• Published 19th Jul 2013
  • 1,221 Views, 82 Comments

Pony POV Series: Dark World Drabbles - Godzillawolf



The Dark World Series has been a long hard road...but what about what you didn't? These are the untold stories of Dark World.

  • ...
4
 82
 1,221

Hearth's Warming Omake

“Hello everypony, griffin, equus, and shadow! It’s me Pinkie Pie! Once again atop the fourth wall! Though I’m not here to review a bad comic book! We’re here for another Hearth’s Warming/Christmas/Holiday special!”

“Even if this isn’t the main story!”

Pinkie looked over, seeing a straight maned, but overall happy looking version of herself. “Oh! Hi! You’re the Dark World me, right? But you‘re not a big grump anymore?”

“Yeah! That’s me!…How do we tell each other apart?”

“Hmm…How about we call you Pinkie and me Pinkie Diane? Since you didn’t change your name I don’t think.”

“Sounds fine by me!”

“Anyway, Dark World might have been saved but the story is being continued by another Shadow showing how everyone‘s getting along after mean old Nightmare Eclipse was taken care of! And today we’re going to be giving you a nice little story about Hearth’s Warming Eve!”

“This story is the same level of canon as the original Hearth’s Warming special! Keep that in mind while reading!”

“Enjoy the show everycreature and everyshadow!” both announced.

“Pinkie!” called Rarity, trotting in. “What are you-oh Celestia there’s two of them!” the fashionista cried before doing her faint onto a couch.

“…Huh, we’re both saner, you’d think they wouldn’t be worried about us causing a world destroying mega party like me and Bubble Berry almost do in that one universe…is us visiting that canon to this story?”

Pinkie shrugged. “It is to the guest Shadow’s verse, but I don’t know…”

Pinkie Diane nodded. “Alright, let’s just enjoy the show!”

Pony POV Series
Dark World Drabbles Omake
I-Don‘t-Have-A-Clue-Either-Canon
“Hearth‘s Warming Eve Revisited”
“The first Hearth’s Warming in a thousand years not under Discord’s clutches! I’m actually looking forwards to it!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed, flying next to Spike, Applejack, Apple Pie, and Bomb Pie on his back. The Pegasus did a loop, just enjoying the feeling of freedom they all now had.

“First Hearth’s Warming in a thousand years I’m breathing for,” Gilda remarked, flying next to her friend. “So there’s that.”

“And I get to spend it with Rainbow Dash!” Scootaloo announced excitedly, the crystal pegasus filly flying with her friends.

Rainbow Dash gave a chuckle, flying next to Scootaloo and rubbing her mane mane. Scootaloo may have been over a thousand years old and could act mature when she needed to, but she was still picking up her fillyhood where Discord had taken it from her.

“Yeah. Too bad Inquisition couldn’t be here, but can’t blame her for wanting to spend the first Hearth Warming in a long time on with her dad,” the Element of Free Will replied.

“But doesn’t that go for yah too, Rainbow?” asked Apple Pie, the filly giving a chuckle.

“Yeah, but dad told me to spend Hearth’s Warming Eve with you guys then Hearth’s Warming with him,” Dash replied, giving a wave. “Point is, can’t blame her and the other Bearers for wanting to be with their families for the holiday!”

“Alright everycreature, we’re here,” said Spike, the king of New Equestria touching down near the main house of Sweet Rock Acres. The stone building had been expanded and renovated some, now that hiding from the evil overlord and his enforcers wasn’t a factor in its design. It looked less like a simple rock structure and more like a proper farm house. The area also had a new section that appeared designed to grow trees, some saplings and apple trees transplanted from elsewhere in New Equestria. currently covered against the snow and cold of winter. Queen Libra had made sure the first Hearth’s Warming under her rule would be a white one. Discord had strangely allowed a few white Hearth’s Warmings, but the idea they were customary was unusual to the ponies of this world.

“Wherever is Rarity? She said she’d meet us here,” Applejack asked, the mare carefully stepping off the dragon and helping her multiple times great niece and nephew off him.

“Don’t worry, Abigail, I’m here,” said a familiar refined voice.

A crystal skeleton gracefully emerged from the ground, soil flying in to cover it to serve as skin, followed by freshly fallen snow in place of fur and hair. The unicorn shaped statue glowed white and became a familiar white unicorn with a purple mane.

“Hi Rarity! Did yah forget yer wings?” Apple Pie asked innocently, galloping up to the ponyification of the Mortal World.

Rarity gave a chuckle. “No, darling, I simply made this avatar in the shape of my old self. I was feeling a tad nostalgic today,” she stated, flipping her purple mane that currently wasn’t composed of energy.

Rainbow smirked. “Sounds like a good idea to me.”

Applejack gave a nod of her own. “This is quite nostalgic as it is, isn’t it?” she asked, turning and looking to Sweet Rock Acres. “After all, this is where we started turning the tide after a thousand years.”

The group nodded. “Yeah, this is were Ah met most of yah for real!” Apple Pie chimed in.

Spike looked over. “And I think right there was where my Element of Generosity ignited,” he said, pointing nearby.

“It was where yah gave meh the Element of Desire, Apple Pie,” said Bomb Pie, the foal smiling to his cousin and getting a high hoof.

“Hello everycreature,” said a voice from the house.

“Pa!” called Apple Pie, running up and hugging her father. Bomb Pie ran over to meet two other crystal ponies, Apple Sauce and Powder Cake. “Happy Hearth’s Warming Eve!”

Apple Computer nodded, wiping a bit of sweat off his brow. “Howdy Apple Pie, Bomb Pie. We’ve all been working real hard on a meal for all of yah,” he said, giving a bow to Rarity and Spike. “Come on in!”

Spike blinked, looking down at the relatively tiny ponies and house. “Uh…”

“Don’t worry, we already got a spot set up outside for yah, King Spike.”

“Uh…just Spike, please...it’s kind of embarrassing coming from friends.”

Apple Pie laughed. “Spike, how are yah blushin’? Ah thought Dragons couldn’t do that!”

The bookworm of a dragon gave a blank look. “…I…don’t know either…”


Soon, Spike was sitting next to the living room, the wall now having a self opening mechanism to allow a hole to be made for him to look through (Apple Computer was quite the gadgeteer). Several fires also burned outside to keep the gigantic dragon warm, as well as keep the living room from getting cold due to the weather. While he was kept warm by his inner fire, he did admit it was more comfortable than being exposed to the elements.

The responsibility of telling the traditional Hearth’s Warming tale fell upon Applejack. She’d wanted Granny Smith (or rather Apple Smith as she was generally known except to the foals) to tell it as per tradition, but…


“Applejack, Ah was the one that told yah that story before that sidewinder took over. Ah had plenty of Hearth’s Warming Eves tah tell it, it’s time yah got a turn.”

“I…I understand, thanks a lot…”

“Plus, Ah’m a filly again! Ah ain’t had that story read tah meh since Ah was a foal! It’ll be fun!”

“Hehe…you’re really enjoying the second foalhood, aren’t you?”

“Darn tootin’! Every minute of it!”


“The Ponies tribes back then weren’t as friendly as they are now, they couldn’t stand one another! In fact, they hated one another,” Applejack recited.

The Apple Pies were shocked to hear this. Even in a future ruled by the Duke of Disharmony as Discord sometimes called himself, if anything ponies were closer than they were a thousand years ago. They had to be when they were fighting every day to help one another survive. The idea of ponies hating each without the evil overlord forcing them to was even more foreign. Especially to the hospitable Apple Pie clan.


“Windigos? Are they like the Windy-Gos?” asked Minty Pie, blinking as she listened to the introduction of the Windigos.

“No, the Windy-Gos are nice. The original Windigos were nasty things that tried to freeze the whole world!”

“Wow…”


“…and they called the new land Equestria. And to this day, we celebrate the defeat of the Windigos and Equestria being saved,” Applejack finished, smiling to her family. While it was obvious they’d seen enough weird stuff the Windigos probably seemed normal, they still enjoyed a good story as much as anyone else.

Rainbow chuckled, looking to Scootaloo. “I wonder how Luna’s handling this with the Windy-Gos…”


“…And that twas how your ancestor was born, as the remnants scattered to the winds by the Fires of Friendship would come together to form a new one, which I granted fullness and completed to make the first true Windigo!” the Princess of the Night announced, towering over the little Winter Spirits…despite being a filly.

“Amazing! Tell us more mighty Princess of theNight!”

Luna smiled, she‘d naturally left out how the Windigos had gotten to Equestria in the first place for her sister‘s sake, but she was glad her tiny worshipers enjoyed the story. “Perhaps later, our sister will be upset if we doth not eat cake promptly!”

“Yay! Cake!”


The group sat down to dinner at a table in the living room so Spike could attend properly. Applejack, being the resident saint and priest, said the blessing and they soon ate.
Rainbow blinked, looking at the spread of food. There were meat and rock based foods, as to be expected, but also a good number of apple pies, jams, and other foods. “Uh…interesting choice of food.”

“Thanks,” Apple Computer replied, giving a smile. “Apple Smith and Ah argued for a tad bit over what tah serve.”

Apple Smith, or Granny Smith to some, nodded. “Ah had mah Hearth’s Warmin’ Eve traditions and they have theirs. And, well, nopony really wants tah back down on their old family traditions.”

“But ain’t we all the same family?” Apple Pie pointed out, giving a laugh at how silly it seemed.

The two nodded with chuckles of their own. “That’s what we figured in the end,” Apple Computer replied to his daughter.

“So we decided tah do the smart thin’ and have both our traditions at the same time,” Apple Smith finished up, smiling to her multiple times great grandson and getting one in return.


“By the Father, is this…” Applejack exclaimed, looking at the homemade bread and jam in front of her in shock. The rainbow jam.

“Zap Apple Jam,” Apple Smith replied with a smile.

“B-But I thought the trees died with the other trees when Discord had a volcano erupt over Sweet Apple Acres and the rest were wiped out when he destroyed Old Avalon and what used to be the Everfree Forest…”

“So did Ah! But would yah believe it? The trees sprouted straight up about the time Ah came back and came inta season a couple weeks ago!” Apple Smith replied, giving a smile. “It was a wonderful little welcome back for meh! Enjoy it!”

Rainbow Dash looked at Rarity, giving a grin. “Your doing?” she whispered as Applejack savored her Zap Apple Jam like a gift from a friend she hadn‘t seen in forever.

Rarity chuckled. “Darling, Zap Apples may grow in me, but they’re magic and so are their rules, and that’s not my Concept.”

Rainbow gasped. “So…Twilight?”

“Perhaps, or just a Hearth’s Warming miracle or maybe the trees she brought here with her own two hooves decided to welcome their ‘mother‘ back. But why look a gift horse in the mouth when we should be filling our own and enjoying a dinner with friends?” Rarity asked, eating some bread and Zap Apple Jam of her own, and being noticeably less delicate than a thousand years ago.

“Hey Rainbow,” Spike said, looking over. “That’s not the only Apple Family recipe here.”

Rainbow’s eyes went wide as she followed Spike‘s gaze. “Is that…” the pegasus looked at the barrel on a nearby table like it was water and she’d been lost in the desert for ages.

“Well, we had tah get the Apples from the transplants, but it didn’t feel right tah not have some traditional Apple Family Cider for special occasions, and our first Hearth’s Warmin’ back together sure counts!” Apple Smith replied, giving an aged grin that still seemed to have a home on her youthful face.

Apple Computer poured the pegasus a mug of cider, which she downed quickly for the first time in a thousand years. “Good?” the patriarch of the clan asked.

“It’s every bit as good as I remember!”

Rarity gave a smirk. She didn’t want to spoil the moment by pointing out she’d found surviving apple trees and had them transplanted to Sweet Rock Acres on the Apple Family matriarch’s request. Seeing Rainbow’s unrestrained glee at having something she’d not had the pleasure of drinking in a millennium was enough of a reward.


As the sun set at its proper time, something the former denizens of Discord’s chaotic kingdom were still getting used to, the ponies heard hoof steps on the roof.

“Hohoho! Merry Hearth’s Warming every creature!” announced a jovial voice before the form of Santa Hooves came down the chimney. The foals quickly gathered around him as he began handing out gifts, making sure to give each of them a kind remark or remark along with their gift.

“For Apple Pie! You’ve been such a good filly this year!”

Apple Pie received a four dimensional puzzle cube she found hilarious, and spent the rest of the year solving.

“Bomb Pie, good to see you on my list again! Especially on the nice one!”

Bomb Pie received a game consol (Rainbow Dash had been rather busy helping the video game industry restored and running, something Apple Computer was helping with considerably) and games to go with it.

“And here’s Minty Pie’s, thanks for rescuing the Windy Gos, they’re friends of mine!”

Minty Pie received a candy making set to let her begin really making what her special talent actually revolved around. She also found some strange berries in her stocking that felt so very familiar, as well as instructions for planting them.

“Poison Apple, I think you’ll find this useful for putting that new knowledge of yours to the test!”

Poison Apple was given a new chemistry set.

After the Apple Pies had received their gifts, the reindeer came to the thousand year old creatures.

“Here you go Scootaloo! I think you’ll like it!”

“Wow!” the filly exclaimed, looking at the copy of her old scooter with a red bow on it. “Thanks! My old one got eaten by a butter toad!”

“Hello Spike! You’ve been a nice dragon this year! Here’s your gift!” announced Santa Hooves somehow producing a dragon-sized book from his bag.

“The Complete Works of Hoofcraft, in dragon size? Thanks!” the dragon replied, sitting up to examine his book. It was so tedious reading pony books when you were a gigantic dragon.

“Here you go, Gilda! This is for you!”

Gilda hid her gift, apparently not wanting anypony to know what she’d gotten.

Santa Hooves approached Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack. “Well, you can’t very well say you don’t deserve a good gift now! The saviors of the universe can’t well go on my naughty list!”

Applejack and Rainbow looked a little sheepish at the praise.

“Before you give us our presents,” Rarity said, more confidently. “May I ask a question?”

“Yes, Libra?”

“If you’re as powerful as you seem, why did you continue your yearly ritual with Discord after he realized how naughty he truly was and was only doing as Nightmare Eclipse forced him to?”

“Good question, but a very simple answer: it was what he asked me for.”

Rainbow Dash blinked. “Wait…Discord WANTED to be punished like that? Why?”

“Same reason you and Applejack requested socks and underwear, he felt he deserved it. I tried to talk him out of it, but he was so stubborn. However, I didn’t feel right giving him coal all this time, never set well with me so I made sure to repay him properly now that he can act on it and be a nice Draconequus!”

Applejack blinked. “But…Discord’s dead…”


Discord gave a sigh of relief, scratching his neck were the depowering collar had been. “I can’t believe they managed to actually have a different creative death each time! Very impressive! Now to get all the nursery stuff out of my realm and then off to actually do my job!” he said, digging in a pocket dimension for a key and producing one that looked like a Star Trot phaser. “Huh, might want to change the skin on this thing…”

The Spirit of Chaos and Diversity unlocked the portal/door/dimensional rip to his realm…and was promptly buried by a literal tidal wave of wrapped presents and a couple fruit cakes.


“Nothing stops Santa Hooves from delivering his gifts! Plus Mortis and I have some long running agreements! One of which applies to your gifts!” the old Reindeer said, putting his sake on the ground.

Rainbow Dash blinked. “What?”

The deer opened his bag and out popped a pink Earth Pony’s head with a straight mane. “Hello everypony!”

Multiple jaws dropped to the floor. And one massive one outside hit the ground.

“Mom?!” Bomb Pie, Apple Sauce, and Powder Cake exclaimed.

Pinkie Pie gave a giggle and climbed out of the bag. A scarred pink maned yellow Pegasus followed her out. “Um…hello…Pinkie, was hiding in the bag necessary?” she asked as she was stared at wide-eyed by all involved except their escort. One Griffin looked especially shocked.

“Nope! But how else would a Pinkie Pie come back as a Hearth’s Warming gift?” Pinkie asked as Rainbow slowly approached her.

“P-Pinkie Pie? Fluttershy? I-Is that really you?”

Pinkie hugged her friend. “You bet Dashie! Sorry we didn’t get to talk much before I died last time!”

“B-But how?” Rarity asked, the Concept of the Mortal World stunned. “Mortis bent the rules just to let me bring back the ones I have, and he rarely if ever does that…”

Santa Hooves gave a jolly ho ho ho. “Mortis and I have a long running agreement that each year I can bring three ponies back to earth for Hearth’s Warming night to help me spread the spirit of the season! So I decided to give you three your gift at the same time!”

Pinkie nodded. “Yep! Later we’ll get to scare the Dickens out of a grumpy pony and teach him to stop being such a big meanie!” she said. “I’m Ghost of Chri-Hearth’s Warming Present!”

“Um…Hearth’s Warming Past…” said Fluttershy timidly.

“So…they have to go back in the morning?” asked Applejack, in a mix of acceptance and disappointment.

“Afraid so, Applejack, that’s how my agreement goes, one night only” the reindeer replied, giving a frown. “But you can enjoy a night with them, isn’t that better than nothing?”

Rainbow wiped her eyes, trying not to let her tears be seen. “Y-Yeah…T-thanks, this is the best gift we could ask for…”

Rarity hugged Fluttershy. “It’s good to hug you, Fluttershy…I missed you so much…”

Fluttershy returned the hug and nodded. “I missed you two, Rarity. I missed all of you.”

The two may have shared another connection, but Rarity wasn’t about to let another shocking reveal spoil their moment.

Bomb Pie and his adopted siblings rushed their mother once her hug with Rainbow was done and hugged the Pink Pony.

Rainbow Dash smiled, then blinked. “Wait a minute, you said three ponies, who’s number three?”

Santa Hooves blinked and peaked into his sack. “Are you lost in there, dear?”

“Yeah! A little! I’m with the Neighpon stuff!”

Rarity gasped. “That…that voice…”

“Oh! Head right and climb up the Roedina presents!” Santa Hooves called back.

A few moments later, a white unicorn filly with a pink and purple mane climbed out of the sack, and smiled up at Rarity. “Hey Rarity! I get to be Hearth’s Warming Yet to Come!”

A few seconds later there was a couch and a fainted unicorn avatar in the living room.


“Libra, I was on my way back to Roedina when I decided to stop and wish you a merry-” said Mother Deer, poking her head into Queen Libra’s throne room. The Mother of All Deer blinked, looking at the Alicorn of the Mortal World fainted on a couch. “Um, is this a bad time?”


Luna, Celly, and Tom looked at their little sister/mother’s other avatar currently fainted on a couch, the Windy-Gos and Sun Spirits gathering around her as well. “…Did she used to do this a lot?”

Luna nodded. “Yes, quite often. Something surprising most have happened…” she stated while Tom tried to fan their mother back to consciousness.


Queen Cadence XV blinked, watching Queen Libra faint onto her couch in the middle of her Hearth’s Warming speech to Avalon. “Is this part of the speech?”


Applejack explained things to Apple Computer quickly while Sweetie awakened her sister (and her various incarnations and Avatars with her) and hugged her close, earning Pinkie another hug as well. “Good to have the family together for the holiday!”

Scootaloo had been left dumbfounded for several moments before approaching Sweetie and Rarity. “Sweetie Belle?”

“Hi Scootaloo!” the unicorn gave her friend a hug once she managed to convince her elder sister to let go. “Good to see you again!”

Scootaloo returned the hug. “Yeah, it is…” she said, smiling back. “Too bad we didn’t have the chance to do this a few years ago! Then we could’ve been…”

The thousand year old creatures covered their ears quickly as the two fillies inhaled.

“CUTIE MARK CURSADERS GHOSTS OF HEARTH’S WARMING EVE!”

The Apple Pies and Gilda were left covering their ears and groaning while the two smiled big at each other.

Scootaloo then looked at the sack for a few moments, expecting a certain Earth Pony to scramble out but finding no such thing. Applejack seemed to share the resulting disappointed look. “So…no Applebloom?”

Sweetie frowned and shook her head. “No, there were only three places…And Fluttershy and Pinkie got two, so it was either me or Applebloom and Applebloom said this would be my last real chance to see my sister again so…”

Applejack nodded. “I understand, dear: I’ll get to see my sister again someday, I don’t mind.”

Scootaloo still looked a little disappointed, before Rainbow Dash put a hoof on her back. “Scoots, don’t complain about the one gift Santa Hooves couldn’t bring ya! Enjoy the big one he gave you!” the cyan pegasus advised.

The crystal pegasus gave a thoughtful look around her, and at Sweetie Belle and nodded. “Yeah…You’re right…Hehe, Applebloom wouldn’t want me throwing a pity party for myself when my friend is right next to me! And besides, I‘m sure she‘s with us in spirit!”

And so Scootaloo, Rarity, and Sweetie went aside to enjoy each other’s company and just talk and share old stories.

A certain Griffin slowly approached Fluttershy. “Uh…hey, Fluttershy…Uh…I know it’s really old news by now but…about last time we actually met…” she said, rubbing her head nervously. She wanted to say this now because otherwise she’d probably never had a chance to do it again. Even she knew Fluttershy’s present ‘condition’ meant they wouldn’t have the chance to do it in Heaven. She muttered something under her breath.

“Um…excuse me, but…what?”

“I said I’m…I’m sorry, alright? I was a big jerk to my best friend’s friend for no good reason and I’m sorry!” Gilda spat out, looking down.

Fluttershy looked on in shock for a moment…then hugged her. “I forgave you a long time ago…Mercy can’t hold a grudge,” she replied, whispering the last part.

Gilda let her hug, but seemed a tad annoyed at it, but smiled when she was forgiven. “Thanks…I guess…”

“Alright, everypony!” Pinkie announced. “Let’s party!”

A jukebox appeared out of nowhere and began playing holiday music. The room broke out in dancing and singing. Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, Rarity, and Applejack took every moment they had to spend time with their loved ones on their brief night back on earth.

And it was the best Hearth’s Warming any of them had had in a thousand years.


“And there you go! A nice cute little Hearth’s Warming Eve story and actually on the right day this time!” Pinkie Diane exclaimed. “Pinkie had to go, she’s having a blast with her friends just like the story said! Everypony, everygriff, and everyshadow, we all hope you enjoyed the show! I have my own Hearth’s Warming parties to get to! Bye bye!”

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!