• Published 2nd Mar 2012
  • 15,481 Views, 751 Comments

Changes - Fresh Blood



What's more important? Friendship, Celebrity status, or the trust of somepony who gives it to you?

  • ...
24
 751
 15,481

Chapter 17

It wasn’t every day that Vinyl was able to wake up under her own volition. Usually, it was the startling intrusion of alarms blaring into her dreams, or the incessant jabbing of an irate agent that woke her. As such, it wasn’t unexpected for the DJ to have rolled over and snuggled back into her pillow, drift off for a few more hours, before finally deciding that she couldn’t sleep any more. With a yawn and a stretch, the unicorn rolled onto her back, bleary eyes adjusting to the state of wakefulness.

The ceiling was as familiar as ever as she looked up at it. It was white-washed and bare, and she stared at it for a few moments. She liked to do that. Some would probably suggest to her that she should put some kind of mural up there, something for her to really look at. But that would make it hard for her to just zone out with her own thoughts. Not that those thoughts had any importance to them, of course. No deep self-reflections, insightful internal monologues or anything else of that ilk.

For example, at that moment, she was simply contemplating on whether she should shower before getting breakfast.

Another yawn escaped the mare, followed by a smack of her lips as she tried to shake away the last of her grogginess before finally rolling back over; underestimating where she was on the bed in the process. With a yelp, followed by a dull thud and the clatter of hooves on the wooden floor, Vinyl was finally alert.

“I need to get a bigger bed,” she grumbled to herself as she rose to her hooves, one leg reaching up to rub the spot on her head where she hit the floor. She grimaced, feeling it throb.

The DJ didn’t have much of a morning routine, she usually just woke up and got on with her day. Today was no exception. Ambling out of her room, she left the bed in the same state she found it in, messy and unmade, and proceeded to the bathroom. She had no intention of using the shower, having decided that she hadn’t done anything too strenuous to warrant such a thing. She lifted a foreleg and buried her head beneath it just to be sure.

Her horn lit up, taking a hold of her toothbrush and as she applied water from the tap, she eyed he head in the mirror, wondering if she’d bruised it. Not seeing anything noticeable beneath her fur, she gave a shrug and gripped the tube of toothpaste in her mouth. With her lips sealed around the opening, her magic gave the tube a squeeze, giving her a generous helping before she replaced the tube with her brush and began scrubbing away. Her mind wandered as she did, thoughts on what she’d do with her time off took precedence, but they were soon put to one side as she debated on what to have for breakfast.

Her empty fridge came to the forefront at that moment and she then remembered that she’d been thinking about Bon-Bon’s place before she fell asleep. Spitting once she’d decided she’d had enough dental hygiene, she grinned at the mirror and ran a hoof through her mane. She adored the fact it needed no upkeep, the bedhead look only adding to its wild style. “Welp, that’s me done!” She happily exclaimed before trotting out and down the stairs.

She gave a final look around her house before she left, noting the chores she still needed to do. Those could wait whenever she had breakfast on the brain, however, and without further delay she trotted out into her garden, her door glowing as it was slammed behind her.

It was a pleasant enough day in Ponyville as she stepped out on the streets of the quaint, little town. The sun was shining with only a spattering of cloud cover, and ponies were already out and about taking advantage of it all. She waved as one of her neighbours called out to her, but the DJ failed to stop and chat, carrying on her merry way. It wasn’t until she passed a shop and peered inside the window did she catch her reflection and noticed she’d forgotten her glasses. She contemplated on going back for them, but even though she’d only travelled a short distance from her house, she just couldn’t be bothered.

It was too nice of a day to shield her eyes behind their muting lenses anyway, and she stopped to face the sky, closing her eyes and basking in the rays of the sun. Her home town was a place where she could be herself, and the thought of promoting anything, eyewear or otherwise, suddenly became distasteful to her. She sighed contently, lowering her head to look around, and smiled softly. No fans, no paparazzi… no Opal. She couldn’t ask for anything more.

Aside from breakfast, of course, which was already making her mouth water even before she made it through Lyra’s and Bon-Bon’s front gate. Her earth pony friend was always so happy to see her when she came home, and she just knew that she’d be treated to a hearty breakfast that would put even her own mother to shame. Nopony could dote like Bonnie could, and it was made all the better by how much it irritated Lyra.

The curtains were still drawn as she made it to the front porch, a fact that almost made Vinyl second guess her plans. Normally the occupants were up and about long before she ever was. She took a step back, peering behind the side of the house to spy the clock tower in the distance. It was 11:35 in the morning. They were always up before now. Unless…

A sly grin spread across the unicorn’s muzzle. She’d stumbled upon this particular occurrence only a couple of times before, and each time after the initial first awkward encounter was ripe for a few laughs. She probed her horn at the lock of the door, before grinning wider when she found it already unlocked. Ponyville wasn’t anything if not trusting of its citizens, and that was something that definitely worked in her favour. Without any hesitation, she clicked the door open, her magic muting the hinges and she cast a silent walker spell on her hooves to make herself near undetectable.

Her mind was already picturing the embarrassed faces of her friends after making her grand entrance in their bedroom, catching them in the act and ruining their mood. Breakfast was important after all, and she wasn’t far from having to skip it in favour of lunch!

“What are you doing?”

The question startled the DJ, the voice, though hushed, easily detectable as being from inside the room, and as she supressed the urge to squeak at the noise, she looked for its source. It didn’t take long. Although the curtains of the living room were closed, the light from the open window in the kitchen filtered through, and illuminated the form of Lyra leaning against its door way, a cup of what was probably coffee floating in the air around her.

“I should ask you the same thing,” Vinyl quickly replied, her horn dimming and releasing the magic around her. “Why aren’t you upstairs?”

The question confused Lyra, and she rose a brow, studying the DJ before taking a sip of her drink. “Because I’m in the kitchen?” She offered, not sure what answer she should be giving. “Have you been drinking?” She then followed up, trying to get to the bottom of her friend’s behaviour.

“I most certainly have not!” She quickly answered back, her head lifting her snout in the air as if offended by such a notion. “It’s not even noon.”

“That hasn’t stopped you before.”

“Touché.”

“Coffee?”

“Please.”

With that, Vinyl made her way into the house properly, her hooves being careful to avoid the furniture which seemed to have moved. It didn’t take her long to notice why. Her eyes studied the couch and the pile of blankets that had been bundled up in a corner against the arm rest and she suppressed a giggle. Her pace quickening, she entered the kitchen just as Lyra had finished pouring her a mug of steaming morning brew, three sugar cubes dutifully added and a splash of milk for good measure, before it was levitated over to the table.

“I see you’re in the dog house,” she quickly sparked up conversation as she took a seat, her magenta magical aura grasping her mug and causing the liquid to stir within. “And here I thought I was going to catch you and Bonnie making sweet, sweet music together.”

The blush that coloured Lyra’s cheeks didn’t go unnoticed, though Vinyl couldn’t tell which suggestion caused it. “I’m not in the dog house, and I’m not even going to dignify the other thing with a response.”

Definitely the latter. Vinyl surmised. “Well, how come the couch is out then, and where’s Bon-Bon?” The DJ pressed, taking a sip of her drink and wincing at the heat that burnt her lips. “Needs more milk.” She muttered to herself as she levitated the carton to the table.

The other unicorn in the room waited for a moment, as if mulling something over, before replying with a nod to the garden. “Bon’s outside, picking stuff for breakfast.” The answer made Vinyl’s smile return in earnest, and Lyra rolled her eyes. She knew there’d been a reason why the DJ had come to visit. “And the couch is currently occupied, you’re just too much of a ditz to have noticed.”

That answer gave Vinyl enough reason to pause her thoughts on whatever treats Bon-Bon could concoct for her, and she furrowed her brow, trying to remember if she saw anything on the bed. “Wha..? Who?” was all she managed to stumble out before she rose to her hooves and poked her head around the door frame.

The bed was there, as was the disarray of blankets. She squinted, trying to make out more in the murky lighting until finally she spotted a lone hoof sticking out from one end of the sheets. With something to work with, Vinyl was able to make out the outline of a pony and finally the pillow that had been buried into the nook of the couch’s arm and back rest. It was then she saw the locks of long, black hair that had tousled their way out of the top end.

“Octavia?” The DJ hazarded a guess, looking back at Lyra for confirmation and receiving a nod in return. “What’s she doing here?”

“She’s on vacation,” the lyrist replied, rather nonchalantly, given the circumstances, which only served to make Vinyl cock her head.

“Are you sure you’re not in trouble? Because you’re not being very hospitable to your closest and bestest friend.”

Lyra twitched. “I caught you sneaking into my house! You’re lucky I only offered you coffee and not thrown the pot at you!”

“Shhh! Octy’s sleeping… you don’t want to wake her, do you?” Vinyl grinned, a hoof still covering her mouth as she shushed. Lyra was about to reply but the DJ made the silence motion again, making the other unicorn grit her teeth. “Your hosting skills are getting worse, sheesh.”

Before anything more could be said, or the coffee pot actually used as a weapon, the back door opened and the two turned to see Bon-Bon return from the garden, a basket of assorted berries and greens hanging from her mouth. She looked at Lyra briefly, before spotting the blue-maned variety of unicorn stood opposite.

“Vinyl!” The happy exclamation came after depositing the basket on the counter. A second later she had her hooves wrapped around the unicorn’s neck and seemed to be squeezing the life out of her. The only thing Vinyl could do was stand there and accept her fate. And smell Bon-Bon’s hair. She liked the way it always smelled of taffy.

“It’s… good to see you too, Bonnie,” she eventually managed to get out as she began the process of slowly extracting the much friendlier host. “Lyra was just inviting me for breakfast, I hope you don’t mind.”

“Of course not,” Bon-Bon beamed, trotting over to her marefriend and giving her a peck on the cheek, the act of which seemed to simmer the boiling pit of irritation that had been bubbling up in the hapless unicorn. “She’s no doubt just as happy to see you as I am, I’d have been surprised if she hadn’t invited you, actually.” She finished with that same smile on her lips, before retrieving her basket and beginning to unload its contents.

“I hate you.” Lyra mouthed to Vinyl, which was returned by her with a blown kiss and a wink.

“Love you too, Lyra,” The DJ said aloud, not caring if Bon-Bon heard it or not. “Will Octy be joining us for breakfast?” She then asked, directing the question to candy maker in the room, who was busy preparing a skillet on the stove, along with what appeared to be a pitcher of pre-prepared batter mix.

It was Lyra that answered. “I was actually about to wake her before I caught… before I let you in, Scratch.”

“Oh, then, please, allow me.” Before either could protest, the DJ skipped out of the room, missing the look that the other two ponies shared with each other.

There was a number of different ways that the unicorn DJ could accomplish her task, and she hummed to herself in thought as she approached the end of the couch bed. She could simply throw open the curtains. But she doubted how successful that would be. The cellist’s head was well and truly buried in the cocoon she’d made for herself, and it was unlikely that the increase in light would get to her. She could do the decent thing and just talk her awake, but where would the fun be in that?

Her humming came to a stop as a simpler idea reached her mind, and, giving a shrug, she clambered onto the mattress. The bed wasn’t very steady, being designed to fold away made it so, but she was able to find a place beside the earth pony that wouldn’t give way beneath her. Once situated, she looked down at the bundle of slumbering blankets and carefully, yet vigorously, began to jump up and down.

The shock waves made the bed creak, and groan, drawing Lyra’s attention from the kitchen, who quickly stood in the doorway once more. “What are you doing?!” She yelled, horn flaring as she swung a cushion across the room. It hit its mark, a soft thumping noise being Lyra’s reward. It did little to dissuade the unicorn, however, who continued her jumping.

A groan from within the blankets soon made itself known, followed quickly by a jerk as the hoof that had been left outside of the warmth suddenly pulled itself inside. “Stooooop,” came the groggy voice of Octavia, apparently not quite ready to wake up just yet. The jumping, of course, didn’t stop, and it didn’t take long for her leg to kick back out against whatever it was causing her discomfort. “I said stop!” She demanded as she felt the satisfying thud of hoof against something fleshy.

“Ouch!” Vinyl yelped in response, before tumbling forwards, landing in a heap on top of the blankets and tucking her now stinging right hind leg against her barrel.

The sudden weight landing on Octavia brought her out of her hibernation and she whipped the blankets off her head, a look of pure fury in her eyes as she attempted to find out who was disturbing her. She then remembered where she was, having expected to find herself in her room with Beauty Brass assailing her. She glanced at the décor, at the snickering Lyra in the corner of the room, before finally settling her eyes on the grimacing blue haired unicorn lying on top of her. Her fury fizzled out in an instant.

“V-Vinyl?! What are you doing here?” She muttered, becoming that much more aware of her current condition and her no doubt dishevelled appearance. She gripped the blankets closer to herself, as if trying to conserve modesty. She then brought a hoof up to try and straighten her mane, knowing it was likely tantamount to a rat’s nest after her fitful rest.

“Geez, Octy,” Vinyl groaned, hunching over to rub at her leg, before leaning back and settling in against the warmth of the blankets. “You kick like an apple bucker… you should have words with Applejack. She’d take you on in a heartbeat.”

“Must be all that standing around with that cello of yours,” Lyra quipped, eyeing up the way in which Vinyl made herself comfortable, and by extension, made Octavia uncomfortable. The grey coloured pony sat wide eyed as the object of her current infatuation cuddled up against her, whether intentionally or not.

“M-must be,” she quickly replied, before throwing the blankets away from herself and quickly jumping to her hooves, bypassing the mattress completely and landing on the relative safety of the carpeted floor. Vinyl stayed where she lay, her fore hooves now tucked behind her head. “And you deserved the kick,” she added, trying to regain some of her composure. “Who in their right mind wakes a pony up by jumping up and down on the bed? Well, aside from foals, that is.”

“Better a foal than a stick in the mud, Octy,” the DJ bounced back, gaining an ‘hmph’ from the cellist. Vinyl ignored it, instead scrunching her muzzle as she sniffed at the air. “But, now that you’re wide-eyed and bushy-tailed, I think breakfast is being served.” And just like that, the relaxed unicorn was hastily making her way back to the kitchen, a slight limp to her gait as she went.

“I forgot how… strange that mare can be.” Octavia eventually commented as she began to process of making her bed. She pulled on the blankets with her teeth, straightening them out until a sheen of magic fell over them. She looked up to see Lyra’s horn glowing and before she could protest, the bed was made, tucked neatly against the corners. Another burst of magic forced the bed to fold back on itself and it soon became a couch again, needing only to be pulled back out for Octavia to sleep.

“Unicorns are good for something, remember?” Lyra smiled, before nodding her head towards the kitchen. “C’mon, let’s go eat, before your marefriend eats it all.”

“She’s not my marefriend!” Octavia hissed, ears flicking towards the open kitchen door.

“Oh, I was only joking… but not about the eating part, Vinyl can really put Bon’s food away. It’s like she has hollow legs.”

The scene in the kitchen helped Lyra in her explanation. The table was set for four, a glass of orange juice situated next to four plates, three of which were empty. The fourth was where Vinyl was currently taking up residence, and sat on her plate was a stacked high serving of pancakes, covered in blueberry syrup and an assortment of berries from the garden. A fork was already making deep gouges in the tower and the blueberry stains against the happy lips was all they needed to see to know that she’d started without them.

“What will it be, you two?” Bon-Bon happily asked as she indicated to the stove. A pot bubbled upon it, and the skillet that she’d used to make the pancakes still sizzled with residual batter. “I’ve made porridge, and as you can see, pancakes are on the menu. Or you could just have fruit if you’d prefer?” She motioned to the colander that sat over the sink, draining from where she’d washed them down.

“Pancakes, please.” The mint green unicorn took her seat next to Vinyl, who growled possessively as she defended the bottle of syrup, clearly not finished with it just yet.

Octavia took the seat opposite Vinyl, eyeing up the pancakes with interest. She resisted temptation, however, and looked over to try and inspect the porridge. It smelled good, a hint of something added to it to make it seem more inviting. Vanilla? Honey? She couldn’t be sure until she tasted it. “I’ll have some of that porridge, if it’s not too much trouble. I’d hate for it to go to waste.”

“Oh, it won’t waste, not really. Whatever’s left I usually add to the compost bin.” The cream mare soon had a bowl of porridge sat before her grey counter-part, and returned to her skillet to finish the pancakes she was preparing for Lyra, who was quite happy to wait as she sipped on her orange juice and relaxed in her chair.

The porridge in her bowl certainly looked good, not too thick and not too watery. With her experienced hoof, she fiddled with a spoon until it sat just right, before taking a mouthful of its contents. The flavours danced on her palette, and now that she could taste it, she could definitely detect the honey that had been mixed into the oats. She was happy with her choice. “This is delicious, Bon-Bon, thank you.”

“It’s only porridge, dear, you don’t need to thank me.” She laughed, finally finishing the pancakes and shuffling over with the pan to slide them neatly onto Lyra’s plate. The green unicorn licked her lips at the sight and after a brief magical tug of war, wrested control of the syrup away from a now sulking Vinyl. Bon-Bon soon joined the three with a bowl of fruit and before long they settled into companionable silence.

Lyra, Bon-Bon and Vinyl eventually began to discuss their times apart, Vinyl doing most of the talking but Bon-Bon providing most of the questions. It seemed the candy mare loved to hear about the DJ’s times on tour, and she marvelled and gushed at the stories. Lyra seemed a lot more reserved about the whole thing, but Octavia would still catch her smiling every so often when a particularly amusing titbit would emerge, usually at Vinyl’s expense.

Octavia, on the other hand, wasn’t really listening. Her ears were pricked, just in case she was addressed personally, but she was mostly interested in watching Vinyl as she ate. It wasn’t as messy as it could be. The unicorn ate with gusto, that was certain, but her magic did a good job at making sure whatever food was on her fork found its way into her muzzle. The syrup was usually the culprit in the mess. The shear amount that she’d covered her pancakes with left long strings of sticky sugar that would catch against her lips whenever she brought it to her mouth, and it would occasionally drip onto her chin.

Really, it reminded Octavia of watching a foal eat in a cafeteria, but she didn’t find it at all distasteful. It was cute, in its own way, and she imagined herself leaning over with a napkin to wipe away the offending stain. Her imagination carried her further and the breakfast table was soon replaced with a candle lit variant, the other two occupants disappearing and leaving just the two of them alone together.

Perhaps Spaghetti, Octavia mused, that would probably get the same result… Vinyl’s hair would be swept back, of course. Just this once. And she’d be wearing a dinner jacket. In her mind’s eye she saw it all. And she let her mind wander further, imagining all the romantic gestures and words flowing from the unicorn’s lips.

“Octy?”

“Hmm? Yes, Vinyl?”

“Your porridge is getting cold.”

Octavia blinked, twice, before she darted her head down and noted the still full bowl of porridge before her. She then looked to the others to see that they’d mostly finished theirs and were now looking at her rather expectantly. Vinyl sat with an oblivious smile, amused at the day dreaming pony, whilst Lyra and Bon-Bon each tried to stifle a laugh and looked away respectively.

“Oh… er, right, yes, of course… I guess I was just distracted.” She mumbled before resuming her breakfast.

“I guess you really were due a vacation if you’re spacing out like that, eh?” Vinyl teased as she drained her orange juice. “How long –are- you here for anyway?”

“A week… maybe.”

“Great! That means I can show you around Ponyville!” The DJ happily decided, plans already forming in her head of how she was going to spend her time away from Opal. “There’s so much to do, so much to see, not to mention so many friends I get to introduce you to. You’ll love Pinkie, for example, she loves meeting new ponies too.”

“Actually,” Octavia blanched, her mind racing at the thought of spending so much time with Vinyl and now deciding that she wasn’t ready for that much just yet, “I believe I was going to be spending most of my time with Lyra and Bon-Bon. I didn’t know you were going to be in town, terribly sorry.”

“Well… do you have plaaaans?” Vinyl then asked, looking between the three other ponies. When no answer to the question became apparent, despite several glances back and forth across the table, coupled with mumbles and false starts, the unicorn grinned. “Then it’s settled. I get to parade Octavia across the town until she’s well and truly rested.”

“… I don’t think that’s very restful, Scratch,” Lyra deadpanned.

“We won’t really be parading… unless there is a parade, in which case, yes, we will. But let’s not worry about the little details. I find it’s much more fun to just go with the flow.”

“I happen to like the little details.” Octavia quickly announced, giving Vinyl a blank stare as she nosed a napkin across the table. “And if I’m to be seen in public with you, you better clean yourself up. There’s enough stories going around the media without us adding too much of your table manners to the mix. I still have what’s left of my reputation to maintain, after all.”

“Heh.” Vinyl’s aura took hold of the napkin and began to scrub at her face. “I was wondering when that was going to come up. I guess it doesn’t mean much coming from me when I say I’m sorry?”

“For what? Taking me out and showing me how much fun I’d been missing out on?” The expression on the cellist’s face brightened up. Despite the turmoil it had caused her back home, she’d come to terms with the fact that she now wouldn’t have wished it to have gone any other way. “It’s not that bad, I guess. Just try to keep your hooves to yourself and anypony with a camera won’t have anything to take a picture of, will they?”

“No promises,” Vinyl grinned.

That’s what I’m counting on, Octavia smirked back, which caused her face to heat up at the thought. I can’t even flirt inside my own head without embarrassing myself. I don’t stand a chance at this.

“On that note, I actually have some errands to run, as hard as that is to believe.” The DJ suddenly declared, sliding her chair out and standing to her hooves. She wandered over to Bon-Bon, gave her a light peck on her cheek and followed it up with a brief hug. “Thanks for breakfast, Bonnie, you make my first day back always that much more special.”

“My pleasure as always, Vinyl, you know you’re always welcome.” She replied back, her hooves reaching up to meet the unicorns before she pulled away.

“Don’t even try it, Scratch,” Lyra then spoke up as the hug was broken and the unicorn made her way towards her.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, Lyra,” she hummed, walking past the green pony until she was on the other side of the table. “Octavia, you coming?”

“What, now?” She asked, looking to Bon-Bon and Lyra for guidance. Lyra shrugged, Bon-Bon nodded her head… perhaps too enthusiastically. “But I don’t want to be a poor house guest, there’s dishes to be washed, chores to be done.”

“Don’t be silly,” Bon-Bon quickly replied, waving off the notions with a hoof. “Guest, remember. I’ll take care of all that. You go have fun with Vinyl, we’ll still be here when you’re done.

“See? Nothing to worry about. Now, c’mon, we’ve got sightseeing to do!” The unicorn made her exit, but not before darting back to Lyra, who had become distracted by a newspaper she’d floated over from the counter. A quick kiss to a cheek, and a tirade of curses later, Octavia was following Vinyl out of the front door.

“…Your mane’s a mess,” was what she was greeted with when she joined the unicorn at the front gate.

The cellist sighed inwardly. “Thank you, Vinyl… I don’t suppose you have a brush?”

“Nope.”

“Of course not, how silly of me.”

Author's Note:

It's been far too long, but here's an update. I don't currently have a pre-reader as I was unsure if my previous one was still around. If he is, I'm sure he'll give me a firm talking to once he sees this. If not, it's back to self proofing for me!

Any comments are more than welcome, I'd like to know if anything seems off, though I doubt many of you remember any previous style I'd established for myself. Absence tends to do that, and I wholeheartedly apologise to those that have been waiting and worrying that 'Changes' is dead. Life is just busy at times, and it's hard to get the motivation to write when there's so many other things to do as well.

Comments ( 23 )

Woo hoo, it's not dead! Now I get to reread it all and remember the fun getting here.:trollestia:

Heh, are you expecting us to be angry that it's difficult to write with life getting in the way? I've told other authors this and I'll say it for you. It doesn't matter how long it takes to finish the chapter so long as it gets here, and the readers who truly matter are the ones patient enough to wait for the update, the ones that aren't don't know what they're missing out on.

yay shipping.

edit: typo list removed

7116412

Fixed, thank you.

Now I just need to see 'from scratch' and 'symphony for the rival' updated one can only hope

7116378
I totally agree.
Of course regular updates would be great, but when life just gets in your way, what can you do? Rush out chapters anyways without having time or/and motivation for it? Nah. Stories are a quality thing, they need time and passion. We can wait.
(Is passion the right word here? I can´t think of a more fitting word, my english knowledge is sadly kind of limited, especially when it comes to vocabulary :derpyderp1: )

I forgot this was a thing... not complaining, though.

Hey, it's back!

Had to go back skim through a few other chapters to remember what was going on, but this was an excellent chapter! I'm looking forward to more updates!

7116378

the readers who truly matter are the ones patient enough to wait for the update

Distracted enough, you mean. :rainbowlaugh:

I am thrilled beyond compare to see this update again. Your characterization of these ponies is wonderful- always a joy to read.

This...may be one of the most charming and well-characterized TaviScratch fics I've ever read.

The pacing is slow but doesn't feel sluggish, and the characters are genuinely likeable. Lyra and Bon Bon's relationship is believable and sweet, and Octavia comes across as much less of a one-dimensional character than she can tend to in most fics. Scratch's unabashed party lifestyle is tempered by the fact that it doesn't utterly dominate her personality traits, making her feel much more real.

All in all, this is wonderfully written, and I'm glad I took the time to read it. I'll be happily watching for more.

Any idea when we'll get the next wonderful chapter?

I want to say... Thank you for updating, I was just going to come back to fimfiction on a whim and saw this updated. I had no memories of this when I started, but then I remembered what was going on. But that's not what I'm thanking you for.

Thank you for helping me remember how much I used to love reading fanfictions right before bed. It's been far to long since I have, and if you hadn't had updated, I would never have picked it up again (probably) so thank you very much for the update and hope to see more soon.

When is next update?!?

Whoa!

That story is great. I lack words to express the pleasure I had reading it.

The fact that Octavia and Vinyl get to know each other before any start of romantic interest is neat, we have time to discover who they are, what are their goals and how they interact with other protagonists.

Moreover, the story is not focused entirely on Octavia and Vinyl, and there is a world and ponies around them. That really adds to the story to be pleasant and believable.

I'll wait for the next update, take your time because, until now, it was great.

Upvoted, favored, tracked and followed.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! No a cliffhanger! :fluttercry: I was enjoying this way too much. If there's anything I can do to help you get this thing moving again, then I am very much willing to help.:scootangel:

Such a good story. I'm guessing the last update was 55weeks ago. I do hope this is completed at some point.

For a 92k fic, not alot has happened, where's the romance :[

Hey, I know it's been a while, but this fic was amazing well written. You should totally be the greatest author ever and update. There's still people pulling for you and your writing!

Something that manages to stick with me for 8 or so years was the image of Vinyl and Octavia walking through Canterlot late at night, as Vinyl levitated bites of hay fries back and forth between her and Octavia as they made their way through the city.

I'm glad to see that a little more was added to this fic in the last few years. There's certainly been a much more meandering pace towards romance than I ever recalled, more than I would have liked. All the same, thanks for your efforts. So long & pony on.

Still a good story even if its unfinished. I suppose it never will but one can wish.

33

Nice Story!

Login or register to comment