• Published 19th Nov 2013
  • 5,952 Views, 470 Comments

Other Wanderings - ed2481



A group of short stories about Ethan the Lone Wanderer and Twilight Sparkle continuing the adventure after the events of Light Wanderings. Needless to say those who haven’t read either Dark or Light Wanderings will be flying blind. Expect silli

  • ...
19
 470
 5,952

Intro

“There comes a time in every man’s life when he really just needs to shoot someone,” the brown haired man said with a small chuckle.

“And that time comes for you about twice a day right?” the purple alicorn asked him as they walked along the destroyed stretch of highway.

“Na, you're short-changing me again Sparky,” he said as he playfully muffled her mane. “It’s more like three to four times a day,” he added with a chuckle.

“Somehow, I can’t muster up any surprise to that statement,” the mare said dryly.

“Hey, when you live the life I do then you pick up some quirks,” the man defended. “It’s not like you’re perfect, are ya Sparky?”

The alicorn looked at him for a moment before responding. “Yeah, well at least mine aren’t focused on murder.”

“Oh no, just making Sunny beg for mercy, eh?” he asked her with a smirk as he twirled a blue bladed bowie knife between his fingers.

“Well... not beg,” she replied with a slight blush. “Anyways, what were we out here to do again?”

“Kill some Legion leftovers who survived the last few purges,” the man answered.

“Oh right, fun,” the mare said with a slight chuckle, then she let out a slight sigh and looked up at the man.

His eyes were still bright and merry as the first day she’d met him... on the outside. Underneath that there was a firm layer of hardness and even a bit of sadness lurking within. His brown hair was beginning to grey a little and the lines on his face were getting deeper.

“You know Ethan... we’ve done a lot in the last ten years,” the mare said, her tone nostalgic.

“Yeah tell me about it,” Ethan agreed with a small chuckle. “You and I have come a long way Twilight.” He put a hand on her head and a grin appeared on his face. “And you know what?”

“What?”

“We’re going to keep going farther and farther,” he answered. “And good fucking luck to anyone who gets in our way or tries to stop us.”

Twilight looked over at him and grinned. “Well then, let’s get going eh? We’ve got Legion to kill.”

Author's Note:

So, what is this? This is going to be a collection of short stories/encounters/scenes from Ethan and Twilight’s time together along with other side stories for minor characters like Star who needs more closure but didn’t have time to get it. I can’t really say much about what those stories might be, but I promise you’ll enjoy them.