• Published 19th Jul 2013
  • 1,221 Views, 82 Comments

Pony POV Series: Dark World Drabbles - Godzillawolf



The Dark World Series has been a long hard road...but what about what you didn't? These are the untold stories of Dark World.

  • ...
4
 82
 1,221

Harmony Day

Author's Note:

OOC: Happy 4th of July! Wrote this because it occured to me I had a good set up for a holiday special I never thought I could ever do with MLP. Hope you like it!

Note: This is set exactly one year after Eclipse was defeated, which (given Hearth's Warming happened) I'm saying was before Return of the Empire

"Hello, citizens of Equestria. I hereby declare the anniversary of the world's freedom Harmony Day, a celebration of the day the Second Age of Chaos ended. Of the day the world could return to peace and harmony. This is not a celebration of a villain's fall. It is a celebration of the world rising again.

Myself and my friends may have saved the world...but the Alicorn Witch refused to see the beauty in what is, instead obsessing over what once was...let us not be the same. Let us celebrate what we have in this new time of peace. Thank you, and I do hope you'll enjoy the holiday," Queen Libra, the Bride of All, said, standing on the balcony of Eden.
---
Howdy, Ah'm Bomb Pie. Ah came all the way back from Heaven because Ah wanted tah enjoy how the world is now (and make up fer what Ah did...but that's kinda not the point here), so Ah think it goes without sayin' Ah was kinda excited tah spend a holiday celebratin'...but then we kinda realized somethin'.

"So...how do you celebrate Harmony Day?" Magica asked. Ah met Magica in Heaven, but we didn't really get tah be friends until after Ah came back.

"That's...a good question…" Apple Pie said.

All us kids were standin' out in the yard. Apple Pie said bein' able tah just be outside and enjoy it without lookin' over our shoulders all the time was reason enough tah celebrate on it's own…

"It IS kinda the first one and Queen Libra is just havin' some parties," Poison Apple pointed out. "So what do we do?"

We'd have asked Aunt Applejack, but she wasn't going to be here until later since she was helping Libra preparations.

So, we did what we normally do: ask Granny Smith.

(Interviewer's Notes (Razzaroo): Isn't she your age now?)

Yeah, but she's still our...Ah don't know how many greats Grandma. Besides, Ah'm a couple hundred years old mahself right now.

"Granny Smith! How do we celebrate Harmony Day?!" Banana Pie asked as we ran up tah her.

Granny just got that one smile she always does when she's amused with somethin' we asked. "Ah have absolutely no idea. First one Ah've ever had!"

We all looked to each other.

"Besides, youngin's...Ah should probably get outta sayin' that considerin' Ah'm one now. Yer the ones who will be celebratin' this the rest of yer lives and Apple Pie there made it possible. Don't sound like mah place tah come up with traditions. Made plenty of 'em when Ah was alive. Give it a shot yerself first, Ah'll roll with what yah give meh!"

Apple Computer said about the same thing, so we were back tah square one.

"...How about we make a statue of Discord, then blow it up!" Cream Pie suggested, lookin' excited tah do that.

"But Discord wasn't even wantin' tah be that bad guy no more, Paradox was makin' 'em," Apple Pie pointed out. No pony questioned her cause, yah know, she was THERE.

"And the sea ponies wouldn't like that…" Cherry Pie pointed out. "Ah want Waterflower tah at least be able tah have fun with meh on Harmony Day sometime..."

Waterflower was in Sky Ocean right and Ladybird was in New Avalon. Ah heard the Sea Ponies were havin' a completely different thing right now.

"Darn...How about we make one of that Alicorn Witch then?" Cream Pie suggested.

"But she turned inta Half-Light...or got eaten by Half-Light...Hehe, don't know what happened really," Apple Pie remarked.

"Besides, Apple Pie's the only pony that knows what she looks like!" Banana Pie pointed out.

"Me, Poison Apple, and Bomb Pie know," Magica pointed out. "We watched from Heaven. But isn't making a stone statue and blowing it up what Libra said NOT to do?"

We all blinked and looked at her.

"She said today's for celebrating the world being free, not Discord and that witch getting their flanks kicked, remember?"

"Oh yeah…"

Poison Apple looked a bit disappointed there...can't say Ah blame her, given what Fluttercruel did tah her.

"Besides...I don't want to give Discord or Nightmare Eclipse or whoever did all this a moment more of my time..."

(Interviewer's Notes (Razzaroo): You're being quiet.)

Yeah, Ah know. Ah don't talk that much. Aunt Applejack says Ah remind her of her brother…

"...Yah know what every holiday Ah ever heard of has lots of?" Apple Pie asked. "Food! Even with Discord runnin' things, we still made a bit more for 'em!"

We all nodded, sounded great tah us.

"Sounds great but what KINDA food?" Banana Pie asked, giving that big grin of hers.

"Guess we just make it up as we go?" Apple Pie asked. "How we're doin' all of it anyway!"

We narrowed it down tah Cherry Pie and Poison Apple cause they actually knew how tah cook best out of all of us.

"Oh! Ah have an idea!" Cherry Pie yelled. "We're celebrating the way the world is now, right? What about goin' way up high and lookin' at everythin' down here and just enjoin it?"

Cherry Pie was normally a bit shy, but she did get worked up sometimes.

The rest of us all looked at our backs.

"I can cast a spell to give me butterfly wings, but I can't do that on more than one pony," Magica explained, giving a sigh. "So it looks like only two of us, maybe four could actually do that."

"Oh…"

And Spike was with Queen Libra, so there went that. He was the King after all. Scarlet...was in Dracotopia...and wouldn't be allowed tah fly us anyway...

"Oh...sorry…"

Poison Apple tapped her chin. "Hey! Back in Heaven, Ms. Hackney said she had a 'sweetheart' who flew hot-air balloons! That could work, right?"

"Yeah! Half-Light said she used tah have one!" Apple Pie replied, hopping a bit. "Let's do that!"

"Does anypony even know HOW to do that?" Magica asked, she is the voice of reason with us normally.

"Ah got a book on it!" Poison Apple yelled. "Ah'm sure Pa and Gideon would be able tah help us!"

"And Ah got plenty of stuff that burns!" Cream Pie yelled, lookin' over tah her stash of stuff that went boom. It was a big stash.

(Interviewer's Notes (Razzaroo): :) I love hot air balloons. Yes yes yes!)

Never been in one, but sounds fun.

"Okay, what else?!" Banana Pie asked, lookin' excited.

"We need decorations," Ah finally said. What? Ah've been with mom in Heaven since she died and had her family there before that. Ah know what a party needs...now. Ah don't need tah tell yah what Ah was like before Ah died...

Apple Pie got a big smirk. "How about the Elements?" she asked, pointin' tah the one around our necks and on Magica's head. Yeah, we wore 'em all the time. Why not? "All of 'em! Even the ones of the ponies Half-Light called tah help us?!"

"Yah REMEMBER all of 'em, sis?" Cream Pie asked her, raisin' an eyebrow.

"Kinda. Ah remember all the Laughter ones…"

"I remember them," Magica called out, giving a smile. "I was watching from Heaven, and MET a lot of them."

"Alright, sounds like we've got a plan!" Cream Pie said, giving one of the poses she normally did. "Let's do this!"

---

Cherry Pie

Okay, let's see, what food works?...Well, Ah like hamburgers, and those are something that is all over now and wasn't before Discord took over (cause cows were sa-pie-ant back then and those hadn't ascended to a higher plain of existence yet)…And Waterflower eats well...waterflowers. They're really good! And the sea ponies weren't here a thousand years ago so that'd work!

And Ah'll make it with love because the Changelings came out of hiding! That sounds good!

(Interviewer's Notes (Razzaroo): Hey, Cherry Pie, where did you learn to cook?)

Ah learned from Cousin Scarlet...before she...yah know, became a dragon. She was really good at it back then.

---
Poison Apple

Alright, let's see here...well, mah sis was the one that saved the world. So maybe apples and oranges would make sense? Yah, there's lots of stuff that Ah can make with that!

Oh! And a cake! What's a party without cake?!...Though Ah guess rock pie ain't fer everypony. Oh! Minty Pie helped too! Ah can make a mint pie! This'll be great!

(Interviewer's Notes (Razzaroo): Where'd you learn to cook, Poison Apple?)

Ms. Hackney taught meh in our cookin' classes. Has a lot in common with alchemy and chemistry!
---

Cream Pie

"Pa!" Ah called, runnin' up tah pa. He and Gideon were workin' on his computers. He was real close tah gettin' one that everypony can have.

(Interviewer's Notes (Razzaroo): Who's Gideon?)

Oh! He's a Gizmonk! After Apple Pie and her friends kicked Grogar's flank, the Gizmonks that were workin' for 'em did a lotta things. Gideon liked Pa's computers and decided tah join 'em makin' em.

"Hey, Cream Pie, how's the plannin' comin'?" Pa asked, lookin' tah meh.

"Goin' great pa! But we came up with somethin' and need yer help!" Banana Pie called hoofin' him the book Poison Apple gave us. Ah admit, Ah used tah think her goin' tah get those books was a dumb idea cause she had tah go tah the Chaos Capital of the World, but Ah see how good it can be now. "Think we can make one of these big enough fer the whole family?"

"Oh! A hot air balloon!" said Gideon, gettin' excited. "What a marvelous idea!"

Gideon liked tah make stuff just for the sake of makin' 'em. Said that's just how Gizmonks are.

"Might need a couple, family's pretty big, Banana Pie, but why?"

"Cherry Pie thought it'd be cool if we all went up high and looked over the place tah celebrate and it seemed like a plum good idea!" Ah said, givin' a point up, all enthusiastic like.

(Interviewer's Notes (Razzaroo): You get along with Rainbow, the Changeling Rangers, and Ilea don't you?)

You bet! How'd ya know?!

(Interviewer's Notes (Razzaroo): Just a lucky guess. Yes yes yes.)

---

Magica

Okay, let's see. That one was Saint Sweetheart. Her Cutie Mark was heart and she had an Element of Kindness, so it would be pink.

We were making a bunch of ornaments to put up in the shapes of their Cutie Marks, but also making a large paper with them in the same arrangement they were in when they defeated Nightmare Eclipse. I got to meet some of those mares, it was fascinating to learn about the First and Second Ages of Ponykind. I really want to learn mor-

"BOO!"

"AHHH!"

(Interviewer's Notes (Razzaroo): What happened?!)

"Masquerade don't scare me like that!" I yelled at the green, blank flank virgacorn filly wearing a skull mask who'd just popped up front of me out of nowhere.

(Interviewer's Notes (Razzaroo): Who's that?)

Masquerade Midsummer, the filly we got the Alicorn Amulet from to make the Elements of Chaos from...that wasn't easy. We had help from a pony who knew a lot about it, but that thing was dangerous enough with an adult using it, a sad lonely filly who had no one and was mischievous to begin with is another story…

(Interviewer's Notes (Razzaroo): What's she doing here?)

She still had nowhere to go...she had to go somewhere and part of how we got her to take the accursed thing off was saying we'd be her friend and Apple Pie paradoxing her a billion times...at least she felt sad for all the curses she'd put on hometown with it after that thing wasn't messing with her head anymore...Plus it tried to get ME to try and put it on after we got it off of her, I know how tempting that blasted thing could be.

Masquerade giggled and took the mask off. "Hehe, sorry. What are you doing?"

"Making decorations for Harmony Day. We're making these based off of the Cutie Marks of the ones who defeated Nightmare Eclipse," I replied, showing the ones we'd already made.

"Oh...what about my Great to the tenth power Grandma Trixie?"

I blinked. "Huh? Why?"

"Well, she gave Twilight her Element, right?" she asked, looking a bit hurt…

"...I admit...I hadn't thought of that...thanks Masquerade."

She gave a stage bow. Did I mention her entire family line has apparently had a thing for theatrics? "You're welcome...OH! I have an idea!" she said, then did a cartwheel into her room and then one back, wearing a mask that looked like her own face but made of crystal. "Why don't all of us that weren't brought back to life wear these?"

I cocked my head. "Why?"

"To celebrate all of you coming back to life of course!" she replied, taking the mask off and giving a smirk. "After all...I know I'm grateful, you wouldn't have saved me if you weren't dead, would you?"

I blushed a bit. "You're right...thanks...but we'd need a mask like that for everypony."

"Already done!" she said, giving a smug grin.

"...Not that it's not helpful, but WHY do you have crystal masks of everypony in the family?"

"...Cause it's fun to make masks."

Considering she threw a giant goat monster with a mask for a head at us when she had the Amulet, that's honestly not that surprising.

---

Apple Pie

"My word, you children have been busy, haven't you?" Aunt Applejack asked, walking' in tah see what Magica and meh did! We the place looked like it Hearth's Warming! Except with Elements of Harmony!...So it ain't really. Hehe…

Masquerade did a cartwheel and handed her a mask of her own face except all crystal. Ah was wearin' one too! Hehe, kinda weird wearin' a mask of yerself! That's the opposite of what masks are for!

"The masks are to celebrate everypony coming back to life, it was Masquerade's idea," Magica explained, giving Masquerade a smile.

"Sounds like a wonderful idea, dear," Aunt Applejack said, puttin' hers on...and givin' herself an illusion of havin' the gem eyes. Hehe, disguise inside a disguise! She smiled tah Granny Smith. "I certainly don't argue with the idea of celebrating having those we lost returned to us."

We gave all the ponies who'd came back a BIG hug! Ah hugged mah sister the hardest! Wish Caster and Puella were her tah hug, but they're with their folks right now. So Ah'll just hug 'em when they get back!

---

Cherry Pie

"Hamburgers, waterflowers, apple and orange everything, and mint pies. Quite the interesting combination," Auntie Applejack said, looking at the job meh and Poison Apple did…

Ah looked down. "We...kinda didn't talk with each other about what the other was makin'..."

Poison Apple nodded, doin' the same. "It ain't very harmonic…"

But Auntie just grinned. "I think it works just fine, dears."

"Huh?" we BOTH asked.

"Well, part of the world IS Discord's chaos he left behind, isn't it?" she asked us. "So the meal being a bit of a mix of different things that are still good feels like a wonderful idea. To remind us chaos is still part of the world, and that a little bit of it isn't that bad. I mean I DO have one of the Elements of Chaos for my heart. That sounds like a good way to celebrate, doesn't it?"

We looked to each other and nodded. "Yeah!"

(Interviewer's Notes (Razzaroo): Reminds me of an old friend of mine...her special talent was mixing at least three things together to make something really good...Yes yes yes...Just remember, some things just don't go together.)

Yeah, Ah know. Like fish and ice cream! That isn't as good as it sounds! Yucky! But this time everything tasted good! Ah think Ah ate so much Ah won't be able to fly for awhile...
---
[=Lunar Eternal Blue – Wonderful Victory=]

Banana Pie

"Alright, all aboard!" Pa called and we all filed onto the big old hot-air balloon he and Gideon had put together! The balloon had Apple Pie and her friends' Cutie Marks on it too.

"My word, how long has this been here?" Applejack asked as we got on board.

Pa gave a smirk. "Tonight. Meh and Gideon made it. The kids had a really good idea: go up high and look down on this big world and celebrate it."

Applejack seemed tah like that! "I must say, it is a good idea. I think I might suggest that one to Rarity for next year."

Hear that! We made somethin' that might be what everypony's doin' next year!

Anyway, we took off and went up high as Pa said the book said was safe and we were lookin' down on the whole area! Rock farm looks right fine from way up here! Those apple trees are really lookin' pretty too!

New Avalon's new capital city was right next door, where their old capital used tah be 500 years ago, so Pa decided tah float of it. The Changelings were shooting their fire up into the sky, but not high enough tah hit us. We got a little lower and saw 'em puttin' on some kinda show. Ah think it was of Apple Pie and her friends kickin' Discord's flank.

"Hey, that ain't what happened…" Apple Pie said. "We never even fought Discord…"

Aunt Applejack put a hoof on her shoulder. "It's called 'artistic license', dear. Remember for most ponies Nightmare Eclipse kinda came plum outta nowhere and us beatin' Discord is the part they remember."

"Hehe...Ah guess Ah can see that, the comics they're makin' of us have the Elements give us armor or somethin'."

All Ah know is Changelings can put on one Tartarus of a show! Charry Pie got tah wave tah Ladybird too.

Next we headed over Ponyville where the Virgacorns were shootin' off spells and everypony was havin' a big festival of some kind. Looked like a lotta fun! Apple Pie smiled tah see a few of 'em had her and her friends' Cutie Marks and stuff on 'em! Don't blame her none, she earned it! Pa said we'd come back and play some of the games on the way back, Ah sure hope they're still open!

Next we head off up tah Cloudsdale. What were they doin'? Rainbow Dash and her Wonderbolts were doin' an airshow! And Ah'll tell you Ah ain't never seen one of those before and it was somethin' awesome!

Rainbow lead Gilda, Scootaloo, and the others alongside us and gave Apple Pie a salute! We didn't see all of it, but Ah can see why Rainbow liked all this stuff back before Discord if this is what it was like!

Sky Ocean actually floated by US and...it weren't as happy. The Sea Ponies were puttin' on one of their shows and mournin' Discord...then they started singin' Ding Dong The Alicorn Witch is Dead and puttin' on a real big show! Waterflower popped out of the water and waved.

"Big Hat Discord…" She fell back inta Sky Ocean then swam out AGAIN. "Wouldn't want us…to spend today...all sad...so we mourned...him and now we're...celebrating that the...world didn't get...destroyed!" she said, havin' tah jump out like eight or nine times. Girl was dedicated.

We headed for Canterlot last, and boy was it lit up like it was Hearth's Warmin'! Eden was actually DANCIN'! Not growin' legs, but yah could tell!

Spike flew up on the mountain and breathed fire up inta the air while Rarity grew as big as him (and so did the big pretty dress she was had) and fired a beam along side it! BOOM! It blew up and sent an aurora across the whole sky! We all stared as it danced up there!

"Rarity's a lot of things, but one thing she won't do is anything half way," Applejack said, giving a smile.

+++

Bomb Pie

We floated over Devil's Fall (the big sea Cadence, Tiamat, Bahamut, and...everyone made beatin' Lord Tirek last time he showed up), watchin' the sun set. Weren't any big shows goin' on, no celebrations...we were just watchin' Celestia put the sun down…

...Yah know, sunsets just didn't exist when Ah was alive the last time...just 'it's night, now it's day' every five seconds...It's so pretty…

(Interviewer's Notes (Razzaroo): Yeah...it is, isn't it?)

Yeah…

So we all just sat there on Pa's hot air baloon, watchin' the sun go down, somethin' no pony could see before now…

That's what Harmony Day's supposed tah be about, ain't it?...Seein' how great the world is now?

Ah think this is a good way tah spend it.

Comments ( 4 )

So, we did what we normally do: ask Granny Smith.
(Interviewer's Notes (Razzaroo): Isn't she your age now?)

But she's still very wise.

"But Discord wasn't even wantin' tah be that bad guy no more, Paradox was makin' 'em," Apple Pie pointed out. No pony questioned her cause, yah know, she was THERE.

Then make a statue of her and blow THAT up.

She gave a stage bow. Did I mention her entire family line has apparently had a thing for theatrics?

I like her already.

Awesome addition!

"Darn...How about we make one of that Alicorn Witch then?" Cream Pie suggested.

Considering how much hatred I have for nightmare eclipse, I would have been enthusiastic for blowing up her statue.

This whole chapter was pretty amusing, considering that it is told from the point of view of the kids and it sure was entertaining to read. That part where Masquerade scared Magica gave me a big chuckle.

And finally.......................seeing the world, in all it's glory, beauty and splendor. The peace and freedom that had been fought with bravery, hardship and sacrifice, it was just............wonderful to see all of the fruits of Apple Pie and company's efforts being savored and enjoyed for all to see................it brings a huge smile on my face.

Great chapter.

This story is very good so far. Well done.

Login or register to comment