• Published 11th Mar 2012
  • 19,694 Views, 1,619 Comments

My Little Wesker - Iamdanny0



After Wesker is defeated, he finds himself in a strange land. A strange land known as Equestria.

  • ...
49
 1,619
 19,694

PreviousChapters Next
Albert Wesker and the Suspicious Rabbit(s)

Albert Wesker and the Suspicious Rabbit(s)

Author’s Note: Ahoy! I am back, if only for the briefest of moments. This is horrible procrastination but hopefully you’ll like it. Love you all, review, comment, etc. The feelings of Angel Bunny owe a certain debt to Dirty Bit (Author of ‘Are You Ready?’ Read it) who planted the idea in my head a fair old while ago. Also, Caitlin might end up being important... or not. Sorry for the extended foray out of pony territory but I hope the Weskery goodness means you’ll forgive me. 

It was with a lingering sense of smug superiority that Wesker departed to meet with Applejack, ‘living in the moment’ as he had been doing previously was all well and good but now he actually felt like he was making real progress. Will had always said that without a project to work on, he had a tendency to seem... lost. He could certainly see where his deceased friend was coming from, he needed adversity and challenges to focus his mind and maximise his productivity; cooking competitions and dancing were all well and good but nothing could compare with the thrill of accumulating the power he desired.

Ever thought about what you’ll do with the power when you get it, Al?

Wesker nodded absent-mindedly to himself as he mentally worked upon the framework of his overarching plan, he certainly knew: establish a new world order. Death would not hold him back from his goal.

But... Spencer was the one.... Ah, forget it; it’s like trying to talk to a brick wall.

The former Umbrella operative rolled his eyes; he’d have thought that the restoration of his sanity would have eliminated these incessant voices but it seemed they were there for the long haul. As though summoned by his frustration, another voice cut through his mind.

Albert Wesker, you’ve been going to a great deal of effort to learn about me.

Nausea and the all too familiar headache accompanied Dark’s words, forcing an unbidden grunt of pain to issue forth from the blond stallion’s lips as he formed a reply, in too much discomfort to think about internalising his thoughts and instead speaking them with a vicious curl of his upper lip.

“I thought we agreed that you would no longer contact me like this.”

I believe we also agreed on an equal partnership, why are you trying to gain the upper hand?

Another wave of sickness passed through Wesker’s system and he closed his eyes whilst pressing a hoof to his temple in an attempt to quash the pain residing there, “I am not attempting to gain the upper hand, I merely wish to be on a level field.” All the agony and discomfort Wesker was in merely brought his anger to an apex, “You will soon know everything there is to know about me and I know nothing about you, do not dare to keep me in the dark.” His eyes snapped open and pure fury flooded his system, “I am not to be crossed dear heart, now leave!”

Silence greeted his words and he breathed a sigh of relief until he turned refocused his vision and saw a concerned Fluttershy approaching from a distance, Angel in tow. Clearly his voice had rose in volume towards the end of his diatribe towards Dark and attracted the meek pegasus’ attention, he had to hope that she hadn’t heard anything he had said. Eventually, the yellow mare reached conversational distance, alarm written all over her features.

“Are you all right, Albert? I heard shouting.” She suddenly gave a small squeak of horror and leapt backwards, causing Wesker to react with no small amount of surprise as he stepped towards her, a solitary eyebrow raised.

“What seems to be the problem, Miss Fluttershy?” Wesker asked calmly, examining her minutely over the tops of his glasses, hoping to draw attention away from his ‘episode’ earlier.

“I... I...” Fluttershy took several deep breaths to compose herself, “I’m sorry Albert, I must have imagined it, I’m such a scaredy pony.”

Wesker’s curiosity was wholly peaked at this point, “Imagined what?”

Fluttershy looked down at the ground, pawing nervously and hiding her face behind a veil of pink mane. Eventually she whispered two words, “Your eyes.”

Wesker raised another eyebrow to accompany the first and slowly removed his sunglasses, flipping them around and using the mirrored surface to examine his face. Incredibly familiar steel blue eyes greeted him, returning his inquisitive glance which he then diverted towards the still-flustered Fluttershy. “What about them, Miss Fluttershy? They seem perfectly functional.”

At this point, the pink-maned mare clearly felt mortified by her strong reaction and had blushed a near luminescent shade of red, “I’m so sorry, Albert, I thought they were glowing red, I must not be getting enough sleep.”

Wesker retained a perfectly unmoved visage but his heart was beating faster than he would have thought possible as he slowly and carefully replaced the sunglasses on the bridge of his nose, “No harm done, dear heart.” He offered his uniquely subtle version of a reassuring smile, “Though I would appreciate a warning the next time you jump backwards from me in terror, it does nothing for my self esteem.”

The shy pegasus weakly returned his smile before making a small noise as she remembered her previous reason for approaching him, “What was the commotion about, Albert? I thought you were arguing with someone, I didn’t hear what you were saying but you sounded angry, I hope you’re not angry.”

Wesker’s mind worked at overtime in an attempt to cover for himself, he was internally relieved at Fluttershy’s assertion that she hadn’t heard what he was saying but also annoyed that the docile mare had brought it up at all. Luckily, his previous preoccupation had offered him a fortunate get-out clause which he had realised only seconds ago. “I wouldn’t say angry, Miss Fluttershy, just irritated. I noticed that I had left my satchel at Miss Twilight’s library and...” Wesker’s lips twitched, “Felt the need to vent my feelings. I’m perfectly fine but your concern in appreciated.”

Fluttershy nodded with obvious relief, “I’m so glad to hear that Albert, I just wanted to make sure everything was okay. I’ll see you later. Come on Angel.” Wesker wished her farewell but not before briefly diverting his attention towards the aforementioned bunny.

To his disbelief, the rabbit was watching the former S.T.A.R.S. captain through narrowed lids, heavy suspicion and wariness written into every facet of its features. Wesker raised an eyebrow in reply, causing Angel to perform the internationally accepted mime for “I’m Watching You.” A faint smirk crossed Wesker’s face and he offered it a mocking wave as Fluttershy departed, facing the opposite direction. This caused the snow white mammal to repeat the previous gesture as it slowly trooped off behind the pegasus.

You’re being watched by a rabbit Albert, I doubt you’ll be capable of outmanoeuvring him.

Wesker rolled his eyes, of course not. As he continued walking, he couldn’t help but consider what Fluttershy said; it would be beyond foolish to assume that she was indeed imagining the re-emergence of his demonic pupils. The real dilemma was what triggered it and why they hadn’t remained permanently. Questions and no answers, Equestria appeared to have a common theme. Wesker continued pontificating and settled once more upon the subject of Fluttershy’s pet rabbit, Angel. His track record with bunnies was notoriously poor...

May 24th 1985

“What is that, Will?”

Birkin started noticeably and slowly turned to face his fellow scientist, conspicuously paying no attention to the roughly square shape covered by a blanket that he was holding. “Oh hey, Al. How’s it going? Hit any traffic on your way in?”

Wesker gently pinched the bridge of his nose and let out a protracted breath through his nose, he hadn’t even had his coffee yet. “No games, Will. What are you holding and how will it impact negatively on my life today?”

The genius rolled his eyes, “You’re such a drama queen, I was hoping to surprise you but...” He elegantly whipped the cover off his held item, revealing what lay underneath. “What’d you think, Al?”

The tall blond stood impassively examining the contents of the cage that Birkin had recently unveiled as a red-headed female scientist passed by, exchanging a cursory greeting to the pair. One which was acknowledged by Will and ignored by the preoccupied man in shades. Unbeknownst to the pair, she continued examining the exchange once she reached her work station.

“It’s a rabbit, Will.”

Birkin sighed, “I can always rely on you to make the most pertinent observations.”

Wesker waved a dismissive hand, “Fine, fine. I don’t care, are we testing the fifth strain of the T-Virus on it today?”

Will’s eyes widened in horror as he pulled the cage away from his friend, shielding it with his far-smaller frame, “No, no, no! It’s not a subject, it’s the lab mascot.” He poked his finger through the bars towards the black-furred creature, whose nose twitched as the Umbrella scientist stroked it gently before looking up at Wesker with an evil grin. “He’s called Alby.”

Wesker shuddered involuntarily before rapidly changing tact, “We are researchers, we are not children. Why have we got a mascot? Clearly only you want one.”

Birkin wriggled his eyebrows triumphantly, “Actually, I took a poll of everyone in the lab.” He diverted his gaze upwards in contemplation, “10 for, 1 against.”

Wesker snarled, “Make that 2 against, Birkin.”

Will laughed, “Actually, I already counted you, Sir Grumpypants.” He slapped a smug smile on his face, “I didn’t even count my own vote because I was the independent adjudicator.”

The blond wiped a frustrated hand across his forehead, ignoring the amused giggle that issued from the female scientist, “You’re telling me that every single person in this lab chose to get a pet rabbit?”

At this point, the redhead decided to pipe up, a fairly strong Irish accent permeating her words, “We thought it would increase morale.”

Birkin nodded happily, clearly revelling in Wesker’s annoyance, “That’s right Caitlin, that’s why I pressured everyone into agreeing.”

Caitlin smiled faintly, “I know, we thought you shutting up about it would increase morale.”

Wesker forgot his annoyance for the briefest of moments as his lips twitched faintly before the irritating snuffling of the black rabbit brought him crashing down to earth and he directed a dark glare at it, before turning to Caitlin, “Miss Donnelly, I hope you realise that by allowing this filthy creature into our lab, you’ve significantly lowered my morale.”

The redhead shrugged, pointing at Will, “He’s more vocal about low morale than you are.”

Concurrently, Birkin was glaring at Wesker, “Don’t call him filthy.” A sly grin spread over his face once more, “What’s the matter, Alby? Don’t you like Alby?” He lifted the cage to the blond’s eye level, and put on an absurd falsetto voice, “What’s the matter Alby, why don’t you love me? I just want to be your friend.” Caitlin was stifling her laughter with the back of her hand whilst Wesker looked monumentally unimpressed.

“I’m going to get coffee. Hopefully that overgrown rat will be dead by the time I get back.” Both Birkin and Donnelly failed to hold back their chuckles as Wesker departed the far end of the lab, by the time he got back, the rabbit had been put up on a pristine table at the side of the room. At least it was out of the way. Sipping gently at his coffee, he leaned down and examined the feral thing with a frown creasing his brow.

“You shouldn’t frown, it’ll give you wrinkles.”

Caitlin had bounded over and was examining the rabbit with infinitely more delight than the man in shades. She, like Will, extended a finger through the bars and gently stroked the thick fur of the bunny.

Wesker rolled his eyes, “Duly noted.”

Donnelly withdrew her finger and turned to face the tall blond with a beaming smile, “Why don’t you give Alby a stroke?”

He arched a sceptical eyebrow in reply, “What makes you think I have any desire to touch that horrid thing?”

She looked at her fellow scientist beseechingly, “Ah, go on. You might grow to love Alby.”

Wesker shuddered, “I will stroke it. Once. If you promise to never call it Alby again.”

Caitlin frowned, “Then what am I supposed to call it? That’s his name.”

“Anything!” He snapped, “Fluffy, Whiskers, Lord Bunnykins. Just not Alby. I know Will chose Alby deliberately to annoy me and I don’t have time to kill that cretin today.”

Caitlin snickered, not relenting even at the force of Wesker’s glare. “All right then, go and give Lord Bunnykins a stroke.” Wesker sighed; he was supposed to be part of the country’s greatest scientific minds. He tentatively reached his finger through the bars of the animal’s cage just as Will came round the corner.

“Oh hey, you’re making friends. I always knew you had a soul somewhere Al.”

Wesker bared his teeth in response as he slowly reached out towards Alby, who sniffed the finger tentatively before sinking its teeth deep into the knuckle and retreating to the corner.

The blond let out a grunt and yanked his finger out of the metal pen as Will howled with laughter, “Ahahahaha! I always knew rabbits could sense evil.”

Wesker examined the freely flowing blood with a frown written deeply on his face, one which he then turned upon the clearly demonic rabbit, serving only to further increase the hilarity Birkin was experiencing. Caitlin sighed before grabbing the blond’s forearm and dragging him towards the first aid box. “You’re really not an animal person, are you Wesker?”

He examined his knuckle dispassionately, “Apparently not.”

She clucked her tongue as she opened up the green plastic case, retrieving a bandage and expertly applying it to the bite wound before planting a small kiss on the bandage, causing Wesker to examine her with one eyebrow aloft. She grinned sheepishly, “Sorry, force of habit. My Ma always used to do the same.”

He examined the bandage, which now had the faintest trace of lipstick on, “I’m not sure that it has any particular medicinal value.”

Caitlin shrugged, “Might do. Anyway, we’ve got work to do. The sooner we finish, the sooner you can kill Birkin.”

Wesker smirked as he followed the Irish scientist; she certainly knew how to motivate him.

Present Day

It was certainly a long time since he’d thought of any of his fellow lab members besides Will... Fortunately, he was spared having to dwell on the thoughts that evoked by the realisation that he had arrived at Sweet Apple Acres.

Time to find Applejack.

PreviousChapters Next