• Published 11th Dec 2013
  • 2,386 Views, 33 Comments

Pony Rangers Lightspeed Rescue - Shazam 25



Three former villians and two pony are give jobs as the new Pony Rangers!

  • ...
2
 33
 2,386

Yellow is Mellow

It was another normal day in Ponyville. Everypony was going about their normal business, the empty warehouse district had been destroyed in another fight once more, and was being rebuilt, and a unicorn walking her dog was walking around town. Soon, she had to stop and readjust the shoes she was wearing, as she wanted to be as much like a human as possible. You guessed it- Lyra Heartstrings.

However, today would quickly become dangerous, as Lyra's dog suddenly walked away from her, and into the new 'street' the mayor added for wagons to be pulled without causing too much trouble! Lyra's eyes widened, and she tried to chase her dog, but someone pulled her back before she could be hit as well. The unicorn's eyes watered as she cried out, "PERCY!" A car was about to hit the dog before a certain zebra rushed in, snatched up the dog, and darted out of the 'street'.

"There's no need to fear, as long as I am near." Zecora smiled, walking over and handing the dog to the human-loving unicorn. "Keep your dog on a leash, or you may not feel relief." Lyra blinked in confusion, but nodded, smiling happily as she hugged her dog, Percy.

"R-right, thanks… You're Zecora, right? Thank you for saving Percy…" She put her dog down and hugged Zecora, who blinked in shock, before nodding in acknowledgement before running off. "..I wonder what's wrong with her…" Lyra tilted her head in confusion, not seeing a certain sister of a fashionista nearby, frowning in concern.


Meanwhile, in the cave below the town, Hydra hissed in anger. "We've grown tired of these new Pony Rangers destroying every monster we send! It is time to destroy the Element Rangers, and destroy Princess Celestia once and for all! Then we can rebuild Equestria itself in our own images."

Diamond laughed, sounding almost insane. "Oooh, ooh, let me go! I'll pound those Rangers!" He bounced up and down slightly, almost like an eager colt.

Sunset shook her head, frowning. "No, we need a monster the Rangers can't even touch…" She then smirked, getting an idea. "...Say… I think I know just how to destroy them all…" The unicorn pulled out a card before tossing it into the pit. "Go, Whirlwind! Destroy the Lightspeed Rescue Pony Rangers, and then the town!"

With that, an earth pony emerged from the pit, a whirlwind of colors- light blue, white, grey, all in a spiraling style around his body. He roared, as the monsters there laughed in evil delight.


Meanwhile, at the Theater Base, Gilda was watching the news. "We bring you this special report live from I-5 News! Equestria's new space program will be launching its new shuttle soon. As this station has heard, a spokesperson for the program has stated that this shuttle flight will launch a low-orbit satellite, as preparations for Terra Venture, an experimental ship that is in the design phase now, and will be released in a few years."

As she watched this, Zecora came in, looking a little tired. "H-hello, Gilda… It's a pleasure to see ya…" Gilda nodded, continuing to watch the TV as a picture of a certain unicorn jogging popped up on-screen.

"This flight will be headed by Lyra Heartstrings, a graduate of Ponyville's musical department, as well as our own flight academy from the Wonderbolt's number one fan and Element of Loyalty, Rainbow Dash." Zecora froze, before turning to see it truly was Lyra.

"Gilda, that girl is Lyra… The one I told you about; the one I met on my saving route!" The Pink Ranger's eyes widened in surprise, as the other Rangers walked in.

Gilda glanced them, before directing her attention back to the TV. "Guys, Zecora's friend is on TV!" Everyone blinked, turning to watch as the countdown began and the flight went off without a hitch.

Zecora smiled faintly, glad that she saved someone who had a deadline to meet… even if they would only spend four hours in space. The moment was ruined, however, when Vinyl's communicator went off. "Everyone, we need you here now- we have an emergency!"

Vinyl grumbled, but everyone nodded, turning off the TV and rushing out the door. They put on their jackets, newly made as per Princess Luna's instructions, before quickly running out.


Meanwhile, in space, Lyra looked around in awe, whistling. "To think, humans might have come up here themselves…" Her partner, an Earth Pony named Bon-Bon, rolled her eyes, chuckling.

"Whatever you say, Lyra… Whatever you say…" She began to press some buttons, preparing autopilot, and both of them unknowing of the dangers back on Earth.


Meanwhile, the Rangers quickly got to the pier, and nearly got blown away by the winds. "Whoa!" Trixie yelped, before quickly rushing over to a pair of ponies. "Quickly, get to shelter! This way!" The other Rangers followed her example, leading other ponies to shelter as a tornado was bearing down on them.

One stallion, however, barely was holding onto the dock, and soon he got blown away by the tornado! Zecora quickly jumped to his aid, grabbing hold of the stallion and helping him get back to the ground with both of their weight. He then nodded at her in thanks, quickly running off. Zecora smiled, it looked like other ponies were beginning to trust her.

To the Ranger's shock, the tornado then suddenly disappeared, before a face appeared where it once was, revealing Hydra. "Hello, Rangers… We meet again. I have come to destroy your oh-so-precious city, along with you, the Element Rangers, and the sun!"

Derpy frowned, stepping forward. "We won't let you do that!" Before the Rangers could do anything, though, Hydra disappeared, and the tornado reappeared, forcing them back! "WAH!" Derpy tripped over her tail, flying head-over-heels backwards.

Trash cans and all sorts of other junk were flying everywhere, before Trixie and the others got to an alleyway, where the tornado was. She quickly had her horn glow, "Scanner on! ...He's in the tornado!" She instantly started firing shots off with her horn, Vinyl joining her as the tornado disappeared with Whirlwind falling to the ground.

Whirlwind laughed, almost sounding like he had two voices. "Don't you think you can stop me! Hahaha, especially with some of MY friends against yours!" With that, he summoned Batlings, smirking. "Batlings, destroy them!"

With that signal, the Batlings charged the Rangers, just as the Rangers charged them. Derpy tripped over air, but used it to her advantage, dodging one attack and flipping to slam against another mid-air.

Gilda was like a whirlwind of destruction herself- flying through the air and tearing through them all like they were toilet paper. She smirked, before screeching, causing the Batlings to clutch their ears in pain before she slashed through the defenseless creatures.

Vinyl smirked, bouncing her head to some music she had wired to her helmet, as she picked some of the Batlings up and began spinning them like a pair of records, knocking down dozens of their fellow monsters.

Zecora was doing well, but not as well as she had in the past- she was still tired from running to save that dog, although her magic made up for it well. Again, it was hard to see what she did, but whatever it was, it was quite clearly effective.

Trixie wasn't doing so hot, though- she was fighting Whirlwind, and he was tossing her around like she was nothing! She quickly scrambled to her feet. "You can't beat me!" Whirlwind taunted. "I'm invincible!" The unicorn glared, charging him, but to no avail, as he just fired some wind at the unicorn, slicing up her outfit and knocking her down.

The other Rangers quickly rushed to her aid, "Are you okay?" Derpy asked in concern. She saw how winded Trixie was, although the unicorn brushed it off. While they were distracted with Trixie's condition, Whirlwind blasted another beam of energy, hitting them all and overloading their suits for a moment. They weren't down, though, as they used that excess energy to fire it right back at him. He growled, before spinning away in a tornado.


Meanwhile, the shuttle was returning to earth, and Lyra frowned, seeing it form. "...Looks like a weather condition up ahead- but I was sure that there wasn't going to be any tornados this week!" She then gulped, seeing it right in front of them. "H-hold on!" They both got blasted with winds and debris from the tornado, both of them bracing themselves for impact.

Trixie gritted her teeth, quickly pressing a button on the morpher. "RESCUE BIRD!" She called for a new Zord recently designed a little after the Zords, the Rescue Bird. "Separate!" The Rescue Bird quickly turned into weapons, which the Rangers quickly caught. "Unilaser formation, now!" They all quickly combined the weapons to create a giant laser, which they aimed at the tornado. "Aaaaand FIRE!" The Unilaser hit Whirlwind straight on, destroying him. "We did it!"

Then they received a communication from Princess Luna, who sounded urgent. "Rangers, the shuttle is in danger! The tornado hit the shuttle really hard, and its losing altitude. We don't think she'll be able to land on her own." Everyone frowned, realizing Lyra was inside, before Zecora smiled.

"I have an idea, although I doubt you'll find it a good pancea… Rescue Zords, mobilize!" She pressed the button to call the Zords as the other Rangers looked at her in confusion. They quickly got into their Zords as they arrived.

Trixie frowned before nodding. "...Alright Zecora, call the shots!" Zecora smiled, before ordering Derpy to go find the shuttle. She did with little difficulty, before placing the cable magnets on the shuttle, trying to help it land.

Soon, the shuttle reached a proper angle for landing, although it wasn't at a good speed. "Guys, the shuttle's leveling out! Still going too fast for a good beat, though!" Vinyl gulped, nervous.

"Everyone relax, now Gilda, hurry so this won't become a tax! Make a landing strip, so the shuttle doesn't have a short trip." Gilda blinked, before nodding as she got into position. She opened the back of the Med Rescue Zord, ordering all the wagons at the street to quickly get in and clear the runway. As soon as everyone was inside, she closed the hatch and drove off, not noticing two ponies nearby- a yellow pegasus with a pink mane and a white unicorn filly with a pink and purple mane.

Zecora frowned, getting into position and driving along the street. "Derpy, land the shuttle on me. I promise it'll work- you will see."

Lyra frowned in confusion. "Are you crazy!? ...Wait… You were rhyming… Z-Zecora, is that you!?"

Zecora looked down before nodding. "...Of course it's me- who else would it be?" Lyra was silent before smiling- she was ready for this, somewhat.

The shuttle was then gently dropped on Haz Rescue 4, and Zecora smiled slightly in victory. Trixie frowned, though, worried. "Zecora, slow down- you're running out of room!" It was true- up ahead was Applejack's family's farm, right in the path. Zecora quickly pulled back on the brakes, and luckily was able to stop just at the fence. She sighed in relief before everyone began to cheer.

Pyro Rescue 1 quickly used its arms to grab the shuttle off of Haz Rescue 4, gently bringing it to the ground. Lyra smiled in relief, as Bon-Bon spoke up. "Thank you- all of you!" The others blew it off, but Zecora smiled as well, under her helmet.


Sunset glared, seeing Whirlwind in pieces on the ground. "The things I have to do… YOUR TASK ISN'T FINISHED YET!" She tossed another card down, which stuck onto a piece of the demonic earth pony, and it glowed, making him much bigger than before, and begin to go on a rampage. That was the downside to making them bigger- they were dumber because of it.

Trixie frowned, before pressing a few buttons. "MEGAZORD MODE, LIGHTSPEED!" Aero Rescue 3 quickly picked up Aqua Rescue 2, picking it up and placing it onto Haz Rescue 4 and Med Rescue 5, forming the back legs before Derpy's Zord let go.

With that, Trixie's Zord began to turn into the torso and front legs, Derpy's Zord still carrying it. The torso quickly connected the back legs, which had been formed by the other three Zords beforehand, before landing on the ground, causing a small tremor. Derpy's Zord then landed on the torso, forming the head and retracting her magnet claws. "LIGHTSPEED RESCUE, MEGAZORD MODE!"

Whirlwind growled angrily as Trixie smirked. "Wind spin!" He turned into a gigantic tornado, attacking the Rescue Megazord relentlessly. Despite this, though, the Lightspeed Ladder Hooves- Power Buck quickly burst through the tornado and hit Whirlwind, sending him back a bit, before the Power Kick sent him into the empty warehouse district. He stood up though, still ready for more.

Trixie growled herself. "Fine then, take this! Lightspeed Saber!" The symbol on the belt of the Megazord then detached and formed a sword, which the Megazord grabbed by standing on it's back hooves. "IGNITE! FULL POWER!" The Megazord drew a circle made of fire, before slashing through it, completely annihilating Whirlwind, this time for good.

Lyra smiled as the Lightspeed Megazord made its victory pose. "I guess nothing's impossible for you guys!" With that, Med Rescue 5 let everypony out, and they all started to cheer, as the Megazord returned to the Theater Base. Zecora smiled, taking off her helmet before noticing two ponies, a yellow pegasus with a pink mane along with three butterflies as a cutie mark and a white unicorn filly with a pink and purple mane walk up to her. She frowned in confusion, before realizing the first was Fluttershy, the Element of Kindness!

"We need to talk, Zecora… My name's Sweetie Belle, and I'm Rarity's younger sister… as well as the old Yellow Jungle Fury ranger." The filly introduced herself, leading Zecora away from the others.


As they walk, Zecora de-morph. She turn to the two Yellow rangers, well one former yellow ranger, and ask, "What do you what to talk about?"

"We saw what you did to help them. You are a great Pony Ranger." Fluttershy said.

"I don't think everypony see me as a ranger, to them I'm more of a stranger." Zecora said.

"Zecora none of them do. I remember what you were like before you were a ranger. But even then you didn't do much." Fluttershy said remembering the time Zecora made monsters.

"Plus I saw how you save Lyra dog and ran off after she hug you. Why?" Sweetie Belle said and ask.

Zecora sign, "My time as a villain does not feel right, even when I fight."

"You're afraid ain't you?" Fluttershy ask, surprising the zebra.

"We understand how you feel, When I was the Jungle Fury Yellow Ranger I was afraid that Rarity would not let me be a ranger when she finds out. I even keep it from her until we release our animal spirits." Sweetie said.

"And when I started out as a ranger I had doubts about what I can do to help, but after saving a filly and not using my power I understand well." Fluttershy said.

Zecora look at the two. Fluttershy had doubts about her being a ranger and Sweetie was afraid that Rarity would stop her from being a ranger. Then, for the first time in her life, she did not rhythm.

"I was afraid that the ponies don't trust me, so I wanted to show them that I'm good and not what I was before." She said.

"Wow! That got to be the first time I didn't hear you rhythm." Gilda said as she and the other Lightspeed Rangers step up with the rest of the Element Rangers and former Jungle Fury Rangers.

"Zecora, you have change. We can see it." Twilight said.

"Yeah, what you so worry about?" Rainbow added

"Yeah, you got to put your behind in your past." Pinkie said confusing everyone.

"What I think what she means is you got to put the past behind ya." AppleJack said.

"True, We no longer see you as a villain, but as a fellow ranger. I even accepted Sweetie Belle as a ranger once I fond out." Rarity said hugging her younger sister.

"Me and Trixie put it behind us, and so can you." Gilda said.

"Yes, Trixie has indeed." Trixie agree.

"There a reason why Lightspeed Rescue was made.", Luna said as she and Celestia step up, "It was to show any pony or zebra or griffin that was bad in the past can reform to be good."

"I was most shock to see three of Luna's former minions be rangers but I can tell you are tried of being treated the same. Ponies already see you as a ranger and a reform zebra." Celestia said.

"We welcome the CMC's and now we welcome Lightspeed." Twilight said and place her hoof out.

Soon the other join in and the Lightspeed Rangers did as well.

"We are Pony Rangers. In the name of Harmony..." Twilight started.

"WE PROTCET THE WEAK AND INSURE THE PEACE!" The rest finish.

PONY RANGERS!!!

Author's Note:

Now incase some of you don't get the chapter, it around Zecora who feel though even as a ranger, no one trust her. She trying every thing she can and still feel that way. The talk with Fluttershy, the Element Yellow Ranger, and Sweetie Belle, the Former Jungle Fury Yellow Ranger, was all me. Plus there a line I use from a movie. Can you find it?

Comments ( 27 )

BOOYAH! Say I'm thinking of doing a darker version of Power Rangers using Ponies. Care to help me when the time comes?

3633375 How dark will it be? And did read my review off of agent_cupcake pony rangers story chapter Derpy's Nightmare?

3633505 I sent you a pm about how dark it's gonna get.

i like this story as well can't read more:twilightsmile:

4546016 This was written by someone else and he can't do any more. So I stated that some one else can try or I'll take over completely.

4546263 i see i think it is good so far

Hey Phantom, I think I might want to take over your Jungle Fury story... Just give me a basic outline, and I'll try to make a few good chapters based off of it and let you decide if I should keep writing it for you.

4648813 Well, I guess so. I send you the chapter that was send to me by the last guy that work on it, took over a month and it didn't get finish. I haven't gotten around to Power Rangers lately. I'll send it in the PM. Normally I'll ask if you have a Google Drive, but I forgot my Google password.

Hey,this story still up for adoption?

5457033 Well, If you want to do it, I don't mind. I haven't been in a Power Rangers mood lately.

5457040 Cool. So, how should we do this?

5457147 What I'm want for now is each chapter to be about one of the member of the Lightspeed Rescue. At first, the chapters was base of the episodes, but your free to do it however you want.

5457187 No I meant do I send you chapters via e-mail, PM, Google?

5457838 Either one works great, but send it thought the PM. If we use Google Drive, we have to tell each other Email.

5458894 Got it. I should warn you, I have a very different writing style, and it will be noticeable. I'm planing on doing Pink next.

5459500 That's ok, but the way before the last person couldn't doing it anymore was working on Pink as well. You should know who pink is.

5460391 I've read the ranger stories, it's Gilda. Quick Q, did you decide on the Timeforce members yet?

5460659 i' made an blog about the Rangers teams and who they were going to be. Here's an Link.

5460758 Awesome, these two teams had a crossover, and I so totally want to capitalize on that, while also serving as a preview for Time Force.

5461222 That good. When do you want to start?

5461227 Already writing the Pink Chapter. One we get the five ranger's we've got done, I'm planning on a three or more part Titanium arc, the serpent mark, the crossover, and then start building towards the finale.

5461250 You remember who the Titanium Ranger in this story? She in my cast. And, just asking, when do you think you'll be done with that chapter?

5461266 Next week, probably by Weddnsday. It takes a bit to swing into gear.

5461278 No problem, I get the same thing. Let me know how how it goes.

man what is taking so long with all the pony ranger stories:twilightangry2:

are you going to continue this story, or any of your other pony ranger stories ( like Jungle Fury )?

8432354 I haven't been in a Power Rangers mood, so all unfinished Pony Rangers stories are On Hold until I have the mood back again. Don't know when that will been sadly.

Login or register to comment