• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 3,954 Views, 92 Comments

Mobius and Equestria: Worlds Collide - AngelShy24



When Solar Dusk escapes from Equestria to Mobius, old and new friends must unite to save both worlds!

  • ...
8
 92
 3,954

Chapter 8: Sonic -VS- Rainbow Dash

(Sorry it took so long to finish this one chapter; I've been having a bit of wirter's block on this lately... not to mention some other things that have kept me busy. But anyway, here it is...ENJOY!)

Twilight and all of her friends… as well as most of the others suddenly found themselves being summoned to Tails’ workshop where they found Sonic and Rainbow Dash standing side by side each other doing different kinds of warm-up exercises and looking at each other intensely while doing it. They soon realized just what was going on.

"What's this Ah hear about a race?" said Applejack as she approached.

"Your friend, Rainbow Dash challenged Sonic to a race to prove who is the fastest," Tails answered.

Applejack arched her eye at Rainbow Dash and said, "Oh did she now? Why am Ah not surprised?"

Rarity, who thought the whole idea was foolish came up to Rainbow Dash from behind wondering what what she got herself into, "Rainbow Dash, we’re preparing for a possible full-out battle. Exactly how did this come to be?"

Rainbow smiled and said proudly, "Well since you asked… I’ll tell ya.”

------------

The thing is, I had this idea in my head ever since we met Sonic. And after seeing him batting that robotic clone of himself, I got to see firsthand of just how fast he really is. After the battle, I wasn’t quite sure how to go about it; but after some careful thought and consideration, I ended up finding Sonic and went down to him to offer him my challenge!

"Sonic the Hedgehog, I challenge you to a race!"

"You... challenge me... to a race? You sure are asking for a lot from me, aren’t you?"

"Say what you want, but you knew that this was coming from the very moment that we met. You’re the fastest in your world, and I'm the fastest in my world. So the only way to find out who is the fastest between the two of us is to have a race of wits!”

“I just don’t know. I’d hate to humiliate you in front of all of your friends.”

“Yeah, well I won’t feel sorry for humiliating you in front of yours! What the matter, Sonic? A little nervous that you’ll lose to a pegasus in a test of pure speed?”

“Well… I never said that; and I guess this would be a great chance to stretch out my legs before we take down that pony enemy of yours.”

“Does that mean that you accept?”

“Very well, Rainbow Dash… I accept your challenge!”

“May the best speedster win!”

-----------

“And that brings us to where we are now; the part where I beat his butt and make him eat my dust!”

Rarity just sighed and shook her head feeling slightly annoyed, “Honestly, darling, can’t you go anywhere without trying to challenge someone? We’re in the middle of a semi-crisis here.”

“Not to worry, Miss Rarity,” said Sonic with a smirk, “I’m sure this race won’t take too long; and I think we all know who is going to win anyway.”

Suddenly, Pinkie popped up in front of them and shouted,“Yeah! Rainbow Dash is definitely going to win! She never lets anypony outshine her… or any hedgehog; so… yeah! Rainbow Dash is definitely going to win!”

“You bet your flank, Pinkie Pie!” said Rainbow Dash.

“Wait a minute!” said Amy as she got up in Pinkie’s face, “What makes you think that Sonic won’t win?”

“Well, he is pretty fast, but Rainbow Dash is faster! It just makes more sense.”

“No way, Sonic could run laps around your pegasus friend! He’s called the fastest thing alive for a reason!”

“No way, Rainbow Dash is the fastest!”

“No, Sonic is!”

“Oh boy,” said Cream as she felt awkward of the situation.

‘Chao chao’

Just then, Fluttershy calmly walked up to the quarrelling twosome and said, “Um, I don’t mean to intrude on this argument, but… since they’re both so fast, shouldn’t we just wait to see who wins… and then maybe argue about it afterwards?”

“Yeah, you’re right, Fluttershy!” said Pinkie smiling, “That makes a lot more sense!”

“Okay, sure,” said Amy, “You make a good point.”

Sonic and Rainbow Dash were just standing there feeling a little surprised.

“Wow, I didn’t know we were going to make it that serious,” said Rainbow Dash.

“Its all part of the competition,” said Sonic, “Its nice to have fans who root only for you.”

To help them keep track of this race, Tails had brought and setted up one of his homemade computer devices that would take care of everything. “Well… now that we got all of that out of the way, here is how the race will work! As you see on this monitor here, these little blinking lights that you see are little tracking bots that will sense you two as race. You’ll run all the way to the opposite west end of Green Hill; from there, you’ll burst through part of the huge forest that surrounds this area on a set path; and then you’ll see the tall and majestic Frozen Top Mountain. Go all the way to the peak top and run back down on the opposite side where you’ll run into Dusty Desert!. From there, all you two have to do is keep running on ahead until you reach the twin pyramids of Boom Boo. Oh, and look out for any giant sand dune crabs. They’re pretty territorial about their surroundings. Then just turn right around and go back the way you came and head back here. First one to cross the finish line wins!”

“Wait, did she just say giant crabs?” said Spike to Twilight.

Tails was almost out of breath after describing all of that to the two speed demons, “Whew, any questions?”

“I do!” said Pinkie looking closer at the machine, “How in the world do you get all of these things to work? You must be some kind of genius!”

“Um… that’s because I kinda am. I thought you realized that when you snuck into my workshop and messed with my stuff.”

“But even so, this is pretty impressive,” said Twilight, “It's unlike anything I could come up with.”

“That’s our Tails,” said Sonic proudly, “always impressing us with his scientific talent whether we understand it or not.”

With everything set, the race was about to go underway. But then, it was halted as Amy suddenly shouted, “Wait a minute! I just realized a huge flaw in this race!”

“And what would that be, missy?” Rainbow Dash questioned.

“Sonic can run fast, but she can fly fast! Wouldn’t it be a bit unfair for her to have the wide open freedom in the air and Sonic having more limited space on the ground?”

Everyone suddenly stood at a stand still realizing that Amy was right..

“Oh my gosh,” said Cream, “Amy does have a point.”

‘Chao chao.’

“Indeed she does,” said Sonic nodding her head, “Looks like we have a problem on our hands.”

Rainbow Dash crossed her hooves and sighed as she said, “You’re telling me. I’m all for winning, but I wish to win fair and square.”

“So what are we going to do,” said Fluttershy.

Angel just shrugged not coming up with any ideas himself.

“I already thought of that situation,” said Tails proudly, “which is why I created these.” Tails went over to Rainbow Dash and Sonic while handing out two pair of tech-like shades, “Put these on please.”

“Sure thing,” said Sonic.

“Um, okay...” Rainbow Dash responded.

When they placed them on, they both gasped in shocked seeing something through the lenses that astonished them.

“Whoa! What the... “ stated Rainbow Dash.

Pinkie was hoping up and down excitedly wondering what the shades did. “What do you see?! What do you see?!”

“Basically this.” Tails brought up some extra details on his monitor that showed a trail of flashing lights that formed a set path for Sonic and Rainbow Dash to run through. “This is basically what Sonic and Rainbow Dash can see; my tiny microbugs all lined up a few meters apart like a road on the ground and the air. Now they can both clearly see and travel on the same path without any risk of going off the path.”

Sonic whistled and gave Tails a thumbs up, “Sweet.”

“Plus, I installed them with a motion- sensor protocol. Go outside the microbugs’ area, and a little ring will sound in your ears to let you know that you’re out of bounds. Am I good or what.”

Everyone was very surprised; especially Rainbow Dash and her friends who couldn’t believe that such a young soul could create something so complicated.

“This is insane!” said Rainbow Dash in shock, “How the heck are you able to create all these things by yourself?!”

“He’s a genius, remember?” said Sonic, “Plus, you’d be surprised how much free time he gets around here.”

“So does this mean that this race is still on?” said Applejack.

“Oh… it is so on,” Rainbow Dash answered as she pressed her face against Sonic’s.

“My thoughts exactly,” Sonic agreed.

As the two racers got back to dashing position, everybody was ready to see them off. Spike was getting a bit hyped up himself thinking of two very fast creatures racing side by side against each other.

“Man, this race is going to be sick.”

“Silly Spike,” said Pinkie, “a race can’t be sick! The racers in a race could be, but not the race itself.”

Spike kinda leered at her and was about to say something; but Twilight stopped him, “Just let it go, Spike.”

“ Alright, racers; ready?” shouted Tails as he held up a mini pistol.

“So how long do you think this race will take us to complete?” said Rainbow Dash to Sonic.

“For an average being, probably a couple of days at least. For us… probably 10 minutes.”

“Or less,” Rainbow Dash chuckled.

“Oh brother,” said Twilight to herself who heard.

Suddenly, Tails’ pistol went off as he shouted, “GO!!!”

Then faster than you could blink, both Sonic and Rainbow Dash took off forward from the starting line so fast that strong winds had picked up in the area, and most of everyone there had to hold on to something to keep themselves from flying away. Pretty soon, the winds ceased and everything was calm again. Everyone, was catching their breath and collecting themselves from the sudden rush.

“Sweet Celestia!” said Rarity, “that was rather… frightening.”

“Oh dear!” said Fluttershy who caught Cream, Cheese and Angel, “Are you guys okay?”

Cream just smiled, and said, “We’re fine. We witness moments like this all the time.”

‘Chao chao chao.’

But poor Angel was frozen and breathing heavily feeling scared out of his wits.

“Whoo-hoo! Now that’s what I call an awesome beginning!” shouted Pinkie, “Just imagine what it will be like when they come back.

Everyone else looked worried thinking that wasn’t something to look forward to.

“No all we have to do is watch their icons on this screen and wait for them to come back,” said Tails, “… which won’t be too long I’m sure.”

----------

After taking off, Sonic and Rainbow Dash zoomed down the set path Tails had created for their rivalry race. However to test Sonic, Rainbow Dash slowed down a bit just to see how fast Sonic went at first. Eventually, she caught back up to him again and asked...

“Hey, Sonic; is that the real limit to your speed?!”

“Heh, hardly!” Sonic responded as he was watching where he was going.

Rainbow Dash chuckled in knowing that she was right and told him, “In that case, try to keep up!”

And like that, Rainbow dashed on ahead of Sonic leaving him feeling astonished. “She’s a bit faster than I thought. Heh, not bad.”

He then used his own speed to catch up to Rainbow and was trying to pass her again. During the whole time racing over the plains of Green Hill, neither of the racers tried to do any tricks againt each other nor were they way warding off the set path. They were keeping it nice and fair respecting each other in the name of sport.

“These things really help!” said Rainbow Dash, “I haven’t gone out of bounds yet! Just need to keep up the pace and win this thing!”

Sonic then smirked at her as he sped up ahead, “You were saying!”

“Heh, guess you weren't lying about what you said. Looks like this race will be over before we know.”

“Well its not over yet; time for a little stroll through Green Hill forest.”

That where they were headed; they were already at the west end of Green Hill, and the set path was leading them to a dirt road that went into the forest that surrounded most of the area.

“More like a mad dash through the forest,” said Rainbow Dash, “Speaking of…”

She then dash on ahead of Sonic again catching him off guard, and he followed close behind her as they went into the forest. Meanwhile inside it, Big the Cat was sitting by a river that was near the dirt path. He was in the middle of fishing with his frog friend when suddenly he got a bite. He quickly stood up and reeled it in revealing it’s big size.

"Look, I got another fish, Froggy! Its a lot bigger than the last one too."

'Ribbit!'

He was so proud and placed it in a bucket with some other fish that he caught; then he sat back down and threw the fishing line in the river again. But just then, he heard a nearby whooshing sound nearby that made him curious.

"Hmm... do you hear something?"

Then out of nowhere, a huge gust of wind blew by him very fast. While he didn’t move and Froggy was holding on to him, the bucket tossed over and the fish inside were released back into the water. He solemnly looked at his empty bucket and said, "Aww, I can't believe it…” and then he smiled and cheered, “I get to catch them all again!”

After zooming through the forest, Rainbow Dash and Sonic came back out into the sun across a small grassy plain; and up ahead they saw the tall and majestic Frozen Top Mountain. The two runners were neck and neck with each other once again as they headed for the mountain both feeling impressed by each other’s determination.

“Man, this guy’s good,” Rainbow Dash thought, “He certainly lives up to his reputation.”

“This pegasus girl definitely has some guts,” Sonic thought, “I guess she lives up to her status in her world.” As they began to race up the mountain, it got colder the higher they. They were both used to dealing with cold climates; but even so, they were both still slightly shivering from the temperature.

“Whoa, it really is c-c-c-c-cold up here,” said Rainbow Dash keeping her composure,“You’re n-n-n-not going to g-g-give up now, a-a-a-are you?”

“Please; you’d be surprised how many ice-like places I’ve been in. This is nothing to me!”

“Yeah, w-w-well me n-neither!”

They both got to the top of the mountain and then made their way down to the opposite side. They could suddenly see the huge desert land below, and the temperature started to warm back up.

“Its hard to believe that its really cold up here and then there’s a whole desert down there on the bottom,” stated Rainbow Dash, “That fact still confuses me back home!"

“Mother nature is a awesome thing, isn’t it!?” said Sonic, "You never know what to expect sometimes!"

“Its a bit weird to me actually! But being a pegasus I guess I should’ve known that! We control the climate weather in our world you know!”

“Guess I shouldn’t be surprised; but then again, I’ve seen weirder things!”

Once they were at the bottom, Sonic and Rainbow Dash continued on forward through the Dusty Desert. Still at close distance between each other with Sonic in the slight lead, they were on the look out for the temple landmark.

“Alright, that temple should be up ahead somewhere!” said Sonic, “And once we reach it, its a mad dash back to the others to see who can get to the finish faster! Better not let your guard down!”

Just then while looking around their surroundings, a curious thought came into Rainbow Dash’s head, “Hey, didn’t that fox friend of yours say something that we had to watch out for; something about crabs?!”

“Yeah, he did,” Sonic responded, “but I’m sure we have nothing to worry about! If we just keep going forward, I doubt we’ll stir up any trouble!”

But suddenly, the ground began to vibrate violently, and then a giant claw shot up in front of both racers from below the sand blocking their path.

“Whoa!” shouted Rainbow Dash as she screeched to a halt.

Both Sonic and Rainbow Dash watched as a group of 5 giant dune crab came up in front of them staring them down and snapping their claws.

“Heh, guess I could be wrong about a lot of things,” said Sonic smirking but also feeling a bit nervous.

“Those are some big dune crabs!” shouted Rainbow Dash, “Why would Tails program his bugs to lead us this way if these guys are here?!”

“He wouldn’t. These guys are suppose to be at the west end of this desert, not the east. I guess some of them relocated.”

“Well, lets just get past them!” Rainbow Dash demanded, “I refuse to let them interfere with our race!”

“I agree; lets go!”

Rainbow Dash was easily maneuvering around the giant crabs and their killer claws to continue on, but when she looked back, she noticed that Sonic wasn’t getting around them so easily. “What the… what’s going on?!”

“I’m fast, but these guys take up a lot of space and are not letting me through.” Sonic kept trying to get around the crabs, but he kept having to backtrack to avoid their claw strikes. They look pretty mad! Hey, is that all you got?!”

The crabs then had Sonic surrounded to where he could escape and were about to take him out.

“Hey crab heads! Watch out, its raining awesomeness!”

But just in time, Rainbow Dash came by and knocked a couple of crabs to the side freeing Sonic from their trap. They could’ve continued their race, but knew that they might be a problem later. So they came up with a plan.

“Temporary truce?” said Rainbow Dash.

Sonic smiled as he nodded, “Let’s take them out!”

-------------

(Back in Green Hill Zone…)

“Ugh, I still think this whole race thing is silly,” said Rarity feeling a bit stressed out, “Most of the time that I stared at that screen those two have been neck and neck. Couldn’t they just agree that they are both just as equally fast?”

“Oh just let them have their fun, Rarity,” said Twilight, “It a great way to pass the time.”

“Yeah, even though it might be over in a few minutes,” said Spike.

Everyone was hanging around together at Tails machine while Sonic and Rainbow Dash raced. Some were watching the screen and some were having some nice conversations. BUt everyone stopped what they were doing when Tails looked at the screen and said...

“Huh, that’s weird.”

Most of them went over to him to see what was going on.

“What’s weird?!” said Pinkie as she hopped over to them.

“Ah ain’t exactly a whiz with electronic doohickeys,” said Applejack, “but according to this Sonic and Rainbow Dash suddenly stopped in the desert. Check it out.”

‘Chao chao chao chao.’

“I’m sure they’re alright, Cheese,” said Cream, “Don’t worry.”

“But why would they stop there… and in the middle of a race too?” Amy wondered, “Something isn’t right.”

But as they were all observing the screen, something occurred to Fluttershy, “Hey, Tails? Didn’t you say something about dangerous crabs being in that desert?”

“Yeah; but I only said that to make things seem a bit more exciting. They shouldn’t be in the area where I set my microbugs!”

“Well if that is the case, looks like they’re being held up a bit,” said Spike.

“Judging by the movement of their signals,” said Twilight, “looks like they’re working together to escape those creatures. Heh, that’s just like Rainbow Dash; even in the middle of a race she help out anyone in need.”

Angel actually smirked and nodded his head in agreement.

“And Sonic too,” said Cream excitedly, “Guess those two have even more in common than we knew.”

‘Chao chao chao!’

Amy just crossed her arms and sighed, “Yeah, whatever.”

-------------

Back in Dusty Desert, Sonic and Rainbow Dash had no problem knocking out the giant troublemaking crabs together. The path was now cleared and the race could continue.

“Well… those guys weren’t so tough,” said Rainbow Dash sweating a bit, “That wasn’t even a warm-up!”

While stretching his legs, Sonic said, “But we just knocked them out, they’ll wake up again soon.”

“You make a good point. And now that’s all over, you know what that means?”

Sonic and Rainbow Dash both looked at each other with mischievous smirks not having to say anything to do what’s next. At the same time, they both took off in the continuing direction of where they were going. They kept going until they finally spotted the temple checkpoint; and almost at the same time, they both tagged the side of the structure and then reversed around to head back where they came from. While not saying a word they traversed through their traveled path; back across the desert, past the knocked out crabs, back up the chilled Frozen Top Mountain and back down on the other side. And lastly, they zipped back through the Green Hill Forest as fast as they could. By the time the came out, they were once again neck and neck not sure of how this was going to turn out.

“Looks like we’re still neck and neck,” Rainbow Dash chuckled, “Hey, are we both just that equally awesome?!”

“It isn’t over until someone crosses that finish line,” said Sonic; and then he suddenly looked up at Rainbow Dash wearing a sly smirk on his face, “and that… will be me!”

And then without warning, Sonic built up more speed than he showed and blew past and ahead of Rainbow Dash. The stunned pegasus was almost at a loss for words seeing Sonic’s extra burst of speed. But she wasn’t about to let Sonic get the best of her as she went off after him with some extra speed of her own.

“Oh no you don’t!”

---------

Everybody back outside of Tails’ place could tell on his monitor that Sonic and Rainbow Dash were on their way, and this race was about to be over.

“Everyone, look! Look!” shouted Pinkie, “Their icons are headed back this way; and they’re coming back fast!”

To everyone, they were glad that the two racers escaped the giant crabs and were already on their way back to see who would cross the finish line first. But some of them was suddenly getting a very nervous feeling.

“Um, is it just me,” said Spike as he was looking at the icons on screen, “or are they moving a bit more faster than before?”

“Ah’m gettin’ a bad feelin’ about this,” said Applejack, “Remember what happened when they took off from here, right?”

Applejack was right, the closer and Sonic and Rainbow Dash got to them, the faster their speed seemed to get. Tails could see that their speed was accelerating at an enormous rate and was quick to take action.

“Everybody, out of way quick!” he shouted while heading behind his workshop, “Their speed is about to be ridiculous! Spread out!”

Everyone was suddenly startled by Tails’ command but didn’t hesitate to listen as they were all running for cover.

“What about your machine?!” shouted Cream.

‘Chao!’

“Never mind that, just run!”

After everyone cleared out of the pathway, they were all preparing of what was going to happen next. Rainbow Dash had caught up to Sonic, and both were traveling at high speeds. Every second they got close to the end, the faster each of them went going side by side. And when they both reached their limit, there was a loud *BOOOM* sound that shook the grounds as both racers shot forward. A blue streak and a rainbow trail now tore across the ground, and they finally crossed the finish line; but as a result, a huge gust of wind blew through the area, knocking over and blowing away anything that was loose.

Once the wind settled, Sonic and Rainbow Dash were a little ways away from the finish area once they stop. They headed back in fast but steady pace, and Rainbow Dash was all riled up and filled with excitement.

“That was… AWESOME!!! I never knew you could break the sound barrier like that! It’s official, you're definitely like the me in your world!”

“Sure,” Sonic responded, “but, um… I think we may have a bigger problem.”

When they got back, Sonic pointed out the huge trail they made in the ground, and much debris was scattered everywhere. Even Tails’ machine was toppled over. Rainbow Dash flew over to the area in a frenzied panic over what they did.

“Oh my gosh! What have we done?! We got too into the race and wanted to win so badly; and we were going to fast, and now we blew everyone away! What kind of monsters are we?!”

“*Ahem!*” she suddenly heard someone say behind her.

“What?!”

Everyone began coming out from their shelter points and was coming back to Sonic and Rainbow feeling a little shaken up, but quite relieved.

“Calm down, Rainbow Dash,” Twilight chuckled, “we’re all okay.”

“S-s-sp-peak for yourself,” said Spike who was literally clinging to Twilight’s back side, “I thought I was going to be gone with the wind!”

“That was amazing!” shouted Amy, “A bit frightening, but amazing! The two of you causing a sonic boom together was indescribably epic!”

“Its a sonic rainboom with me, sister,” aid Rainbow Dash with a smirk, “but you’re right, that was pretty epic.”

“For the love of Celestia, Rainbow darling,” said Rarity sounding exasperated, “could you two be any more reckless?! Just look at my mane; I think its frozen in shock!”

“Um, speaking of frozen in shock…” said Fluttershy.

Everyone looked on Fluttershy's back and saw Angel was out like a light; his eyes wide and blank, and his body was frozen stiff. Sonic chuckled nervously and he went up and tried to say to him, “Wow, look at him; he can hardly move. Sorry to give you a heart attack like that, little guy.”

Angel’s body then tilted and then fell off Fluttershy onto the ground still not moving. He was still alive though.

“Whoa,” said Cream.

Fluttershy chuckled and told everyone, “Don’t worry, he’ll be fine… I-I think.”

After seeing the state of Angel, Rainbow Dash looked around at her friend and said, “So… just to be clear, everybody here is okay and no one got hurt?”

“Aside from bein’ a little shaken,” said Applejack, “Ah think we’re good to go.”

“Well… since that’s the case, allow me to say that… I rocked! I rocked! Uh, uh; oh yeah! Dash is the awesomest!”

“Yeah!” shouted Pinkie

Sonic then walked over to Tails’ machine that was toppled thinking that it was wrecked, “What about your machine, Tails? Think it got damaged in the incident?”

“No way,” said Tails with a smirk, “the exterior steel plating that I gave this machine protected it from the strong shock wave your sonic boom!”

“And sonic rainboom!” said Rainbow Dash.

“Even I’m shocked! Looks like we can declare a winner after all! Miss Twilight, if you please...”

“No problem,” said Twilight understanding what he meant as she used her magic to stand Tails’ machine right side-up.

“No need to that,Tails,” said Sonic, “But I suppose that we have to see the actual video proof that I crossed the finish line first.”

“Oh, you think so; eh, speed hog?!” said Rainbow Dash as she went up to Sonic’s face, “Maybe I’m the one who beat your butt!”

“Well we see soon, won’t we.”

“There they go again,” Cream said nervously, “They’re really prideful about this, aren’t they?”

‘Chao chao.’

But just as things got a bit calm, everyone heard Tails suddenly shout, “N-n-no way, that’s impossible!”

They all suddenly gathered around him wondering what had him so shocked.

“What’s impossible, Tails?” said Sonic, “That I was beat by rainbow mane pegasus?”

“Hey!”

“The machine did do its job and caught all of the action. But according to this, you… both crossed the line at the exact same moment! Its a tie!”

The whole area was silent, and everyone’s mouth was gaping wide open. And then they all shouted, “WHAT?!!!”

“No way!” said Pinkie as she was looking very closely at the digital results on the monitor screen, “Are you sure that your machine isn’t broken?”

Lightly pushing Pinkie away from the screen, Tails responded, “No its not. Trust me if there was an error, I would know. You guys have to trust me on this.”

“Are you freaking kidding me?!” shouted Rainbow Dash, “We ran that entire race to see who would cross this line first, and even had to deal with some annoying crabs; and you mean to tell me that even after that huge finish, we tied?!”

Suddenly, Sonic was chuckling to himself out loud, and Rainbow Dash arched her eye at him, “What’s so funny?”

“Its hard to believe, but I had a weird feeling that this whole thing might end up like this.”

“Say what now?”

“Maybe it doesn't really matter who really is the fastest; maybe this is fate telling us that this race wasn’t to see who was the fastest, but to show and admire each others’ awesome skills… or something like that.”

Rainbow Dash wasn’t sure of Sonic’s theory. “Or… maybe fate is cruel and made us tie just to have a laugh at our expense.”

Everyone wasn’t quite sure of what Sonic thought was true either, but it definitely was some good advice from him.

“Well one thing is fer sure,” said Applejack, “ya both definitely gave it yer all and some real guts out there.”

“You got that right,” said Rarity as she was still trying to get her mane straighten; but she was still unsuccessful, “Can someone please lend me a brush!?”

“Alright!” shouted Pinkie as she dived on top of Sonic and Rainbow Dash, “I was wrong before; I don’t care who is the fastest anymore, you’re both AWESOME!”

“Heh, yeah… I suppose you’re right,” said Rainbow Dash, “This was all fun anyway.” Then after standing back up, Rainbow Dash faced Sonic and out her hoof to shake with him, “Good race.”

Sonic smirked as he shook her hoof and responded, “Thanks. You too.”

“But just know that if we ever race again, I’m definitely going to win!”

“If you sayso; but I think I will beat you… even without Tails’ machinery.”

“Oh brother,” said Tails.

“Well… now that’s all over,” said Twilight as she stretched her legs, “its back to doing a little exploring research.”

Spike just groaned, “Can’t you rest a little while without doing some sort of research on something?”

But just as things was starting to get calm again… even though Angel was still out, a loud voice shouted out to them from a distance, “Heeeeeeeeeey… guuuuuuuuuuuuys!!!”

They all stopped what they were doing and looked over in the horizon and saw the same two companions that came by before running towards them in panic.

“Hey, Cream,” said Fluttershy, “aren’t those that bee and crocodile friends of yours?”

‘Chao, chao chao, chao!’’

“Yeah, its Charmy and Vector;” said Cream with a light smile, “they’re coming back! But wait… I don’t see Espio. Where is he?”

By the time Vector and Charmy got to them, they were both gasping for breath and were trying to speak. But then Pinkie came up to them and said, "So you two are back! You just missed the most amazing spectacle ever!"

Vector then finally spoke clearly, "Never mind that, we have a big problem on our hands!"

And so did Charmy, "A very, very, very big problem!"

"What's wrong?!” said Sonic, “Did you guys find out about Eggman and his new partner's plan? And... where's Espio?"

“Yeah,” said Amy, “Just give the details to us nice and clearly, and then we can go kick butt!”

All of the others were listening to what the news was about to be. But judging by the panicked looks on Charmy and Vector’s faces, it didn’t seem good news.

"That's just the thing!” shouted Charmy, “Its all so terrible! We’ve been waiting for Espio for like… forever, but he hasn't come back! He's... he's been captured!"

Nope, it wasn’t good news at all.

Author's Note:

See any errors? Let me know if anyone does.
Next time, the action continues!