• Published 19th Jan 2014
  • 6,059 Views, 51 Comments

Sonic and Shadow in Equestria 2 The Return of Mephiles The Dark - Will Atkinson



It's been two years since Sonic and Shadow have been to Equestria and now they are on their way back to see their new friends but an old enamy awaits their return

  • ...
29
 51
 6,059

Tails vs Fluttershout

Sonic and Shadow in Equestria 2 The Return of Mephiles The Dark
By: Will Atkinson

Chapter 5

VS.

As Celestia's sun rose for the beginning of a new day, Applejack slowly opened her eyes and looked at her surroundings.

"Wha....what? Where am I?" She asked herself.

As she moved to get a better looked at her surroundings she felt something on her hoof. When she looked, she saw Knuckles sleeping at her bedside and then she remembered what happened to her.

"Oh now I remember, I was under the control of the evil hedgehog named Mephiles the dark but thanks to Knuckles and Shadow I was saved."

Then she put her muzzle down to Knuckles' ear and said in a soft voice.

"Knuckles? It's time to wake up sugar."

As soon as she did that Knuckles slowly opened his eyes and looked at the smilling earth pony.

"Hey there Surgarcube," Applejack said.

"Oh hey Applejack, how are you feeling?" Knuckles asked.

"Oh I'm feeling much better thanks to you and Shadow."

Knuckles smiled.

"Well that's good to hear," he said.

Just then the door of the room opened and there stood Sonic.

"Well I see that you are looking better Applejack.," he said happily.

"Thanks Sonic," said Applejack.

"Well, if you guys are ready Spike has made us breakfast," said Sonic.

"Thanks Sonic we will be right down," said Knuckles.

Sonic nodded and left the room.

"Well, I guess we should go down now Knuckles I'm starving," said Applejack.

"Yeah me too Applejack," said Knuckles.

With that Applejack got up and then she and Knuckles started to head down the stairs. As Applejack and Knuckles came down the stairs Nyx appeared out of nowhere and tackled Applejack.

"Oh Applejack I'm so glad that your ok."

As Nyx softly cried into Applejack's fur, she looked down at her niece and smiled.

"Shhhh it's alright Nyx, I'm ok." Applejack said as she tried to console Nyx.

But Nyx was still crying into Applejack's fur.

"I know auntie Applejack, but I was so afraid that I was never going to see you again."

"There, there now Nyx everything is ok," said Applejack

Just then Sonic came up to the young alicorn.

"You cried enough Nyx, everything will be ok," said Sonic as he stroke Nyx's purple maine.

"Oh Sonic you must stop Mephiles form making this nightmare worse for us," cried Nyx.

"Don't worry Nyx. We'll stop Mephiles, but before we do we need to free the rest of the elements of harmony from his control," said Sonic.

"So what are we waiting for, let's go," said Nyx.

Before Sonic and the others could stop her, Nyx was running towards Fluttershy's cottage. At the castle Mephiles was watching the whole thing in his enchanted mirror.

"Look alive Fluttershout they are coming for you now," said Mephiles.

"Don't worry about a thing master. I'll be ready for them and when they come I'll destroy them AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" laughed Fluttershout evily.

Meanwhile Nyx was running towards Fluttershy's cottage with Sonic, Shadow, and the others on her tail.

"Nyx wait, stop," said Shadow.

"No Shadow, I'm not going to stop until auntie Fluttershy is back to normal," said Nyx, as she continued to run towards Fluttershy's cottage.

"But darling we need a plan first before we even think about facing Fluttershy," said Rarity.

At this, Nyx finally stopped and looked at her friends and family who were all breathing heavily.

"Alright then tell me auntie Rarity, how are we going stop Fluttershy and bring her back from Mephiles' control?"

Rarity just looked at her niece and just shook her head.

"See you don't have an idea, so any other pony have an idea?" said Nyx.

Just then Tails spoke up.

"Well, I say we stick to our original plan."

"You mean fight agents Fluttershy?" asked Applejack.

"Yes and I'll be the one to do it," said Tails.

After hearing this Sonic, Shadow, and the others all looked at the yellow fox.

"Tails are you sure you want to do this?" asked Sonic.

"Yes Sonic I'm sure," said Tails.

"But Tails you hardly know how to fight," said Amy."

"Oh don't worry about me Amy I'll be just fine," assured Tails.

"Well it looks like we have a plan after all," said Pinkie Pie.

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's go and free Fluttershy," said Spike.

And with that they all set off for Fluttershy's cottage. As they approached it they saw a demonic site. Fluttershy's cottage was all boarded up with wooden planks and there was no animals anywhere.

"What the? That's strange," said Applejack.

"What's wrong Applejack?" asked Knuckles.

"Well Fluttershy is a pony that takes care of animals but there are no animals in site."

"Well, they maybe their in the cottage," said Shadow.

"Maybe, but I've got a bad feeling about this sugarcube," said Applejack

As they continue to walk towards the door of Fluttershy's cottage, it slowly opened by itself.

"Well that's new," said Spike as he hid behind Rarity.

"Come on gang let's go in," said Sonic.

As the group entered the cottage, it was a mess. It looked like the place had been ransacked.

"Oh man what a mess," said Shadow.

"Yeah but thankfully there is no blood or pill bottles all over the place," said Rarity.

"I have to agree with you on that one auntie Rarity. That was one experience that I will never forget," said Nyx.

"Alright every pony and everyone stay on your guard," said Knuckles.

Just then Nyx saw something in the darkness.

"Angel Bunny is that you?" she asked.

Just as soon as she said that, a white rabbit came out of the darkness and hugged the little alicorn.

"Hehe I'm glad to see that your not harmed Angel," said Nyx as she hugged the white rabbit.

Just then the whole place started to shake and Angel ran behind Nyx.

"Hey now what's happening?" asked Amy.

"Everyone and every pony get ready she's here," said Shadow.

(Toon world theme from YU-GI-OH starts to play.)

As they all looked on, red smoke started to come up from underneath the cottage. Before they could think of anything else, Fluttershout appeared right in front of them.

"Well, well, well if it isn't my old friends and they have new friends as well," she said in her demonic voice.

"Fl....Fluttershy is, is that you?" asked Spike.

Fluttershout laughed.

"Ha, my name is not Fluttershy anymore. Now I'm Fluttershout."

Sonic stepped forward from the group and said to Fluttershout.

"Come on Fluttershy you have got to wake up this isn't you," he said.

"I already told you I'm not Fluttershy, I'm Fluttershout. Now then witch one of you fools do I have to kill first?" asked Fluttershout.

As soon as Fluttershout said that Tails stepped forward.

"That would be me you monster," he said.

Fluttershout just looked at the yellow fox and laughed evily.

"Ha you? Your kidding right?" asked Fluttershout.

"No I'm not kidding. You have to face me," said Tails.

"And before you say anything else Fluttershout, let me just say that Tails here has been trained to fight by Sonic," said Shadow.

When Fluttershout heard this, she scoffed and said:

"Oh really? Well then let's see how much that little fox knows about fighting," She said as she charged right at Tails.

(Music ends and hush now quiet now demonic version starts to play)

When Fluttershout charged at Tails he backed away a little thinking of how powerful she was as Fluttershout asked him:

"What's the matter, are you a chicken?" and began to laugh at him.

"No I'am not chicken," Tails said to her feeling annoyed by what she said to him.

"Then let us fight little fox," she said.

"Very well, your friends said that I need to defeat you so defeat you I will," said Tails as he charged at the insane pony.

Fluttershout started to run toward him as well, but just then Tails jumped over Fluttershout and started to give thanks to his two tails. As Fluttershout looked at the fox, Tails then pulled out his blaster.

"Here Fluttershout eat this," he said as he started to fire his weapon at Fluttershout.

As the blast's from Tails' weapon started towards Fluttershout, she started to dodge them right and left with unbelievable speed.

"What that? How in Equestria did she do that?" asked Rarity.

"I don't know but it was cool," said Pinkie Pie.

"PINKIE!!!!" they all shouted.

"I mean bad, really bad," he quickly said.

"Ha my master was right. These powers he gave me work like a charm. Now for my next trick," Fluttershout said.

Before Tails counter attack, Fluttershout started to let out a scream so loud that every pony and everyone including Tails had to cover their ears.

"OH MAN THIS INSANE," shouted Knuckles.

"YOU AIN'T KIDDING SUGAR. I MEAN HOW IN THE WORLD OF EQUESTRIA ARE WE GOING TO STOP HER?" asked Applejack.

"WE HAVE TO STOP HER SCEAMING," said Nyx.

With that, Nyx powered up her horn and fired an energy bolt right at Fluttershout which made contact and made her scream out in pain and she fell unconscious on the floor.

"Alright Nyx, way to go," said Pinkie Pie as she was jumping up and down.

"Yeah you did well darling," said Rarity.

"Ha, that's my niece," said Spike.

"We are so proud of you Nyx," said Amy.

"Oh, it was nothing," said Nyx.

Just then they all saw Tails slowly walking up towards Fluttershout's unconscious body.

"Tails be careful," Said Sonic.

But before Tails could say anything Fluttershout woke up and pinned Tails to the ground.

"TAILS!!!!" shouted Sonic as he tried to save him only to be stopped by Shadow.

"Shadow What are you doing?" Sonic Asked.

"Sonic, this is Talis' fight.So please don't interfere unless he says that he needs help," Shadow said.

But Sonic just pushed Shadow out of the way and charged right at the insane pony. Just before he could hit her, she suddenly opened her mouth and then green fire came out and hit Sonic.

"Sonic," everybody and every pony said as Fluttershout began to laugh.

"Now with him out of the way I can finally kill you fox HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" said Fluttershout.

Then she raised her hoof up and was about to kill Tails when suddenly she stopped.

"Wha....what's happening to me?" she asked.

Just then every pony and everybody saw a ghostly image of a yellow pegasus holding back Fluttershout.

"No, you will not us me for this." It said.

"Fluttershy," they all said in shock.

Fluttershy nodded and then said:

"You need to shoot her now while I hold her. Hurry!"

"You be silent and let me go," demanded Fluttershout.

"Not a chance you monster," said Fluttershy.

Then Shadow looked at Tails who was just getting up.

"Tails this is your chance to do away with Fluttershout once and for all," Shadow said.

"Right! I'm on it," said Tails as he picked up his blaster and pointed at Fluttershout.

But before Tails could fire he frozed up.

"Tails what are you waiting for? Shoot her," said Shadow.

"Yeah! come on buddy do it," said Sonic.

"I, I can't," said Tails.

"Why can't you Tails?" asked Pinkie Pie.

Just then Sonic's eyes opened wide and then he said:

"Tails don't you dare think like that. Remember what you did years ago when you made the right choice."

(Music ends and Hikaru Michi from the Japanese version of Sonic X starts to play.)

Just then Tails dropped his blaster and fell to his knees.

"I can't do it Sonic. She reminds me to much of Cosmo and her sacrifice to save the galaxy."

"I know Tails but think. What would Cosmo do if she was in your position?" asked Sonic.

"She, she."

But before Tails could answer a voice rang out.

"Tails please you must fire at that monster pony."

Tails knew who the voice belonged to.

"C....Cosmo? is that you?" he asked looking around.

Just then Cosmo appeared at the yellow fox's side.

"Hi Tails. It's been a long time." She said.

"It's been far too long Cosmo," said Tails as he hugged the Seedrian.

"Tails listen to me. What you did all those years ago was the right thing to do. You stopped the Meterex and saved the galaxy," said Cosmo.

"I, I know Cosmo. But it's just so hard to do this without flashing back to the day I had to kill you," said Tails with tears in his eyes.

"I know its hard Tails, but there is nothing to worry about anymore. I know you can do this Tails. Now pick up your blaster and finish that demon pony once and for all."

Just as Cosmo finished that sentence Tails' eyes shot opened and glared at Fluttershout who was still fighting over Fluttershy for the control of her body.

"Stop this foolishness you pathetic excuse for a pegasus. You need me," said Fluttershout.

"No I don't. All you do is cause pain and suffering to others you demon pony," said Fluttershy.

Seeing his chance Tails stood up, picked up his blaster, and shouted at Fluttershout.

"HEY FLUTTERSHOUT?!"

As soon as Tails said that Fluttershout looked at the yellow fox and asked:

"What do you want?"

"You know what? You remind me of a friend of mind. Her name was Cosmo, and she and I where best friends until I was forced to kill her to save the galaxy from these mechanical machines called the Meterex. But my friend was not a monster like you are Fluttershout. And now with her help I will destroy you once and for all," said Tails as he pointed the blaster right at Fluttershout.

(Music ends and Run Around from Digimon starts to play)

As Fluttershout saw that Tails had his cannon blaster pointed at her, her eyes opened wide.

"W....wait you can't do this!" shouted Fluttershout.

"I can and I will," said Tails as he looked at Shadow.

"Hey Shadow did you bring the Chaos Emeralds with you?" he asked.

"Yes I did. Here you go Tails," said Shadow as he threw one of the Emeralds at Tails.

As Tails caught the Emerald he placed it into his cannon, closed his eyes and said:

"This is for you Cosmo."

With those words, Cosmo nodded and put her hands on Tails' to help him fire the weapon. Just then Tails opened his eyes and shouted at Fluttershout:

"ALRIGHT NOW TAKE THIS FLUTTERSHOUT!!!!

"Ready Cosmo?" Tails asked.

"Yes Tails I'm ready."

"Then lets do this Cosmo."

"Together."

(TAILS)
"CANNON!!!!"

(COSMO)
"BLASTER!!!!"

(TOGETHER)
"FIRE!!!!"

Then they fired the blaster that sent a beam of chaos energy right at Fluttershout. As Fluttershout saw the beam heading right for her she tried to dodge it but forgot that Fluttershy was still holding her. She couldn't move out of the way of the blast.

"Let go of me Fluttershy. If you don't then we'll be destroyed," said Fluttershout.

"Nice try, but I'm not letting go until the beam hits ya you monster," said Fluttershy as the beam hit her and Fluttershout.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" screamed Fluttershout as the blast engulfed her and Fluttershy.

As the light from the beam of energy dimmed, Fluttershy's body was laying on the ground and a yellow smoke was above it.

"Hey Fluttershout is in smoke form. Shadow get her now," said Sonic.

"I'm on it Sonic," said Shadow as he jumped up in the air and shouted:

"CHAOS FLAME FIST!!!!"

With that flames surrounded his fist and blasted right at Fluttershout destroying her once and for all.

(Music ends)

As Fluttershout evaporated into nothingness, Fluttershy started to open her eyes.

"Hey look guys she's wakening up," said Rarity.

As Fluttershy opened her eyes and saw every pony and everyone looking at her with smiles on their faces. She was also smiling.

"Oh hi everypony," said Fluttershy.

"Hey how are you feeling sugar?" asked Applejack.

"I'm feeling much better now that, that horrible pony is out of me," said Fluttershy.

"Well, you have my best friend Tails to thank for that Fluttershy," said Sonic.

But as he turned around, Tails was nowhere to be seen.

"Hey where is Tails anyway?" Sonic asked.

"Oh he's right here sleeping on my back," said Pinkie Pie.

"Oh the poor darling. The fight must have taken a lot out of him," said Rarity.

"Hehe I know how he feels. I'm kind of tired myself", said Fluttershy.

"Then rest Fluttershy, you deserve it after today," Said Shadow.

And without another word Fluttershy closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep. As Fluttershy fell asleep Nyx started to yawn.

"Hey Mr. Sonic? Can we go home now?" she asked.

Sonic looked at the young alicorn and smiled.

"Of corse we can go back. Come on guys lets get going," said Sonic.

With that, Knuckles picked up the sleeping peguses and they all set off back to the library.

(Bowser's theme from Super Mario 64 starts to play)

Back at the palace Mephiles was outraged that another one of his Elements of Insanity was defeated.

"No, I can't believe thoughs pinheads beat me again," he said.

"Oh man that was so cool. How did the fox do that?" asked Twilight.

"Yes it was amazing how he used that blaster on that demon pony," said Celestia.

"So Mephiles, it looks like we'll be seeing Sonic, Shadow and their friends with the Elements of Harmony very soon," said Luna.

After hearing that, Mephiles walked towards Luna and said:

"Don't get too ahead of yourself Luna. I still have one more Element of Insanity pony left. So without further a due please welcome the one, the only Rainbine."

As soon as he said those words blue, smoke started to rise up and form into a pony. Twilight and the princesses looked on in horror as the smoke transformed into Rainbow Dash who was now named Rainbine.

"Rainbine reporting for duty master Mephiles," said Rainbine in her robotic-like demonic voice.

"R....Rainbow Dash no," said Twilight.

"Awwwwww what's the matter princess? You don't like your friends new look?" asked Mephiles.

"No I don't. Now release her from your control," she said as she tried to use her magic but was soon electrocuted by the cage.

"TWILIGHT!!!! TWILIGHT ARE YOU OK?!!!" asked Celestia.

"Y....yeah I....I'm o....ok," said Twilight weakly.

Just then Mephiles came up to the lavender alicorn.

"I warned you princess if you ever used your magic to try to escape or to distroy me you would be electrocuted."

Then he turned back to Rainbine.

"Now then are you ready to face off against Sonic, Shadow, and their friends?" he asked.

"Yes Lord Mephiles, I'll terminate them."

With that Rainbine bowed to Mephiles and disappeared.

"We'll my princesses it looks like it's time for me to turn in for the night, but I'll see you in the morning," said Mephiles as he walked out of the thrown room.

"Oh dear it looks like Sonic, Shadow, and the others are going to have a tough time with this demon pony," said Luna.

"I hate to say it sister, but I think you may be right," said Celestia.

"Oh please! Sonic, Shadow, you guys and your friends have got to bring my last friend back to her old self again so we can defeat Mephiles once and for all," Twilight said to herself.

(Music ends)

Meanwhile back at the library, Knuckles was just finishing putting Fluttershy into bed.

"There you go Futtershy, Now you can sleep," Said Knuckles as he left to meet up with the others down stairs.

"Well, we took care of four elements of insanity ponies now there's only one left," said Amy.

"Yeah and that would be Rainbow Dash," said Sonic.

After hearing that name, Amy clinched her fists even though she promised Nyx she still didn't like the fact that Sonic was in love with a pony.

"Hey, don't worry about a thing sugarcube. I'm sure that we will get Rainbow Dash back I promise," said Applejack.

Just then Shadow saw Amy go out door in a huff.

"Man what's her problem?" he asked.

"Oh she's probably still upset that Sonic is in love with auntie Rainbow Dash instead of her," said Nyx.

"Well guys I think it's time that we go to bed," said Tails as he went to one of the bed rooms up stairs.

"Hey! uh Sonic?" asked Spike.

"Yes Spike, what is it?"

"Um I was wondering who is this Cosmo that Tails and you where talking about?"

"Spike is right Sonic dear I think that we have the right to know who she is." Said Rarity.

Sonic looked at Shadow and Knuckles and they both nodded.

"Ok guys I'll tell you but what I'm about to say is not going to have a happy ending," said Sonic sadly.

So they all sat down as Sonic began his story, but meanwhile outside of the library Amy was wondering how she could get Sonic to love her and not that Rainbow hair color peguses.

"That Rainbow peguses thinks she can take my Sonic away from me. Well, she has another thing coming. Wait until I get done with her," she said as she punched the tree right next to her while a strange luner smoke was watching her every move.

Author's Note:

Uh oh I don't like the looks of this by Amy I hope she doesn't do anything stupid that world make her be hated by her friends. And what is with the cloud well you all will have to wait and find out with just Two chapters to go Sonic vs Rainbine, and The Final Battle oh and the epilogue so stay tuned.

Also I want to apologise that it took me this long to finish these two characters 4 and 5 and also I want to thank chrisharte97 for his help on this chapter so I'll see you guys soon see ya.