• Published 23rd Oct 2013
  • 34,975 Views, 1,983 Comments

Diary of a Store Clerk - GnollReader



Living in Equestria under a false name and racial identity is one thing. Finding out you're not the only one of your kind stranded here is another... especially when that someone and the element bearers are looking for you.

  • ...
68
 1,983
 34,975

Chapter 10: House occupation

Anyone reading up to this point is probably going to expect some explicit battle description next. Valor, shouting, swears of vengeance and all that accompanies it. And in all honesty, I would have written down everything that happened after Silver Blossom and I broke through to the surface were it not for one slight problem;

I didn't see it.

The reason for this lack of information is as simple as it is annoying; I took a magic projectile straight to the face. And even to this day I swear it was purple... Twilight Sparkle still evades the subject whenever I bring it up.

So... sorry; no battle story. Instead, I'll pick up where my brain started functioning again.

The battle probably wasn't even that interesting anyway...


Darkness, warmth; the soft, unmistakable feeling of blankets on my skin and a comfy mattress beneath me... Even on the verge of awareness, I knew I was back home in my bed; safe, alone and-

A shift in the bed, a slight deformation of the covers... It took me a moment to realize it, but someone had just climbed up onto my bed. Or was it somepony?

As my mind was still trying to make my body move, I could feel a small hand being placed on my brow. Silver Blossom. An inner sigh escaped me as I realized she was alright. But at the same time, I couldn't help but let out a small sigh; I had somehow still hoped to wake up and find that everything until now had been a dream.

Then again, the universe never did care about my hopes.

Still, the human contact felt nice. It was something I had not felt for a long time, and it made a warm sensation of happiness that surprised me pass through myself realizing another human being cared for me.

At least until she started playing with my face.

To this day I still don't know what she was trying to do; whether she was merely bored, curious or trying to accomplish something. Or was it still simply the stubble that fascinated her?

Whatever it was she was trying to do, it was starting to get on my nerves. Don't get me wrong, I was still happy she was alright. But the assault on my face was not very comfortable; not to mention I was sure she was shaping the skin on my face to lengths and shapes that it was not meant to take.

The hands were removed once more, and just as I started to wonder what would happen next I was surprised to feel her shift on the bed again. I felt her scoot closer towards me and then stop, seemingly sitting on the bed right next to myself. What was she doing?

The answer came as a surprise as I felt her soft breath on my face and a slight tickling sensation on my skin that could only be her hair. This was slowly but certainly taking a very awkward direction.

Finally, I started to regain control over my own body and carefully opened my eyes, staring up into her own surprised face only inches away from mine.

"Uhm... hey?" I greeted her, the word the only thing coming to my mind as she stared down at me with her brown eyes.

"Hey..." she managed to reply after a moment of surprised silence and still keeping her face close to mine.

"What are you doing?" I asked with a slightly puzzled expression.

"Uhh..." she seemed to have trouble finding an answer. "Waiting for you to wake up?"

"Well, I'm up." I replied with a feeling of growing unease. Something in the way she was sitting above me... let's just say if someone would have entered the room at that moment it would probably have been cause for a lot of misunderstandings.

"Oh..." she replied with a sigh of relief and leaned backwards again, though for a slight moment I think I saw disappointment cross her face. "Celestia said you would probably wake up again soon," she sat on her legs next to me and played with her fingers. "So I figured I'd wait until you did."

"That's nice of you," I replied as I propped myself up slightly. "But why am I even-" I stopped half-way through my question as I noticed something. "Are you... are you wearing one of my shirts?"

Silver Blossom looked down herself and put on an apologetic smile. "Well, my clothes got really dirty during the fight and I didn't want to catch a cold..." she trailed off as she saw my face. "You don't mind, do you?"

She was wearing one of my long-sleeved white shirts, the buttons on the wrists as well as the first three top and bottom buttons on the front unbuttoned; and it looked ridiculous. I mean, the shirt was already slightly too big for me, but for her it was big enough to qualify as a dress. Judging by the length it reached half-way to her knees, and she was constantly pulling back the sleeves to keep her hands free.

That in itself wasn't the issue though. I would have been fine with lending her a shirt, it's the decent thing to do after all. The problem I was having with it, was of a slightly different nature.

Wearing an oversized shirt is okay, even cute to a certain extent; but when it's seemingly the only thing you're wearing, things tend to get... strange.

"No," I swallowed nervously and tried to banish the weirdness into the back of my mind. "I don't mind..." I looked around myself and tried to think of something to talk about. "So... what happened anyway?"

Silver Blossom cringed slightly. "You got knocked out by a spell..."

I frowned. "Who's spell?"

"Uhmm..." I could see her hesitate. "I don't know?"

"Okay..." I decided not to pursue the subject for the moment, even though I was pretty sure she was hiding something. "So, I guess you guys won the fight?"

A sudden wave of excitement washed over her face as she started to bounce up and down on the bed. "You should have seen it! Everypony was so cool! Celestia and Luna both teamed up on Chrysalis," she started to stand up and raise her arms. "And they did this crazy spell that created this huge ball of energy," I watched her arms tremble as she held them before herself with a huge grin. "And then," she suddenly threw up her arms. "Boom!"

"Oh, god!" I quickly covered my eyes with my hands, feeling my cheeks burn a crimson red.

Remember a few chapters back; when I hoped that the whole nudity thing had gone by her? Well, hope denied. The moment she threw up her arms the shirt traveled upwards and served for an image that would undoubtedly have put me in a jail cell back on earth.

"What are you doing?" I could hear Silver Blossom asked with confusion. "Is something wrong? Your head is really red all of a sudden."

"No." I continued to cover my eyes, "Just... are you still raising your arms?"

"Uhm... I am?" she answered, and from her voice I could tell she had no idea why this was making me blush.

"Could you please lower them?" I asked, still refusing to look.

"Okay..." she paused, "Why?"

"Just... do it, I'll explain later." I sat up and put my legs over the edge of the bed. It seemed they had taken off my apron, but at least had left me the decency of my pants and shirt. I felt her shift and hop off the bed next to me.

"So," I carefully took a peek at her through my fingers and a small sighed escaped me when I saw she was no longer raising her arms. "I got knocked out, you guys won the fight... and you brought me back here?" I carefully got up, checking that my legs were still functioning.

Silver Blossom nodded. "Twilight was really worried when she saw that-" she suddenly paled a bit, "Uhh.. when she saw you got knocked out." She put on a small smile. "But Celestia checked on you and told us you would be alright after a good day of sleep."

"Okay," I stretched a little but then a terrifying thought entered my mind. "Does this mean everyone is here?" I briefly considered getting back into my bed but Silver Blossom shook her head.

"Celestia, Fluttershy and Pinkie had to go back to Ponyville. Twilight, Applejack and Dash are staying with officer Cobbler; he was nice enough to let them out to help us, but they still have to do forty-six hours of civil work because of..." she grimaced slightly, "Well, you know."

"Don't worry. Copper Cobbler won't be too hard on them I'm sure. He's got a nice place too, so I'm sure they'll be fine and-" I stopped. "Wait, what about the rest?" my eyes narrowed as two names flashed up in my mind. "What about Princess Luna and Rarity?"

"Well," Silver Blossom answered with a slightly nervous expression. "Rarity and the others decided to take turns staying here, so that I wouldn't be alone and they could get to know you better." Later, I would learn that it was actually Celestia who came up with this part.

"Okay, fair enough..." I sighed, one of them wouldn't be as bad, probably. "What about princess Luna?"

Silver Blossom actually cringed at the question. "Promise not to be mad?"

"Why?" I felt my brow furrow.

She started to play with her fingers again. "Aunt Luna decided she wanted to make sure something like this wouldn't happen again," she gave me a careful glance. "So she decided to stay a bit longer."

I stared at Silver Blossom for a short moment, trying to put her words together in my mind. "How much longer are we talking here?"

Silver Blossom opened her mouth to give an answer, but seemingly couldn't decide on one... and simply shrugged instead.

"Oh, god..." I fell backwards onto my bed again. "I have an alicorn princess occupying my house... and a child that doesn't know what underwear is," I closed my eyes with a small groan. "I'll be lucky if I survive a week..."

It didn't really help the silence that followed when Luna entered the room with one of my underpants on her head.