• Published 1st Oct 2013
  • 7,248 Views, 276 Comments

The Adventures of Charm Feather, In Just Me, and possibly her Chronicles. - R-A-B-G



what would you do if Sheogorath Comes threw your TV, or what if you suddenly lost your previous gender and age, or suddenly have to take care of a little filly? probably best see what I had to do.

  • ...
17
 276
 7,248

Flight of the pegasi

Chapter fourteen


Leona looked over all of Skyrim, the lights above sways and swirls in their eternal dance above. This was the first time she ever tried looking at it from Zach’s perspective, the perspective of possibly never seeing her home again.

She had grown up in this world. Everything about her came from this land. Skyrim itself was just another adventure from her long life of traveling Nirn, never staying and always on the move. She had never understood it at the time on why she had the urge to keep moving.

She of course understands now and it deeply annoys her to no end, after all she never was one to place her trust in the divines, so coming to Skyrim the last stop in her long list of traveled locations, she felt contempt at staying in this wonderful land.

Once she had came here however it was one adventure to another here, again always on the move, like she was being controlled by an outside force. But after exploring all of Skyrim, and completing several quests and adventures as well as completing the prophecy of ending Alduin, the urge to travel and explore just stopped all together, she didn’t know what to do after that.

That was greatly a shock to her at the time when she didn’t know what to do with her time now. So with her wealth she had gathered in her adventures she went and bought a home as well as invested in small businesses.

Of course she wondered what would had happened if she had stayed in her birth home, what would had happened if she stayed with some love interests she had acquired in her travels, and what would had happened to her friend Zach if she did?

She had remembered how she had met him. She was running away from the Imperial Empire when she had found herself in an Imperial ambush due to them taking down some Storm cloaks and she was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

She blushed faintly when she also remembered how she was touched by him inappropriately by accident on their first meeting. She didn’t really blame him for that since she did run into him at full speed. ‘But he still didn’t have to squeeze so hard.’ she thought out embarrassed slightly.

Unfortunately in her haste she shoved him and ran off, ‘I guess the Imperials didn’t get a good look at me, since they mistaken him as me.’ She still felt guilty over that incident. Even although he had said he forgave her for that.

He was like a child when she thinks about it, he wasn’t tainted by war, or battle, or strive, he had no combat experience, and the way he acts towards how she used magic it was amusing, like he never seen real magic preformed and how fascinated he was toward magic.

It had fascinated her to no end.

So after managing to get him out of Helgen under the cover of a black dragon attacking the small settlement she had decided to help him in any way she could, he didn’t deserve what the imperials were about to do to him and he certainly didn’t deserve what she almost had done to him, she couldn’t live with herself if she had gotten someone so innocent in her eyes killed.

So she took time to help him, by give him an education by sending him to Winterhold, by spending every coin she could muster in her adventures to pay for him the basics in magic, since at his age he couldn’t be physically as strong as a Nord, so she went with the alternative, by making him strong in the arcane arts, and giving him a strict routine in physical exercises.

But enough about that, if she expended all time remembering the past she would lose the little time she had to rescue her friend. After all for what little she knew it could have already been weeks since her little Zachs needed her help, or she could actually arrive years before her friend arrive. Such was the danger of dimensional travel to another world.

The dragonborn took one last long look out towards Skyrim. After doing so she turns around facing the tear, she sits down in a meditative stance, and she brought out the elder scrolls and looked up at her friend Paarthurnax who just nodded to her. Smiling at him and thanking him one last time for all the help he had supplied, he then begins to chant in his language causing noticeable effect to the scroll as it glowed gold.

With the feeling of being torn apart from the inside out, she was aware of each atom of her entire being spun out into infinity.

Then reassemble back into being, but she now noticed her predicament, she can’t move, can’t breathe and there is a powerful heart beat all around her. ‘Well... crap.’ She thought out not at all amused at her predicament.

'Maybe I really should have thought this better.'

- Present, change of perspective. -

Charm Feather noticed her amulet breaking down in pieces, then into nothing.

"What the hay?" Charm Feather said shocked, she and Rarity just had a big dinner in the room Celestia had lend them, since it took that long for the little unicorn filly to finally wake up.

'Oh, the dragonborn must be here, finally.' Guiding star said looking rather smug as she looks off far into the distance.

"What is a dragonborn?" Rarity asked curious about the strange word Guiding had used.

"A friend." Charm Feather said blushing faintly.

"So, was he your-" Rarity mouth got covered by the deeply blushing pegasus hoof.

"No, no, no. Besides .. errr he as you say must have been reborn if he is here, hehehe…" she said nervously smiling big.

"Ah okay. So he is a baby now?" Rarity said rather confused at Charms behavior.

'He as you say, might not even be born yet.' Guiding Star said with a grin on her face while Charm Feather face blushed red as a tomato with all the attention on her.

- Time passes. -

It had been a few hours since then and Charm and Rarity, are currently inside their new home, most of the house was bare with only a table, a few chairs, and a couple beds. A kitchen stocked with shelves and a fridge, causing Charm to smile wide at, 'finally refrigerated food.'

“Well this is cozy.” said Charm all smiles at finally having a home to call her own again, since she spend most of her time with only a small bedroom at the college in Skyrim. Granted it was basically a loan until Rarity graduated, but they would pay it back to the Sun princess with potions and so on.

Rarity on the other hand isn’t all smiles, but she could see potential to the home. Also, it was her own place...

'Oh what the hay.' Rarity thought and started to jump around.

'Yes, yes yes! I got my own home away of my parents and my best friend ever and teacher will be also be here a lot, yahooo!"

Charm almost melted at seeing Rarity jump like crazy at how happy she was.

"Ehem, sorry, a true lady does not act like that." Rarity said and blushed. "So teacher, think we could set a place for me to study magic around here?"

'Well, due to being on a mountain it lacks a basement, but I guess the second floor will do for now.' Guiding Star said and rubbed her chin. 'You are lucky healing magic does not cause big explosions, but we will need a place for your Alchemy lessons. Those can cause big explosions, especially as we don't know much about Equestrian plants and we will have to experiment a bit, even if our daring and charming pegasus mage here learns from the zebra.'

Charm feather yawns deeply "Ah well, we can worry about that later, I wanna catch some sleep." she said heading to the stairs leading to the bed rooms.

Rarity was about to protest that she wasn't tired but she yawned too, she had after all, used a lot of magic, in fact she had been ordered to not use any magic for the next few days.

So now that the day is finally ending the two fillies went to their respected beds, with Guiding Star kissing the two goodnight.

‘The days to come are going to be hectic, I know it.’ Charm Feather thought feeling Guiding Star giving her a hug.

That night, they did not have any shared dreams, both girls had earned a full night's rest after all.

- The next day. -

The next day found its way into the world, its light shines down below all of Equestria, and shadows are pushed away in the natural cycle that is the morning.

In the city of Canterlot the light reaches a room shining its light into its victim’s eyes to awaken the sleep raddled and lazy.

The sun has been up for some time now and just now a lump inside its sheets groggily gets out, it is none other than Charm who had found herself cuddled in with Rarity, who was quite warm and comfortable, even if it was Spring, the night had been cold, and is not like Rarity was a stranger to cuddle with the brown pegasus.

Charm Feather blushed slightly at the fact she found herself in such a cliché that is normally played off in anime, then remembered that this happened a lot in Skyrim and that it was Rarity.

Getting out from the clutches of the unicorn she turned over to get up and off the bed, but due to how early it is and her new height she forgot about how high the bed was. So without noticing she walked right off the bed to find the floor in her face.

“Owie.” she whined pathetically on the floor, turning around on her back she looked up at the ceiling, Rarity was still sleeping like a log, something normal after having used so much magic like that.

'I could go back to bed.' Just after she thought back the lazy pegasus stomach grumbled so with a growl of protest she went to make herself breakfast.

Rarity was awaken to the sweet aroma of homemade waffles.

"Good morning Charm. Mmm, that smells just like my mother's special recipe for waffles."

"Good morning Rarity. also it's because it is your mother recipe for waffles, my big sis insisted that I do have learn how to cook, then she joked about me making a proper wife someday." Charm said rolling her eyes as she lowers a plate full of waffles before Rarity.

"Okay." Rarity decided to not question the stealing of her family recipe since her parents had practically adopted Charm. "But where did you got the flour and milk?"

"Came with the house, apparently you get food and board for being a student at Celestia's School of Gifted Unicorns. Since your parents don't live in Canterlot or there is any relative or friend she can stay with. Is all in the rule book over the kitchen table."

"I get a rulebook?" Rarity decided to ignore it for now and sat to eat the waffles. After breakfast she have a look at the supposed rulebook.

"Uh… here it says I need a fancy dress for formal occasions. That reminds me, did you got the cloth I need to make your robes? I brought my sewing kit from home, so I could start with that since I have a week off due to magic exhaustion."

'Don't you use your magic for sewing?' Guiding Star pointed out

"Yes but I also know how to sew by hoof, only I am better using levitation. I guess I will have to wait." Rarity groaned in frustration. "Oh, how I am gonna practice magic like this?"

'You don't, save for some reading.' Guiding Star pointed out then looked at Charm Feather. 'And you miss, try to buy some Equestrian books about herbs and plants. Is not like we have access to our own library or something.'

"Later." The chestnut brown pegasus said and went to eat breakfast with Rarity

And with that the day progressed smoothly, by going to the bathroom, having breakfast, then going outside to buy books while Rarity stayed inside reading.

- More Time passes. –

It has been a week now, and the routine continues with the small change of Rarity finally allowed to go to classes but forbidden to do anything magically exhausting, so she is basically stuck with telekinesis and that basic light unicorn spell she read in a book back in Ponyville.

So Charm Feather got up, went going to the bathroom, ate breakfast, and then watched in amusement at a frantic Rarity about being late, then escorting her to school.

Charm was contempt with this, it was normal, it was routine, and it was safe.And it was also a waste of time. She had yet to truly learn to make 'local' potions, and was due to go to Ponyville. So she decided to leave the next day, she knew Rarity was not gonna be happy, but she had Guiding Star to help with healing, and Charm Feather needed Zecora help before she started with alchemy that did not involve the little ingredients she had from Skyrim.

True, she had found a convenient nearby cave, thanks to the not so subtle hints of a certain princess, where she had been training her magic. The cave was at the foot of the mountain Canterlot castle sits upon and there was no way the place was not royal property.

From frost, fire, and lightning she had improved in them already feeling the charged spells become more lethal in their potency.

And that was without using crutches as Guiding Star called them, once she got some focus and her robe, she probably would be able to take on a one headed hydra without almost killing herself.

Her conjuring have also helped her in improving her sword fighting skills, since she could still summon them, only she was jealous of them since they get to keep their fingers, well more like claws due to being in Equestria, but still.

She also found out they no longer reside in the plain of oblivion anymore, and judging by what her wolf companion had said.

‘I have been relaxing beneath a tree resting while I awaited your call, then suddenly a powerful wave of energy had washed over me, then I find myself in a near void like pocket, it resembled the Oblivion Plains with fields of magic constructs to resemble life, and in the middle of it all sits a large tree that reaches the sky with emerald green leaves that seem to radiate with power, I later find this tree is suppose to resemble you.’

It was quite a shock to find out that her wolf companion as well as other beings seem to no longer reside inside the oblivion plains, and even more shocking was that they are slowly losing the traits that made them monsters.

The Dremora for example are losing their twisted intimidating appearance, becoming friendlier looking with gleaming armor rather than their darker versions, and basically becoming like bipedal humanoid lizard like beings without scales and having different colors depending on their powers.

Then there are the Atronach, they also became more... softer resembling more like humans with odd traits such as flaming hair or lightning hair, and they no longer gender neutral by looking only female... much to her embarrassment when she had called a Ice Atronach so she could get more better with her ice forms, when ‘he’ came to her... and was naked.

Of course, since the realm was based on her, the human looks were slowly disappearing, the fire Atronach becoming more like biped anthropomorphic wolves made of fire and lava, the ice ones also being wolf like, but more like arctic wolves with blue fur and big chunks of ice in their bodies and so on.

All in all it was a confusing week of summoning creatures who were once monstrous looking and not very talkative and made it quite clear that they didn’t like being taken away or just wanted to kill her the moment she gave a reason, to them becoming friendlier and talkative, and are willing to help her develop in her magic.

It also made her face red as a tomato until their looks went from very human like more like creatures you could find in Equestria. There was also the fact that since they now had genders, sometimes they were too busy to answer her calls.

They even helped her develop more in her form so she could no longer say she is self taught. Fighting with lizard monsters and elemental wolves was strange and fun, thankfully none of the males had taken a pony form or she would probably get too distracted. Also Charm could swear than since the first day the number of males had been decreasing, or maybe only females tended to answer her summons due to her preferring it that way?

Then there was the fact Charm would not know the native written pony language if it wasn't because of her shared dreamscape lessons, so Charm now basically had Rarity reading skills. It was so cheap, almost as good as magic tomes, with the main difference they could not do it everyday and that it was slower. Still the fact anything learned there was hard to forget really helped both ponies with their studies.

So Charm who at first didn’t know to read the written native language was now quite prepared for when she does go to school. She won’t be starting school for some time until the next year since she had arrived at near the end of the school year, so even if she does go it would be pointless. Also she would be going to school in Ponyville, and visit Rarity in Canterlot in the weekends. There was of course, flight school, maybe she could take a Summer course?

She also had to get back the Alchemy tables she nearly forgot back in the Everfree. She had not much faith any ingredients had survived being buried after learning how the Everfree magic affected everything.

Of course, all the changes on her magic also had downsides, her summons were okay fighting her, but when she tried to make them fight each other they didn't do it. It also seemed that the summons would only be able to fight for her in places like the Everfree, as Canterlot smelled foul to them for some reason. Maybe because she had been reborn in the Everfree her magic actually worked better there? It was worth trying it out.

Plus her feathers still needed to grow back, her fur was back thank to a simple coat fur growing spell Celestia had used on her. Apparently while Celestia admitted healing was not her thing, she knew a lot of cosmetic spells like that, probably why she always looks so fabulous as Rarity would say. Charm mane and tail had been cut shorter much to Rarity annoyance.

Charm is currently lazily flapping her wings while flying in the sky above Canterlot, it became a favorite pass time now that she doesn’t have to worry about monsters of the forests or her worry for her friends safety. It was also her way of not thinking how much Rarity was gonna yell at her for leaving before she finished her new cloak.

Granted it was not true flying due to the spells she was using to compensate the fact she had lost feathers. She was basically using her magic to make herself lighter. An idea Guiding Star had given her due to how making things lose weight was part of pegasi magic. But she could not rely on those spells forever as using them left her unable to do any other type of magic while in
the air.

********

Charm was right, Rarity did yell at her a lot, then hugged her and told her to be safe. Then used her magic to make her a blue jacket.

"Is not a cloak, but it will help to keep you warm." Rarity had said before Charm had left.

*********

The next day…

Charm Feather spots a cloud in the distance bordering Ponyville by a mile or two, smiling at the now possibly test of her innate pegasus magic she flies towards it near gracefully only stumbling in the air to regain her rhythm once or twice. Landing on the cloud softly she could feel how her magic had created a field around her hooves, it wasn’t a noticeable drain on her reserves in fact it would seem she is regenerating more quickly than whatever was going on, just enough so that she could feel the contact of the cloud under hoof. Of course, she still has on the spells to make herself lighter.

The cloud felt amazing it felt like liquid silk completely covering her hoof she could just fall down and go to sleep forever.

She would have nearly done that, just sleep for a few hours then go to see Fluttershy and tell her she is there to visit. If it wasn’t for something slamming into her causing the cloud under her to suddenly disappear from the sudden force and having found she is now falling to the ground. Granted, with all the low weight spells Charm Feather had on, the impact would not be big.

But the brown pegasus panicked as she flailed her limbs completely forgetting that she has wings that could save her, in fright her wings had locked to her sides since she is not used to her new found instincts, so not finding any other solution that would save her she did the only thing she could think of, so she screamed.

Only to be saved from the fall by… Fluttershy?

"Oh my! You are so light, have you been eating well?" She said causing Charm to blush at the accusation of her weight.

Chapter End.

Omake: Charms Big Kitty Cat problem.

*Warning, don't take it too seriously*

It was a nice day out in Ponyville the sun was shining the birds are a singing and the rampaging monster was terrorizing the town.

Now some of ye may say, Charm Feather that doesn't sound like a nice day at all, well I would say, well yeah you're right, it was a nice day.

Its a funny thing about that, monsters tend to do such things, it was just a manticore, ponies are such soft fragile creatures, well most of them, these are just citizens they aren't built or forged to hunt monsters and the like.

I however was.

So I flew right up to that manticore, and give it a shove, sternly glaring at him.

“Now see here Mr just because you didn't get your juice doesn't mean you can terrorized the ponies, what would Fluttershy say if she hears about this huh?” that shut the manticore right up, yea its Fluttershy’s animal friend, little guy was the runt of the litter and was abandoned to fend for himself. I just happen to be trotting along the forests edge when I saw the little kitty and my heart went out to the little guy.

I have a soft spot for cats, this one had a scorpion tail, so extra awesome.

Little guy tried to sting me, I gave him a bap on the nose for trying, and he cried the poor dear.

That was a year ago, little fella is all grown up now.

All the little guy needed was some love, and boom, big kitty cat.

Now if everypony stops screaming in terror and hiding every time I take him for a walk, anyways cuddles, quiet you would name him that to, was upset that he doesn't get his juice, its a potion that gives all the protein his body needs, a little something from my Zebra friend Zecora has taught me, now I know how she can live in the forest, she gives this to the monsters of the forest and they leave her alone.

Rather ingenious I think.

“Now all of you quit your yapping!” I hollered out at all the little ponies rolling my eyes at everypony shutting up right quick, again fragile creatures.

“Come on now Cuddles lets get going.” I said pulling on his leash, geez if Cuddles so much as scratch an itch everypony goes bananas.

Author's Note:

Edited by: Pinklestia
and: R-A-B-G

Todays Omake was done by me, R-A-B-G Pinklestia thought it was funny and should be put up, I blushed because I was when she said that. I thinking of having it on as part of the story at some point, but I say meh, it is rather funny. Enjoy!