• Published 14th Mar 2012
  • 26,929 Views, 1,295 Comments

Learning ABCs - Adorable, Bothersome, Chaotic - Isopod



Twilight unwillingly starts seeing something more that just chaos in a certain Draconequus.

  • ...
39
 1,295
 26,929

Author's Notes

First of all, the thanks.

Thanks to my editor, the Skittles and the readers Brony Fife, Paper Crease, Ma tt and to any other readers I might have missed for help on my awful, awful grammar and tenses and what not. Curse you, English language!

Thanks to my very best friend, CloudedGuardian for putting up with me and my constant excitement about my fanfic. You're awesome.

Last but not at all the least, thanks to every single one of you who reached the author's notes after finishing this story. You have no idea how much it means to me.

Thank you all for following, liking, commenting, favorites but ABOVE ALL, for reading. To think there's such a big number of people enjoying my silly shipping story is just... overwhelming, really.

I have nothing to offer you as thanks but my written gratitude and that lame, anatomically wrong sketch of a scene from the last chapter.

I will probably edit this bit after the last chapter is read, in case any of your remain confused or have questions or whatnot, so yeah. See you then, maybe.

Edit1: A number of you had been demanding a sequel. *heart melts* While I have no fully formed idea, I can assure you that there will definitely be a one shot; and if I think of it, a 'sequel' that will be rarely updated, of mostly fluffy slice-of-life genre.
Edit2: FINE, FINE. YOU'LL HAVE YOUR SEQUEL. STOP ASKING. *melts* I love you all so much.
Edit3: But not until season four airs. As you may noticed I tried writing one before that, but it got deleted because it was crap, haha.
Edit4: Time is money and I don't have either. Sequel updated when I can. Currently editing this things.
Final edit: This is finally fully edited! Writing is back on! Thank you all for being patient and dealing with my own coming-of-age!

(_ _)

Enjoy and once again,
thank you.

Comments ( 161 )

is there going to be a squeal????? :twilightoops:

931178

A sqeual, no.

But I'll use my deduction skills to conclude you meant "sequel" and say... maybe. :rainbowwild: :raritywink:

Good show, good show. I highly enjoyed this silly shipping story all the way to the end. A sequel would be nice but not totally necessary, I think you ended it on a high note. :twilightsmile:

...That being said, if you did concoct a sequel, you would most likely receive many squees of joy, even if it was just one-shot. :yay:

I swear to god, I will not be able to forgive you if you just leave it like here! Sequal pwease! :fluttercry:

A sequel would be highly enjoyable...But at this point anything written by you would be enjoyable.
I'm totally watching you from now on. It was one of the VERY few "Discord's redemption" story that I not only liked but was genuinely, objectively GOOD.

It was adorable, brilliant, chaotic...Damn.
(I can't believe I just did that xD):facehoof:

931340

Your niece is?? :rainbowderp: For her, I'd spawn a gazillion sequels!
I guess this seals the deal. :rainbowlaugh: I'll definitely have to write at LEAST a one shot or something. xD I'll see how I stand with time. :derpytongue2:

931371
Write a sequel, or I'm coming for you. :pinkiecrazy:

931190 You are th best writer I've met in a very long time. *snaps fingers* You passed the test, and you can be our friend. :pinkiehappy:

931190 a Squee was already given, and I will happily wait for that "maybe sequel"

amazing story

This has been an amazing ride from beginning to end.......oh fuck I'm getting emotional:fluttercry:

Sequel....

26 chapters.
Hundreds of paragraphs
Thousands of words.

And they don't kiss until the end.

You must really have enjoyed watching us beg for that moment, you terrible, wonderful, sadistic, amazing lout.

I request, nay, demand an unequivocally fluffy slice-of-life sequel full of so much cute, you could weaponize it and conquer entire continents with.

I'm soo sad now its over all good things come to an end i know but this ended too soon for me it was sooo wonderful and fantastic i know i will be reading this again. great job on everything i loved this story its going down as one of my all time favorites and that's saying something.
i really REALLY hope theirs a sequel where Discord and Twilight finally end up
i mean how else are going to get some little Discords and Twilights running around? hehe
not mention Rarity would love to hear the gossip X3

so heres hoping for the next part if not it was a great ride that i will be riding again very soon

So much win :yay:
I loved this since the first chapter till the end

good story :trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright:

Amazing story bro loved it:pinkiehappy:

holy shiet, i just pooped my pants
and shed manly tears
dash.ponychan.net/chan/files/src/133546243038.jpg

woahwoahwoahwoah what what what what what
Why's my name up there?
You must have gotten the wrong name.

Surely, you've gotten the wrong name.

932500

I surely haven't, dear Sir! :pinkiehappy: I mean seriously, you proofread and edited three or so chapters of mine! I can't forget such help so easily! :pinkiesmile:

932531
Three chapters?
I'm still pretty sure that I didn't do anything...

I blame this appreciation upon my older brother, whom admits he hates ponies for no reason and admits that he should probably give the show a chance who does not know that there are websites for fanfiction other than fanfiction.net.

Well, the hope of a sequel is better than a black horizon. This truly was a fantastic ship. It began as a story of rehabilitation, developed into a taste of inception, worked so beautifully with the detail in personalities involved, and spent so long fleshing out the relationship that, when the long anticipated kiss finally arrived... it was the most beautiful thing of all.

It didn't rush, it took it's dear sweet time. That kind of pacing is rare these days. Congratulations, you have written a masterpiece.

931253

Shit, girl, Twi you're gonna have some really weird foals.

:yay: You're amazing. That's all I could say.

933007

Oh Heck yeah, someone finally noticed that! :yay:
While not planning on treating him as a "test subject" (that DOES sounds quite disturbing), she did approach the whole thing with quite an attitude, as in "it'll be exactly as I planned it and he'll behave exactly as I expect" - maybe kind of like a pet. xD It is hard to say with my limited English vocabulary.

As for the studying, it's more like, "pull the information out of him". xD Based on what he might, and might not say.

932940 Well said... well said indeed.

I would be very pleased if you only fed our emotions fluffy one-shots depicting Twilight/Discord asking the other out on a date for the coming weekend. Discord comes back, happines, either one asks the other on a date for next weekend, week with fretting on both sides, (perhaps Discord asking random ponies he meets what he should do for Twilight on the date, in fact do that, that would be awesome, cute and funny), then their first date, second and so on.

936135

We're thinking very similarly; something cute like that is pretty much what I had in mind for a "sequel" since all of the fanics fan over here want more of the fluff. One can't simply have too much fluff, that's for sure. :rainbowlaugh:

936269
Well, I certainly wouldn't mind helping out with any fluff ideas. For exmaples of my work, see Element of Generosity and The Life of a Dragon.

Twas an excellent story, and with the promise of a potential sequel, though has pleased us.
We shall probably go and read some of your other stories now.:pinkiehappy:

I have yet to read the last couple of chapters because I've been busy with other stuff, but I took my time to read this note to ensure that it was actually the ending since the last chapter was as short as it was. I have cried and smiled during this story, I have laughed and giggled so silly that my friends would think that I was crazy. This story has been a joy to read, an awkward shipping, yet done oh so right. My biggest gratitudes to you.

And last of all, a thank you. You have taken your time to write this and it has been the source of so much joy for many readers. You have done an amazing job and added a spoonful of happiness with each chapter to many many people. You're a hero in yourself, a source of you. Thank you.

936687

Well... wow, I... I must say, your comment actually teared me up. JUST A BIT. :twilightblush:

Thank you for your gratitude and for reading. I'm immensely happy that there are people that felt so much for my story, as silly as it is. :twilightsmile:

Another great story reaches its end. Good job!

941433

For me, word person means more like, personality, not a human being.

I love you man, no homo....

Who am I kidding all the homo! :pinkiehappy:

man, i can believe the two long fics that i was reading ended almost at the same time, i can't belive that is over...

935105
Limited vocab my ass. If it wasn't for the minor blemishes in grammar, I'd give you a... a shiny.

I loved the story and I loved working with you. I hope to see more of you around the site. Keep doing your writing thing and I think we'll all be happy here.:ajsmug:

Hey, I just read you, and this is crazy. This story's awesome. So sequel, maybe? :heart:

962706

Ah, yes, someone finally addressed that song. I can't count how many times I listened to that wonderful track, so I couldn't help myself to throw it in not once, but twice. That song is probably one of the best examples of free music I have ever heard. :pinkiehappy:

Thank you. I wish I could elaborate on that further but there are just to many nice things to say about this one story. I spent the better part of two days silently reading it in my spare time from chapter one to the end, completely unable to stop. So... Thank you.

There are no words to describe how fantastic this fic is.
Or rather, was.
dl.dropbox.com/u/12875849/reactions/crying2.jpg

:heart:
has a heart cuz i luved your story
:pinkiehappy:

My reaction to the possibility of a sequel was kinda like that pinkie rocket.. Hold on a sec, I'mma find it.
media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0xwl7fAh21r4jx9e.gif
Complete with the fistpumps. (Hoofpumps? Whatever. X3)
You write a good story! That's all I can say.

I must say this has been one wild fic you wrote. It had me laughing and tearing up at regular intervals and I can't remember the last time I felt so at home with the characters. You did a damn good job on this and I thank you for writing it.

Login or register to comment