• Published 3rd Jan 2014
  • 5,309 Views, 32 Comments

Applejack's Obsession - AlliePastel



Working day in, day out on the farm is stressful for Applejack. It doesn't help that her parents aren't there to help her anymore. When she can't find another way out of her situation, she wants to feel younger; but will her filly frie

  • ...
43
 32
 5,309

Get Lucky

It was mornin’ when I awoke. I looked around me and realized that Rainbow Dash was still latching unto me from behind. I didn’t wanna disturb her, so I grabbed unto her hoofs and held em’ close to my chest.

I waited for what seemed like an hour before Rainbow finally came to it.

I spent most of my time thinkin’ bout’ my little sister. I think it’d be best if I apologize to her and granny before her head to wherever we’re going. Well I suppose we’ll head down to manehattan, there I will show Applebloom a few things about her little secret and maybe get a chance to talk to her about it.

Rainbow Dash woke up, I felt her kiss my neck. It tickled a little bit and it made me grin.

Naturally I turned around to face her; her eyes glimmered like amethyst in the morning sun. She’s so beautiful. I put my hands on her chest and leaned in kissing her on the lips, my eyes closed and everything in that moment felt perfect.

When I opened my eyes and let go of the kiss she smiled at me real sweet, “Well good morning babe, how are you doing?”

I love it when she talks to me like that. I can’t describe why, but feeling her embrace makes me feel real special inside. It’s almost as if time don’t matter in that moment and all now is how good it feels to be held by another.

Rainbow broke away from the hug slowly; she landed another kiss on my cheeks before she spoke, “Applejack, I gotta go! I might have over slept now that I think of it… umm I’ll see ya when I you get back alright?”

I nodded as she opened my window, “Alright now, I want you to take care of yourself now you hear?!”

Rainbow rolled her eyes and gave me a coy grin. Of course she’d be alright, she was a tougher pony than me… although I’d never admit it. “Yeah, no prob. I’ll see you later love!” and she set off.

I never really considered how briefly I get to talk to her. Sometimes I feel like ah can’t catch up, thankfully she’s there to slow down for me.

I don’t wanna waste any more time though. Slowly but surely I made my way out of bed and started packing my stuff. It didn’t take long before my suitcase was up and ready to go. Now I only really face Applebloom, hopefully she’s still sleepin’.

I made my way to Applebloom’s room, she was sleepin’ real quiet wrapped up in her heavy blankets. She ain’t too casual bout’ sleepin’, she’s one of those ponies that tosses and turns all night long.

I nudged her shoulder with my right hoof, thought I’d wake her gently. She opened her eyes reluctantly. By the looks of it, I’d say that she’s just a bit tired.

“A-Applejack?” Apple Bloom muttered looking at me with this transposed expression. Her eyes looked sore, almost like she’d been rubbin’ em’ or something.

I climbed up on her bed, “There somethin’ wrong Applebloom?”

She stretched her hoofs a little bit before getting up and nuzzling my chest, “No, ah just am sorry. I-I’m sorry for acting like a foal.”

I nuzzled her back, “You ain’t got nothin’ to fret about little sis. Long as you don’t let this little secret out to any pony else, it’ll be just somethin’ between us.”

She sat down and smiled.

Nodding I told her, “Alrighty now Missy, you just get the rest of your things packed and I’ll meet ya downstairs.”

We parted our way and I went back to my room to get everything I needed. I don’t right know why, but I packed the pacifier just in case. I suppose goin’ anywhere for Applebloom might be intimidating; she’s never been anywhere too far from home.

Then again, I suppose that’s why Applebloom has this whole obsession.

I held the pacifier up to my face.

Then again, maybe that’s why I do to. I don’t usually like riskin’ goin’ on vactions like this for a reason. I don’t think it’s right to quit the job before it’s done, then again maybe I’m just over thinking things. Maybe it don’t matter, maybe it all has to do with livin’ in the moment with ones ya care about fore’ it’s too late.

Maybe ah need to talk this out with my little sister. She seems fairly happy despite a her cutie mark and everything; at least happier than me that is.

Non-the less, I threw the pacifier back into the suitcase and shut it. I suppose it doesn’t really matter much at the time, I think we outta head out to the train station before noon. Manehatten gets a little crazy round’ lunch time.

Applebloom headed out the door; odd we didn’t see Granny Smith outta bed. I hope she’s doin’ alright, she was just downstairs sleepin’ on the couch. I figure I best not disturb her, I’m sure Big Mac will be back later anyhow.

With Applebloom all ready to go, we headed out the door. Ain’t much that happened after that. We just walked to the train station with our luggage, took about two and a half hours of Applebloom gripin’ about the long trip, but it was worth it.

The seats inside Applebloom and I’s cabin were nice; they were red with gold trimming and they felt pretty velvety. Honestly the train cabins were really nice, if I do speak truly. The whole inside was very, well… formal kinda. I suppose ‘retro’ is a better term. Everything inside seemed dated, but it was very comfortable at the same time.

Applebloom was content staring out at the window; she ain’t ever seen suburbs before. I never quite saw the reason why Manehatten allowed suburbs to be built outside the city. Then again, in Manehatten, if you can’t build out you build up.

Then again, maybe the city folk didn’t wanna live life strictly in the city. I know the city folk like workin’ in the city, I don’t see why they live there. Ah just ain’t sure about it.

I trotted up to Applebloom who’s sight was still fixated outside the train and at the bustling town around it, “Hey Applebloom, something got your attention?”

Appleblooms turned her head and looked at me, “Ain’t nothin’ just wondering about the big city.”

“What about it?” I asked wrapping my hoof around her shoulder.

Applebloom cracked a small smile, “Ah’m just thinking I might move her one day, away from the farm. It seems like it’d be so nice living in a well maintained house like that.” She said pointing at a rather well trimmed, well decorated manor estate.

I nodded, “It sure would Applebloom, I might not ever live it, but you might.”

I felt her brush her head against my chest, almost like she was leaning against me, “To be a big city pony.”

I leaned my head over kissing the top of her mane, “Eey-up, I won’t bore you with how I almost got over- I mean how I almost became a big city pony. Tried living with my aunt and uncle, our aunt and uncle, it was like livin’ a lie. I ain’t going to explain it again; y’all already know the story of my cutie mark.

She nodded, “Mmmhmm, I wonder if my cutie mark will be something with apples…”

I embraced her closer to my chest with one hoof, “Let’s hope not, I think you do so much more than the apple farm. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, I’ll still love you either way…”

We stayed there silent in the radiant presence of the sun; Applebloom dozed off layin’ quietly by my side. I ain’t ever seen her so relaxed before; her own hug loosely surrounding my waist, I ain’t never seen her like this with anypony.

It’d been months since the last time I was in Manehatten. I’m not a fan of the capital city; I’m definitely not a fan of the traffic there. Yet I occasionally do some vendor work there, it is important that I never stop working.

A part of me wants to tell Applebloom my motive for going to Manehatten this time. I’ve kinda been checkin’ out this pony foal store for a while now; found it advertised in one of Rarity’s fashion magazines.

I ain’t usually one to check out fashion, but I am still sorta a mare. It don’t really hurt no pony for me to be feminine, I wouldn’t be caught dead talkin’ about it now, but you get my point. The only time I wanna act like a lady is when I’m umm… ‘relaxing’ or when I’m with Rainbow.

I’d never admit it to Rainbow’s face, but I love every minute being held by another pony. It feels good not havin’ such a heavy world lay on your shoulders, let alone two.

The train came to a complete stop, I nudged Applebloom,

“Come on silly filly, get up now.”

Applebloom slowly but surely regained her peripherals. I suppose it’s a bit tough wakin’ p after such a long nap. She must have been out a good two or three hours… speaking of which I think we outta grab some lunch or something.

After another some odd hours of travelin’ the streets of Manehattan, we made our way to one of the dozen of patisseries in the downtown district. Patisserie is fancy for bake good shop; I only know that because the very same special filly I’m travlin’ with taught me that.

Applebloom wasn’t really fluent in the foreign language she speaks but it’s definitely an impressive talent for such a little filly.

Back to what I was saying, I took Applebloom into the bake shop for lunch. We don’t usually have much wheat or milk based foods in ponyville, other than The Cakes Bakery, which is ironically why we don’t have many other specialty bake shops in Ponyville.

Call it the ignorance of the land, but some ponies just don’t wanna change things. Don’t get me wrong, I really love that Mr. and Mrs. Cake do so well, but their monopoly does cause problems and it dominates the other buiness’s simply because they’re such a well-known shop.

That being said, I don’t usually take Applebloom out much to begin with.

We stopped inside and got seated right away. Ain’t anything too fancy, definitely nothing like Canterlot, still fancy enough to look pretty though. All the chairs and stuff were well built and the whole place looked nice, reminds me a lot of something in Canterlot.

Applebloom and took our seat. I ain’t much for small talk but I smiled at her, “So Applebloom, this is a patisserie right?”

My little sister looked at me real funny, “Yeah, hehe. I see you’re learning?”

“Course I am Applebloom, I think I’m getting better all the time”.

Applebloom nodded, “Hehe, yeah! I think your pronunciation could improve a bit.”

I blushed, “Awh stop it Applebloom” Y’all are getting too smart, too fast!”

My little sister shrugged her hoofs before fallen subject to some light chuckling. If there’s one thing I love about little fillies, really all foals, is they’re so appreciative of compliments. I’ve only raised one foal and she loves it every time ah tell her she’s done something good.

Rightfully she should. Applebloom is such a special little filly. I’d do anything to make her feel safe in my hoofs and I think she knows that!

Her and I both ordered cupcakes, pricey ones too. Nothing is too good for her.

We ate our meals pretty quite. Applebloom talked a little bit about how sweet sapphire icing taste. Gems are rather pricey but they taste real sweet!

After walking some 20 blocks through the metropolis, we finally checked into a hotel. Like I imagined the entire inside of the hotel was the same as the train, all covered in velvet and such. We got a room one the 10th floor. I thought it’d be nice to give Applebloom a view.

Inside the room ah noticed all sorta things. The walls had this light blueish tint to em’, the countertops matched the chesnut wood shelves. Modern chrome appliances barred overtop the fancy white tiles in the kitchen. Meanwhile the rest of the room was decored in a very fancy chestnut wood with pearly white cushions.

I ain’t usually much for fancy décor, but I sure do appreciate a nice living space, it makes you feel a bit like princess.

Naturally the first thing I did was hop up one the queen sized bed. I suppose I didn’t notice it earlier, but Applebloom and I suppose will be sharing the bed. Ain’t nothin’ wrong with it, I like cuddling with her.

Applebloom followed my actions and hopped unto of the bedding, she dug herself in the bed’s heavy red and white blankets and laid down.

Despite all our walkin’ earlier, she still looked a bit tired. I suppose she very well might be, I don’t usually mind Applebloom on regular days of the week, maybe she really is tired like this all the time…

“Applebloom, you wanna take a nap or something while I go explore around town a little bit?”

Applebloom smiled curling up into a cute little ball. I suppose that’s a yes, there ain’t no text book for this sorta thing, you just gotta have faith the Applebloom will stay still.

A thought rang through my head before I rushed over to my luggage bag. I almost forgot why I packed what I did in the first place.

Acting fast, ah grabbed the item I was looking for and started to help Applebloom tuck herself in. I tried to be as gentle as I could, slowly I stuck the pacifier in her mouth before I pulled the heavy blanket over her tiny body.

She looked up confused at me for a second, before she turned to her side and closed her eyes. I think there’s a part of her that wants to talk about her little secret, but I think she’s scared too all at the same time.

I know not much has happened today, but it feels like it’s moving so quickly. Ah always figured that Applebloom would have been more talkive, but I suppose not.

Meanwhile I haven’t said a word. Maybe it’s the effect the city has on you, but you just move so fast that you don’t recognize time. Like, how do you remember what’s happening with the world moving around you so fast?! I didn’t mention it earlier, but seeing all those blank expressions on the street is intimating, almost like everypony doesn’t care.

I made my way outta the hotel and onto the streets. It’s intimidating walkin’ in such a big city! It feels like I’m living in my own world and no one cares if I’m there or not.

I look up at these towering brick monoliths and I start thinking the about how insignificant I am in the grand stream of things. A-ah feel like I’m moving fast, a-and at any minute I could be g-gone, a-and-

I walked right into a stallion.

“Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry!” I said helping him pick up his belongings. He must have been a shopping or something. If he wasn’t, the dozen shopping bags attracted to his saddle wouldn’t have made a lick of sense.

He stood up straight and looked at me. He had a light green mint like mane, and a short white mane and tail. He cracked a smile, his teeth glimmered, he-he’s so...

“It’s no problem ma’am.” He said giving me the most heartwarming grin of my life.

I froze in place, why was I feeling this way about a-a stallion. I ain’t ever met a stallion that made me stair slack-jawled at him, and yet here he was…

“A-ah’m so sorry.” I said falling to the hard concrete ground.

He hooked the bags to the hooks on his saddle. I watched him as he ducked his head infront of mine, he laid a hoof on my should and smiled again, “It’s quite alright, I should have been looking where I was going… say you’re not from here are you?”

I tensed up as I got on my forehoofs. I held a weak smile as I nodded.

He chuckled a bit, “Hehe, you sound like you’re from Appleloosa…”

“Ponyville” I corrected meekily.

He brushed his mane back up with one hoof, “Awh, I have some relatives that live that way… my name is Lucky by the way…”

I tipped my hat… Strike that, I-I forgot my hat… “Oh, m-mine is Applejack… I was just heading towards a little store while still have some free time.”

He turned his head to the side, “Got ya, Need anyhelp?”

I shrugged my shoulders, I didn’t wanna need help but I got no idea where anything is in Manehatten. That being said, my destination is rather ‘akward’…

“S-sure” I said weary that he’d ask me any fellow up questions.

On que, he asked, “Where to?”

I brushed my left hoof up and down my other hoof, “U-umm… It’s an um… ‘special shop’”

He gave me a curious grin, “What’s that Applejack.”

I whispered, “S-silly Fillies and Adult Foals…”

“What’s that?” He asked doubting my very answer.

I got a bit agitated and yelled, “Silly Fillies and Adult Foals!”

He blushed, “Oh my, I wouldn’t have guessed a pretty mare like you would...”

Tears overwhelmed my face as I ducked on my fore hoofs again. I yelled, “Don’t say it! I know you wouldn’t understand, just like every pony else does!” I don’t know why I let my emotions get ahead of myself like that, he probably doesn’t even want to date me…

Wait, what am I thinking? I got a filly friend back home! I can’t be fraternizing with a stallion!

Lucky walked into the nearby shop and dropped a few of his bags. He yelled a few things at the store’s register clerk and stepped back outside. “Come on Applejack, I hate to see a pretty mare like yourself shed tears. I don’t know you, but I know a nice pony when I see one. Come on, let me escort you there.”

I wiped the tears from my eyes, this really can’t be happenin’. How could a somepony be so understanding this quickly? He pulled me up on my hoofs and helped me get steady. I know it probably wasn’t a good idea trusting him, but I know an honest stallion when I see one…

I started following him down the street blindly. After some 5 blocks down the neon plastered walls of the city, I got curious.

“Why are you bein so nice, and why do you know where this store is?” I asked stopping dead in my tracks.

He didn’t say a word, but he did come to a stop in front of a small glass entrance way. To his side, a pink side hung on the shop’s window, “Silly Filly’s special deals.”

He chuckled a bit opening the door for me, “Hehe, I know the owner… she’s my sister.”

I blushed, “Oh my… you’ve been really nice. T-thankyou Lucky, Ah wouldn’t have found this place for hours without you”. I kissed him on the cheek before stepping into the doorway. I hope he didn’t plan on meeting me again, I couldn’t handle that.

I watched as he stepped lightly away from the door and back down the street.

“Could help you with something little filly?”

I turned my head, infront of me a yellow and brown striped maned, yellow coated mare stood infront of me. She smiled at me real sweetly, “Hehe, hey Silly! My name is Binky! You got something in mind for yourself?”

“Hehe” I chuckled awardly, “Ah suppose I do…”

Author's Note:

Alright, the next chapter will be out in (7-14) Days! ^-^

I'm also in the process of starting "Fluttercrinkle (The Remake)" So it'll be out in (1-7) Days! ^3^

Have a nice day! ~England