• Published 11th Sep 2013
  • 35,235 Views, 9,849 Comments

The Wheel and the Butterfly A Dan X Pinkie Pie Saga - Justice3442



Pinkie Pie finds herself adjusting to a new, hostile world, with a new hostile friend. Can they make it through this new misadventure together, or is it the universe that needs to watch out for them?

  • ...
95
 9,849
 35,235

PreviousChapters Next
Part 8 Dan & Pinkie Vs. Ordinary Week: Epilogue

The Wheel and the Butterfly



A Dan X Pinkie Pie saga



Part 8 Dan & Pinkie Vs. Ordinary Week



Epilogue

*****

“Hey, Pinkie!” Rainbow Dash said, greeting her friend from Twilight’s library on the other side of the large, ornate mirror. “You’ll never guess what happened to me!”

Pinkie sat giddily on the edge of her and Dan’s bed, wearing her red floral shirt and a pair of jean shorts.

“Oooo! Oooo! Uh…you ate a sandwich?”

“Uh, well that’s true, but think a bit more exciting.” Rainbow Dash replied.

“You ate a really good sandwich!” Pinkie suggested.

“More exiting!”

“You ate your weight in delicious sandwiches!”

“No! Nothing to do with sandwiches!”

“…you ate…”

“Or food.”

Pinkie paused and really gave her next answer some thought. “Hmmmmmm…You got married?”

“What?!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed. “Don’t you think if I got married you would have at least heard of the special stallion or mare, first?”

Pinkie thought some more, placing a finger against her cheek. “…You got secret married to a hot stallion and a pair of sexy filly twins.” Pinkie suggested

“I…well, no…” Rainbow Dash smiled. “But that dooooes, sound pretty awesome.” She admitted.

“Welp, I’m out of ideas.” Pinkie announced. “So, what’s the big news?!”

From the other side of the mirror, Rainbow Dash grinned from pointed ear to pointed ear.
“They made me an official Wonderbolt!”

Pinkie paused, inhaled an absolutely enormous amount of air, and began to shriek at the top of her lungs.

“aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

Dan poked his head in the bedroom. “Is this, ‘help, help I’m in peril’ screeching, or ‘girly meltdown’ screeching.”

“Uh, ‘girly meltdown’.” Pinkie answered.

Dan rolled his eyes “Well, keep it down, will ya? I’m trying to watch my shows!” He added, retreating back into the small apartments living area.

“I have no idea what you see in that guy.” Rainbow Dash admitted.

“Awww, come on!” Pinkie said with a smile. “We have lots of fun together!”

Rainbow Dash grinned mischievously, “So I’ve heard.”

“Wait...” Pinkie said, her smile dropping slightly. “Heard figuratively or literally?”

“Uh…” Dash attempted to process the odd turn of phrase. “I’m not sure what you mean…” She admitted.

“I mean, did you hear that from Twilight or Rarity, or was it more like…pant…huff…moan…Oh YES! Yes, Dan!...moan…Yes, yes, yesYESYESYES!”

Rainbow Dash stared out blankly at Pinkie. “Uh…the former…” She said.

Dan poked his head in again and stared at Pinkie with a perplexed look on his face.

Pinkie leaned her head and the rest of her body back far enough so she was staring at Dan upside down while she sported a large, Cheshire cat grin. “Just a little preview of later on…” She offered.

Dan grinned wickedly. “Alright, carry on…” He said, once again heading back towards the T.V.

Rainbow Dash merely shook her head as Pinkie leaned her body and head forward again to look at her. “So, my incredibly awesome news aside, what have you been up to?”

Pinkie smiled and shrugged. “Nothing that compares with becoming a Wonderbolt.” She replied.

“Well, of course not!” Rainbow Dash responded. “But something cool must have happened to you recently.”

“Uh…just the stuff that normally happens to me, here.” Pinkie replied with a small smile as she raised her hand in a shrug. “You know, getting mental scars from this planet, having to deal with people from Dan’s past, accidently causing mayhem, having to deal with the supernatural…that sort of stuff…”

“That uh…sounds rather interesting, actually…” Rainbow commented.

Pinkie giggled. “Hehehe…I guess so…I’m just so used to it, now. Sometimes, it just seems like this can go on forever!” She said with a large grin.

***

Waiting…

Waiting…

They say ‘Waiting is the hardest part’.

And perhaps they are right.

..Whomever they me be…it likely varies from world to world, and maybe ‘they’ do not say that at all on some.

And on others, there is not a ‘they’ to say much of anything.

Those are the best world.

Anyhow, in this place, waiting isn’t the ‘hardest part’, it is the only part.

It is a quiet place, an orderly place…

…a perfect place.

A place to sit, though we have all long since lost the need for ‘sitting’.

A place to wait, wait until all worlds are like this place.

Quiet, orderly, perfect.

A place to count, count like the hands on a giant clock, the largest, in fact. One that counts down to the end, the end of all wrongness, all chaos, all change.

In a dim place devoid of activity, save the lazily floating black blue haze that covers everything. A single, glowing halo hangs in the air over a pair of bored looking eyes. A change of color that lights the fog like lamps in the night. Though, aside from the barren ground and the haze, there isn’t really anything to see.

A pair of eyes belonging to an entity who sits, or hovers as it were, waits, and counts.

Tik.

Tok.

Is the great countdown even accurate?

The Warper is, no doubt, still out there…somewhere…causing ripples of change…

…ripples that will turn into waves…

…waves that will turn into a tsunami.

And then the great countdown will need to be recalculated again.

True, her ability is not unique. But it is an unwanted ability for an otherwise orderly world.

To be rid of gender…and the worlds where such a thing even exists…That will be nice.

If only she was born to an already chaotic world where her abilities could be planned for, calculated, and even predicted.

Such a troublesome world.

Two causes for intervention in just a bit over a millennium.

And now she is somewhere else, no doubt causing ripples on another world.

Tik.

Tok.

Waiting…

Waiting…

“Sire?” Another set of eyes appear. Adding their glow to the vast emptiness. This set is wider, somewhat worried looking.

The bored looking eyes shifted to look upon the new set.

Speech, such an archaic device. If only we had no use for such a thing.

Oh well…

All things in time.

And time is something we will never run out of it.

“Yes?” A deep voice rung out from the darkness, answering the first. The fog around the eyes rippled slightly from the auditory response.

“We found The Warper.”

The set of bored looking eyes changed to convey surprise.

Hmmm…

It will be nice to be rid of expressions as well…

“Good. How was she found?”

There was a pause, as if this other set of eyes was afraid what would happened once it spoke. “…there was…a flux in magic energy.”

What?

The already worried eyes managed to look even more worried, as if the entity that owned them would have swallowed, if such a thing was still possible.

“Two large transfers of magic energy to The Warpers new location, through an open channel of energy.” The voice paused, then added, “A channel that appears to have been open since we lost her…”

The eyes underneath the glowing halo glowered at the other pair. “Why has this only now been discovered?!”

“Sorry Sire…the channel is balanced, transferring energy both ways…up until this point, fluctuations where within tolerance, only recently did these large shifts of energy occur for The Warpers old world to her new one and alert to the new location…” Another pause. “…there is more…”

“…Continue.”

“The Warper has been using her ability, seemingly beyond what she was doing in her original world.”

Angry looking eyes changed to something resembling a glower.

“Retriever her, bring her here, end her. We shall calculate the damage she has done and see how her mass and energy can be used to best fix this change.” The deep voice commanded.

“Yes, sire…” The second pair of eyes answered, fading back into the haze.

Waiting…

Waiting…

Tik.

TOK.

*****

End Part 8

Author's Note:

“For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. For me, it was Tuesday.” –M. Bison, Street Fighter (1994)

PreviousChapters Next