• Published 13th Oct 2011
  • 6,869 Views, 86 Comments

The LUNA Project - The Equestrian Gentlecolt



A science fiction origin story. An alicorn foal awakens alone in an abandoned world.

  • ...
10
 86
 6,869

Terminal #73 Global Knowledge Cache

Project LUNA Terminal #73 - Global Knowledge Cache Dump
(sorted by last access, most recent to least recent)


Thomas Montgomery (arcanologist)
This article is a stub. You can help the Global Knowledge Database by expanding it.

Thomas Stephan Montgomery (born November 16, 2095) is an American physicist and arcanologist widely hailed as the "Father of Arcanology", or less formally, the "Father of Modern Magic". He is known both for the discovery of arcane energy in 2120, and the creation of the Montgomery Device, the first machine which harnessed that energy, in 2125. He is currently employed as a Project Manager for Project LUNA's Second System Project.


Leonard Morrison (quantum physicist)
This article is a stub. You can help the Global Knowledge Database by expanding it.

Leonard Christopher Morrison (born November 29, 2101) is an American quantum physicist, who holds PhDs in quantum physics, software engineering, and modern philosophy. He is currently employed as a Project Manager for Project LUNA's Second System Project.


Daniel Rogers (biologist)
This article is a stub. You can help the Global Knowledge Database by expanding it.

Daniel James Rogers (born February 17, 2121) is an American biologist. He holds PhDs across all fields of biology, including the relatively new field of arcane biology. He also holds fifty-five patents, all of which cover the various human-designed life forms he has created in his career, including the magically sensitive luminescent witch lichen. He is currently employed as a Project Manager for Project LUNA's Human Genome Project.


Anthony Harris (arcanologist)
This article is a stub. You can help the Global Knowledge Database by expanding it.

Anthony Bartholomew Harris (born July 15, 2108) is an American professor and arcanologist with PhDs in arcanology, cellular biology, and electrical engineering. He was awarded the 2143 Nobel Prize in Arcanology for his work on the Harris Experiment, which created the first magic-sensitive human being. He is currently employed as a Project Manager for Project LUNA's Human Genome Project.


Joshua Williams (entrepreneur)
This article is a stub. You can help the Global Knowledge Database by expanding it.

Joshua Armando Williams (born January 9, 2110) is an American entrepreneur best known as the founder and majority shareholder of the Diana Corporation. He is currently employed as the CEO and Director of Business Operations for Project LUNA, a scientific venture funded by the United States government.


Second System (Project LUNA)
This article is a stub. You can help the Global Knowledge Database by expanding it.

The Second System project is a part of Project LUNA which was founded in October of 2156, shortly after the 2156 solar instability. Its founding included mass hiring by Project LUNA, including two new project managers, Leonard Morrison and Thomas Montgomery.

No information has been officially announced about the project other than its name, but there have been many theories proposed as to its purpose. The most popular of those theories [citation needed] is that the name is a reference to the Second-system effect, and that the project is a redesign of the entire human genome. Due to the timing of the project, the redesign is suspected to include higher survivability under extreme heat (probably up to at least 200 degrees Fahrenheit sustained), and reduced need for food and water. Though neither would be a permanent solution, they would provide several additional years of research to find one. The hiring of Thomas Montgomery also implies that this reworking of the human genome would include a continuation of the original Project LUNA Human Genome Project.


Project LUNA

Project LUNA, or the LUNA (Living Unity and Natural Arcanology) Project is a scientific venture funded primarily by the United States government and headed by noted American entrepreneur Joshua Williams. Its stated goal at its inception was to discover a method for encoding the ability to manipulate arcane energy directly into the human genome. However, anonymous sources inside the project have suggested that its focus shifted after the 2156 solar instability [citation needed], an idea which is lent credence by a hiring spree including several more Nobel prize winning scientists shortly after the event.

The Human Genome Project
Not to be confused with the late 1900s/early 2000s project of the same name, Project LUNA's Human Genome Project encompassed the primary goal of the project upon its creation. While arcane energy manipulation has been possible for scientists via specialized machinery for several decades, its intrinsic attunement and responsiveness to the human will caused many to speculate that an individual suitably enhanced (either electronically or genetically) could direct and possibly even generate arcane force by will alone. The first magic-sensitive human was created before the inception of Project LUNA by Dr. Anthony Harris in 2143, through a lengthy and expensive procedure known then as the Harris Experiment, but the individual's magical ability faded over time, as the arcane enhancement made to the cells was lost during mitosis. The exact amount of progress made beyond this point within Project LUNA is unknown, as almost all information related to the project is considered classified by the U.S. government.

The Second System Project
Main article: Second System (Project LUNA)
Only the name of this project and the names of the scientists managing it are known at this time. Current speculation is that the name may be a reference to the Second-system effect, and thus the project may encompass a full redesign of an already existing system, perhaps even the human genome itself. [citation needed]

Project Members
Main article: List of Project LUNA Members

The LUNA Project employs many of the greatest minds of modern science, including:
* Joshua Williams - CEO and Director of Business Operations
* Anthony Harris - Project Manager, Human Genome Project
* Daniel Rogers - Project Manager, Human Genome Project
* Leonard Morrison - Project Manager, Second System Project
* Thomas Montgomery - Project Manager, Second System Project