• Published 11th Mar 2012
  • 19,691 Views, 1,619 Comments

My Little Wesker - Iamdanny0



After Wesker is defeated, he finds himself in a strange land. A strange land known as Equestria.

  • ...
49
 1,619
 19,691

PreviousChapters Next
Albert Wesker and the Mystery Foal

Albert Wesker and the Mystery Foal

Author’s Note: Say nice things to me, Equestria Daily decided not to publish this story. Sad times. Never mind, eh? Remember that I am terrible at naming OC’s, though I will give a million internets to whoever can guess how I chose Henry’s name. :P This chapter is a bit dark/sad, perhaps more than I really intended, sorry if it’s a little heavy but it will be sunshine and rainbows soon, I Pinkie Promise. :D

So there was a child hiding in this particular abandoned house.

Getting a pretty major horror movie vibe here, Al.

It seemed as though Wesker’s entire life had been wrought from the scripts of an ardent horror writer, he had nothing to fear from a dusty brown foal. “May I enquire as to what you’re doing here?”

The small pony trembled slightly as he replied, “I’m not scared of you, Mister.”

Wesker snorted in reply, “That’s not what I asked. Why are you alone in an abandoned home?” Looking affronted that the blond hasn’t recognised his extreme bravery, the black-maned colt remained silent, Wesker pressed on wearily, “What’s your name, child?”

His eyes darted left, then right, searching for some sort of trap hidden within the innocent question, “It’s Russet. My name is Russet.”

“All right then, shall we try again? What are you doing here, Russet? This is no place for the young.” Wesker’s tone seemingly brooked no argument.

Unsurprisingly, the deliberate patronisation drew a reaction from the foal, “Hey, I can take care of myself! I’m the best at magic in my class.” Ignoring his previous shyness, Russet stepped towards Wesker, horn alight as he levitated two books from a crevice within the floorboards, “I’ve already read these from cover to cover and I can cast basic illusion levels spells already, that’s better than any other unicorn in my class!”

The pale stallion was distinctly unimpressed, “Let’s suggest for a moment that I was intent on doing you harm, how would an illusion spell assist you in that context?”

Russet stared off into the distance and Wesker could see the burgeoning and somewhat unnerving, considering his age, intelligence behind his eyes as his young mind processed the question, “I could cast a distraction spell and run when your attention was diverted or I could make it shout really loud and then cast a spell to make it sound as though lots of ponies were coming to investigate.”

This child strongly reminded Wesker of someone, it was somewhat disconcerting, “Very good.” The monotone of his voice suggested his true feelings were very different but he was in fact genuinely impressed with the speed at which the foal had run through potential solutions to a problem which he had just thrown at him. Regardless... “You still need to answer my question. Why are you here? Where are your parents?”

At the minor’s sneer, Wesker finally realised just who the youngster evoked in his mind.

Himself.

“My parents?” He gave a bitter laugh, “They’re too busy picking out furniture fittings and pretending that I don’t exist, if I didn’t come back tonight they probably wouldn’t even bother informing the police ponies.”

That sounded uncomfortably familiar to the scientist’s ears, “Have they harmed you, Russet?”

The answer that he heard once more rang true with Wesker’s own childhood and adolescence before he managed to escape into Umbrella’s employment, “Of course not! That would involve effort on their part! They’d have to interact with me to hurt me.” A pathetic look was thrown in the direction of the adult stallion, “Sometimes I wonder what I’m doing wrong.”

Resisting the urge to snort derisively, Wesker knelt down in order to make eye contact with the foal, removed his glasses and spoke in an authoritative tone, “Your only fault is assuming that the fault lies with you. Clearly, your parents are cretins and I assume the enforced isolation and the excess studying are attempts to ‘improve yourself’ to a level that your mother and father will find acceptable.” The bleary-eyed foal nodded wearily, not even attempting to hide his shock and sadness, “Do not bother to seek their approval.”

Russet blinked numbly, “But... but...”

The brown foal was swiftly interrupted, “Better yourself because you wish to achieve, better yourself in order to cast your shadow over your doubters and naysayers...”

More like ‘Neigh’-sayers, am I right Al?

Shut up Joy, I’m lecturing.

Sorry.

“But never attempt to better yourself for the purposes of impressing those who lack the faculty to appreciate you, no matter how great you shall become. It is a waste of potential and a waste of focus, not to mention a waste of time.”

Russet slowly dropped his gaze from Wesker’s icy irises to his hooves, “The other kids always call me names and push me around.” The levitated books sank to the ground, “But If I work hard and show how smart I am they’ll know they were wrong to make fun of me.”

Wesker didn’t resist the urge to snort derisively on this occasion, “The pursuit of knowledge is admirable but your reasons for pursuing it are idiotic.”

Indignation welled up in the brown pony’s features, “Hey!”

Leaning forward, the blond narrowed his eyes, “Do not make the mistake of assuming that your classmates value intelligence as much as you do. Some of them may be impressed by what you are capable of but others will merely use it as an excuse to tear you down.”

One word issued forth from the rapt foal, “Why?”

Wesker met this one word gambit with one of his own, “Jealousy.” Seeing his audience’s brow furrow in confusion, he pressed on, “Some ponies are not blessed with the ability to think their way around problems or the talent to unravel some of life’s greatest mysteries. They are inherently inferior. This inferiority manifests itself in a mindless rage, particularly in adolescent as they try to belittle all those around them for traits they wished they possessed themselves. Do not concern yourself with such non-entities.”

A small face looked up at him, tear-streaked and pathetic in its meekness, “How do you know?”

“I have experience in these matters.”

May 24th 1971

“What you reading, loser?”
The blond boy with the angular face sighed, “A book.”

It was an error of judgement; the item in question was slapped from his hands and landed heavily on the floor, “No shit, dork. What’s it about?”

Walking home had become a tiresome ritual ever since Albert had drawn the attention of the local bully, Henry Simms, during the course of Elementary School. Thankfully his parents were finally wising up, having begrudgingly realised his potential, and were sending him to a prodigious academy far away from Henry and his relentless torture.

Unfortunately, he still had to see out this particular year and somehow his tormenter had learnt about his imminent departure and was determined to inflict the maximum amount of distress he possibly could before his target moved away.
Albert was still a fair distance from his home and had no chance of outrunning Henry, therefore he had to partake in the ‘small talk’ prior to whatever unpleasant act he would be subjected to, “It’s a collection of the notebooks of Leonardo Da Vinci” The faintest trace of a mocking smirk touched the pale boy’s lips, “I’m sure you’re aware of the man.”

Henry shrugged and bent down to pick up the tome, holding it pinched between two fingers as though its exterior was tainted and could infect him. “Can’t say I have, guessin’ he didn’t have any friends either right?”

The blond pinched the bridge of his nose in exasperation; he knew some physical retribution was inevitable and so decided to throw caution to the wind, “Honestly? You haven’t heard of Da Vinci? The greatest mind of the last 600 years?”

A dangerous glower appeared on the face of Wesker’s adversary, “No, I haven’t. Why? He your boyfriend or something?”

He waved a dismissive hand, “No. I’m not sure why I expected any different from you.”

Alarm bells rang as the short distance between the two was rapidly closed by the taller, stronger and older boy, “What’s that supposed to mean, Al?”

Albert would not have previously believed that a single syllable could be loaded with such venom but the abridged version of his first name dripped with it, “Nothing.”

The heavy book made contact with his face, whipping his head to the side and causing him to taste thick, acrid copper on his tongue, “Didn’t sound like nothing, asshole, sounded like you were taking the piss outta me for not being a loser bookworm.”

Albert spat out his blood onto the sidewalk, “He’s pretty famous. He cultivated his genius so brilliantly that all problems he studied he solved with ease.”

Perhaps the Vasari quotation was too much; Henry certainly agreed with another powerful blow into his midriff, causing him to double up in pain with a grunt. “Shut up, you goddamn nerd. How do you like this book now?”

Once more the tome slammed into the side of his skull, causing his ears to ring and another moan to inadvertently escape before he replied, “It’s a touch heavy for my taste.”

For someone so intelligent, Albert despaired at how moronic his current course of action was; Henry finally put paid to that with a formidable strike to his temple, causing the much smaller child to crumple to the ground, “You need to learn when to shut the hell up, Al.”

A haze was descending across Albert Wesker’s eyes and he couldn’t summon the strength to even reply, resulting in the silence being filled with a kick to the ribs which caused him to wince.

“Good boy.” Henry gloated, “I’ll even let you keep the book.”

Present Day

Simms had certainly kept his word; the bastard had dropped the book from a fair height onto Wesker’s head, causing the latter a great deal of pain as his skull impacted with the concrete after the already unpleasant feeling of the book making contact.

Russet had noted the faraway look in Wesker’s eyes and remained silent, only speaking up once clarity had returned, “Was it bad?”

The adult stallion only nodded, mildly annoyed at his loss of focus.

“How did you stop it?”

I know this one, Albert. You killed him.

Wesker slowly raised his glasses and returned them to their rightful place, “Determination and perseverance.”

You found out your parents weren’t going to send you to the Academy after all, you concluded that the strife you would undergo over the next several years would be detrimental to your education. You were twelve years old and you killed a fifteen year old boy.

“But where did you get your determination from?”

Wesker smiled thinly, “The same place you will, Russet.” He lightly tapped a hoof against the brown foal’s head, “Your mind. You are far more intelligent than your peers; I can tell that without seeing them.”

Russet grinned a watery grin, “Thanks mister! What’s your name?”

If only he knew the real Albert Wesker, he would not be so quick to befriend you. You are the boy who planned a systematic murder... The case was still unsolved when you faked your own death.

The blond’s smirk remained intact, “I am Albert Wesker, and it is a pleasure to meet you.”

A certain degree of confidence appeared in the eyes of the foal as he tried to mirror the expression, “Likewise.”

“Jeez, what have you been doing in there Al?!”

The sharp voice of Rainbow Dash cut through the air, causing both occupants of the abandoned house to jump reflexively, “There’s someone in here, Miss Rainbow, and I was having a rather delightful conversation.”

“Oh, for real? Who is it? Derpy told me that she sometimes sees a kid in there but when she looks closer, he’s gone. Have you found a ghost pony?”

Her voice was getting louder and louder and more excited as she came closer to the vacant doorway; eventually she popped into view, hovering a few feet above the ground and looking disappointed at the corperal nature of his acquaintance,“You were meant to be getting the ball but I guess it’s okay if you found a kid.” She turned nonchalantly towards Russet, “’Sup?”

She spotted the ball on the floor above and instantly swooped to claim it, “Haha, gotcha!” She flew back down and gestured towards the empty doorway, holding the ball aloft once more, “Come on, Al, that trophy’s waiting for us!”

Wesker sighed wearily, “Of course, Miss Dash.” He nodded in the direction of the surprised child, who nodded in return, before trudging back towards the hoofball court.

He found it very difficult to motivate himself for it.

PreviousChapters Next