• Published 5th Aug 2013
  • 2,281 Views, 19 Comments

Faster Than Light: Intelligent Lifeforms - sev62fmj



The crew of the Kestrel encounter multicolored horses.

  • ...
2
 19
 2,281

1b. Try to communicate peacefully

The human was the last one on board the shuttle, but just before they closed the hatch, a purple horse--it had a horn on its head; a unicorn then-- had broken through the crowd and trotted up to him. It began prodding him forcefully away from the ship, and the Zoltan suggested that it wanted them to follow it. The human had been at the pointed end of the unicorn's horn for a fair duration of the trip. The human was about to draw his blaster and fry the damn thing before a husk of a ship appeared in the distance. Was this where to unicorn was taking them?

The human broke away from the unicorn prodding him and ran for the ship. The unicorn and the other crew members followed in suit. The human decided not to kill the unicorn; they had just found the crash site of an ancient engi ship! On his orders, the human and his crew began searching the ship looking for salvage. What they found was better than salvage. Inside the cockpit they found and reactivated an old Engi!

There's still a war going on and the rebel fleet is still on their tails. The crew and the recently reactivated Engi made haste to the shuttle and back to the Kestrel. Several minutes later, the Kestrel disappeared with a shimmer and fled the system.

Fuel: +2 Scrap: +19

1. Continue

+ ============================================================================== +

Twilight Sparkle had practically rammed an entire line of ponies in one charge in order to get to the site of the aliens' arrival. When she got to the front, her eyes filled with wonder as a toothy smile crept onto her face. Then she noticed the awkward moving monkey-minotaur with the green square face. Twilight's memory flashed back to when she was exploring a foreign object that had crash landed in the surrounding hillside. It's body was cold and lifeless. Perhaps the aliens would want to take it with them. It must have had a family worrying about it.

Without a further thought, Twilight trotted up to the mostly hairless monkey-minotaur and nudged him away from the ship. She would not let him leave without that creature. The alien gave way and began to move in the direction of Twilight's prodding.

"Good," Twilight thought, "but I can't let up yet."

Twilight spotted what she realized was the deceased alien's ship after some time. Suddenly the alien she was leading broke into a sprint. There was so much to be learned about an entirely new species though! So many questions to ask! Twilight couldn't let them leave without learning a little bit from them, so she mustered has much strength as she could and chased after him.

Twilight could not believe her eyes when she saw what the aliens did when they arrived in the cockpit. The dead alien had somehow been revived! Millions of questions had filled Twilight's mind, but the aliens had left as quickly as they came. Twilight chased them back to their ship, but they all outran her. Even that darned walking rock! How did that outrun her; she was 5th place in the Running of the Leaves Race for Celestia' sake!"

Twilight could only watch as the alien ship high above the sky disappeared with a sparkle. So many unanswered questions. . .

Author's Note:

In FTL some events will reward you with some amounts of resources.