• Published 2nd Apr 2012
  • 11,416 Views, 485 Comments

PonyFall: Rainbows - Silverness



During a phenomenon, a human discovers a female with rainbow colored hair...

  • ...
83
 485
 11,416

Midnight Talks

Ponyfall: Rainbows

Chapter Five - Midnight Talks

Edited by Darth Dash & TheSlorg

April 13th (Night)

A loud crash broke through my pleasant dreams of fighting the most powerful Sith ever. I grumbled in my bed, covering my head with a pillow before realizing what had occurred. My head shot up a few seconds later, and my eyes darted around the room, searching for the source of the noise. I didn’t have any clue where it came from, all I could tell was that it was near, and that it was inside the house. That could only mean one thing.

“Rainbow Dash...” I muttered under my breath, sighing as I pulled away the covers and sat upright on the edge of my bed. My brain throbbed for more sleep, but this was more important. I had to make sure my little guest was sleeping or else I’d have to search the house for her. Whatever made that loud crash would probably lead me to her, if I could find out what that thing was.

I got off the bed, rubbing the sleep from my eyes as I opened the door and entered the quiet hallway to the living room. There was nothing out of the ordinary from what I could see. I walked a little further, checking each door for a small opening or light. There were none, which made me worry. I continued into the living room, peeking over the couch where Dash slept. Only the blanket and pillow remained; the sheets were thrown to the side where she had woken up and got up to who knows where.

“Rainbow Dash? Are you there?” I called out, my drowsiness replaced with concern.

No response.

I quickly scampered into the kitchen, checking every single place she could’ve been in. The fridge wasn’t open and no sign of her could be seen around. I ran back and checked the bathroom, finding it unused since the morning. Stopping for a moment, I decided to take the opportunity to use it before going back to my search.

I searched all over the house for the Equestrian, but there wasn’t a soul to be found other than the quiet chirping of crickets in the night. There wasn’t even a sign of anything broken on the floor. I sighed, wondering where she could have run off to, when suddenly a soft, yet audible sneeze sounded from outside. Stopping in my tracks, I tiptoed my way over to the back door and looked through the screen.

There was nothing to be found on the porch steps. I scratched my head, again wondering where Rainbow Dash could have gotten off to. She wouldn’t have run away, would she? I had no idea, but if she did then I have to find her before she got into some kind of trouble.

I rushed back into the house and pulled open a few drawers inside the kitchen. I found the green flashlight my dad bought a long time ago, which had been useful in many situations. Uncapping the bottom, two batteries fell into my palm and I threw them aside. The drawer beside the one where I found the flashlight had a box full of C batteries. I took out a pair and replaced the older ones, then recapped the flashlight. It turned on as soon as I pressed the power button and I quickly darted back outside.

Rainbow Dash had to be around here somewhere. If she wasn’t here, then where was she?

________________________________

Rainbow Dash

*Minutes Earlier*

“Ugh, why can’t I open this?” I grumbled. “It’s bad enough that I’m stuck here, but this? This is just... humiliating.” The window sill shook with whatever grip I could get hold of, but the darn thing wouldn’t budge. I even tried pulling it open, but there weren’t any latches or handles. Nothing. Even when I pushed the entire thing, it didn’t help.

“Come on! Open up alread-”

“Huh? Watisitz?”

I stopped in my tracks and covered my mouth. Great, now I was in for it. Cody would come in here, ask me what I was up to, and force me to go to bed. Yeah, that was all I needed - somepony to stop my escape. What a joy that would be to explain to a guy trying to keep you locked in a house. Well, it wasn’t gonna happen this time. I was getting out of there no matter what.

A few minutes passed without any shadows appearing in the moonlight over in the hallway. Strange, did he fall back to sleep? I didn’t know, but I had to make sure. Moving as silently as a ninja, I crept over to the edge of the bathroom and peeked around the corner. Cody’s door remained closed and hopefully locked. I took a deep breath, thankful that he’d fallen back to sleep.

That was Way. Too. Close. Aaand a little reckless, even for me, I thought as I crawled my way back to the shower. The socks made the trip a little difficult and almost made me slip twice. Then again, they were comfortable, and they kept my hind legs and... feet... warm. Actually, I think I’m just gonna call them hooves for now since it sounds way better and I really don’t care for the word feet. Sounds lame if you think about it.

“Alright, window, listen up! You’re... going... to... open!” I grunted quietly, going back to the task at hoof. My ‘hands’ slipped from the side countless times, but that wasn’t going to stop me. I’d break the darn thing if I had to. The window would creak slightly, but wouldn’t move as my grip failed after each attempt, and I began to grow frustrated over how a dumb window was all that was standing between me and freedom.

Everything would’ve been so much easier as a pony. I could have opened those windows easily with a simple push. Heck, I could’ve done it even faster if I’d still had my wings. But no, I had these fingers, claws... or whatever the heck they were, and they were becoming a pain in my flank.

“Why... won’t... you... open?!” I asked the window, pushing it in another attempt. A small opening creaked out, but wasn't enough to see through it. I placed a hand on the side, making sure to get a good grip this time and pushed the window forward. When nothing happened, I tried sideways and it creaked open more. Finally, some progress. Why didn’t I think of this before?

My efforts were gifted when the window slid open after all my attempts. A cold fresh breeze greeted me, blowing strands of mane in my eyes. I brushed them aside, watching Princess Luna’s moon shine above me and into the bathroom. If you could squint enough, you could see a darker gray outline to it. I thought it was funny seeing Luna’s moon so far away instead of being close. I figured it looked better and way more awesome than it was now.

“Thank Celestia, the moon still looks the same,” I said, thankful for the familiar sight.

I stared up at the moon for a while, noticing it was in one of those phases Twilight mentioned during her stargazing experiment. Not that I really cared for it, but she did mention that the moon had nine phases. Or was that eight? Either way, the moon seemed to represent one of them since half of it was missing, but still provided the necessary light to create a beautiful night.

A smile crossed my lips as I looked up at window, suddenly remembering the task at hand. The window sill wasn’t that tall, but I was unsure whether I’d be able to fit through the opening. I knew there was no other choice since I couldn’t grab the doorknob in the kitchen or find another escape route.

I took a deep breath, heaved myself up, grabbed hold of the edge on the other side, and finally pushed myself through the window. Until something stopped my progress. I stopped and turned around to find that my flank was stuck.

“Oh, you’ve gotta be kidding me,” I grumbled, placing my hands on the wall to push harder. “Alright... one... two... th-”

Before I could say three, my flank plopped straight through the opening and I tumbled into a weird patch of grass. Instead of a soft landing, my head banged against a hard rock-like object that made a huge clanking sound. A sharp pain shot through my head like the times I slammed into the ground by accident, and I fell with a thud as two of those rock objects fell on top of me.

“Pfft! Ew, what is this stuff...” I spat out a few things I was unsure of; I’m not even sure I want to know. A few colorful boxes were strewn all over the place with other squishy substances that would’ve made Rarity faint. A banana peel rested on top of me head and stuck to my mane to create a sticky mess. Other used food, among other things, was scattered about. I could smell a strange odor coming from them.

I sniffed the air, jerking my head back in disgust. “Ugh, gross! This stuff is disgusting! Why do they even keep things like this in here?” I exclaimed, flicking a wrapper off me and shaking the banana peel off my head. As I did, a sharp pain shot forward and took me by surprise.

“Ow... My head.” I lifted a hand to my head, wincing when I touched the bump there. What did I hit? I thought, turning to the two fallen trash cans. “Oh.” I slapped one of the cans, hearing the same sound as before. “That explains my bump.” It could be worse. I could’ve broken a leg or bone. Maybe even a concussion, but thank Celestia I seemed fine.

I wasn’t expecting the grass to feel that soft. It must have been some sort of alien grass. I picked up a small patch, feeling the strands in my hands. It looked exactly like the grass in Equestria, only much smoother. The color seemed off instead of the bright green I was used to seeing. I brushed away the tiny pieces, watching them join their brethren on the ground. “Yup, alien grass.”

“Rainbow Dash? Are you there?” a familiar, yet unwanted voice came from inside the house.

I blinked in shock, raising my head up to the window where the voice was coming from. It sounded close, but with a distant echo from a large area. If that was who I thought it was, then I had no time to waste.

Slowly, I picked myself up on all fours, ignoring the pain from my head. Now wasn’t the time to be concerned about such injuries. Besides, I’m Rainbow Dash! A simple head injury won’t keep me down for long.

A door opened somewhere behind the house, followed by the sound of footsteps. I realized it would be a matter of time before Cody found me standing in that gross mess. And I knew for a fact that I wasn’t about to lose my new found freedom just yet.

Acting quickly, I scampered away from the house down the gray path. I didn’t care where it took me. Just anywhere but there. I didn’t stop, keeping my eyes towards the bright light in the distance. With every step, the ground felt harder than before and much more painful than I thought.

I slowed to a stop, shaking my hands from all the running. They were both red from the ground, but thank Celestia there wasn’t any blood. Behind me, the house became a distant memory of the past few hours. The lights weren’t on, which led me to believe that Cody was still searching outside. I took a moment to pull myself up onto my hind legs using one of the many big poles that seemed to be everywhere in this world. My legs wobbled uneasily and, as annoying as it was, I had to keep using the pole for support. How lame.

Finally, after much humiliation, I managed to stand upright on both legs. There wasn’t much to see from here, just the same old houses, fences, and yards. Nothing special, but the accomplishment was awesome enough. I looked up, raising my hands in the air to get a take of what the weather felt like. The same cold fresh air breezed down my face. I closed my eyes, smiled, and took a deep breath. It smelled weird, unlike the sweet Equestrian air I used to know, but air was air. A few strands of my hair blew into my eyes, but I didn’t care. I was finally free to go find the others for their own sakes.

I took a few steps down the road as I thought about what had happened that day. So much had happened in such a short amount of time, it was kind of hard to sort it all out. Cody seemed like an okay guy, but the fact was that my friends were somewhere out there, and I’d spent an entire day doing almost nothing about it. There was no way I was gonna leave my friends hanging.

There was also no way I was going to stick around at Cody’s house any longer. So, as I came upon a crossroad, I considered the three remaining paths before me. Each led to uncertainty, and for a moment I found myself wishing I had my wings. I really had no idea where to look, but any place would be better than here. I decided to head down one of the streets at random. All the confusing numbers and letters on the signs made it so I couldn’t tell where I was going, and I walked onward for what seemed like hours. Just when I began to wonder how I was going to find my friends in such a strange place as this, I noticed movement from the corner of my eye down a dimly lit alley.

The last thing I needed was for another one of those humans to catch me and drag me back to Cody’s place, so I hid behind a big metal box that, from the smell of it, was full of trash. I peeked my head around the corner and looked back down the alley.

It was hard to tell what was going on because it was so dark. The only light in the alley was a weak, flickering one attached to the side of some building. Loose pieces of paper and other trash littered the ground and scattered around whenever the wind picked up. The poor lighting cast long shadows over everything, and made the whole place look almost creepy.

Some of the shadows moved, and I quickly ducked back down to avoid from being seen. Not that I was scared or anything. It’s just that without my wings, and not being used to having long, skinny legs, I knew that I was nowhere near as fast as I usually am. It was best to be careful.

There were two of them. Both human, if I judged the shapes correctly. One was moving weird, using quick, silent movements to get closer to the other, who didn’t seem to notice. Kind of like a cat preparing to pounce on a mouse almost. I didn’t understand why a human would move like that towards another human, though. It was actually kind of... what’s the word? Fascinating.

Suddenly and without warning, the stalking human was on the other one. It moved one of its forehooves and quickly jabbed it into the other’s stomach. Once, twice, three times. The other one grunted, stumbled backwards and fell to the ground, where it remained unmoving.

Had I just seen a fight? Between two humans? If I had, it hadn’t been much of a fight. The second human hadn’t put up much of a struggle at all, it just kind of took the beating and gave up. The first human ducked down and started rifling through the other’s clothes, and I crept forward to get a better look.

That’s when I accidentally knocked into an empty can on the ground.

The human looked up, startled. It had seen me! But instead of rushing towards me to take me back to Cody, the human stood up and ran the other way, dropping something in the process. It fell to the ground with a metallic clink.

What the hay was with these humans? None of their actions made any sense to me. I prepared myself to move on, but I heard another small groan from the human who had lost the fight. He must have been pretty weak to go down so quickly. Or maybe the other one had been really strong. It didn’t seem right to leave him there when he might be hurt, so I slowly stood back up and crept down the alleyway.

“H-hello?” I called hesitantly. The only answer was another soft moan. “H-hey, you alright?”

What was I even doing out here for? I needed to be off and finding my friends, not checking up on some random human. But something made me keep walking anyway. Something didn’t seem right, the guy should have gotten up by now.

“Uh, hey. Did you get the wind knocked out of ya?” I asked as I approached the human. It was the only thing I could think of that might have kept anyone down for so long.

When I finally arrived, I was able to see the human more clearly. He was curled up into a ball and clutching his stomach where the other one had hit him. He looked up at me with grey eyes that I don’t think ever really actually saw me. The look in those eyes spoke of pain, fear, and disbelief. A moment later, they spoke of nothing at all as they glazed over, continuing to stare sightlessly at me.

The reality of what happened hit me just then. I looked down at where the guy was holding his stomach and saw blood. Nearby, the object that the other human had dropped glinted in the light. A knife. I hadn’t just witnessed a fight... I’d witnessed someone getting killed!

I lurched backwards, away from the body. How could this happen? Why would a human ever want to kill another human? For what? Were there warring tribes? Had I been sent to a world at war? How was I going to find my friends if I had to hide from every human in sight?

For the first time since arriving in that cursed land, I felt truly helpless. I hadn’t even helped the guy who got killed. If I had shown myself sooner... would that have stopped it from happening? Or would I have been killed too? If only I had my wings and wasn’t trapped in this ridiculous body, maybe I could have done something. Anything.

I hadn’t been fast enough to stop Discord, either. I’d had my wings then, but it hadn’t mattered. What use was I like this? I’d be no help at all to my friends. No help to anyone.

No.

That kind of thinking wasn’t going to get me anywhere. I’m Rainbow Dash for pony’s sake. I would find a way to help, even if it meant swallowing my pride and going back to the one human who I might actually be able to trust. But first, I needed to get out of that alley before the crazy human came back.

I scrambled back into the street and left the scene, retracing my steps to Cody’s house. Through the journey, my thoughts traced back to the corpse. His lifeless stare brought a shudder to my spine, serving as a reminder of what I had seen. The more I thought on the matter, the more it didn’t make sense. I tried to avoid the entire matter and buried it in my mind.

No matter how hard I tried, the scene would repeat again and show the human’s face. Everything would be clear. The attack, the guy’s final act, and the blood. Everything.

In the distance, I could see the crossroads I had gone through. The same wooden pole marked the direction where I could find Cody’s house. See? Landmarks were so much better than these confusing signs.

I approached the spot, turning onto the street I believed was Cody’s. Sure enough, the houses were similar to what I remembered. Beyond those houses, one stood out due to the light coming from the windows. That must be Cody’s house. There was no doubt about it.

As I reached the house, a shadow appeared from the side. I stopped in my tracks, taking a careful look at the human. He was examining something in his hands, a long tube of some kind. Nothing seemed odd about it, but the events of before screamed “death” all over. I slowly backed away from him, taking extra precautions to avoid the guy.

Crack!

Ponyfeathers. I carefully lifted my hoof, seeing the pieces of a broken twig. The shadow now looked in my direction and I froze. What was he going to do? Attack me like the other guy did? If he did, then he would be sorry he messed with Rainbow Dash. I waited for his reaction whether it was friendly or not. Finally, he raised the long tube he was holding and aimed it at my head.

Before he could do anything else, I rushed forward at the shadow and was prepared to tackle him to the ground. A bright light halted my attack, but not my course. I shielded my eyes from the brightness with an arm, trying to get a glimpse at the attacker before he could finish me off.

“Rainbow Dash?”

That voice... I stopped my advance after hearing the familiar voice ring nearby. When the light subsided slightly, I peeked from under my arm and checked to see who the man was. He wore a gray jacket and the same blue jeans from earlier . Dark brown hair matted his head and were the same color as his eyes. In his hands, a glowing tube -- where the light came from -- shined continuous light. Instantly, I recognized the person before me.

“Cody?”

__________________________

Cody’s Present

April 14th, 2012

“Cody?”

I stopped waving my flashlight around, turning around to face a young girl wearing blue jeans and a big t-shirt. Her rose eyes flashed concern, but also confusion in my direction. The polychromatic strands in her eyes were also a dead give away to who the girl was. “Huh? Rainbow Dash?”

Rainbow Dash shuffled closer, putting on a weak smile. “Yeah, what’s up?”

“Hey... nothing much,” I said. “Where did you go?” I didn’t know what else to add to the awkward silence. She didn’t even look happy or mad at me. She seemed more nervous than anything else based on the way she was looking at me, but her voice rang true of the cyan pegasus.

“Look, I-I um... The thing is...” Rainbow tried to say, but couldn’t find the words to complete the sentence.

Rainbow Dash took a deep breath. “I escaped the house by using the kitchen window where I got stuck. I pulled myself out, but crashed into these hard metal containers full of junk. Do you guys always keep trash in there?”

"Of course, it is a trash can after all. And I can tell based on the awful stench you have.”

Rainbow muttered under her breath, something about rain under a cloud. “Anyways, I ran off before you could find me and found myself lost. I walked for a while, but then I saw something and... I decided to check out what was going on, but....” She paused for a moment before continuing. “I ended up seeing a fight going on between these two guys and... a-and he just killed him!”

“What!?” I exclaimed. “Are you okay? What happened, when was this?”

I stared at her while watching her explain what happened. When she came to the end, I stood there, stunned in place as I realized the gravity of the situation. Rainbow Dash had sought to go help her friends on her own, but had ended up witnessing a murder.

“How could that even happen!?” Rainbow shouted, kicking the ground in frustration. “It didn’t make any sense. I was this close to taking matters into my own hooves.” She made a small gap in-between her hands. “This close! But I didn’t do anything, and now he’s dead. I should be glad that I didn’t get myself killed, but that guy? What did he to do to deserve that?!”

“Rainbow, I get it. You’re angry with what happened, but think about it. If you went in there, then you would’ve died.”

“No, you don’t get it! That person could’ve been me! It could’ve been you or maybe even somepony else, and I could’ve stopped it!” Rainbow argued. Her head drooped to the ground, her eyes staring at nothing in particular. “He didn’t even have a chance... she didn’t have one either...” she muttered.

“Huh? What was that?” I asked.

“Nothing! Look, just mind your own business! I don’t really want to talk about it,” Rainbow finished, crossing her arms.

“But, then how ar-”

“Drop it,” she simply answered.

“But?”

“Drop. It,” she said much more forcefully this time.

“Fine,” I sighed. I had no idea what to say or where to go from there, but Dash surprised me.

“I’m sorry,” she mumbled, eyes to the ground.

“What was that?”

“Don’t push it!” she growled. Then, noticing the look I gave her, she lowered her voice. “I’m sorry,” she repeated. “I guess I shouldn’t have run off alone. It’s just...” her voice became a whisper, “I wanted to find my friends.”

So that’s what it was all about. She just wanted to get back to her friends, and thought that she’d be better off trying it alone. What a horrible way to find out you were wrong...

“Hey,” I began. “Do you... well, would you be opposed to letting me help you?”

Dash continued to avoid my eyes, clearly ashamed of her actions. Or perhaps she was seeing the murder in her mind all over again. “Yeah. I’d like that,” she admitted finally.

From somewhere not too far off, the sound of sirens could be heard heading in our direction. Someone else must have spotted the body and reported it. I was torn between the fact that Rainbow could probably describe the murderer to police, but there was no way I could let her get involved. I’d just have to hope that the guy got caught without our help.

“Let’s go back then,” I said. “I’ll do whatever I can to help you find your friends, I promise.”

Hearing those words, Dash was finally able to look me in the eye. After a moment’s hesitation, she nodded and we made our way back home.

______________________

I sat down on my computer chair, already logged into the internet. I promised myself I wasn’t going to go to bed until I found evidence of another Equestrian for Dash’s sake. Before checking anywhere else, I decided to check the main pony sites to see if any of the bronies knew anything. My first stop was Equestria Daily. There was nothing of significance, besides talk of the skies and how the military was trying to start the zombie apocalypse. So I moved on. Next came Fimfiction. Maybe there was something in the chat where most of the gossip and fun was at.[00:21] *** Silverness has joined #fimfiction

[00:21] (Chase_Nimble) the Season 2 finale will be a 2 parter

[00:22] (TheFlyingWelshman) I know, sounds like it'll be pretty cool

[00:22] (Chase_Nimble) I can't wait to see what happens

[00:22] (Chase_Nimble) Hopefully Luna will be involved

[00:22] (TheFlyingWelshman) I feel like that's given them more room to work with

[00:22] (TheFlyingWelshman) probably, how can they have an hour without putting her in there

[00:23] (Chase_Nimble) yeah

[00:23] (TheFlyingWelshman) well, about an hour

[00:23] (TheFlyingWelshman) so potatoes...

[00:23] (TheFlyingWelshman) and ponies

[00:23] (TheFlyingWelshman) they both have po at the beginning

[00:23] (Chase_Nimble) we should make a potato pony

[00:23] (TheFlyingWelshman) related

The IRC was expectedly a nest of mindless rabble. Potatoes and ponies, that was new. Strangely though, most of the users seemed to be idle. Let’s see if they know anything.

[00:23] (Silverness) Hey guys

[00:24] (Silverness) what's up

[00:24] (TheFlyingWelshman) hmm?

[00:24] (Chase_Nimble) potatos

[00:24] (Chase_Nimble) and ponies

[00:24] (TheFlyingWelshman) probably

[00:24] (TheFlyingWelshman) what else would it be

[00:24] (Silverness) Potatoes? Why potatoes?

[00:24] (TheFlyingWelshman) because they are high in starch

[00:24] (TheFlyingWelshman) why else

[00:25] (Chase_Nimble) and very useful

[00:25] (Silverness) Right... anyway, did anyone see those pink skies a few hours ago?

[00:25] (TheFlyingWelshman) yeah...what of it?

[00:25] (Chase_Nimble) yeah but i did just down 3 monsters and I thought i was high

[00:25] (Chase_Nimble) so yeah

[00:25] (TheFlyingWelshman) seems a likely cause

[00:25] (Silverness) Did you notice anything strange happen? Also, why would you drink 3 monsters? I heard they could kill you if you drank two.

[00:25] (Chase_Nimble) yeah i should probably see a doctor

[00:26] (TheFlyingWelshman) I could have gone briefly mad so that is possible

[00:26] (TheFlyingWelshman) ummm he had the help of magic, and friendship... but mostly magic

[00:26] (Silverness) Um... I asked a question?

[00:26] (TheFlyingWelshman) apart from the skies?

[00:27] (TheFlyingWelshman) because pink skies are pretty odd...

[00:27] (TheFlyingWelshman) but apart from that I didn't notice anything

[00:27] (Silverness) Strange... are you sure?

[00:27] (TheFlyingWelshman) why do you ask?

[00:27] (Silverness) Are you positive? Nothing out of the ordinary?

[00:27] *** Cowboy_Appledash has joined #irc-ponies

[00:28] (TheFlyingWelshman) yes, I'm certain... are you alright. You're not seeing like things flying around the room or anything... right

[00:28] (Silverness) I'm sure I'm alright.

[00:28] (Silverness) Which brings me to another question.

[00:28] (Cowboy_Appledash) Howdy howdy ladies.

[00:29] (Silverness) What would you do if you found a pony from Equestria?

[00:29] (TheFlyingWelshman) umm, I am a man... I think

[00:29] (Cowboy_Appledash) lolwut

[00:29] (Cowboy_Appledash) Are you on dope Silverness?

[00:29] (TheFlyingWelshman) umm... probably nothing. Don't really know

[00:29] (TheFlyingWelshman) this brings back the crazy subject.

[00:29] (Silverness) I'm quite sure I ain't.

[00:30] == Chase_Nimble [webchat@3f38bee0.24862c5a.res.rr.com] has quit [Ping timeout: 360 seconds]

[00:30] (Cowboy_Appledash) Crazy subject? Like batshit crazy wearing funny jackets?

[00:30] (Silverness) What about you mister um... Appledash, did you notice the pink skies today?

[00:31] (TheFlyingWelshman) sounds pretty accurate

[00:31] (Cowboy_Appledash) You sure 'bout that? Yeah, I seen pink. What of it?

[00:31] (Silverness) Did you notice anything out of the ordinary?

[00:31] (Cowboy_Appledash) Also smelled some kinda funky chocolatey shit. I figure it's some new weird fertilizer.

[00:31] (Silverness) Yeah, fudge or chocolate right?

[00:32] (Silverness) Not sure which, but probably fudge.

[00:32] (Cowboy_Appledash) Pretty much yeah. Also found some weird broad in a cornfield. The best part, she was naked.

[00:32] (TheFlyingWelshman) chocolate fertilizer, both disgusting and delicious

[00:32] (TheFlyingWelshman) So what did you... do?

[00:32] (Silverness) Wait... you found a girl in a cornfield?

Just like I did. I better pursue further.

[00:33] (Cowboy_Appledash) Shoulda seen the rack on her man. Perfection. Also had a bunch of freckles everywhere.

[00:33] (Silverness) Freckles... Um, did she have a stetson cowboy hat?

[00:33] (TheFlyingWelshman) uh huh, well this is getting a bit more strange...

[00:33] (Cowboy_Appledash) Yeah, I think she was high or somethin'. She's here at my place passed out on the couch.

[00:33] (Cowboy_Appledash) I don't think so, didn't really stop to look for one.

[00:34] (Silverness) Really now? Um, does she have blonde hair?

[00:34] (Cowboy_Appledash) But if you think she needs a hat, I've got a George Strait Resistol she could probably wear.

[00:34] (Cowboy_Appledash) Blonde hair is an affirmative.

[00:34] (Cowboy_Appledash) Strong too, she damn near knocked me out.

Did he find? No, it can't be. Did he really find her?

[00:35] (Silverness) Wow, must've been a very strong girl.

[00:35] (Cowboy_Appledash) I'm pretty sure she was on drugs or somethin' cause she was claiming to be Applejack.

[00:36] (TheFlyingWelshman) well that's a load of bull.

[00:36] (Cowboy_Appledash) Gotta hand it to her, she's got the voice down pretty good.

[00:37] (Cowboy_Appledash) That's what I said. I called 'bullshit' at least twenty times.

[00:37] (Silverness) Oh really now? Well that sounds like she was drunk.

[00:37] (TheFlyingWelshman) I probably would have done the same

[00:37] (Cowboy_Appledash) Nah, she didn't reek of booze.

[00:37] (Silverness) Well, I thank you guys for answering my questions, but I need to get back to working at the grill

[00:38] (Cowboy_Appledash) Still smells like that fudgey shit.

[00:38] (TheFlyingWelshman) alright, make sure to see your psychologist

[00:38] (Silverness) Yup, thanks

[00:38] (Cowboy_Appledash) Later.

I decided to query this “Cowboy_Appledash” to see if he could clarify his answers. It would be weird spouting out more of this on the main chat because they’d think we’re crazy. Perhaps it's a little late for that.

[00:39] (Silverness) Hey man

[00:39] (Silverness) are you there?

[00:40] (Cowboy_Appledash) Yeah...

[00:40] (Silverness) Sorry about querying you, but since you mentioned finding a girl naked in a cornfield claiming to be Applejack; I had to ask.

[00:41] (Silverness) Were you being serious there?

[00:41] (Cowboy_Appledash) You gotta fetish for that kinda stuff?

[00:41] (Cowboy_Appledash) Yep, serious as a heart attack. Why?

[00:41] (Silverness) NO

[00:42] (Silverness) I'm just curious

[00:42] (Cowboy_Appledash) Uh huh... Pray tell, why are you curious?

[00:42] (Silverness) Well, I'm not sure I should trust you. But, you answered my questions...

[00:42] (Cowboy_Appledash) Shouldn't trust me? Dude, I resisted the urge to fondle a naked chick in a cornfield. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as trustworthy.

[00:43] (Silverness) If you’re telling the truth, you’ve won some points, but that doesn't mean much.

[00:43] (Cowboy_Appledash) Is there a specific reason for all of this?

[00:43] (Silverness) I was curious because today behind my house I found a girl in my backyard.

[00:43] (Cowboy_Appledash) Really now? Let me guess. She had purple hair or somethin' an was claiming to be a pony?

[00:44] (Silverness) not exactly

[00:44] (Cowboy_Appledash) I know April Fools day was a while ago but damn, I think these idiots are a little slow.

[00:44] (Silverness) More like rainbow hair claiming to be Rainbow Dash

[00:44] (Cowboy_Appledash) Bullshit... Did you bang her?

[00:45] (Silverness) WHAT? NO!

[00:45] (Cowboy_Appledash) I would, she sounds hot.

[00:45] (Silverness) Wow, I think you're being serious.

[00:46] (Cowboy_Appledash) RD is pretty awesome after all.

[00:46] (Cowboy_Appledash) I'm always serious mate.

[00:46] (Silverness) Yeah, she is.

[00:46] (Cowboy_Appledash) So you ain't bullshitting me here. You found a crazy broad claiming to be the best pony?

[00:47] (Silverness) I brought her into my house like you did, but... I think that was the wrong idea in a way.

[00:47] (Cowboy_Appledash) Did she walk around on her hands and feet too?

[00:47] (Silverness) No, I'm not bullshitting you. I found a girl claiming to be the best pony as you say.

[00:47] (Silverness) Well, she did walk on her hands and feet, had a raspy voice, claimed to be Rainbow Dash

[00:47] (Cowboy_Appledash) I swear dude, if she decked you like this one did me, we might have a bit of an issue.

[00:47] (Silverness) Then proceeded to beat the hell out of me... sooo yeah.

[00:47] (Cowboy_Appledash) Jesus Christ. This ain't right.

[00:48] (Silverness) I know right, but she mentioned Discord as if I was with him.

[00:48] (Cowboy_Appledash) If this shit is real, ain't no telling what'll happen.

[00:48] (Cowboy_Appledash) Same here.

[00:48] (Silverness) I'm not sure what to make of it; I had to knock her out, but I think I really hurt my fist doing that.

[00:49] (Cowboy_Appledash) Thing is, I can catch a liar pretty damn quick, and she seemed to be telling the truth.

[00:49] (Cowboy_Appledash) You punched the girl? You want me to whoop your ass now or later?

[00:49] (Silverness) What the hell was I supposed to do?! She was beating me up as if I was trying to kill her!

[00:50] (Cowboy_Appledash) Well, get around her. Don't punch her. Do like I did, and put her in a headlock of some sort.

[00:50] (Silverness) I didn't hurt her that bad, only a small cut, which I fixed myself with the first aid kit.

[00:50] (Cowboy_Appledash) Then you interrogate.

[00:50] (Silverness) Actually, I already did that

[00:51] (Cowboy_Appledash) Already did what? Interrogate?

[00:51] (Silverness) She pretty much claimed to be Rainbow Dash, talked about Discord, what happened before she woke up and a small little agreement we made.

[00:51] (Cowboy_Appledash) Which was?

[00:51] (Silverness) I help her find her friends, she can stay at my house, unless you decides to trash it.

[00:51] (Silverness) She*

[00:51] (Cowboy_Appledash) I don't think I've gotten that far yet. So you actually think she's the real deal? If so, I may have to rethink my actions toward 'Applejack' here.

[00:52] (Silverness) I still didn't trust her, but this other girl gave me a huge lecture about why would she lie if she's on an unknown world?

[00:52] (Silverness) But yeah, I was pretty reluctant at first, thinking she was just a really good actress.

[00:52] (Cowboy_Appledash) Yep. It's pretty safe to say that we may be dealing with the real thing here. Tell ya what, I'll talk to this girl some more an try to dig up some more information. If too many things mesh together, then we gotta find the others.

[00:52] (Cowboy_Appledash) If that happens, we got a manhunt on our hands.

[00:52] (Cowboy_Appledash) Or would that be ponyhunt?

[00:52] (Silverness) Sounds fair and yeah, I think it would be a ponyhunt.

[00:53] (Cowboy_Appledash) Ok then, well, I assume neither you or I will be on here all that much. How do I get a hold of you?

[00:53] (Silverness) Um, I guess the chat would be fine, if not then email?

[00:54] (Cowboy_Appledash) That'll work, I could probably give you my cell number as well since I tend to not check my email all that much.

[00:54] (Silverness) alright

[00:54] (Cowboy_Appledash) (555) 276-1565

[00:54] (Cowboy_Appledash) There ya go mate.

[00:55] (Silverness) thanks, here's mine

[00:55] (Silverness) (555) 452-7412

[00:55] (Cowboy_Appledash) I think I hear her making some noise upstairs, hit me up later. I gotta go find out what's going on.

[00:56] (Silverness) By the way, before we both leave, um... how exactly does one apologize to Rainbow Dash after kind of lying to her?

[00:56] (Cowboy_Appledash) Make up sex? I dunno. Later.

[00:56] (Silverness) o.o okay then... later.

[00:56] * Cowboy_Appledash has quit

I sighed in relief at my findings. I was glad that I had found someone else, and in just one evening too. I knew Rainbow Dash would be very happy to hear the news. I’m not sure about that Cowboy Appledash guy though. He had Applejack, and from the way he spoke to me, he seemed quite knowledgeable in being an ass. I guess he was worried about Rainbow Dash’s safety and wanted to make sure Applejack was happy about that. Well, why else would he be acting the way he did on the chat?

I shrugged off it off, knowing that tomorrow was a big day and new surprises may be in store. Hopefully, nothing like today would be coming up in the days to follow or else I’d suddenly question my sanity. I yawned, checking the time and seeing that it was one in the morning, an hour after the talk with Rainbow Dash.

“Ugh, that explains my want for sleep,” I grumbled, slowly getting out of the chair and threw myself into the bed. I bounced up once before lying still on the comfortable mattress where my current thoughts were replaced by the relaxing thought of wonderful sleep before I drifted off into slumber once again.

Author's Note:

Credit to Darth_Dash and TheSlorg for edited this chapter. Sorry that it took so long. And yes, major credit to TheSlorg for helping with the murder scene. If any of you just went straight down here to read the notes, then you just spoiled it for yourselves. Still need a few chapters before the timeline is completely fixed.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. And for the IRC part, I blame centered alignment.