• Published 2nd Apr 2012
  • 11,417 Views, 485 Comments

PonyFall: Rainbows - Silverness



During a phenomenon, a human discovers a female with rainbow colored hair...

  • ...
83
 485
 11,417

Prologue

Ponyfall: Rainbows

Prologue

Edited by: Darth_Dash & J_Xayph

Ponyville - Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash’s day seemed almost perfect. She had stayed asleep in her cozy, warm cloud bed to enjoy her day off after a long week of keeping the Ponyville skies clear. Dreams of becoming a Wonderbolt kept her in a deep slumber, a thin grin plastered on her face as she slept. That was, until the warmness of her bed left her and she realized that she was falling through the air, her house flying off as if it had sprouted wings.

Dash had chased after it, her house flying dangerously over the small town she lived in. Finally, after a long chase across the skies, she caught it nearby Fluttershy’s cottage before it reached the Everfree Forest. By then, her house looked even worse than before with most of the rainbow water gone. Not only that, but Fluttershy’s cottage had disappeared. In its place was a big plump dragon with diamonds covering almost every inch of its scales. Fluttershy had been clinging onto one of its teeth, dangling from the dragon’s gaping maw. Her screams only made the situation worse, sending Rainbow Dash into action. With unparalleled speed, Rainbow dashed in, bucking the dragon square in the jaw, breaking off one of its teeth. That moment of blinding pain made it throw Fluttershy straight into the air, where she was soon caught by Rainbow. Together they flew off, having only suffered a few minor scratches and a couple slightly singed tails from dodging the random roaring jets of flame the dragon shot forth in retaliation.

Now, they were back in Ponyville: the epicenter of the chaos. Rainbow had a guess as to who was responsible from the start, based on all of the crazy stuff happening around town. She had seen this once before, a few months ago when she lost her true self. The culprit, Discord, the Spirit of Chaos, had almost won that day, but Twilight Sparkle ended up saving the five of them, and together they had defeated Discord... or so they thought. Clearly, they hadn’t done a good enough job, considering the fact that Dash could clearly see the draconequus right in front of her.

Discord stood in the center of town square, surrounded by floating boxes that were once buildings, circular flowers the size of large oak trees, and ponies seemed to be running about in the sky whether they were a pegasus or not. Dash looked at the wide grin across his face, concentrating on the pony he held within his claws. She couldn’t see who exactly the pony was, but she seemed to be struggling to free herself from Discord’s grasp. Another pony stood by her, majestic in her white coat, wearing a golden tiara above her celestial rainbow hair. It could only be one pony, but what exactly was Princess Celestia doing here? Had Discord done something bad enough to make come here and deal with him herself?

“Hey Applejack!” Rainbow called to her stetson-bearing, blonde-maned rival. “Don’t tell me I missed all the fighting.” She didn’t glance back at her, only staring at the situation unfolding before them. The pegasus frowned, waving her hoof to get Applejack’s attention. When that didn’t work, she grumbled angrily and walked over to her ear. “Hello! Anypony home?” No response.

“Hey! I’m talking to you Applejack! Can’t you se-” Before Rainbow could finish, Applejack grabbed her and turned her around to the scene unfolding before them. Princess Celestia and Discord were in a heated argument with each other. Discord laughed once the Princess stomped her hoof at the ground, apparently unphased by the sun goddess’s fury. At first, the pegasus couldn’t understand why they were fighting, but it all became clear when she caught a glimpse at who the pony struggling against Discord’s vice-like grasp was. It was none other than Princess Luna.

No! The Princess! Rainbow was barely able to contain herself as anger began to cloud her thoughts. She looked at the Princess of the Night, gasping for breaths in her struggle, and then at the evil fiend that held her captive. He seemed to be enjoying it. Nobody hurts my friends... Nobody!

Discord smirked and looked back at Luna, not giving the six ponies or Celestia any thought. “Do my words not impress you? What about my latest interpretation of Ponyville? Does it not just scream chaos?” he asked, imitating her fearful expression.


Nobody responded to his comment, the howling wind breaking the silence as Luna struggled for freedom. Instead, they stared angrily at Discord, whose expression changed to one of boredom. “Very well then. I suppose I’ll just have to make things more interesting for you all,” he said as his right paw flared with pink magic. Luna’s eyes widened in fear as Celestia watched in frozen horror. Discord only grinned, moving his glowing paw towards Luna.

Finally, Rainbow Dash couldn’t contain herself any longer. “Oh no you don’t!” she yelled. She quickly unfurled her wings and took off, charging at the draconequus.

Discord’s grin grew inch by inch as his paw slowly got closer to Luna. Rainbow Dash gained full speed, hearing her friends charge right behind her in an effort to defeat Discord. Before they could reach him, however, magic suddenly discharged from Luna’s horn, clashing with Discord’s, and caused a sudden shockwave of raw, unbridled energy expanding in front of them.

Rainbow watched, gasping as magic encased Luna and transformed her into a little filly. She looked around in all directions before vaporizing, leaving no trace behind. Discord also seemed surprised by this sudden change in events.

“What? Oh for the love of-” was all he managed to say before he too was engulfed by the magic.

The shockwave was gaining speed exponentially, heading towards her friends. Rainbow Dash gasped, fear tight within her throat as she tried fruitlessly to halt her charge. Come on, slow down Rainbow Dash! Slow down! she thought, panicking for dear life.

Her speed and movements were already at full throttle, unable to stop herself from heading right into the shockwave. She watched in horror as the magic overwhelmed her, suddenly slowing down to the point that she might be able to escape. Before she could even try in a desperate attempt, the magic left her completely immobilized.

Well, I hope the others make it out... Rainbow Dash thought, hearing her friend's urgent cries for her to turn back. Before she knew it, darkness overtook her, causing her to utter a small squeak and lie still as her body began sailing limply back to the ground.

Author's Note:

New Prologue Improvement.

Lack: A bit of tell...