time being yes, unfortunately I only have one bedroom."

"I CALL THE FLOOR!" I give an obnoxious smile my volume causes spike to stir slightly, but he stays asleep.

"Oh ha-ha; no you will be sleeping on the couch."

"Ever heard of sarcasm? It’s a wonderful thing you know." I pull the mythology book out of my pocket.

"You sound like discord." she turns her tail to me and heads upstairs.

"Discord?" I ask curiously.

"Discord is the god of chaos and disharmony."

"Sounds like I'd get along with him just fine."

"I Somehow doubt it... Anyways, my friends will be coming over to decide who will be able to provide you much more reasonable residence."

"How long until they arrive?"

"Not for awhile, but I figured with the time we have now, perhaps we can begin studying those letters I gav-"

"Already-,” I pause to let Twilight know what I'm trying to say. “I already finished studying those “Basic” characters, I’m pretty much set and ready for the next set, hell give em' all to me."

"Really?" she gives me an astonished look as I hand her a rather crumpled up piece of paper with half a page of simple sentences.

"Wow! You learned that quickly; your handwriting is slightly messy, but that is expected; So far I’m impressed!" she gives me a smile.

"Thanks! I also learned some other letters as well and began reading some of that history book."

"Ohhh, which part did you get to?" Twilight happily hops on the couch beside me an excited and very happy look plastered on her muzzle.

"I think I was in chapter 19 going on 20; The Solar Sun Celebration."

"Well... That dashes my plans, seems you're more advanced than I thought initially." she puts her hoof to her chin.

"Perhaps you can write me a review of a specific part you enjoyed in that history book?" She looks at me as I set my chin on my arm.

"Meh… Oh, and before I forget; while I was there Celestia gave me these." I pull the bow of the knot I tied earlier to keep them together and pull out the magical wax Celestia had given me and the wax stamp with Luna’s mark on the bottom.

"Perhaps you can explain to me what the coins are; Are they real gold? Also, do I efficiently use the wax seal things."

"Hehe, silly the coins are just the currency and yes, they are made of somewhere from 14 to 24 Karat Gold, considering these are 20 bits each I’m going to say 24."

"You're kidding me, right? Gold coins as the primary currency,” I exhale for a moment to think about what she just said. “Back then this would have made me a millionaire!" her smile suddenly drops into a look of astonishment.

"Then what was your currency?"

"Paper bills, they sucked though... not as much value for a normal Joe like me"

"Believe me, you're nothing close to average."

"Well; ... No not to you at least." I put the golden coin back in the velvet sack Cadence had given me earlier.

"Now how do these work?" I take one of the blank pre-seals out and look at it, surprisingly it doesn't melt in my hand.

"This is the old way of sending letters to the princesses, now if you want to send a letter the seals already have the imprint and seal on contact. These are older, where you have to heat the stamp and press it." she takes the red seal out of my hand and grabs a piece of paper rolling it into a small scroll. Gently she places the seal to the paper’s edge and suddenly, her horn lights up melting the seal instantly to the paper.

"May I see the wax stamp?" she looks at me still holding the hot sealed scroll.

"One Sec." I quickly search the box for a wax stamp, in the corner of the box is a small square box wrapped in a tiny piece of fabric with lace around it. Gently I pull it out and unwrap the twine to reveal a beautifully crafted midnight blue box. Opening the box I find a marking covered Wax stamp, with care that rivals a bomb squad I lift it out and hold it in my hand, at the bottom is a silver moon with several indents.

"This?" I hold out for Twilight instead she shakes her head.

"Yes, that's the one all you need to do is gently press it into the seal now." Twilight levitates the letter in front of me so my arm has clear access to it, I press the wax stamp to the still slightly warm seal leaving an exact imprint of Luna’s mark on the red seal. I reach for the scroll, but Twilight swats my hand away.

“Ow. What was that fo-” she stops me and points at the seal, which is changing color from red to blue.

"All done, now you have a completed letter for Princess Luna" I hear a slight giggle from Twilight.

"What's so funny?" I look at her curiously.

"Nothing, just you and Luna seem to get along really well is all.”

"Yea, believe me her sister told me how Luna seems to take a particular liking to me. Believe me, I find it strange."

“I don’t.” Twilight states flatly as she hands the scroll to me.

"Either way, I appreciate the help you've provided me with Twilight I am in your debt." she simply returns it with a smile.

"It is my pleasure." she suddenly leans over and wraps her hooves around my waist in a soft hug.

"Wha-What are you doing?" I look at the purple unicorn wrapped around my waist.

"Just something to return the generosity you showed me when you allowed me to look In your home."

"U-uh...That was nothing at all Twilight, the past is in the past, I have nothing to hide, u-uhhh, in fact feel free to visit as much as you wish; just please be careful." I keep my hands from touching her she releases her grip around me.

“I'll keep that in mind.” she gives me a smile and lets go of me and looks at the nearby clock.

"You have a couple hours before my friends can arrive, are you hungry or would you like, maybe you should rest a bit before they arrive."

"Hmmm, truth be told sleeping sounds more appealing to me, I am rather exhausted." Suddenly she gets up and hops off the couch and gallops up the stairs past a closed door and disappears. I look down at the now blue seal still in my hand.

‘Starting over is going to be fun.’

“HEADS UP!” I hear Twilight yell from the top of the stairs. Instantly a pillow smacks me in the chest, knocking the wind out of me.

“OWF, the hell are these things made of?”

“They are magically enchanted to be exceptionally firm.”

“Oh…Eh- Thanks!" she nods with a warm smile, her horn, lights up and close the windows around me dimming the whole room.

“Lay down and get some sleep, I’ll wake you up when it’s time.” Twilight goes into the kitchen and gets something to drink.

‘Don’t have to tell me twice...’

"See ya’ in a bit." I say as lay on the couch and almost immediately I pass out from exhaustion.

Author's Note:

"Every day is a new beginning; Stay away from what might have been and, look at what can be."

Hope you guys enjoy, if you see any errors in grammar or spelling or overall story problems. Please let me know.

Have a good one!

Fusion Out. :ajsmug: