• Published 11th Mar 2012
  • 19,694 Views, 1,619 Comments

My Little Wesker - Iamdanny0



After Wesker is defeated, he finds himself in a strange land. A strange land known as Equestria.

  • ...
49
 1,619
 19,694

PreviousChapters Next
Albert Wesker and the Long Goodbye

Albert Wesker and the Long Goodbye

Author's Note: Hello! A serious chapter for a serious world (also it's fairly short... sorry) Birkin says 'fuck' a lot. Please forgive him he means well. Let me know what you think don't be too mean though as it makes me sad, just be an acceptable level of mean. Also forgive the fact that this is 100% Resident Evil and 0% ponies, I almost feel bad uploading this chapter to a site about MLP fanfic. There will be ponies soon I promise. It also ends pretty abruptly too but that's mainly for effect. Will do my best to answer any questions posed in the comments too as I feel like I've been really negligent towards this story and I'm worried the recent quality has dropped off. I promise I worked super hard on this chapter. Beta'd by JasonTaylorBlogs.

Albert Wesker had started to become accustomed to awakening in the pitch black. It certainly felt much more familiar and welcoming than foreboding nothingness had any right to be. On this particular occasion, however, the lack of a presence beside him was what struck him first.

“Miss Dark? Are you there?”

A pregnant pause followed.

“Did I fall asleep?”

Another period of silence followed this question and Wesker rolled his eyes at the stupidity of his own enquiry. “Is it just this tedium until I awake?”

No dream-mist creature greeted him, but a scene was gradually illuminating before his eyes, much to his growing unease.

“Playing hard to get? How tiresome...”

What greeted the former Umbrella employee was himself on a (for the time) high-tech satellite phone. Within seconds, the real Wesker recognised the scenario that was about to unfold, and his stony expression and set jaw matched those of his dream counterpart. The darkened control centre around them flickered dully, the LED displays shining their eerie green glow and somehow making the blond look more tired and aged than his indifferent mask would ever reveal.

“You're not listening to me, Will.”

For the first time in eleven years, Wesker heard the voice of his old comrade William Birkin once more, this time ringing ethereally in his ears, but all it did was fill him with a heavy sense of foreboding as his friend's sharp tones echoed in his mind and the drama inevitably played out.

“I'm listening fine, Al, I just don't agree.”

The false Wesker sighed in exasperation, “'Agree' implies that I was expressing an opinion; I am simply stating a fact. Take note of what I am saying: you will die if you continue waiting for the US government to retrieve the G-Virus. Leave it behind and rebuild. You cannot do a thing if you are dead. Umbrella doesn’t specifically want you dead; they just don't care if they mow you down to get to your research. Take that opportunity to leave.”

Birkin growled in frustration, “You know how much graft went into this project! You saw what we did to Lisa Trevor! I am holding the secret to biological immortality in my hand right now and you want me to toss it away? To put it back in the care of that fucker, Spencer? Never! I refuse to let that happen.”

Dream Wesker raked a hand through his increasingly non-perfect hair in total annoyance, but his tone remained even, “So you'll die for immortality? Ironic, don't you think?”

“Goddamn it, Al, don't go all Caitlin on me. This isn't a social experiment; this isn't psychology; it's not another chance to show off how fucking clever you are!”

A deathly silence followed Birkin's remark. All that could be heard was Wesker's gentle, measured breaths and the contrast of Birkin's ragged, gulps of air.

Demonic red eyes flashed behind mirrored lenses as a phone was gripped tightly, “You know me better than anyone, Will. You'll know that I'm serious when I say ‘don't ever mention her again.’”

“Are you angry Al? Are you actually showing human emotions? Wow!” Birkin scoffed sarcastically. “And all it took was me mentioning the woman you killed and the idea of the G-Virus slipping through your fingers! I should've known.”

“BIRKIN!” the inhuman screech that emanated from the blond was even more unnerving over a decade later in third person to himself than it must have been to the mousy brunette at the time, and the dream Wesker was visibly shaking even as he composed itself. “If I merely wanted to take the G-Virus, I would just tear it from the corpse of whoever owned it at the time. Regardless of whether that person was you or the USS members who had just murdered you.”

Birkin began to interrupt but was spoken over smoothly and effortlessly, “You did me a great favour by providing me with the progenitor virus; I owe my ascension above humanity to you, and you would be a valuable asset in any future endeavours, regardless of whether or not you have a G-Virus sample.”

An audibly shaken Birkin let out a deep breath. “I... I can't. I thought you would understand.”

Wesker typed rapidly on the 3rd-Organisation-provided equipment to confirm what he already knew. “I understand that Umbrella's Security Service is a short time away, infinitely closer than any government escort. I know they have pinpointed your location and established surveillance. You cannot survive this scenario with the G-Virus and your life. If you are half as intelligent as you pretend to be, you'll choose your life.”

“And you know this how?”

Despite the situation, Wesker half-smirked, “All this time together and now is when you begin to doubt my resourcefulness?”

The tired amusement in William Birkin's voice was prevalent throughout his response, “What can I say? I was worried dying might have taken the wind out of your sails.”

A quiet huff of mirth followed, “Not a chance, Will. I have landed on my feet, and Umbrella's combat data and bio-weapon research has landed me a high-ranking position here at the Organisation. And there's room for another head researcher...”

Only suspicion met the tentative offer, “And the G-virus?”

“Can be replicated. Can be taken back from Umbrella. It is not as essential as the man who perfected it. God-damn it Will, listen to yourself. You're obsessed! What's the difference between you and James Marcus right now?”

“I'm alive.”

“For how much longer? When you cling to a test tube as death approaches? They have their orders: retrieve the sample by any means necessary. You don't have to die today...we can rebuild.”

Birkin's voice was sad and low now; no longer the pitched whine that had previously erupted from him, “No... We can't. Years went into this, Al. Years we don't have anymore. I'm not the nihilist you are; humanity does have a future, and I'm looking at it right now. The G-Virus has the potential to change the world for the better, and I'm not putting that kind of power in the pocket of someone like Spencer. I have a duty.”

“Let's talk about your duty. Do you not have a duty to your wife and child?”

“Al... Don't you dare…”

“I certainly do dare. Logic appears to have flown over your head by a sizeable distance, so perhaps I need to break form and appeal to your emotions. You cannot choose the G-Virus over your own family. Surely not you Birkin.” Even now, the real Wesker saw the irony and desperation of an unabashed sociopath attempting to appeal to anyone's moral compass.

Birkin could tell Wesker's heart wasn't really in his argument and cut through it with laser precision. “Don't even talk about Sherry and Annette; I know Annette understands how vital the G-Virus is, and Sherry...” There was another heavy pause, “I know she deserves the better world that it can provide her.” Then Will faltered for a moment, “Can you promise me one thing though, Al?”

“I'm loathe to blindly agree to promises, and how much is my word really worth to you at the moment, Will?”

“Everything when it comes to this...” Wesker could hear him swallow nervously at the other end of the phone. “If I die...promise me you'll keep Sherry safe and out of this whole mess. Don't let her become a bargaining chip for Umbrella, or worse... an experiment. Promise me.”

“I...”

“Promise me! Don't involve her in these fucking games! Let her live a normal, happy life. That's all that matters.”

The dream Wesker pressed a gloved hand to his temple and realised the losing battle he was fighting. “I promise, Will. I'll do everything I can to keep her out of it.”

A relieved sigh echoed through the blond's ears, “Thank you, Al.” His sharp ears picked up a clink as Birkin apparently turned the G-Virus sample he was holding in his hand and appeared to momentarily forget he wasn't alone, “It's sheer perfection. My precious G-virus. No one will ever take you away from me.”

“Will?”

Whatever reply Birkin had planned went unsaid as the phone was thrown down unceremoniously, left on as Wesker had to strain to hear his best and only friend's final moments, both muffled and faint.

An unknown voice was the first to be made out, “There he is!”

Then Birkin responded with something that Wesker couldn't quite make out before the first voice spoke once more, “We're here for the G-Virus sample.”

“Sorry, but I won't just hand over my life's work.”

Those were William Birkin's true last words as the smashing of glass and the echoing of machine gun fire followed this statement.

“Will? Will! Answer me!”

“Stop, you might hit the sample!”

Wesker felt tightness in his chest as he continued talking into the void, “Will?”

“That's it, all right. Move out.”

“Will! Answer this fucking phone!” Wesker growled with uncharacteristic fury as he pressed the receiver more forcefully into his ear to pick up any trace response.

“William! Oh my, hold on darling, I'm taking care of that bullet wound first, stay here!”

Wesker carried on listening to the grotesque pantomime as he heard Annette's footsteps go further and further away from the phone. Then unnerving silence, until an incredibly loud and monstrous roar caused the blond to jerk his head away from the device in his hand, “Don't tell me... Please say you didn't...” All communication then instantly ceased as though the phone had suddenly been put out of commission and Wesker slowly lowered the phone from his ear.

There was a moment of silence as the black-clad scientist steepled his fingers and bowed his head low as though praying; though the real Wesker could distinctly recall that he was not doing so.

Within seconds, his head had arisen and there was no emotion on his immaculate face. Cracking his knuckles, he pressed a few keys on the keyboard in front of him and the visage of a female of Asian descent appeared before him on screen.

“Miss Wong...” he paused for effect as he spread his gloved hands disarmingly, “I have an assignment for you.”

PreviousChapters Next