• ...
3
 38
 4,094

The Regal Dream - Epilogue.

THE REGAL DREAM.

Epilogue.

A beach line.

The yellow arc extended beyond what Twilight could consider the horizon. She was back at the beginning of Limbo. Her chest throbbed in pain, and her mouth tasted foul. She felt her coat covered in sand and salt, wet from the water. As she started moving, lifting her body from the moist sand, she was struck by the pain in her limbs. She was numb from the neck down. The only part of her body that didn’t hurt was her head. She looked side to side, feeling exhausted. The sand-cluttered sea air filled her nostrils and made her want to vomit. Why was she there? Why was she back in Limbo? Her. She had to find her. She had to find Princess Luna.

A School.

Twilight thought she saw it on the edge of a cliff that grew from the beach line. It was far away from where she was. It looked exactly like Cheerilee’s school for fillies and colts in Ponyville. The washed out windows, the brownish door frames and the pristine glasses, all of them welcomed Twilight back to a place she found terrifyingly familiar. She knocked on the door, the impacts resounded like explosions inside the building. She knocked until her hoof chipped and had to stop from the pain. The door creaked open with a loud click from the lock falling to the floor. Twilight stepped inside.

A shadow under a desk.

The shadow’s coat was purple, her muzzle that of a mare, with white and blueish hair falling behind her ears and over her face. A regal pose not even the intimidated attitude could wash away. Twilight realized she had found her when she saw the cutie mark on the flank. A moon.

It was her.

“Luna!” muttered Twilight.

She had found her.

“Luna! Princess Luna!”

Twilight galloped towards Luna, with concern and hope in her mind. She kneeled before the Princess. Luna was confused; her eyes didn’t focus on anything. She looked up, down, left and right, unable to focus on anything. Sometimes she looked at one point in the distance only to repeat the entire cycle of looking around in every direction. Screw the manners, thought Twilight, you are coming back! Twilight grabbed Luna’s face between her hooves and looked at her straight in the eyes.

“Luna! Look at me!” said Twilight in an authoritative tone.

Her voice echoed inside the empty school. Twilight felt a shiver run down her spine when she saw Luna’s face. Her eyes were swollen with tears, bright red and her face was stuck in an expression of fear and despair. She looked terrified. When Luna spoke, Twilight had to put her ear next to her mouth, as the Princess’ voice was faint and barely audible. It was then when Twilight realized they would never get back home.

“Who…are you?” said Luna.

Twilight experienced the sense of falling, the floor disappearing under her hooves. She had to look down to see she was still inside the school. She had put everything at risk and now she was going to lose it. Was Luna’s mind really fully gone? She couldn’t be sure.

“Who…Am I?” added Luna.

Twilight moved away from Luna, let her face go off her hooves and sat down on the floor. Twilight wanted to cry. She wanted to curl into a ball and cry until her eyes bled. She could do that. She wanted it so badly she felt her heart about to explode. As it beat hard against her ribs, Twilight’s inner fighter kicked in. She couldn’t give up. She still had her mind. She knew who she was and why she was there. When she spoke again, her voice sounded like that of an old mare in her late days, broken by the tears.

“My name is…Twilight. Twilight Sparkle.”

Luna’s response came half a minute later. She lifted her head, eyes blinking repeatedly. She had heard that name before, that voice also sounded familiar. Inside her vacuumed mind, something snapped, something clicked in its right place.

“Twilight…Sparkle…I remember that name. I remember…somepony with…that name. Somepony I met many…many years ago. Is that you?”

Twilight looked at Luna. She lowered her body until her belly rubbed on the floor and her head was at the same height as Luna’s. Luna lied on the floor with her forelegs stretched out and her hind legs squatted. Twilight crawled a little closer to Luna, but not too close. She didn’t want to intimidate her.

“Yes. I came here for you. I came here…to save you. To remind you of who you are.”

Luna smiled shyly and hid her head beneath one of her forelegs. She was intimidated by that indigo maned unicorn, her voice sounded awfully familiar but Luna couldn’t put her hoof on it. Why was she so familiar to her?

“Me?” Luna chortled with a drop of despair in her voice. “I am…nothing. I am just a little foal…”

Twilight knew those words. She heard Luna saying those a long time ago. She heard those words years ago, her own memories about to be erased clasped their fingers on her mind and stuck close to her. When Twilight spoke, she did so automatically.

“Lost without her mother…”

“… Waiting for her big sister to save her.”

Those words brought Luna a sensation of warmth in her chest. She lifted her head as she took a deep breath and closed her eyes. More tears rolled down her face. Twilight got closer to Luna.

“You are Princess Luna. You are a proud ruler. The Princess of the Moon. You rule Equestria, with your big sister, Princess Celestia. I’ve come here for you, to save you, to remind you of…something. Something you once knew.”

Twilight looked around. What was that something she had to remind her of? She had it on the tip of her tongue but she couldn’t remember it. It was something really important, the only reason why she made such a long journey to bring her back. When she heard the words, she thought it was her thoughts slipping out from her mind, but they actually came from Luna’s voice.

“To convince me to wake up from this dream…”

She remembered. She was remembering. Twilight’s hopes grew bigger as she felt them about to burst her chest. With a smile, Twilight looked at Luna, crawling even closer. Their hooves were about to touch.

“To take a leap of faith…Yes…” said Twilight, the words floated in the air.

“To stop worrying so much…”

Twilight knew Luna was ready. Luna lifted a hoof and removed the tears from her eyes. Her vision blurred for a second until it returned to normal and saw Twilight crying with her. It was tears of joy, happiness had taken over her in a rampant spree. It had been risky to put everything she was in peril, but it had paid off. Twilight reached a hoof forwards and offered it to Luna.

“Come back with me.”

Luna looked at Twilight’s hoof. She moved hers towards it.

“Come back with me Luna.”

They were about to touch each other. Luna could feel the surge of magic energy pulling her towards Twilight. The world around her turned so bright she had to close her eyes.

“Come back…so we can be friends together again in the real world. Come back with me. Come back, please. Come back…”

Twilight’s voice faded as the world around them started spinning. Twilight grabbed Luna’s hoof, as an unexpected force pulled from them and yanked them out of the school, shattering the roof.

* * *

Twilight blinked. What she saw before here were just blurred colorful smudges: Blue, yellow, pink, white, orange, purple… She blinked harder as her vision cleared, and with her vision her hearing returned as well. She heard voices, voices of joy and happiness. And all of them were familiar to her.

“She’s waking up! She’s waking up!” said a happy, cheerful voice, overly excited.

“Oh, thank goodness!” said another voice, tinted with a posh accent.

“Ah told y’all, she’ll be jus’ fine!” said a third voice with a southern accent.

“Oh my, I was so worried.” said a voice filled with shyness.

“Ha! Nothing can stop our Twilight!” said a screechy enthusiastic voice.

Twilight lifted her head and looked at her friends: Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Applejack and Rarity. They all looked at her as they cheered and lifted their fore hooves in signal of happiness. Their attitude and their mood made Twilight smile. She looked around to see she was still lying on Princess Celestia’s bed, though the Princess didn’t seem to be around. Twilight was about to get up when she realized she was holding something with her left hoof. She looked before her and realized she was holding somepony else’s hoof: Luna’s. Princess Luna was awake and held Twilight’s hoof even tighter than Twilight held hers. They exchanged looks. Luna was serene but scared, while Twilight was filled with anticipation and dread. The few seconds before Twilight got her answer felt eternal. Luna licked her lips, looked to Twilight and smiled.

“Twilight…Sparkle…” said Luna.

Twilight smiled, giggled and cried. As the tears ran down her face she sprung from the bed and threw herself onto Luna’s chest. Luna hugged Twilight as she got up and Twilight hugged her with need. She had never been happier and more relieved to see somepony safe and sound, hearing her voice and making sure she was alright. Twilight ran her hooves over Luna’s neck and under her mane to make sure she was okay.

“Are you ok-k-kay Princess?” asked Twilight, unable to contain the adrenaline rush, still not believing she had managed to step out of Limbo with Luna.

“I am fine, Twilight. I am fine.” said Luna with a very calmed voice.

Twilight let go of Luna’s hug, as she stepped down from bed to be promptly assaulted by all of her friends’ hugs. She had Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Pinkie Pie hugging her on one side, and Rarity and Fluttershy hugged her on the other. She hugged them as much as she could with happiness swelling her heart and heat boiling in her stomach. The sensation of relief and happiness took over her and she couldn’t feel anything else but calm and peace. She had not experienced those in years. The group hug got interrupted as the bedroom door opened.

“Celly!!!”

Luna’s voice tore through the room. Twilight turned around to see Princess Celestia standing at the doorjamb, holding a cup of something with her magic powers. The cup lost its glow, fell and crashed on the floor.

“Sister…” was all Celestia managed to say.

Princess Celestia rushed at the bed. Luna jumped from it and wrapped her forelegs around her big sister’s neck. Celestia hugged Luna with one of her forelegs since she needed the other one to stand still. Her entire body was shaking, emptying the adrenaline she accumulated for so long. Celestia cried in gasps that broke Luna’s heart. Twilight had never seen the Princess so disconsolate in her life, and she would never see her like that again. Celestia couldn’t speak; she just moaned and gasped as she tried to control her sobs. Luna could feel the spasms on her sister’s chest.

“It’s alright Celly. I am back.” said Luna, trying to calm her sister.

“T-Thank you.” said Celestia. “Thank you, little sister.”

Celestia managed to calm down her sobs, as she let go of her sister. Luna sat down next to the bed as she looked at the clock. It was close to seven o’clock in the morning. She had to bring down the Moon!

“Oh My!” exclaimed Luna. “Sister, I have to…”

“Yes, yes, go.” urged Celestia with a smile and calmed eyes. “We will have enough time to talk later on.”

Luna smiled at her sister and then turned to the group of friends. Twilight was surrounded by her five mare friends, and even some of them were still hugging her. Luna felt really happy for her. She felt happy for everypony. She left with a smile, without saying another word. As Twilight saw Luna disappearing through the door, she remembered something. It was a fragment of memory, a piece of dream she brought from their trip down into Celestia’s dreams. Before saying anything or asking her teacher how she was, Twilight rushed with her request.

“Princess Celestia, we need to call Captain Platinum Plaques. They need to search for somepony in the North Tower of the Castle, inside the Storage room on top.”

* * *

There was a waiting period of two hours during which few things were done. Celestia and Luna were together on one side of the room. They were apart from the other ponies as they talked about the dream and how they managed to pull through such a difficult situation. Through the room’s windows, the warm sunlight illuminated the ponies and alicorns in orange and yellow tones. Luna rubbed her head repeatedly over her sister’s neck. It was hard for her to admit they were back. Celestia lifted a cup of tea and gave it to Luna.

“I guess you will not want to go to sleep now, right?”

“Your guess is right, big sister.” said Luna, taking a sip of the tea. “Mmm, this tastes good.”

On the other side of the room, Pinkie Pie narrated the events that happened inside the dream to Rarity and Applejack. Twilight and Rainbow Dash interfered a few times to put the facts straight and tell the story correctly. Fluttershy stayed quiet, only pointing out those events happening in the Manehattan dream.

“If I were ther’ with y’all, Manehattan would’ve been one heck of a nightmare.” said Applejack.

“Oooh, there were nightmares alright!” said Pinkie Pie, as she hopped on the bed and curled her body. She was trying to imitate some sort of snake creature. “The attack of the fifty-mile-long Worm in the Everfree Forest! OooOooOooOooOooh!”

Twilight pulled Pinkie Pie’s puffy tail and brought her back down from the bed.

“Well, it wasn’t exactly like that.” said Twilight. “But it wasn’t pretty. At least that’s over, thank Celestia.”

Pinkie Pie moved away from Twilight as she chortled and pounced over Rainbow Dash, giggling. Twilight looked at the clock and saw that almost an hour had passed since they called for Platinum Plaques. She knew the North Tower was the furthest Tower in the Palace, but it was taking a ridiculous amount of time to find-

“We found her!”

The voice of Platinum Plaques was preceded by the explosion of the bedroom’s doors opening. Celestia and Luna stood up as Twilight rushed to meet the Captain of the Guard. He was followed by another two stallions, all of them covered in dust. On Platinum Plaque’s back, lied a pale blue coated mare. She had a bony complexion, so much so Twilight could even see the ribs’ shape under her skin. Her mane was white and covered in dust and dirt. It looked like she hadn’t eaten or taken care of herself for days. What terrified Twilight was that she looked dead.

“She’s alive. We found her like this in the Storage room.” explained Platinum Plaques.

“How could somepony get through our magical defenses?” said Luna, with a tint of surprise in her voice.

“The North Tower does not have those defenses.” said Celestia. “It is so far away from the main building, there is no need to defend it.”

“Besides, nothing of value is stored inside.” said Platinum Plaques. “Nothing, except a good hidey hole.”

Twilight ignored the conversation and focused on Trixie. The unicorn was in such a poor state it even humbled Twilight. She reached her hoof and lifted her face. It surprised her to see Trixie’s eyes half opened, her mouth agape in an expression of tiredness. She looked side to side and finally looked at Twilight. Their looks met for a brief moment, as Trixie lowered her eyes.

“Where…am I?” said Trixie in a raspy voice. She had been without water for two days. “Who…am I?”

Twilight’s next words tore her heart to pieces. She could feel the stabbing pain of guilt taking over her.

“You are…You are the Great and Powerful Trixie.”

Trixie narrowed her eyes, looked to the left and before falling unconscious, she could only utter a feeble.

“That’s…fine.”

She let her head hang loose over Platinum Plaques’ shoulder. Twilight was about to grab Trixie’s head but Celestia stopped her placing a hoof over her shoulder.

“It will be of no use.” said Celestia. “Look.”

The Princess was pointing at Trixie’s flank. Twilight looked and gasped in terror. Trixie’s cutie mark was gone. The magic wand and the handkerchief had disappeared. Twilight put her hoof over the furry coat and it got covered in grey dust. Twilight didn’t know the loss of somepony’s memory could have such severe consequences, but it made sense. Losing your personality, your identity, all that made you who you are, also meant losing what symbolized it.

“What’s going to happen to her now?” asked Twilight.

“Don’t worry Twilight.” said Celestia. “I am not going to imprison her.”

Platinum Plaques had to hold back a scoff of surprise, and when he talked, despite him doing it with respect, he couldn’t hide a bit of disappointment and outrage at the Princess’ decision.

“Your Majesty, are you sure of such decision? This is the pony that put you under a Dream to keep you prisoner.”

“One thing I learned with the time is that there is a moment to punish and a moment to forgive.” said Celestia looking at Luna and Twilight. “Trixie has received her punishment, and the most horrible one at that. Losing everything that made her what she was is the worst punishment I can imagine. Now is the time for forgiveness.”

“Then, what will happen to her?” insisted Twilight.

Celestia took a moment to give her answer. She knew not everypony in the room would agree with her decision but it was the least she could do. Despite Trixie trying to destroy her memories and put the entire land of Equestria in danger, she had to set an example.

“I will take care of her. I will take care of her and educate her in the right ways of the magic.” She then turned to Twilight. “Like I did with you, Twilight Sparkle.”

Twilight was surprised she accepted and approved the decision so quickly. The rest of the ponies were not so keen in approving the decision. Rarity and Applejack were less angry and more surprised, but Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie lifted their voices at Celestia’s decision.

“That’s a big risk!” shouted Rainbow Dash. “That…That…Trickster! She tried to kill us!”

“And with some of us, she did!” added Pinkie Pie. “It’s a long story.” she added after seeing her friends’ surprise faces.

“Celestia is right.” said Twilight. “She can do no harm now. Not to us. Not to anypony.”

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie settled down, still a bit disappointed by Celestia’s decision. They understood why Celestia took that decision, but the events inside the dream, all those attacks and traps that Trixie had thrown at them, they were still fresh and beating inside their brains. Celestia is right, thought Rainbow Dash, we need to learn to forgive and move on. Pinkie Pie blinked and then smiled, changed her state of mind as she moved her thoughts into something more cheerful. She waited until Twilight was done talking with the Princess.

“Thank you Princess.” said Twilight. “Could I…Could I come visit her?”

“Of course Twilight.” said Celestia. “Give us a few weeks to help her recover and get her back into optimal physical shape. Then you can come visit her. I am sure she will appreciate the company.”

“Thank you a lot again, Princess.” Said Twilight, as she got close to Celestia and gave her a soft hug. Celestia ignored the protocol this time and gave her prized student the tightest hug she had ever given her. Twilight couldn’t prevent a pinch of sadness hitting her heart.

“Hey guys!” Pinkie Pie’s voice came in the perfect moment. “You know what this calls for!?”

All the ponies except the Princesses answered with a timid voice tone.

“A party…?”

Pinkie Pie stood up on her hind legs and, rocking one of her forelegs, yelled.

“A PAR-TAY!”

And she bounced out of the bedroom singing a happy tune and launching streamers everywhere. Rainbow Dash was the first one that followed Pinkie Pie, and after her all the other mares left, except Twilight, Luna and Celestia. Celestia looked at her sister and with a smile nodded her towards the door.

“Come on Luna.” suggested Celestia.

“Oh, uhm…” Luna rubbed her front legs together as she coiled her head down. “Should I?”

“He, he, he, I think you deserve a good breakfast and some rest after such a strenuous night, don’t you think?” said Celestia with a big smile.

Luna looked at her sister and then back behind her on the bed. Platinum Plaques and the other two guards placed Trixie over the bed and were already taking care of her. Luna’s concerned expression made Celestia insist once again.

“Don’t worry about her now, Luna.” said Celestia. “We will take care of her. You go with Twilight and her friends, and have some rest, understand?”

Luna knew she had nothing else to do there, and just staying in the room doing nothing would make her feel even worse. She wanted to take that break and stay away from the bedroom, so she looked at her sister, gave her a hug, and then back at Twilight.

“I understand, Celly. Shall we go, Twilight Sparkle?”

Twilight had those words resonate in her mind. So we can be friends together again. She smiled and offered Luna to pass first.

“Let’s go, Princess.” said Twilight.

Luna left the bedroom with a happy trot, breathing the fresh morning air and letting it go through her mane. She felt alive and awake. As the sound of her hooves echoed and faded away in the hallways, Twilight turned around to look at Princess Celestia.

“Do you want me to send you a report on what happened the last couple of…” Twilight stopped talking as she made up her mind. For her, it had been weeks, almost months, inside that dream. In reality, not even seven hours had passed. “…hours?” finished Twilight.

“It will not be necessary Twilight.” said Celestia. “But I would love to see your study on the nature of dreams, once you finish it.”

“Oh! Well…” Twilight knew that study was far from finished, if not pointless. But after that experience, she had enough material to work with for days. “I will make sure to send it to you as soon as I finish it, Princess.”

With that, Twilight nodded and left the room with a smile, as Princess Celestia turned around and began attending Trixie with the help of the Royal Guards and Platinum Plaques.

* * *

The Palace’s doors opened and a blast of fresh air hit the six ponies and Princess Luna. The bright sun light bathed their bodies making long shadows over the white floor of the stance. Before them, the Sun glowed big in the sky and the city of Canterlot woke up to another bright day. Twilight stepped forwards first as she looked over the houses and the other ponies. They were so oblivious about what just happened. They would never know they had been on the edge of catastrophe. Seeing those ponies doing their daily routines and their normal lives like nothing happened, made Twilight realize how worthy was everything they fought for.

She was about to resume her walking when something hit her on her side. It was a purple and green blur made out of scales that hugged her neck tight enough to choke her words.

“S…Spike!” said Twilight.

“Twilight! Oh my Gosh! I was so worried about you! And your note just worried me even more! I came here! Early in the night! But they didn’t let me in! And I went to get something to calm me down! But I think-!”

Twilight put a hoof on Spike’s mouth to shut him up and then pulled him close into a hug. She didn’t realize how much she had been missing Spike until she saw him. Spike’s initial enthusiasm turned into joy as he hugged Twilight with a calmed smile and a peaceful gesture.

“It’s alright Spike.” said Twilight. “We were just…busy, helping the Princess solving something.”

“Oh! Oh! Can I know about it?” said Spike.

“Mmmmaybe after breakfast.” said Twilight.

Spike hopped on Twilight’s back as they walked away from the Castle. Luna moved forward and closer to Twilight, as the others followed them. Pinkie Pie was behind, thinking on what colors she had to use for the streamers, when a shiver down her spine made her stop. She sat down and took her tail between her hooves. It was twitching out of control.

“Twitcha-Twitch…” said Pinkie. “Twilight! Watch out!” warned Pinkie.

Twilight turned around to look at Pinkie Pie, drifting her attention away from what lied before her.

“Wha-?”

She was about to put a hoof on the ground when she realized there was no ground under her. Twilight shook her fore hooves frantically as she looked in front of her and down in the ditch that opened up before her. Spike jumped off of her back as she rolled down the ditch.

“Waaaaaah!” shouted Twilight.

She rolled, tumbled and finally bounced off the ditch. She fell and landed on the bottom of it as everything around her blacked out. Her hearing turned deaf, and her body went numb. She felt the unconsciousness taking over her brain and in a matter of seconds she slipped into darkness.

* * *

Voices.

“Twilight…”

Her name.

“Twilight!”

Twilight opened her eyes as she looked around and recovered the control over her limbs and the hearing in her ears. She was surprised of her first reaction, as she had never been happier to see the bottom of a ditch before. She looked around and found her coat covered in dirt and mud. She looked awful. She looked up as she saw her friends looking worried at her. All of them sighed in relief when they saw Twilight moving, and some of them even giggled, relieving the tension from the momentary scare. Twilight dug her hooves on the ditch’s wall and climbed up without much difficulty. Rainbow Dash lent her a hoof and pulled her up and back into the path again. Twilight realized the ditch was a dry river and that she had missed the bridge that crossed over it for a couple of inches.

“You okay sugar cube?” asked Applejack.

“Oh yes, I am fine.” said Twilight.

Twilight looked at her friends with a kooky smile to show them she was alright. But there was a niggling doubt crawling behind her head. She had no idea how to put it without making it sound silly, so she made it sound like a joke.

“He, he, he, you know guys…For a moment I thought I was going to wake up after falling into the ditch.” she said while rubbing the back of her head with her fore hoof.

The group of friends laughed out loud. Rainbow Dash patted the ground in laughter. Pinkie Pie bounced before Twilight and poked her on the nose.

“Ooh, come on silly!” said Pinkie Pie. “You know you’re already awake, right?”

Twilight looked down to the floor as she rubbed her hoof over the soil. The small pebbles rolled under her. She nodded at her friends with a smile. They resumed their advance towards “Joe’s Malts and Doughnuts” as Pinkie Pie giggled, Rainbow Dash boasted about her aerial tricks, and Rarity worried about her deliveries been delayed after the night’s events.

It all went back to normal.

Twilight forced herself to believe that. She looked behind one more time at the great Castle of Canterlot, as she let go a sigh of relief and exhaustion. She had been at the edge of the pony mind and returned, with scars so deep only time would close.

THE END.

Comments ( 25 )
knighty
Site Owner

I've approved it but, while the wysiwyg editor sucks, you might want to try pasting it in the bbcode editor (on the chapter page) or copying into notepad first. Should fix the linebreak issues.

93 I will totally do that!

Thank you sir, I am sorry if that issue caused you any inconveniences.

knighty
Site Owner

94

Nono don't apologise to me, it's my fault. Well, it's partly mine and partly browsers/documents fault :)

95 Hey there! I did as you told me and used the wordpad versions of the files to save the line breaks. I like how they look now, much better.

Thanks a lot for this website man, so far it looks like it will be very popular! I will be supporting this site 100%

Such a gripping story...

But I swear, I will be SOOO pissed if the foreshadowing from the first part comes true.

Oh yes. Great ending to a great story. Well done.

188

Thank you!!! <3

Dammit Bob! I'm confused! But greatly inspired as well.

Fantastic work. Simply fantastic.

#9 · Jul 20th, 2011 · · ·

Well now this looks good.
The two most mentally stimulating things in my life in a high-rated crossover fic.
Will read.

#10 · Nov 2nd, 2011 · · ·

WE MUST GO DERPER :derpyderp2:

I never fathomed the possibility that Somepony would be able to make an adaptation of My little Pony in Inception. Really, Really good story, loved reading it. This story felt as mind boggling as the movie and every way loyal to MLP:FiM and inception great job on this story,A+++ on character, setting, writing and environment just GENIUS!

Wow...just found this and read through it all. Amazing! I haven't seen the original Inception but I know what basically happens. Glad to see they all got a relatively happy ending, eventualy. Except Trixie...

Amazing. That's all I can say. Simply amazing.

I loved this story... at first I was a bit thrown by the different names for some of the characters (and it didn't help that the story I just previously read had firefly listed as a totally different character from those in this story, and one with a relation to rainbow dash... I'd suggest fixing that if only to make it easier on the ones that start reading with little patience) and I am pretty sure that this would at least partially confuse people that haven't watched inception (but only a bit, and considering that inception confuses even those people that DO watch it, that's pretty good) but all-in-all, very well done.

I wish it could have had a happier ending for Trixie though... I wouldn't wish that on even her great and obnoxious self... and as dramatic as it makes the ending, it just... changes something. I'd either:
(1) Add a bit of embellishment to that bit of the final chapter (making it more closed-ended)
(2) Add Trixie to the Limbo scene and wake her with Luna, perhaps have that scene the point where she meets Twilight and there is closure... say she is woken up and the princesses' version of a punishment is that she become twilight's assistant or something... if she lost all her magical skills and had to retrain, that might give it a bit more interesting an ending right? Trixie's punishment is the loss of all magical skill, and the irony is that she becomes a student of Celestia right alongside Twilight. Brownie points if Twilight ends up using her mind to stabilize Trixie's or something...

but now I'm ranting on what could be. It's up to you to decide what you WANT to be. I think I'll end with saying fantastic job. The characters are accurate, the inception crossover is flawless, and the writing even paces with the tone of the movie. :twilightsmile:

I can't even describe how much I love this story, it was one of my first reads at fimfiction and is the best crossover that I have ever read in MLP universe! Thank you so much for writing it! :rainbowkiss:

It is always good to re-read this, best story ever! :yay:

This was so freakin' epic. First read it as a Google Doc. Now it's here....WINNING!

391429 Actually...that would have been the perfect ending...I always felt the "Memory Erasing" was always a cop-out. But at least here it's handled amazingly...

I remember this from a while ago in the days of yore, a little fic appearing on EqD.

More should know of it!

Did you listen to the INCEPTION Soundtrack when you wrote this? Because you hit the mark PERFECTLY. I could hear Dream Within a Dream, 528491, Dream is Collapsing, Mind Heist, and all the rest as I read this. Excellent work!

This is really amazing! I loved how you got the concepts and events of Inception and - instead of a mere copy - used them to create an original take that really fit the characterizations of the MLP characters.

The writing is very vivid and atmospheric, and Rainbow/Shadow Gilda fight was very intense.

P.S. Maybe you could re-tag it as [Drama] [Thriller or Mystery] instead of [Tragedy]?

7153837
Thank you so much for reading it :D

I'm really glad you enjoyed it. This was the very first fanfic I wrote when I got into ponies, and I'm surprised it still holds up so well that anyone can come back years later and have fun with it.

Thank you so much!

Intensity levels off the charts. Dude, you the boss. The characters were well done (Especially Twilight:twilightsmile:) and the whole thing was gripping. Everyone was epic, and I love epic. Great going. Huzzah!

Sequel hint?:unsuresweetie::pinkiegasp::pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment