• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 9,494 Views, 177 Comments

The Legend of Zelda: Equestria - James



After Link saved Hyrule and Midna returned to the Twilight Realm, Link continues to travel the land for adventure. A year has passed and our hero in green revisits the Sacred Grove where the Master Sword resides only to later discover a portal.

  • ...
15
 177
 9,494

Chapter 2

As Link, still in beast form, ran up a hill to get a better view of where the yellow pegasus had gone to, thoughts began to race throughout his head. That was a real pegasus! That creature is supposed to be a myth! Where did that portal transport me to? When Link reached the top of the hill, he looked over at the landscape before him. He saw a town off in the distance. A town! Maybe someone can tell me where I am. But before that... Link used the powers of the Master Sword to return to his Hylian form and then set out towards the town. After a few minutes of running, the hero in green spotted six figures in the distance. Link used his Hawkeye mask that he bought from Malo and examined the figures. His jaw dropped when he saw the two earth horses, two pegasi, and what surprised him the most, two unicorns. Link recognized one of the pegasi as the one he scared earlier. That's when he had a realization. He scared a innocent pegasus. The innocent pegasus has innocent friends. The innocent friends get revenge by hurting the one who scared the innocent pegasus. The one they need to hurt is him. He can't fight back because they're innocent. But what he CAN do...


"There it is! Capture it girls!" Twilight ordered as she spotted Link in the distance.

All six bearers of the Elements of Harmony charged towards the hero in green. Suddenly, Twilight saw the creature hold something up. Is that... a boomerang? Twilight's thoughts were interrupted when the creature threw the boomerang at the six mares. Twilight's eyes widened in surprise as a whirlwind formed around the boomerang and proceeded to toss all five of her friends, but not her. The impact of the whirlwind dazed the five mares, but didn't hurt them in anyway. Relieved, Twilight proceeded to chase the creature, forcing to leave her friends behind.

The Gale Boomerang flew back into Link's hand, who turned around to hopefully see no one was still chasing him. Link cursed under his breath when he saw Twilight still in hot pursuit and started to argued with the spirit inside of the boomerang.

"Why can the Fairy of Winds target only five things at a time? Can't you make the boomerang target at least ten?"

The Fairy of Winds spirit replied "I have my limits, o brave youth."

Link rolled his eyes. He turned around only to start panicking when he realized how close the purple unicorn was getting. The hero in green acted quickly and touched the Shadow Crystal inside one of his pouches. Now in his beast form, Link moved faster, but now maintained the same speed as Twilight. Fortunately for Link, his sudden change in physical appearance left Twilight in awe and made her steps falter, giving the hero in green a bit more distance from her, before fixing her composure and continuing the chase. Twilight chased beast Link all the way across the grassy field under Celestia's bright sun. As Link ran, he saw a forest in the distance. I can lose this horse in there! Link thought. Beast Link leaped threw the trees and continued to work his four legs, easily dodging the tree roots and branches that got in his way. Twilight was not so fortunate. She tripped and bumped into every tree related thing in the forest. Eventually, she couldn't see the creature in front of her anymore. The unicorn stopped in her tracks and looked down in defeat. She turned around to go back to Ponyville, but froze in fear. She was in a clearing that was surrounded by a dark, vast array of trees in the middle of the Everfree Forest. But that wasn't what caused her to freeze. It was the growling, vicious, and hungry barking of the Timberwolves. Twilight Sparkle screamed.


"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Link, now back to Hylian form, turned towards the noise. It was the purple unicorn! Without any hesitation, the hero of Hyrule sprinted back to the source of the scream.


Twilight tried defending herself by shooting bolts of magic at the ravenous Timberwolves, but there were too many. With her magic and energy low, she used the rest of her magic to create a barrier around herself. The barrier was weak and was easily broken by the Timberwolves. This is it? My life ends here? But I still have so much to do! I still need to keep sending Princess Celestia friendship reports. I also can't leave my friends! I can't leave Spike. I can't leave everyone. I don't want to leave... A tear trickled down the side of Twilight's cheek as a Timberwolf was about to pounce on her.


Then she heard someone shout.


Link shouted at the wooden wolves surrounding the purple unicorn. Wait. Wooden wolves? But before Link could think about it, a Timberwolf pounced towards him. With a clear head, Link quickly unsheathed the Master Sword with his left hand and struck the blade diagonally down across the Timberwolfs face. As it immediately broke down into a pile of splinters and wood, the hero in green grabbed his Hylian shield in his right arm. Another wolf pounced behind Link. With his quick targeting skills, he turned around at lightning speed and brought his shield towards the wolf in the air. He then used one of the Hidden Skills taught by the mysterious Golden Wolf, Shield Attack. Link jerked his shield violently against the wolfs face which completely shattered by the brute force of the Hylian shield. At that point, the entire pack of Timberwolves started to circle around Link.

If a normal person or pony were to see this, they would think it was all over for the young hero, but you never underestimate the one who bears the Triforce of Courage. Link closed his eyes, concentrating. The surrounding Timberwolves all began to pounce.

You have at your disposal the basic sword technique known as the spin attack. You now have in you the ability to magnify the power of your spin attack. But the only time you can draw out that power is when your life energy is brimming full. -Golden Wolf

Link opened his eyes.

The hero in green crouched with one foot on the ground farther from him. He stuck his sword out, blade tip facing completely away from him. Then in one fell swoop, he used his leg to spin his body around with incredible force. Using the momentum that was created by his leg, the blade cut threw every single Timberwolf in the area. The Great Spin's reach was big enough to cut down even a nearby tree. Not only did Link do this once, but four times. This utterly reduced the vicious Timberwolves into the outcome product of a wood chipper.

This was all witnessed by the five of Twilight's friends, who all stared at Link, who was caked in wooden dust. They arrived a little bit after Link initiated the fight with the pack of Timberwolves and tended to their purple friend. Link slowly approached the group of ponies who were still tending to Twilight. An orange mare with a blonde mane was gently cradling Twilight's head. The orange mare looked up at Link, who stopped his advance towards them. Link didn't want to look like he was gonna hurt them, but that thought was pushed away when the mare put on a sad smile. The expression told Link that the mare was grateful for what he's done, but why was it sad? It made sense when he got closer to Twilight, who was lying on her back, looking upwards.

The purple unicorns breathing was very shallow. She had a small pool of her blood around her. There were claw and bite marks around her body. A white unicorn mare with a beautiful purple mane had big splotches of Twilight's blood on her coat. She was desperately trying to use her magic to heal Twilight's wounds as she used her hooves to stop the bleeding. A cyan pegasus mare with a rainbow mane was desperately trying to hold back tears as she silently hoped that her friend would make it. A pink mare with a flat, pink mane was looking directly down as tears fell from her eyes and onto the ground. Then there was the yellow pegasus, the one that Link met before. She had a worried look on her face, but no tears were in her eyes. Instead, she had confidence. Confidence that told her that Twilight will not leave now, that she will stay with us. She didn't want to believe in the possibility of Twilight leaving.

But then the shallow breathing grew quicker. Blood continued to flow out of the wounds. Twilight had no strength left to speak. She simply smiled, hoping to give one last happy memory to her friends. Fluttershy started to cry. Light left Twilight's eyes. Game Over.



Twilight Sparkle is dead.

Author's Note:

Eyooo! Now please don't throw this story out. Trust me, wait until the next chapter. There's also a hint in this chapter. Keep the answers to yourselves though! I don't want you to spoil the next part for someone else. :3