• Published 12th Apr 2015
  • 7,527 Views, 357 Comments

A New Beginning - Falinov



In the distant future an 0-2 Marine is sealed away attempting to survive the fallout of a M.A.D strike between two super powers to find a world unlike his own.

  • ...
44
 357
 7,527

Chapter 11: Introverted as ever

Chapter 11: Introverted as ever

<><><><><><><><><><>

"Telling an introvert to go to a party, is like telling a saint to go to Hell." -Criss Jami

<><><><><><><><><><>

“What the fuck did I just agree to…” I tap my head against the back of the bed.

I put my hands to my face, slowly pulling them down, dragging my eyelids with them, I can hear Pinkie hopping down the stairs. Followed by another set of hooves coming up; not wanting to get up I look at the ceiling in dismay.

“Knock knock” I hear Rarities voice from the open doorway.

“Yeah?” I lean over slightly and look at her. “What can I do ya’ for?”

“Nothing.” She walks in and looks at me.

“Pinkie just invited you to one of her parties... Didn’t she?”

“What gave it away? Me being on the floor? Or her walking out of my room…?” I pause and get on my feet again and sit on the bed. “Or the fact I don’t get how that pony can break physics.” Rarity gives me a sympathetic smile before sitting in front of me.

“Nopony has figured her out... Not one.”

“Yea, so I heard… and witnessed, I just feel bad for the guy who dates her...” I roll my eyes at the thought of Pinkie keeping an eye on him through her wall physic breaking non-sense.

“So what’s exactly is this party going to be about anyways?”

“Pinkie usually throws a welcome to town celebration; but you have been avoiding ponies almost since the day you were first seen.”

“For good reason…” I shrug before sitting down on the bed.

“Can I ask what that reason is?” She hops on the bed beside me leaning on me and placing her head on my shoulder, minding her horn.

“I-I’d rather not talk about it…”

“Why ever not?”

“Because it’s a long and sad story.” I look at her out of the corner of my eye that she’s… smiling? She notices I’m looking at her and she looks at me now with big puppy dog eyes.

‘Not again!... BAH DEFENCES WEAKENING C’MON THAT ISN’T FAIR!!!’

“ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT! I tell you! Just stop with the eyes!” She has a smug grin across her muzzle as she resumes leaning her head on my shoulder, I can feel her fur is extremely soft, almost like silk… What was I supposed to expect from a pony who spends a ton of time in the spa… Yeah… Never mind I retract my statement now, I mentally facepalm.

‘Oh, I’ll get you for this… maybe not today. Maybe not next year, but I will get you…’

Sighing loudly, I think about the best way to explain this to her without making myself feel horrible.

“I've never been a sociable person- to put it simply. I’ve avoided ponies out of fear, and now I want to avoid them because I just want to be left alone, don’t take it personally- but back then I was the same way... There was a short list of people I could tolerate for hours on end, being here for only a week; I don’t have anyone to truly trust. That and there’s only so much interaction I can take before I leave for a while. It’s just how I am.” I take a moment to carefully think about what I just said; two responses come to mind of what she’s most likely going to say now, she’s so totally going to have me talk to more people; that or she will show sympathy. Praying on option two.

“I understand, it’s completely natural to act this way, but perhaps Equestria and other ponies can help you “ She does something I did not expect she gently rubs against me.

“Uhhhhhhhhh, what was that?” I lean my head away from her, slightly disturbed.

“What are you talking about?” She looks at me confused.

“What you just did; why’d ya’ rub on me?” I mentally facepalm myself from what I had just said.

‘Your choice of words definitely could have been better on that one pal…’

“I only nuzzled you- it’s a sign of care and affection here.”

Oh… If it’s all the same I’d prefer it if you don’t do that, kinda weirds me out.” But it was warm and enjoyabl- WHAT AM I THINKING, BAD BRAIN, BAD!

“I’ll keep that in mind~” She voices happily. I DON’T LIKE THIS! NOT ONE BIT.

“Anywho, perhaps you’d learn to overcome your social problems by being here in Equestria.”

“Perhaps… I’m gonna take a shower now; maybe get some rest and be on my way to work at six.” Her ears droop slightly and she nods and hops off the bed like a cute kitten being disturbed from a nap.

“See you in the morning Rarity.”

“Night!” She magically pulls the door shut, I can hear her hoof steps getting distant and I get back to my initial task; folding my new clothes… Gently I take the maroon shorts and matching T-shirt. Looking closer in proper light I can now see there’s a gentle black stripe running the full length of them, with a smile I fold them neatly on top of one another and place them on top of the nearby nightstand and get my final sets of clothing folded and put away in the nearby dresser. Thankfully Rarity was kind enough to give me an empty dresser, even with so few clothes she was nice enough to provide me this much; hell the fact these ponies are so accepting of me, at least so far they are; is short of a miracle.

Deciding I’ve rambled on enough in my head, I take the set of clothes and head for the bathroom I found last night during my snooping. Opening the door, I look both ways to see any oncoming ponies; seeing no pony I cautiously watch my back and open the door to the bathroom. Quickly as possible I fling myself in and shut the door hastily making sure I lock it; with that said I can’t hear anything outside anymore and I breath a sigh of relief.

Almost too quickly I pull the shower curtain back and look at the dial for the water- if there was an award for how long it takes to figure out a knob, id most likely win it- I tried pulling, pushing, moving up and down and I didn’t think to twist it… Wow, I'm definitely some kind of stupid… Now the water is on and a decent temperature I take my old marine fatigues off and lay them near the new clothes including my now extremely disgusting underwear…

‘I really need a new pair of whites… that or no underwear for a while.’ I shiver slightly at the thought. I take my watch off and place it on the nearby sink keeping my ring on my hand so . Carefully, I step into the warm water, keeping my head in for a few seconds before having to wipe the water from my eyes and using my hand I stand against the wall enjoying the warm feeling of the water. When civilization failed and the end of the world came the one thing I missed while being underground was not being able to take a shower- not to mention a warm shower.

Now completely soaked I slowly read the labels in the various bottles Rarity keeps; most of which have different and wonderful smells, deciding on one in particular bottle (cinnamon… don’t judge me.) I wash myself down fairly quickly and wrap a nearby towel around my waist and re attaching my watch to my wrist all the while thinking about my current predicament with my not so tighty whities… Seeing that Rarities bathroom is a shower and a bathtub I can probably clean them myself and let them dry out and use this towel the rest of the night and pray they are dry enough to be worn by morning… That or swallow my pride and ask for a new set…

After a brief moment I think about my options, It is with the deepest regret and utter embarrassment that I put the shirt on and keep the towel on while carrying my soiled underwear on my left. Carefully, I walk downstairs, I walk around the corner, I find Rarity reading a book on the couch, luckily Sweetie isn’t up (that I know of).

“Hey- uh Rarity,” I awkwardly clear my throat and carefully think about what I’m going to ask.

“What is it darling?” she hasn’t noticed what I’m holding yet.

“Eh, you made me clothes but there’s something else that we use under the clothes. To put it simply I need more of these.” I hold the somewhat white pair out for her to see.

“Er- I can definitely handle that.” She turns a light shade of red.

“Sorry, but I really need new pairs of these-.” She holds her hoof up.

“Say no more! I completely understand, I’ll get to work on it first thing in the morning.” She calmly smiles, still slightly red in the face.

“Ok, thanks, but eh is there-“ I hear her zap and I look back at my article of clothing.

“Cleaned.” She winks at me.

“Uh- thanks.” I awkwardly shuffle out of the room and back up the stairs and put my underwear and shorts on. Seeing I have nothing else to do, I hop on the bed and lay on my back and stare at the ceiling. Hesitantly, I reach under the bed and pull out the wooden case that contains Stavo's diary, gently I grab the worn leather book and open it to a random entry to learn more about what happened; that and knowing me- reading tires me out rather quickly.

<><><><><>The Next Day.<><><><><>

You know those days you don’t remember having a dream? Yea, that’s pretty much me every day of my life; all things considered, it certainly beats anything at this rate… Looking at my watch, it lights up stating it's close to four thirty in the morning- leave it to me to wake up at the crack ass of dawn; but it certainly had benefits when I was in boot camp. Flopping back on my back, I exhale loudly and ponder one of life’s toughest questions.

‘Should I try to get more sleep? Or suck it up and get on with my day…?’

After five minutes of staring at the oh so enjoyable ceiling I kick the covers off, gently placing the diary on the nightstand next to my head; carefully I put my feet on the ice cold floor; almost too quickly I regret my decision of leaving the covers, but I have a job to do today. Practically fighting myself to get going I put my clothes on and my watch I stretch and head downstairs into the kitchen, unsurprisingly, no one is down here; I mean who in their right mind would be up this early anyways. Shaking the thought from my mind, I grab myself a bowl and as quietly as possible I retrieve the bag of cereal I had yesterday. With the utmost care I pour myself a bowl with all the other essentials and begin to eat my breakfast. Looking out the nearby window I can see the sun slowly rising.

‘Well, at least I’m not the only crazy person for being up this early.’ I chuckle at the Idea of Celestia drinking a giant ass mug of coffee while raising the sun.

After about ten or so minutes of eating a bowl of cereal; I go back upstairs and grab my boots and double check I’ve gotten everything sorted I write a quick note and leave it on the side of the bed and head out into the cool morning air. This early some ponies are out (most likely some merchants) I walk by a few stands and the ponies who own and operate them not daring to say a word to me. Way to make me feel welcome guys, really- I appreciate it. I roll my eyes when I hear a rather soothing feminine voice behind me.

“Excuse me, sir.” I stop in my tracks and look behind me to see a young mare, to confirm she’s talking to me I point to myself, she nods and approaches me.

“I couldn’t help but notice you’re wearing a ring.” I raise an eyebrow and look down at my ring that’s now glistening in the morning sunlight- carefully I clench my fist hiding it away slightly.

“Yea? What about it?” I look down at her and notice her flank has jewel on a pillow.

“It looks simply divine is all, I was wondering where you got it.”

‘You’re only interested in it because of the value aren’t you…’

“It wasn’t made here, or in this century for that matter. It’s a gift from a long lost friend… one I hold dear to my heart.” I hiss with almost venom in my voice.

“AH! I was wondering because I have never seen such intriguing markings.” She gets slightly closer, I pull It away from her; taking a hint she realizes what she did wrong. Clearing her throat she looks at me.

“May I?”

“Look with your eyes, not your hooves… or magic.” I slowly take the ring off my finger, gently laying it in my hand as she pulls out a magnifying piece out a slash bandolier wrapped around her waist all the while she looks at it closely.

“Do you know what it is made of?” She looks up at me curiously.

“Stainless Steel.” I reply emotionlessly and quite possibly the blankest expressions man ever thought imaginable.

“It’s got some really detailed engravings that wrap evenly all the way around, it’s quite beautiful.”

“Thanks?,” I give her a really odd look as I slip it back on my finger.

“OH! Where are my manners. My name is Encrusted Jewel! One of the finest metal and stone merchants this side of Equestria.” She proudly poses with a hoof to her chest.

“Pleasure to meet you.”

“If you ever need jewelry repaired or wish to buy something for that special somepony, I’m here twice a week!”

“I’ll keep that in mind.” I wave to her and walk away from her continuing on my stroll around Ponyville.

‘Fucking Creepy…’ I walk away from her continuing my stroll around Ponyville seeing that I got a while before anything good happens; might as well enjoy the time I got doing absolutely nothing worthwhile with it- right? It didn’t take long for a few more ponies to try and talk to me granted, I give them the fact they are at least trying to get to know me; though my introverted side of me is starting to kick in and by the time it’s said and done in already done with people for the next few weeks in under an hour.

Looking at my watch I find it’s 0510 (5:10 AM) I walk begin walking towards Applejacks farm for my second day’s work granted, I’ll be a bit- a lot earlier than I was yesterday, but certainly beats being late.

<><><><><>One Twenty Minute Loiter Walk later… <><><><><>

I arrive at Applejacks home, I listen to see if anyone is even awake yet, hesitantly I knock on the door and wait for a moment, after the first minute I’m starting to reconsider knocking again and just go home and come back when I'm supposed to. I turn around and walk down the steps and I hear the door squeak open.

“Y’all are really early today.” Applejack yawns and rubs her eyes sheepishly, as if I had beaten her at waking up early.

“Sorry- Couldn’t sleep anymore today, so I’ve been loitering around Ponyville today…”

“Ah understand, we were just getting up and eating breakfast- would ya’ like to join us?”

“Sure, why not.” I walk back up the steps and she moves aside and lets me in I look around to see an old looking pony sleeping soundly.

“Who’s that?” I gesture to the old pony.

“That’s Granny Smith, Y’all don need tah whisper, she’s ah’ heavy sleeper.”

“Huh… Ok then.” Applejack leads me into the kitchen where the same pony I met with Sweetie.

“Mornin’ Austin!” AppleBloom smiles and continues eating what appears to be an apple pastry.

“Good morning.” I gently wave and take a seat at the table near AJ.

“So what do we need to do today?”

“Lucky for us today partner; we only have tah tend tah the carrot portion of the farm, we should be done ba’ noon!” She smiles happily before serving me a plate of apple pastry.

“Sounds simple enough.” I take a bite and the instant that pastry touched my tongue, an almost literal explosion of flavor I sit there for what I think was two minutes before anyone noticed me with my mouth open.

“Y’all ok?” She shakes me slightly with her hoof.

“This… Is… DELICIOUS!” I emphasize my words as I take another bite.

“Compliments to the chef!” I keep stuffing my face with this ungodly pastry.

“Thank ya kindly!” AJ turns slightly red and begins eating her food.

Roughly twenty or so minutes later, Apple Bloom had to head to school, I asked her to tell Sweetie, why I wasn’t able to walk her to school this morning.

With that settled Applejack and I got to work on tending to the carrots near the barn. Just like every other crop on this farm it’s always attended to without magic or any chemical protection like we used to use to keep pests off the product- how they managed to avoid this, is still a mystery to me just as much as how Pinkie is able to break physics. Shrugging it off I kneel beside AJ as she tries to pull out a particularly stubborn carrot.

“Need help?”

“Nah, I got it.” She continues to struggle with it for another thirty seconds only making the situation that much more funny.

“How about now…?”

“No…” She continues to stubbornly yank at it. Finally the nice side of me caves in and I walk over and heave the carrot out. Turns out the thing was a lot wider than it appeared on the surface, but a swift yank it pulls out easily; casually I hand it to AJ to see her face is in shock.

“How’d you do that?” she looks at the carrot and back at me.

“What? You know my arms aren’t just for show, you know.” I give her a smug grin, she gives me a look that almost literally say. ‘Really? Did you just say that…’

“Ok, fine! I’m only kidding; I’m horribly out of shape… probably... most likely” She continues to stare for a moment before laughing and eventually she shakes it off and continues working on the field carefully picking a few other carrots.

“Hey Austin ya’ mind doing me a favor?” I stop preening weeds and walk over.

“Yea’ sure? What is it?” Using my shirt I wipe sweat from my head.

“I need ya to take this bushel of carrots to Fluttershy, she asked for a supply of our finest for her critters.”

“Ok deliver these to her and come back. Anything else?”

“Eyyyup and Nope, they’re already paid for.” I nod and take the bound carrots and begin walking the trail.

‘Not my brightest idea to be wearing dark clothes in the summer… again, what the fuck was I thinking?’

“This fucking heat...” I gripe aloud to no one in particular, being born in one of the coldest months of the year also doesn’t help my hatred for the blazing heat and blizzards… why couldn’t the cryo pod release me in spring, I continue walking down the path towards Fluttershys cottage, complaining all the way.

<><><><><><><><><><>

I may exaggerate a few things in life, but I doubt this is one of them, walking across town in heat that was probably close to 90° feels like trudging through a fucking fire pit scratch that- like walking through a flamethrower. Yea… I exaggerate a few things, but come on give me this one. So far I’ve crossed half of Ponyville and thus far I’ve encountered swarms of ponies giving various waves, glances, hello's, and various mixed faces as I passed by. Though no one ever seemed to pay me any mind- much to my advantage…

Roughly five to ten minutes later I cross the bridge the last landmark that says you’re now leaving Ponyville, and also signifying I’m almost to my destination. Not a moment later I hear a slight whistling sound overhead, being me, I look up and see a streak of rainbow flying straight- nope, never mind it just diverted course… andddddddddd is heading straight for me. Bracing myself, I close my eyes a sense of deja vú encasing me. However, instead of hooves sinking into me, and the feeling of my body being imprinted into the ground, I instead hear a light flapping noise, I open my eye slowly to see Rainbow smiling softly.

“How’re you doing big guy?” She lands beside me.

“Doing good, just taking these to Fluttershy for Applejack.” I hold the tightly wrapped bundle of carrots.

“Ah, good; I caught you in time! AJ sent me out to find you, you don’t have to come back today after you deliver those. She said she handled the rest since you pretty much finished it all.” Rainbow, using her nose opens up a pouch and hoofs me a bag of bits.

“Alright, cool means the rest of my day is free now.”

“Yea, my job has been slow too, only have to clear a few random clouds.”

“Sounds fun.” I sarcastically smile as I continue to walk towards Fluttershys home, Its now visible from behind the trees keeping it hidden from view. With Rainbow by my side, we continue talking casually as I walk up to Fluttershys door, I raise my fist to the door and gently I knock on the door. A few seconds later the shy pony opens the door.

“H-hello Austin and Rainbow.” She quietly mumbles before moving aside. Instantly I’m met with the cool air inside.

“Here's your carrots. Applejack sends her regards.”

“Oh! Thank goodness! Angel Bunny has been begging me non stop for more carrots. These will last a while.”

“That’s good to hear. If it’s all the same with you I’m gonna stay for a few more minutes to cool off.”

“Oh, it isn’t a problem take your time.” I take that as an open offer to sit down on the closest couch possible. Finding it, I slump down and enjoy the cool air and soft couch; closing my eyes, I can hear a flap of wings followed by something heavy and extremely sharp clawing into my shoulder.

“YIIIPE!” My eyes shoot open and I look up and there, perched on my right shoulder is a massive eagle. Its eyes staring at me as if judging me silently. Not sure if I should be terrified or in awe. Before I can do anything about it, it spreads its wings and lightly flaps down to adjust its position from my shoulder to my leg. Surprisingly, this time it doesn’t dig its talons into my leg… yet… dear god please don’t let this majestic bird kill me.

“Aarne! You know it isn’t polite to land on guests!” Fluttershy approaches the eagle and it spreads its wings before gracefully taking off and landing on a huge perch above the kitchen doorway.

“Aarne? What a beautiful name for a bird of prey.”

“I found him two years ago, his wing got caught in a tree and he was grounded, he almost d-died. I nurtured him back to full health; he’s been here ever since.”

“Huh… Owning a bird of that size was controversial back then; I’ve never seen one up close besides being in a zoo. He’s quite majestic.” His head cocks slightly as if he understood me.

“He certainly is!” Fluttershy smiles before hopping on the couch beside me. Shortly after Rainbow feeling left out decides to join us…. Except instead of her sitting beside me or next to Fluttershy she opts for laying on my lap instead.

“What are you doing?”

“Laying down?” she looks at me shamelessly and lays her head on my leg eliciting a sigh from me all the while I’m keeping my hands away from her.

“Comfy?”

“Very much so, Yes; thanks for asking.” She folds her ears to her head and continues to lay on my lap- one thing I did notice is just how soft she is, that and how light weight she is; then again I’ll chalk that up to her being a Pegasus, she has to be light enough to fly. Hesitantly, I poke the side of her chest. Immediately her right eye shoots open, eyeing me with an annoyed expression across her muzzle.

“Any chance of you moving?” I give a hopeful smile.

“Nope.” My smile falters into a blank expression.

“Good to know…”

‘I hate my life... Mostly... Well it’s debatable…’

<><><><><>Several Hours later.<><><><><>

From what I know, we sat there talking each sharing stories and adventures for what seemed like hours. Most of these stories were about all we had been through; roughly 90% of them involved a creature that would be considered mythological back in the day, this is still a bit difficult to believe. Rainbow had just finished telling a story about the first time she performed “Sonic Rainboom”, For now I’ll just tally that up to her breaking a sound barrier… Her overall description sounds extraordinarily made up and told as a wives tale… Ah well, I’ll believe it when I see it.

“So, how long did it take for you and your men to cross the desert?” Rainbow is now looking up at me, she’s asking about the time our hummer broke down more than 40 miles from base. Rainbow is still comfortably relaxing on my lap.

“We spent roughly five hours walking back to base…, we got picked up halfway back, needless to say the crew that took us back laughed their asses off.” I remember when our lone hummer had a heavy oil leak because some dumbass mechanic forgot to tighten the damn drainage bolt before it was put back into service... How it managed to get out of quality check amazes me. That or we all just assumed you were competent enough to tighten something so simple. Looking at the two around me listening to my story started laughing.

“Needless to say we all had pretty good tans after that.” Rainbow breaks out laughing extremely hard, Fluttershy is gently giggling, looking through the window I notice the sun is beginning to set I look at my watch.

“Ah well, it’s getting late time for me to start heading back soon.” Rainbow seems to know and gets up and stretches while still on top of my lap, to my surprise she is extremely cute when she’s relaxing. I almost miss it… Almost… anndddd there I go again. I seriously need to stop thinking like that.

“I’m gonna head home and get ready for a busy day; tomorrow the Weather Factory is getting some clouds ready for Applejack as she requested. After that, we’re going to return the rain later that night; from what I’ve heard, they’re doing it to make the grass look really lush for the princesses.” She shrugs slightly before hopping off my lap.

“Cya guys!” She flies out the door, leaving a slight rainbow trail behind her, I look at Fluttershy who is still slightly giggling.

“I think I‘m gonna head back as well. Oh, and when does the Celebration start anyways?” I get up and stretch with a few back pops, Fluttershy doing the same gets up and stands beside me.

“The Celebration will happen next week, the day of the solstice. The princesses will be attending all day.”

“Sounds like fun.”

“It will be the second time Ponyville has played host for the Celebration.”

“Sound’s like a bigger event than I thought.”

“It depends on the pony!” She enthusiastically smiles.

“Well, thanks' Fluttershy, see you later.” I wave to her and head out into the cool evening air.

After a short five / ten minute walk back into the center of Ponyville the first thing I notice is the town is completely empty- like beyond the normal empty for this hour... There isn’t even a tumbleweed here; I dramatically stop and wait for one to appear, after a minute, nothing happens. Shrugging in disappointment I continue walking only to be stopped by a cliché tumbleweed. With wide eyes, I watch it roll away from me.

“And that just made things that much, much more creepy.” I say to myself to no one in particular; Shaking it off, I continue on my way back towards the boutique.

All too ready to sleep, that is after a nice warm shower- nah scratch that a cold shower; one thing I enjoy in the summer is a really cold shower. Continuing my walk and thinking about things to do, I notice for the briefest of seconds I see a pony stare at me around a corner and run off behind a building. Just like that the creepy levels just went off the charts, cautiously I continue walking back, I can see the boutique and to my surprise the blinds are all drawn and no lights are on inside, my anxiety levels just peaked to max, extremely hesitant I twist the door knob I gently pull it open and enter with my back away from the inside of the boutique. Turning around I find the entire lobby is pitch black; except one corner and just then and there I see an ear perk up followed by a literal ton of ponies screaming at me.

SURPRISE!!! WELCOME TO PONYVILLE!” A huge- GIGANTIC fucking crowd of ponies scream at me… and I think I just shat my underwear… Cleanup on isle 2… Please.

“Are you surprised?!” Pinkie bounces in front of me.

“That would be a horrible understatement!” I shout as I walk over to the near the couch and collapse onto it face first, all the while other ponies begin partying around me, even Fluttershy is here.

“Whatcha mean?” Pinkie bounces over to the couch next to me.

“I’m not a social person Pinkie; Thanks for the party, I really appreciate it, but I’m probably gonna stay here.” Her ears fold down to her head and her mane goes flat.

“I-I’m sorry.” her tail falls limp as she walks away, before she can I pull her back and her ears perk up slightly. I cant help but feel like a total asshole, as if the nice side of me just bitch slapped me.

‘You should feel horrible…’ My mind on rewind, I sit up and look at Pinkie.

“Pinkie, wait.,” She stops and turns around and looks at me.

“Look; I’ll give it a shot… Ok?” Her mane and tail turn puffy once more (don’t ask me how…) and she has a smile and hugs me extremely tight. No exaggeration either!

Ahgk! P-ikie…cnt bret.” She blushes slightly letting me go and I inhale.

“Heh, sorry!” She has a huge sheepish smile across her muzzle.

“It’s all good.” I straighten my shirt out and get up and almost immediately loud music starts blaring. Looking to my right, I can see what appears to be a DJ with a headset with one side on, and tinted glasses. Welp, if there was an award for matching titles with your physical appearance that would be it! Getting curious, I walk over to her and find she’s using her magic to keep her set of turntables playing a really solid and might I add very catchy club song.

“Sup bro!” she shouts and looks at me, I’m slightly taken aback, albeit everything else around here is a bit surprising that this pony reminds me so much of so many friends I had. She’s so unlike every other pony I’ve met so far.

“Not much; chillin’ I suppose.” I smugly reply, seeing if she’s exactly what I think she is.

“So you’re that human everyone’s been talking about; Lyra hasn’t shut up about it since she met ya’.” She lowers her glasses and winks at me, remarkably she has some seriously beautiful almost blood red eyes- did not see that one coming

“Yeah, I’m that human. Don’t think there’s many of my kind still walking the planet.” I applied the sarcasm so thick to this that it was practically dripping off it.

“I’d say that’s a pretty good estimate.” She retorts smugly, CONGRATS YOU PASSED MY TEST!

‘I like this pony…’

“So you dig this party? One of Pinkie’s best so far this week.” She takes he shades off and places them behind her horn.

“How many parties does she throw.” My eyes widen slightly.

“Buck that, I’d lose count trying.”

‘Did she just…?’

“Really? That many?”

“Oh yea man! She loves throwing parties for everything and everypony, she usually asks me to perform as the entertainment for them.”
“Standard day then?” She nods her head slightly.

“Pretty much.” She takes her glasses and places them back on her nose and walks over to her turn table, knowing some types of equipment used while being a DJ her turntable’s look similar to an Odyssey set. Then again, I could be horribly wrong…

“Huh… Cool I guess! I think I’ll go get a drink.”

“Alright, catcha’ later- OH and the names Vinyl Scratch!”

“Austin.”

“Nice meetin’ ya Austin. Oh and welcome to Ponyville and stuff.” She Smiles while lowering her glasses down and winks at me. If there ever was a time to be awkward. Now would be it.

She gets back to playing music, the next song has some heavy bass and a catchy snare to boot. Seeing nothing better to do, I walk over to a large pile of pastries, punch, and what appears to be beer (maybe… Please?). Hesitantly, I taste it to find it’s apple cider, not that this is a bad thing; taking a few cups with me, I sit in the corner and drink myself away, oddly enough, I see several ponies eyeing me with an odd expression on their faces like I had just eaten one of them. Another pony about to do the same thing looks at me and I walk over to her drawing her attention.

“Why are all of you staring at me for drinking this?” She begins shaking heavily.

B-b-bee-cause it’s h-hard cider.” She stutters while trying to shrink herself down, trying to make herself as small as possible.

“So?” My mind slowly realizing what I’m drinking, as if I care anyways! I take another swig right in front of her..

“N-No pony should be able to drink that much hard cider!” She points her hoof at the other cups I left in the corner of the room.

“Do I look like a pony to you? Even if this is an alcoholic drink, this is some really lightweight shit…” She doesn’t reply instead she side steps away awkwardly back into the crowd.

“Typical.” I say to no one in particular.

‘Fucking ponies, what a’ bunch of lightweights.’ I shake my head and walk back over to the corner of the room, watching the ponies dance. Some are talking others, even doing exactly what I’m doing and avoiding the crowd, some drinking to their hearts content. One thing's for certain, though…

It’s going to be a long night… I close my eyes and continue drinking as the bassy music continues to play.

Author's Note:

Yep this chapter is really late compared to my usual once a week chapter. It's been a long and really tiring week- and for the 3rd time this year I'm sick with something that ruins my voice. Yay~. Well despite this I really don't have anything better to do other than write and sit around on my thumbs.

I also got some seriously bad writers block with this chapter so I do apologize if it is bland or repetitive (I seriously hope not), but I hope you guys enjoy it anyways. ALSO in other news the story reached 1,00419 views this week. You have any idea how insane that is to wake up and not have the urge to scream but cant with a sore throat?! Seriously guys! THANK YOU SO MUCH! :raritystarry:

Special Thanks:
Sean Perez for keeping me laughing when this chapter sorely pissed me off.
Jackson for some words of wisdom.

Thank you, you two! I really appreciate it.

There was no editor for this chapter besides myself. If you find any errors, please leave a comment and I will correct them ASAP.

See y'all in 12! :twilightblush: