• Published 4th Mar 2012
  • 14,641 Views, 959 Comments

Of Steam Gears and Wings - RavensDagger



The CMC go against the Empire that is ruling over Equestria. A la Dieselpunk.

  • ...
17
 959
 14,641

The First Epilogue

The princess surveyed the battlefield, her cyan eyes roving over the scene of destruction that had hours ago been a flaming, war-torn landscape. Now, all that remained were the husks of dead ships illuminated by her bright moon, and the scurrying crews of ponies looking for both companions and adversaries.

She sighed and closed her eyes. And so, this is how this chapter of Equestria’s history unfolds.

With a single slow and graceful motion, the princess of the night spun around and watched the other battle that was still ongoing: the war of logistics.

Ponies trotted and galloped across the control room of the Moon as they desperately tried to make sense of the numbers that were streaming to them from everywhere. Death tolls, the potential cost of repairs, where the Empire had gone, who was responsible for what. One mare in particular looked towards the princess, their eyes locking before she abandoned her post to the great detriment of those around her.

“Hello, Twilight Sparkle,” the princess said, her voice tired, yet relieved.

The mare bowed her head, her shoulders slumping slightly. “Hello, Princess Luna.”

The two mares glanced at the sky beyond the airship they were in. Tight formations of Rebel aircrafts flew in wide sweeps, patrolling the skies hours after the war was over for the slightest sign of the Empire’s hoof.

“It is over.”

“Yeah, I guess it is. This part, at least... You should get some sleep, your majesty; tomorrow will bring its own woes.”

The alicorn nodded, accepting the younger mare’s sage advice. “You are right.”

“Will we be moving soon?” Twilight asked, a note of anxiety in her voice.

Luna turned away from the glass and the mare, her eyes picking out four shapes in the darkness of the room’s corner. Three young fillies and a single colt, all four of them smiling and hugging, thankful to be alive. Yet when one of them, an orange pegasus, looked her way, Luna could see the sadness and loss hidden within her eyes. “Soon. First, we will send a delegation to Canterlot, just a small ship, one commandeered by some who have proven themselves loyal. Then, we shall follow, and crush the Empire, once and for all.”

Twilight nodded in agreement, wiping her eyes with a forehoof before the silence consumed them.

“Canterlot,” the princess said. “To Canterlot, and Sister.”


...


That’s it.

For Part One of this fic.

Some statistics!

Over 85 thousand words (counting my very long A/Ns)

Over 5500 reads

500 comments (Which kept me going, thank you very, very much!)

8 Months in the making

800 favorites

Now, some fanart!

A reading:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVZu7PCiyo8

An Orchestral Piece:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSqZZHhQa_I

And a Dirge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE7m2dk8FB4

Artwork by:

Coloursymphony (Cover Art)

NoReasonToHope (First Chapter)

AMDude (Chapter Three)


And Finally!

A huge Thank-you to all the bronies that have helped me edit, here’s a few:
(In no order)

Frederic the Saiyan

Cpl Hooves

StapleCactus

Your Antagonist

TheWattsMan

CheesePony

ClosetBrony

Jelfes

Bearycool

Arcainum

My spelling really does scuk.