• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,263 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,263

PreviousChapters Next
Non-Mutual Feelings

"How's AJ doin'?" Granny Smith asked, coming out of the kitchen with a chef's hat on.

"Don't know yet." Sarge shrugged as he sat at the table, alert to anything that might happen. "Big Mac's up there right now, so we should know in a minute or so."

"That's good." Granny Smith said as she looked in a mirror, and frowned slightly as the chef's hat fell off her head. "Confounded thing."

"What are you making in there?" Sarge asked, peeking to look around the door.

"You'll find out when it's done." Granny Smith said playfully. "Say, do ya happen t' know where Applebloom is, do ya?"

"She should still be in her and her friends little clubhouse with Simmons."

"Simmons is th' one you're always sayin' is so helpful, right?" Granny smith asked, to which Sarge replied with a single nod. "Then why haven't we seen him on th' farm helpin' out?"

"He's not one for super physical labor. He mostly just organizes things and makes sure everything's in working order."

"Ah, so he's a nerd!" Granny Smith chortled.

Sarge couldn't help but chuckle, not expecting Granny Smith to say something like that.

"Ah well, Celestia knows Equestria needs smart ponies just as much as it needs heavy lifters." Granny Smith said dismissively, when she heard the whistling of the pot in the kitchen. "That's mah cue."

"Don't let me keep you..."

Granny Smith nodded and immediately left for the kitchen. Sarge gazed around the room, trying to think of something for him to do, when he heard the sound of hooves hitting the wooden steps.

"She alright up there?" Sarge asked nonchallantly.

"Ah would say so." Applejack smirked, coming down the steps.

Applejack wobbled slightly once she reached the bottom, so Big Mac reached out to stabilize her.

"Ah'm fine." Applejack assured him. "Legs are still just a lil stiff, that's all."

"Probably because you were being lazy and took two years to get out of the damn bed." Sarge said mockingly.

"Yer a regular comedian." Applejack said as she reached for her hat, but could only feel her mane. She grunted when she realized she had forgotten it and turned to walk back to her room to retrieve it. "Oh fer..."

"Ah'll go get it." Big Mac said quietly. "You just take a rest here, we're still not sure ya'll are entirely good."

"Thanks." Applejack nodded, as Big Mac turned to go back up to her room. She turned with a smile and sat at the table with Sarge. "So this is what ya'll have been doin' while I was bedridden? Sittin' around like a layabout?"

"Staying alert. You never know when the Blues might attack." Sarge chuckled dryly, quickly adopting a more serious expression. "Glad to see you're up and at 'em. Almost thought Gary put you out of commission when he went inside you like that."

"It'll take more than one of 'em to keep me down." Applejack smirked, but it quickly fell the more she thought on. "Where's-"

"With Simmons and her friends."

"Really, what's Simmons doin' there?"

"Making a list of things for them to do to get their marks. I feel bad for them. Knowing Simmons he'll probably have given them two thousand eight hundred and seventy two things to do by now." Sarge chuckled to himself.

"Ya really think he can cook up over two thousand things for th' girls to do?"

"There is no doubt in my mind. And he's probably not even half way done."

"Don't ya think you're over exaggeratin' this a bit?" Applejack asked with a grin.

"You don't know what that kids capable of." Sarge said seriously.

The pair then fell silent while they waited for Big Mac to return.

"Hey, Sarge?" Applejack asked after a few minutes.

"What?" Sarge grunted.

"Ah didn't tell Twilight this, but there was somethin'... unnervin' about me bein' possessed, ah guess..."

"What do you mean unnerving?"

"It's just that ah felt as if ah was in control, but ah still couldn't do anythin'."

"I'm pretty sure you told Twilight that." Sarge said bemusedly.

"Nah, it's not just that. There's more." Applejack shook her head. "If nobody told me Gary was inside me, ah would have just thought ah went crazy. It's hard t' find th' right words though..."

"I kind of know how you feel." Sarge nodded. "When O'Malley was in me a couple years back, I thought it felt strange too, but at the same time it almost felt natural."

Sarge turned to see Big Mac holding Applejack's hat. His face was blanched and he stared at Sarge with a look of confusion.

"What's wrong with you?" Sarge asked curiously.

Big Mac shook his head, not wanting to say anything, so instead he walked up to Applejack, placed her hat on her head, and slowly began walking backwards up the stairs.

"Big Mac's not sick too, is he?"

"Ah don't think so." Applejack grunted, remembering how he had backed away when Twilight was talking to her. Her eyes shot wide and she couldn't help hide a coy grin. "Nevermind. Ah just got it. Ah think Macintosh has misunderstood us a tad bit when we were talkin' 'bout Gary and O'Malley."

"What are you talking about?"

"Well..." Applejack said hesitantly, checking to make sure neither Applebloom nor Granny Smith were in the room. "Let's just say that Big Mac may think we were ridin' the hay stacks with 'em."

"Uh-huh." Sarge muttered confusedly. "I didn't know I was talking to Lopez."

"Uh, Big Mac thinks they were givin' us the business?" Applejack said questioningly.

"I think I'm missing something here..."

"Grindin' the rind?"

Sarge opened his mouth to answer, thinking he understood what she was saying. He then hesitated, shut his mouth and shook his head.

"Oh for Celestia's sake." Applejack groaned. She quickly leaned towards Sarge and whispered it into his hear.

"Thank god Donut wasn't here to hear that." Sarge shuddered in disgust.

"Ah'll set him straight later." Applejack said quietly, but began to smile sickly. "Fer now, Big Mac'll see ya in a whole new light. Or should ah say hole, if ya catch mah meanin'."

"Don't go Donut on me now." Sarge grunted with a mix of freight and annoyance.

"Sorry." Applejack snickered.

Sarge opened his mouth to change the subject, when there was a knock on the front door.

"Who's there?" Applejack asked loudly.

"It's Grif." Grif called back.

"Quick, pretend we're not here." Sarge said quietly, hopping off the chair.

"Ah think he already knows we're here." Applejack grunted. She turned back to the door and cleared her throat. "C'mon in."

Sarge grunted unintelligibly as Fluttershy entered the main room with Grif.

"You're okay!" Fluttershy exclaimed happily. "I was beginning to get worried. I meant to come over sooner, but-"

"Ah know, no need t' apologize. Sarge and Big Mac have been tryin' real hard to make sure ah come back on top." Applejack said with a grin. "What brings ya'll down here?"

"We just wanted to know if you would be able to go out to dinner with the others." Fluttershy said sweetly, looking at Sarge who was avoiding looking at Grif.

"Oh? What's th' occasion?" Applejack asked.

"We decided that since Tex is doing so well-"

"I wouldn't go as far as to say she's doing so well..." Grif said quietly.

"Since she's trying to make friends, we decided we would all show her that we support her."

"Ah think that sounds good." Applejack nodded slowly. She looked over to Sarge and coughed politely, asking for his attention. "What about you Sarge?"

"Do I have to?" Sarge mumbled.

"No, but ah'd like to eat with mah friends seein' as ah just got better." Applejack said quietly.

"Fine. But I won't enjoy it."

"C'mon, don't be like that." Applejack said pleasingly.

"But that means I'll have to spend time with Grif." Sarge shivered fearfully. "And that's something I can't bring myself to like."

"Then we're in the same boat seeing as Tex is going to be there." Grif said half jokingly.

"Since Grif isn't going to enjoy it, I guess I have to." Sarge said quickly, walking towards the stairs. "I'll go see if Big Mac wants to come too."

"Somethin' tells me he won't wanna eat with us fer a while." Applejack said smugly.

"What happened?" Grif asked curiously.

"Don't tell him." Sarge warned Applejack hastily.

Applejack rolled her eyes and quietly told Grif and Fluttershy what happened.

"Seriously?" Grif asked as he burst out with laughter when he saw Sarge glaring at Applejack. "Oh, well done! Funniest thing I've heard all day! If Donut was here to hear that..."

"Y'know, maybe if I ask Tex nicely she'll let me watch as she pounds you into the dirt. That way I get to see you in pain and I won't have to do anything. A double whammy."

"Is that what O'Malley called it when he was inside you?" Grif cooed, to which he received a swift kick to the jaw.

"Go get Simmons." Sarge mumbled as he trudged up the stairs.

PreviousChapters Next