• Published 11th Sep 2013
  • 35,352 Views, 9,850 Comments

The Wheel and the Butterfly A Dan X Pinkie Pie Saga - Justice3442



Pinkie Pie finds herself adjusting to a new, hostile world, with a new hostile friend. Can they make it through this new misadventure together, or is it the universe that needs to watch out for them?

  • ...
95
 9,850
 35,352

PreviousChapters Next
Part 6 Pinkie & Dan Vs. Camping: Chapter 30 Pinkie Vs. Video Games

The Wheel and the Butterfly



A Dan X Pinkie Pie saga



Part 6 Pinkie & Dan Vs. Camping



Chapter 30 Pinkie Vs. Video Games

****

“That’s a wrap!”

GRRRAH!” Dan sounded in frustration.

“Three in a roooow~!” Pinkie sang out, flicking her colorful, multi-bracelet clad wrist up and holding the controller upside down in her pink nail-polished hand. The bracelets completed the ensemble of a short-sleeved red shirt with a floral pattern, and rolled-up jean shorts.

Dan turned to glare at his roomie on the opposite end of the couch. “It’s just because you have some bizarre affinity with Peacock!” Dan insisted.

Pinkie shrugged, smiled and extended an elbow out, placing finger tips upon her heart. “What can I say? Her cartoony, violent tendencies speak to me on a deep personal level.” She said closing her eyes for dramatic effect.

“Grrr…Just…pick someone else and I’ll clean your clock.”

“Wait…” Pinkie paused and glanced to the ceiling, tapping on her cheek with her free hand. “Do I even own a clock?..And is it dirty?”

“THAT’S NOT WHAT I MEANT, YOU IDIOT!” Dan bellowed.

Pinkie looked back at Dan with a pout.

Dan sighed and took a few calming breaths. “Look, can we randomly select our characters for a while?”

A smile slowly spread across Pinkie’s face. “Random, huh? Dan, I’m not sure if we met.” Pinkie extended a hand across the couch. “I’m Pinkie Pie and I’m the Princess of Random.”

Dan furrowed his brow at the hand for a second, but it gave way to a small, wicked grin as he reached out and shook it. “Well, Princess, I hope you like ‘crow’ because it’s what you’ll be eating for the next several rounds.”

Pinkie paused again, retracting her hand. “I thought we were having chicken for dinner…” Pinkie said with a confused expression. “Do crows even have that much meat on them?”

Dan rolled his eyes. “Just select ‘Random’.”

“Oh…Okay!” Pinkie responded enthusiastically.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, it’s…Showtime”

Pinkie narrowed her eyes slightly and scrunched her lips to one side of her face.

Cerebella, huh? Well at least Dan didn’t get Painwh…

In a flurry of button pushing and analog stick moving, the fight was over.

“It’s super effective!”

Pinkie’s eyes went wide as she stared at the screen.

Dan’s small, wicked grin had grown up into a big, toothy, evil smile. “Sorry, Pinkie. Circus antics aren’t going to cut it against a classy lady with an umbrella that fires napalm.”

Pinkie turned back to the screen with determination. “Beginners luck. I won’t go easy on you next time.”

*But then…*

“Alright, alright, show’s over”

Pinkie’s eye twitched as a corner of her mouth raised in a small grimace.

*And then…*

“Can I have a round of applause for our contestants?”

“Grrrrr…”

*And still…*

“And now, a word from our sponsors!”

“WHY?!”

*And again…*

“That’s all, folks!”

Pinkie’s beet-red face contorted into rage as she gritted her teeth.

“Hey! You’re getting better.” Dan said. “Or at least…less terrible.” He added with a smug smile.

With a frustrated growl, Pinkie sat up, and marched into the bedroom.

“Leaving so soon?” Dan sang out. “We can go best of 15.” He suggested with the same smug smile plastered on his face. A smile that quickly departed as Pinkie marched back out of the bedroom with her pink crowbar resting on her shoulder, carried in both hands as if she was holding a baseball bat.

“Uh…may I enquire as to what you plan on doing with that?” Dan asked in a rather concerned tone of voice.

Pinkie marched up to the T.V. and eyed the video game console on the ground. “Rectifying a mistake.” She answered as she held the crowbar above her head.

“WAIT!” Dan pleaded.

Pinkie turned her head and fixed Dan with narrow, blue eyes, leaving the crowbar held high in the air. “What?”

“Err…your Nino no Kuni saves are on there!”

Pinkie lowered the crowbar, and bowed her head. “You’re right Dan. I don’t know WHAT I was thinking. I can’t destroy those…”

Dan breathed a sigh of relief. “Good, now maybe we can find something less compete…”

Pinkie turned her head without shifting her body and stared at Dan with somewhat detached, vacant eyes. “But I can destroy you.” Pinkie said coldly. She moved her body to face Dan while fixing him with a stare, keeping her head in the same position. Her vacant eyes seemed to focus and Dan could see a glint of madness in them that sent shivers down his spine.

“What?! Pinkie, wait! WHOA!” Dan dove behind the couch as Pinkie brought down the crowbar on the cushion he was sitting on mere moments ago. The impact of Dan hitting the floor caused a wooden baseball bat that was leaned against the nearby wall to clatter to the ground and rolled towards him.

Dan reached for the baseball bat and quickly got back to his feet. “Uh…Pinkie? I’m usually all for violently delivered vengeance, but maybe we can…talk about this?” Dan offered, holding the baseball bat in front of him and raising his eyebrows a few times.

“Naw.” Pinkie said simply. “I think I’ll try it your way, for a change.” A mad smile erupted across Pinkie’s face. “En garde.”

Pinkie closed the distance between her and Dan and took a horizontal swing at Dan’s ribs.

Dan lowered his bat and attempted to block, but only succeed in deflecting the blow slightly. He felt a sharp pain in his side as cold steel collided with skin and bone.

He winced as Pinkie’s mad smile grew, she pulled back for another swing, keeping a close eye on Dan’s bat.

Rather than retreat, Dan stepped in even closer to Pinkie, and quickly raised the handle of the bat up.

Pinkie’s eyes tracked the bat as the club drew away from her, missing the fact that the knob at the bottom of the bat was rapidly approaching her face.

Before Pinkie had time to swing again, Dan clocked her chin with the knob of the bat.

Pinkie’s head flew back and she stumbled backwards into the couch. One hand let go of the crowbar and reached out for the couch, steading Pinkie. Her mad smile sifted as she lowered her head back down to glower at Dan.

Dan’s expression had shifted, too. He was now smiling madly with eyes to match. “You want to play rough, roomie? Then, let’s play rough.” He said with a hint of excitement.

“GRRRAAH!” Pinkie lunged at Dan with a frustrated growl, swinging her weapon.

Likewise, Dan matched the lunge and swing and the two combatants rapidly closed weapons on each other.

*Several minutes of close quarter bludgeoning followed by closer quarter hand-to-hand combat later…*

“Dan?” Pinkie asked from under her roommate’s body, a hand raised up to his face. “How did we end up like this?”

“You attacked me with a crowbar because I kept beating you at Skullgirls.” Dan reminded as he pinned one of Pinkie’s arms down with his hand and held himself up off the ground with the other.

“Oh, rightwelllll, the knee in my sternum is telling me that I probably over reacted there…”

PROBABLY?!” Dan roared.

“Yeah…I’m in the…cough…wrong here.” Pinkie admitted. “I suck.”

Dan shot her a glare with one eye, the other eye a tad preoccupied with the thumb that was being pushed into it.

“Truce?” Pinkie asked. “This REALLY hurts.” She choked out.

Dan took a calming breath and shifted his leg so he could push off the ground and lift himself up. He offered a hand to Pinkie, which she accepted as Dan helped her to her feat.

Dan rubbed his eye with a hand and continued staring a dagger at Pinkie with the other.

Well, to her credit. She gave as good as she got.

To her detriment, SHE ATTACKED ME WITH A FRICKIN’ CROWBAR!

Pinkie’s lower lip quivered as she fully processed what had just transpired. “I’m really sorry Dan.” Tears began to form in Pinkie’s eyes. “I don’t know what I was thinking…sob…I’M A MONSTER! WUAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaa!” Pinkie buried her face into her hands and sobbed into her palms.

Dan’s expression softened. He put a hand on Pinkie’s shoulder and led her over to the couch, sitting her down and sitting next to her. “There, there crybaby. We’ve all assaulted our friends with a potentially lethal instrument at one time or another.” Dan spread his arms out wide, keeping his injured eye shut. “Come on, stop blubbering. You’re forgiven.”

SNNNIFF…Reeeally?” Pinkie asked, lowering her hands revealing a small smile, tears still in her eyes.

Dan smiled and extended his arms out a few times to emphasize his uncharacteristic desire for a hug.

Pinkie leaned in and embraced Dan as the two wrapped their arms around each other, cringed painfully, and quickly pulled away, rubbing bruises.

“Uhhh…let’s save hugging for when we’re not covered in bruises we inflicted on each other.” Dan suggested.

“Yeah…” Pinkie said in agreement. “Next time I’m mad at you, I think I’ll stick to tickle torture.”

“Could you wait until the bruises on my ribs heal?”

“…No promises.” Pinkie answered with a sheepish smile. “Ooo!” Pinkie looked at the eye Dan still held close due having her thumb shoved into it. “Eye patch!” Pinkie said simply, shoving a hand in between the couch cushions and retrieving a black eye patch.

“Thanks.” Dan said as he took the eye patch and placed it around his head, covering the injured eye.

“I told you it was worthwhile to stash eye patches around the apartment in case of eye patch emergency.” Pinkie said with a smile.

“Yeah.” Dan responded, “Though I’m guessing you weren’t thinking I’d need one because you stuck a thumb in my eye.” Dan grumbled irritably.

Pinkie’s smile dropped. “Dan, I really am sorry that I attacked you like that! You’re like my bestest friend in the whole wide world! I’d never want something bad to happen to you, let alone inflict it!” Pinkie explained.

Dan raised his free eyebrow at Pinkie. “Excluding times when I’ve pushed you into a desire to see me stabbed, I’m guessing.”

Pinkie sighed and raised her feet and legs onto couch, wrapping her arms around her knees and placing her chin on them. “I’m not really proud of those times, either.” Pinkie admitted. She thought for a moment. “I guess…I guess this place is starting to get to me a bit.”

“Uh, the apartment? I mean…I guess it’s pretty small for two people.”

“No, no, no, no, no, no!” Pinkie insisted, placing her feet back on the ground and her hands about. “I really love our cozy apartment together.” She said with a quick smile. “It’s the city that’s starting to get to me.”

“Oh…well…it is a hotbed of morons and mouth-breathers.” Dan responded.

“It’s not JUST that…” Pinkie paused and glanced to the side as she rubbed her chin with her free hand. “Though, I must admit that it’s seemingly mostly populated by a cast of incredibly dense, oblivious people…and stereotypes for some reason.” Pinkie frowned. “Who often want my phone number.” She added.

Pinkie looked back at Dan and continued. “But, I guess there’s just parts of home that I’m really starting to miss.”

“Maybe we can throw another cross-dimensional party?” Dan suggested.

Pinkie smiled. “Well, Rainbow Dash and Spike seemed to really like the Ramones, and Twilight obviously found them easy-peasy to dance to.” Pinkie cocked her head slightly, “Though, I think Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy might need a break from punk.”

“Poor Fluttershy spent most the party hiding under a chair…” Dan mused.

Pinkie creased her brow. “Yeah…she’s more of a song-birdy and classical music type. Anyhow, I miss being with them. But I can still see them and hangout with them when I want. What I’m really missing is trees that have branches, and not falling asleep to the sound of sirens and gunfire, and rodents that aren’t of unusual size that attack me when I come back with a bag full of groceries.”

“To be fair, that last one is probably just localized to this apartment complex.” Dan said, pointing an index finger at Pinkie. He narrowed his eye. “Wait. Are you suggesting we go camping?!”

Pinkie’s face changed to a pout. “And what if I am?”

“Pinkie! Camping is where people get mauled by wild cats, or murdered by serial killers, or even attacked by bears after a bear pheromone mishap!”

Pinkie’s eyes turned sad, and her lower lip began to quiver.

“NO! Not ‘the face’! Please…” Dan pleaded, his voice giving way to a sigh. “…fine.” Dan said, hanging his head.

“Yay!” Pinkie said with a smile. “Ooo! Ooo! We should see if Chris and Elise want to come!”

Dan smiled. “Good thinking! They can distract the serial killer with their stabable bodies while we make our escape!”

“Right!” Pinkie responded with a smile. “Wait, what?” Pinkie asked crinkling her brow at Dan.

“Uh…I mean…The blood-thirsty killer will be too busy savagely murdering them to notice when we flee!”

“…Dan, you just rephrased the same thing you said earlier.” Pinkie informed.

“Didn’t I?” Dan said with a sly smile.

“Uhhh…” Pinkie smiled nervously. “I’m just going to go call Elise now…”

PreviousChapters Next