• Published 11th Mar 2012
  • 19,673 Views, 1,619 Comments

My Little Wesker - Iamdanny0



After Wesker is defeated, he finds himself in a strange land. A strange land known as Equestria.

  • ...
49
 1,619
 19,673

PreviousChapters Next
Albert Wesker and the Dream, Part II

Author's Note: Spoilers for Umbrella Chronicles. Repeat, if you've not played Umbrella Chronicles and you want to. Don't read this chapter and the next! Yeah, I hope people aren't too annoyed with me for using the Dark Legacy section of UC to be analysed by Wesker (Gotta love nerdy scientist monologues), I've tried to avoid making it a simple rehash of events. Apologies to all those who value the pony side over the RE side. Wesker will be awake soon...ish. Enjoy. Love all you guys, especially those who review. *Hint Hint* Beta'd by REV6Pilot

Albert Wesker watched his clone impassively as the latter did exactly the same to the distant Caucasus facility. As he drained the remainder of his glass, he flicked his eyes sideways in the direction of the shadow creature; she was staring at the two of them, clearly waiting to witness the significance of this particular memory. He decided to quiz her whilst he had the chance. "What exactly should I call you, Miss? You weren't exactly forthright with your name."

She smiled, keeping her focus on Wesker's memory. "Names are transient and forgettable, but I suppose you must call me something as a matter of comfort. Call me Dark."

The man sighed. "A tad predictable, don't you think, dear heart?"

A giggle issued forth from her smoky lips."Yet easy to remember."

He smirked in response before the duplicate ended his contemplation and uttered a single sentence – "Chris, it appears our fates are forever intertwined." – before whipping off his trench coat, revealing a black suit identical to the one Wesker himself was currently wearing. The garment spun off behind his doppelganger as he sprinted towards the facility.

Wesker and Dark gave chase. It was clear that this was merely a manifested representation of his memory; he couldn't interact with himself, which was a shame. He'd probably have mentioned the need to keep a grip on sanity and, more importantly, to kill Chris the next time the two met. As he watched the trench coat sail away, a thought struck him. "I'm not certain why I discarded that coat... I suppose I must have an irrepressible flair for the dramatic."

Dark, who was still puzzling over the reference to 'Chris', looked faintly surprised."Yet you seem so severe. Why would you indulge idle fancies such as that?"

Wesker frowned contemplatively. "What is life without a little frivolity every so often? Assuming, of course, that it doesn't impede progress." Dark, having no reply to that, merely nodded as he watched his clone run alongside him.

After a brief moment, she chose to speak, "What was your thought process at this time?"

Wesker realized he would have to explain nearly every facet of this memory to the gliding shadow being. It was almost inconvenient enough to make him choose constant migraines and nausea. "I was merely thinking of the plan I had put into action: to use my old comrades as an unwitting distraction whilst I emerged with the spoils of Sergei's facility."

Dark cocked her head to the side. "No emotions or doubts?"

He snorted in dismissal. "Emotions were not beneficial to my plans," he said, eyes locked over the rims of his shades with the shadow being, "and I never have doubts." She gave a lazy smirk in response. Eventually, they arrived at the facility, and Wesker noted Dark's wonderment at the enormity of the metal construct. "This is just the entrance, Miss Dark. Am I to assume that you belong to the land of the ponies, and not my own?"

Dark nodded, but put her hands to her hip impetuously. "I was merely taken aback. I did not think it would be this large." She curtailed any response by drifting up alongside Wesker's dream equivalent as he walked briskly towards an iron grate. Her look of mild interest turned to one of bemusement as he gripped one of the bars firmly, and finally to one of awe as the grate was ripped from its place and tossed effortlessly aside. She turned to Wesker, eyes wide. "That was fantastic, the power you must possess."

Wesker managed to avoid preening, merely cocking an eyebrow as they continued following. "Yet I'm often told my modesty is my most appealing attribute." He glanced at the empty wine glass and smirked as it refilled. "You don't appear to be too surprised by my true form, considering you've never seen a human before."

Dark shrugged, still visibly reeling from the casual demonstration of strength. "I liked this 'human form', as you call it."She gestured to her own smoky visage."I am old, Albert Wesker, much older than you may think, and I have learned to put surprise on hold when I see opportunity."

Wesker raised his glass in her direction. "A very wise philosophy, and one that, sadly, I rarely get to bear witness to."

She smiled at the compliment."Are all your kind this powerful?"

Wesker shook his head, smirk still firmly in place as he sipped gently at his beverage. "I'm special, dear heart."

Dark shook her head in disbelief, faint smile on her lips. "So I can see, Albert Wesker. It appears your existence will be a real benefit to Equestria."

He snorted. "Give it time, dear heart. I was told that I would be a benefit to my planet when I was 13, and things change. Not to mention that I'm stuck in a pathetic body in your world."

He wondered what her reaction would be to the various BOWs he encountered in this facility – probably small minded disgust, and outright hostility when she discovered his role in creating them. Such a shame, really, they were getting along fabulously. She nodded sympathetically, a gasp interrupting her as three Lickers made their way towards the dream Wesker, barely noticing his 'out of my way, now.'

He handily dispatched all three with consistent headshots before he noticed three zombies lurching towards him from the left, at the same time Dark did. Wesker waited patiently for her reaction, he occupying himself by watching his clone in combat action. He always knew his skill was unmatched, but it really was a pleasure to see it from the third person. Chris and Sheva should have been more grateful. The dream self fired two pinpoint rounds, both nestling in the skulls of his intended victims, before launching a rib crushing punch at the third, causing it to fly across the room and connect with the wall with a sickening crunch, and lay still. Waves of monsters approached, causing the dream Wesker to realize that there had been a security failure in the facility. Chimeras, bats, Hunters, spiders, all were dispatched cautiously by the peerless marksman who surveyed the carnage with barely a reaction. He stepped up to the steel door of the nearby train. "I can use this."

Wesker followed and grabbed the smoky arm of Dark, who was floating, jaw wide open and eyes scanning the monstrous corpses that his past self had left in his wake, dragging her aboard the train. "We have a train to catch, dear heart, do keep up."

Once inside, she turned to him with an expression of utter awe on her face, "What were those things? How did they come to be?"

Wesker cracked his neck without looking in her direction. "I was once a scientist at a pharmaceutical corporation known as Umbrella Incorporate. I worked as a researcher there, in charge of the creation of bio-weaponry. The creatures you see are the results of combining a virus known as the T-Virus with various forms of DNA; I won't bore you with the details, but those 'zombies' that you saw were humans that came into involuntary contact with the virus. The same applies to the spiders." He turned to Dark and pushed his glasses to the bridge of his nose, a tic he had developed when speaking of his research as an Umbrella employee. There were many ambitious, power-hungry scientists at the pharmaceutical company; he could never afford to give away more than he absolutely needed to, and it stuck even afterwards. "That, the chimera, the maggot-infested creature, is the result of human and fly DNA being combined with the virus. You may have noticed the reptilian creatures with sharp claws; those are referred to as hunters, and were created via the combination of reptilian and human DNA infused with the T-virus. Finally, the being with an exposed brain and the long tongue is known colloquially as a licker, for obvious reasons, and is the final evolutionary line of the common zombie." He took a long sip of wine to moisten his dry mouth. "Any questions, Miss Dark?"

Before composing herself, Dark blanched at the influx of information she had been exposed to. "You were responsible for the creation of all these... things?"

Wesker remained externally impassive, but braced himself for the backlash. "Not precisely. I led a team that discovered many of the properties of the T-virus."

Dark nodded, a smile spread across her face."That's incredible; these creatures are incredible."

It was the human's turn to be shocked; he frowned, a solitary eyebrow arched skyward. "What? Are you saying you're not repulsed by these creations?"

Dark shook her head forcefully. "Not in the slightest; they are marvels of science and creation. Only the ignorant would dismiss such works of endeavor."She glanced back at the retreating platform, adding wistfully and almost imperceptibly to herself, "She never had anything like this..."

Wesker's amazement grew exponentially, causing him to practically ignore the excerpt at the end, but he remained austere on the exterior. His brain chose this moment to remind him of something Dark had said earlier: 'With you, I felt that someone had finally arrived with the potential to upset their 'harmony'. Perhaps she was merely trying to gain his favor so that he would be more willing to do her bidding... or maybe he had found someone in this world of humdrum peace-loving ponies with the same degree of groundbreaking vision as himself. Stranger things had happened.

"I was expecting you," his dream self sneered as the train roof fell inwards due to the Chimeras invading. Wesker wished he could say the same about his current scenario.

PreviousChapters Next