• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 2,841 Views, 31 Comments

They Never Knew - SilverEyedWolf



Human Spike living an AU life in Ponyville with friends.

  • ...
23
 31
 2,841

Love and The Following

The rest of the party saw me sitting around, random people coming up and introducing themselves and asking all sorts of questions about life in Canterlot and living in the same castle as Celestia. Nearly everyone had left by the time a tall, reedy girl with golden eyes and dirty-blonde hair walked up and sat beside me, letting out a sigh of contentment as she sunk into the couch.

“Some party, huh?” I said to her, handing over an unopened drink I had with me. She popped the seal off and took a drink, smiling as the fizz hit her tongue.

“Yeah, I just wish I could find the guests of honor. I heard one of them’s a dragon!” she said, obviously excited at the prospect of meeting such a mythical creature. I smiled and held out my hand. “Well hello then. My name’s Spike, emissary of Celestia.”

She gasped and turned to me, pushing a lock of her hair out of her face to look at me with… one of her eyes. Her other eye seemed to have a mind of its own, looking wherever it wished. With excitement scrunching her face and widening her eyes, I had to decide that she was absolutely adorable. I smiled widely at her as she took my hand gingerly and shook it. “You must be the mail lady the Mayor told me of.”

She nodded, letting her hair fall back over her eye. “Yup, that’s me! My name’s Ditzy, but everyone calls me Derpy. I’m not sure why, but you can call me whatever you’d like.” She leaned close to me, feigning mystery. “So, is it true?”
I leaned in as well, lowering my voice to match hers. “Is what true?”

“Twilight’s a grumpy old dragon?”

I burst out laughing, scaring the poor lady with the suddenness and volume of my mirth. She joined me as the surprise wore off, then Pinkie Pie plopped down beside her and joined us. I wiped my eyes with the back of my hands, tears quickly evaporating into the air. “What’s the joke?” asked Pinkie.

“Please don’t say it again,” I said to Ditzy. “I’m just starting to catch my breath.” Giggling, she whispered to Pinkie, who kept her solemn face until the end. She nodded, as if she’d been told a great secret, the excused herself to go outside. I could hear her frantic giggles as she walked through the party and outside.

Leaning back, I held out my palm and slowly pulled up the pattern of my scales against my human skin. She ran her fingers over the leathery surface, and for the second time that night gooseflesh adorned my shoulders and arms.

“I didn’t know dragons could turn into humans,” she said, absentmindedly stroking my scales.

“It took a lot of magic and tons of help and knowledge from Celestia.” She nodded, hypnotically tracing the creases of my hand. I slowly released the scales, and she held my hand as she felt them trickle away under my flesh. When my scales were hidden she retraced my palms, as if feeling the difference. She blushed suddenly and took her hand back, as if she’d just realized how intimate our actions seemed to be.

I thought about it and realized for myself how that had probably looked from an outsider’s standpoint. I felt myself flush yet again, and took a drink to help rinse the red from my cheeks. Dear Celestia, I thought, I’m going to end up with bruised cheeks after this night.

“Spike?” Ditzy’s voice asked, from over my shoulder. I turned back to her and found myself eye-to-eye with the woman. I sat still as she looked into my eyes, and I saw that both of hers were working together for a moment to search my soul, one of hers still peeking out from under her hair. She grinned and her eye went back to doing its own thing, as if it had lost interest.

“You have beautiful eyes. I thought they were purple, but they’re flecked with green and black.”

I looked back into her eyes, gold flecked with black. I pulled back a little and sighed. “You have gorgeous eyes too, Ditzy. Thank you for the compliment…” I trailed off as I saw some light leave her eyes. She pulled at the hair covering her eye and muttered something.

“What was that?” I asked, knowing I misheard her.

“You don’t have to lie to me,” she said, covering her eye with her hand now. “I know I’m weird, and my eyes are ugly. You don’t need…”

She stopped as I took her arm and gently pulled her hands away from her face. She tried to look away, but I put a hand softly on her cheek and pulled her gently to face me. I looked straight into her eyes and said, “I’m sorry. I’m sorry people have lied to you, have been cruel. But anyone who could find your eyes anything but beautiful has a soul blacker than soot.”

Tears began falling from her eyes, and she pulled herself close to me and buried her face in my collar, near my shoulder. Surprised, I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and held her as she sobbed quietly into my chest. Panicking I looked around at the rest of the people. Most were quietly talking among themselves, Vinyl having packed up her equipment hours ago. A few were looking at us, and there were even a few people just sleeping on furniture and on the floor.

Of the few looking at us, Rarity and Rainbow were among them. I looked pleadingly at them. Rarity waved a hand at me, as if telling me to lay in the bed I’d made. Rainbow, however, gave me thumbs-up and winked at me. Rarity looked surprised, then winked at me and grinned devilishly. I made a face at them and resigned myself, leaning back and holding Ditzy a little firmer.

The sobbing trailed off and she eventually looked up at me; cheeks and eyes red, her entire face seemed wet. I took my long sleeve and gently swiped at her face, drying her as best I could. Rarity walked over and dropped a cool, wet washcloth in my hand, then returned to where Rainbow and Fluttershy were chatting with Vinyl.

I wiped at her face with the cloth and she smiled at me, grabbing my hand. “Thank you Spike. It’s been… well, never since anyone said anything like that to me. I made me feel… pretty good.”

I nodded awkwardly, holding out her drink for her. She smiled and took it, the kissed my cheek and leaned against me. Unsure of what to do, I looked back over to the group of friends. Rarity was miming at me to kiss her; Rainbow and vinyl were making… certain gestures with their hips. Fluttershy smiled and moved her arm as if putting it around a shoulder.

I looked down to Ditzy and she was looking back up at me, smiling slightly. Thankfully, her back was to the group of romancers. I pulled my arm from between us slowly, and wrapped it around her as she snuggled up beside me. She was warm and soft, softer than I knew a person could be. I gently laid my chin on top of her head, gently smelling her warm hair.
Rarity looked like she was doing a little cheer; Rainbow and vinyl were pretending to throw up, and Fluttershy was only smiling and nodding. I closed my eyes and let myself get lost in the feeling of the woman touching me.


I awoke to the feeling of someone prodding me in the forehead. I swatted at the hand and opened my eyes. I’d fallen asleep apparently, and Ditzy was still clinging to my chest. I looked up into the grinning face of Rainbow Dash. “Wake up Romeo.” She gestured towards the clock, which showed roughly five-thirty. She beckoned me to follow her and started towards the door.

I gently tapped Ditzy on her arm, and her eyes fluttered open. “I have to go help prepare for Celestia.” She smiled and nodded, then kissed my lips, very chastely. “I’ll look forward to your return.” I stood and she laid where I had been, pulling a pillow from the couch underneath her head.

I walked outside and saw Rainbow standing in the yard. I stretched and pulled in the wet morning air, breathing in as deeply as I could. She tossed another scroll my way, not waiting for me to finish. “Celestia’s going to be in the civic center in a few minutes. She says that she’s going to summon her sister before raising the sun. Something about reintroducing her at the height of the festival.”

I skipped through the scroll, detailing what Celestia planned to do and when she was going to do it. “Alright then. Let’s head there.”

Rainbow grinned at me. “Are you sure your girlfriend won’t miss you too much?”

I grinned back and said no, I wasn’t sure. We talked and jabbed at each other as we walked down the road, across town and up to the doors of the center already opened and flanked by Morris and Allain.

They took hold of their swords when they saw Rainbow approaching, but relaxed when they saw me beside her. “Hey Spike. Meeting new ladies, are we?”

I rolled my eyes at Morris. “No flirting guys, she’s as well as a Darklighter and could probably fold you into a trashcan. Besides, you’re not her type.”

“Oh?” mocked Allain. “And you are?”

She shook her head. “Nope, and even if he was, he’s much too busy making eyes at a certain blonde.”

Morris grinned and held up a hand, while Allain merely looked surprised. I shook my head at Morris and asked, “What is it Allain? Surprised that I could get a lady?”

“A little surprised that you have an interest. You never showed any at Canterlot.”

I readied a retort, but was interrupted by Celestia poking her head out through the door. “Spike, as fascinating as your love life is, could you talk to these old hens later? I need your help in here.”

I winked at Morris. “Duty calls ladies. We’ll catch up later.”

Morris made a passing remark that earned him a look from the princess, and Rainbow jogged behind Celestia and I as we walked to the main room of the center. She was trying to say something without talking directly to Celestia, and I grinned at her sudden loss of speech.

“Celestia, this is Rainbow Dash. She’s an ally to the Darklighters.” Celestia nodded and smiled back over her shoulder.

“Wonderful to meet you, Rainbow Dash. It’s always nice to meet a friend of Spike’s.” Rainbow flushed and nodded, mumbling something about it not being a problem and she was mostly a helper to Spitfire.

We entered the large main room, the second time I’d been there today. Celestia withdrew her wand and rolled up the rug covering the room, making sure it moved to keep the paint underneath from scratching. Sometime before the festival, someone had come here and painted a runic circle onto the floor.

Celestia walked the entire room, using magic to change one or two things but otherwise seeming satisfied. She looked up at me, face glowing with happiness. “I’m getting my sister back tonight,” she said, as if she couldn’t believe it.

I smiled and nodded gently, not voicing my doubts and fears. “What time do you want to begin? It needs to be done before the moon sets, I assume?”

Celestia drew her wand and looked into my eyes. “We can start now.”

I nodded and held up a hand, then ran to the front doors. “Morris, Allain, locks the doors and get in here. We’re beginning.”

They nodded, both solemn now. They walked into the hallway and locked the doors behind them, then walked to the end of the hall with me. “Good luck,” Allain said, before shutting the double doors and locking them from the outside, leaving Morris on the inside with the rest of us. He set himself squarely in front of the double doors, pulling his sword partway from its sheath to facilitate a quick draw.

I pulled my sword from my bracelet, quickly resizing it and strapping it my back. Rainbow looked around, then pulled her wings and flew up to the balcony, taking a boxer’s stance. I took my spot beside Celestia, both of us in our own circles a few feet from the main one, a large loop taking up the center of the room.

Celestia looked around, affirming that we were all in our allotted places, then lifted her wand to the moon, perfectly framed by the large round window.

“Let’s begin.”


I’m not sure how to describe the ceremony we used for summoning Luna. It was long, with some chanting required from me. It was important that I was the one helping Celestia; something to do with the magic Nightmare Moon Had used on me when I was still an egg.

It was actually pretty boring, up until the last minutes of the process. Mostly it was a lot of talking, until the circles and runes started to glow. Celestia nodded at me, and as one we split the skin on our palms and poured blood into areas designated within our circles.

The blood immediately took on a life of its own, flowing through painted channels and mixing together in front of the middle circle. The runes glowed bright white, then all light went out as a moonbeam struck the pool of blood. A smoke filled the circle, pushing out on the edges all at the same time, then collapsed into the middle.

A young girl formed out of the mist, kneeling on the ground. She had her hands up to her eyes, and was garbed in a loose blue gown. She groaned and looked up, into the wet eyes of Celestia. “Sister…”

A massive tremor shook her, and she screamed, looking at me in terror. She flung a hand at me, looking terrified. “Not him, anyone but him,” she screamed, sobbing. I tried to look at Celestia, but found myself unable to move.

I hit my knees and felt a cold pool slowly moving up from my gut. I opened my mouth to scream as pain wracked my body, but instead of air black smog dripped from my lips. I gagged and felt my body push up more of this slime, painful contractions radiating from my chest.

I finished expelling the cold darkness and fell forward, catching myself on my hands and knees. I watched as the darkness gathered and flung itself through Celestia’s wards, not prepared for an attack from this side, and watched it fly towards the sobbing, screaming girl. I felt my face make contact with the cold concrete, and heard the throaty laughter of Nightmare Moon as I drifted into unconsciousness.


Aching, I awoke to the feeling of something cold and wet on my forehead. I looked up into golden eyes, smiling kindly down on me. I smiled back, and drifted out of consciousness once more.

……………………………………

Shivering, I opened my eyes again. I felt the cloth against my forehead still, much warmer this time than last and less wet. I turned my head to the side, and felt myself smile at the sight of Ditzy’s golden hair. She’d fallen asleep beside the couch I was laying on, and her head was resting on the side of the pillow I lay on.

I kissed her head through her hair, and looked back up into another pair of golden eyes. Both of these seemed to obey their master, and were gazing down into mine full of curiosity. Her blond hair formed a halo for her head, glowing with the light directly behind her.

I swallowed and managed to push out, “Hello. You must be Ditzy’s sister.”

She nodded, taking the rag from my head and dunking it in some water, squeezing it out, than soaking it in a glass of fresh water. She put it to my lips and squeezed, letting me drink the water from the cloth. After she squeezed most of the water into my mouth, she folded the cloth and placed it back onto my forehead.

I tried to ask her where everyone else was, but I slurred heavily and she put her finger to her lips and slid the cloth down over my eyes. I shivered at the cool feeling of the cloth sliding over my face, then accepted the darkness and fell back into sleep.

…………….……………………

I came back to consciousness much later this time, with the rag back up on my forehead. I looked around and saw a bunch of people sitting around the table, looking grim. I pushed myself up on an arm and smiled, breathing out, “Hey guys. What’s going on?”

Ten heads turned to look at me, all with much less weight. “Spike,” breathed Twilight, and she moved around the table to hug me. I sat up all the way with her help, and looked around at the faces peering at me. I attempted to hide my naked chest, but Twilight was more concerned with looking me over.

Twilight had a strange crown on, and I reached up to touch a point on the start crowning the jewelry. “It figures. As soon as I’m out of the picture for a minute you go all girly girl.”

She smiled at me and motioned to five of the other people. “Spike, I’d like you to meet the Elements of Harmony. Loyalty,” she said, and Rainbow grinned at me. “Kindness,” she intoned, and Rainbow raised the hand she had entwined with Fluttershy’s. “Honesty and Friendship,” she said, with Applejack and Pinkie Pie raising their hands and waving. “And Generosity,” she finished, with Rarity smiling and looking away, abashed.

Counting on my hands, I frowned. “That’s only five. There have always been six Elements…” I trailed off as I looked up at Twilight’s crown. Pointing to herself, she smiled and said one word.

“Magic.”

I grinned up at her and hugged her. “Only because there isn’t an Element for books,” I said jokingly, and she punched me in the chest. I’d expected it to hurt, but I didn’t feel it nearly as much as I used to. I frowned and moved my hand over my chest, feeling nothing different. I looked up at Twilight, who was frowning worriedly.

“Hit me again. Harder,” I said. Her eyebrows jumped up and she looked confused. “C’mon bookworm, did I hurt your hand the first time?” I jeered.

Confused, she hit me again, a bit softer than the first time. I felt no pain. I felt the pressure, but not the pain I usually associated with Twilight’s ire.

“I think I may be able to explain what you’re feeling,” came a small voice, and a young girl with violet hair about Ditzy’s sister’s age stood up and walked around the table. “You’re not feeling as much pain as usual, are you?”

I shook my head, shrinking a little from her instinctually. I saw her face fall, and I apologized, “Sorry Luna. It’s just… history.”

She nodded, then touched my chest. “It felt so cold, didn’t it?” I nodded, remembering the darkness pooled in my lungs. “That’s Nightmare Moon. That’s the presence that haunted me, warping my feelings and desires. I thought she had died up there on that moon, but I suppose that she… it, implanted part of itself in you. Probably when we…”

She stopped speaking, tears sparkling in her eyes. I reached over and, haltingly, patted her hand. “It wasn’t you. Please, don’t cry for my sake, I know it wasn’t you.”

She nodded and swiped at her eyes. “Anyway, what you’re feeling is Nightmare’s presence missing. She probably was hurting you, lying dormant over so many years. The fact of what you are is probably the only reason she didn’t try and possess you.”

Luna grinned hollowly. “She was afraid of dragons, you know. It was probably torture for her to even be inside you.”

Celestia walked up behind her sister and put her hands on her shoulders. Luna shook off the look and leaned back against the princess. “I’m still shaking off her influence, sorry.”

I waved my hand. “It’s okay princess, I understand.” I stretched my back, cracking the vertebrae in my spine. I felt something strange, and reached back and felt my wings stretching back against the couch. I looked at Twilight, panicked that she might have seen my secret, but she was merely smiling.

“Celestia told me Spike.” Confused, I looked up to her. She was smiling and nodded.

“It felt good, getting everything off my chest to Twilight, and it helped me catch Luna up on what had happened in the last thousand years. Say hello to the six newest Darklighters.” Each one of the six reached into a pocket and pulled out a badge exactly like mine, but with a moon in the middle of their seals.

“The moon is for me,” Luna said smugly. “These six will be not only my sister’s agents, but also mine. While Celestia uses her agents to lurk the night, these will be my eyes during the day.”

Celestia giggled and whispered to me, “We made each other our own personal Darklighters. It was fun.”

I closed my eyes and shook my head, smiling, glad that Celestia and her sister were off to such a good start again. When I opened my eyes, I looked past everyone to see Ditzy and her sister sitting with the other five Elements around the table.

I smiled at her as I felt the blood in my chest swirl. I motioned her over, and she shyly sat between me and Luna. I leaned against her slightly and wrapped my arm around her, saying aloud, “Twilight, Celestia, Luna, this is Ditzy. I believe she has taken my breathe away, and until I get it back I think I’ll stay beside her.”

She blushed as I introduced her to the people I considered my family, and Twilight blushed a little at my sappiness. “Get over yourself,” she muttered.

Celestia looked delighted however, while Luna looked politely patient. “How long have you known each other?” Celestia asked, sitting down beside her sister. The couch was getting crowded.

“Uhmmm… Twenty-four hours?” I asked Ditzy, looking up at the clock. She giggled and said, “Twenty-five.”

Celestia looked surprised and Luna cocked an eyebrow, but before they could say anything I looked sharply back up at the clock. It seemed to be eight-o-clock, but I could see no sun through the windows.

“Celestia, what time is it?” I asked her, looking at the clock.

“It’s eight in the morning she said, looking confused by the question. “Why?”

“What time was the sun set to come up?”

“Well, around seven-forty…” She trailed off, eyes widening. She jumped up and ran outside, looking up into the sky. “Why hasn’t my steward raised the sun!?” She ran back in grabbed Luna by the hand. “Ladies, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go raise the sun and murder a steward. I also need to show Luna how to use the machine that casts the spell, so I’m taking her with me. Write me often, Spike. I’ll miss you at the castle.”

She leaned over to kiss my forehead, then pointed her wand at the ground and cast a short spell. She and her sister disappeared into a fog, which flew through the open door towards Canterlot. The door gently shut behind the mist.

Applejack stood from the floor and stretched, also popping her back. “Ah don’t know about tha’ rest of you ladies,” she said, yawning. “But I’m plum tuckered from last night. Ah think Ah’m gonna go home, go ta’ bed.”

A general consensus rang through the room and everyone left until it was just me, Twilight, Ditzy, and her sister.

Twilight looked around awkwardly, then busied herself with clearing away the food and dishes from the table. Ditzy and I just leaned against each other. Her little sister helped Twilight with the dishes, and even brought me a plate of cold leftovers from the party last night. I found myself starving and immediately dug into the food.

I was done before Twilight cleared the table and she grabbed the plate from me and said something about how lucky I was that I was sick. Ditzy smiled and asked in a hushed voice, “Does she always mutter this much?” I nodded, and we dissolved into giggles as Twilight reentered the room. She rolled her eyes and sat next to me, with Ditzy’s sister sitting beside her.

We sat there in awkward silence for a while, until Twilight yawned. I smiled and bumped her with my elbow. “Go to bed, sleepy.” Twilight tried to stick her tongue out, but interrupted herself with another yawn.

“Fine,” she said, standing up and stretching her arms out in front of her. “You have a bed in there as well, if you want to sleep out of the main room.” She looked at the other two ladies in the room. “Or in case you want your sister in there instead. Goodnight.”

She left us blushing, everyone red at her implications except for Ditzy’s sister who didn’t seem to understand. Ditzy turned to her sister.

“Actually, that sounds pretty good to me. Why don’t you join Twilight, Dinky?” Dinky nodded and yawned, like a delayed aftereffect of Twilight’s own yawning. She kissed Ditzy goodnight, then shyly kissed my cheek before she followed Twilight up the stairs. Ditzy grinned as I rubbed my face.

“She must like you,” Ditzy said, laying her head on my chest. I sighed happily as I held her closer with my arm already around her. “She doesn’t even look at strangers most of the time. Getting a kiss is something special.”

“Hmm. I think I may prefer your kisses,” I said, grinning as I leaned down and pressed my lips against her temple. She giggled and turned her head, laying on the couch fully and placing her head in my lap.

She looked so beautiful, her golden hair fanning around her shoulders as she smiled up at me, eyes once again cooperating and staring up into my face. I had to lean down and kiss her, a little more passionately than before. She blushed when I pulled away, as I’m sure I did. “I’ve never kissed anyone else before, Spike,” she confesses. I smile and told her the truth; that I hadn’t either.

We lay together and spent a while together, enjoying each-other’s lips. Eventually she had to break of in the middle of our session to yawn, and I smile at her flushed face. “You’re exhausted.” I pulled her in closer, pulling the blanket over us both. I realized that I’m naked, but it’s too late to cover myself. She runs her hands over my chest and nods.

“Yes, I suppose I’m pretty tired.” She smiles and starts pulling off her shirt. Seeing my eyes widen she giggles and kisses me again. “I usually sleep in the nude.” She removes her shirt and pants, leaving on her underwear. “You may get lucky enough one night, but I think it’s a little early now. Plus, I’m pretty tired.”

I nodded and made sure to look in her eyes the entire time. She kisses me again, and turns, pressing her entire back against my chest and stomach. She starts to wiggle against me, getting more comfortable. She stops suddenly and gives me a look over her shoulder, both of us blushing furiously.

“Later,” she says firmly, and I nodded quickly. I can see her ears flushing as she rolls back over, and I feel her press against my lightly, once more. “Later…” I hear her murmur to herself, and I kiss her shoulder. She fell asleep quickly, and I decide to meditate until she wakes up.


The next few days were spent almost entirely in the library, with two trips outside. The first was to shop for food, and Twilight quickly regretted her decision to come along. She was mobbed by reporters, people looking for the story behind the savior of Celestia and Equestria. They only really left us alone after I used fire to burn one of their notebooks. Although it wasn’t actually burnt, just sent back to his house.

We’d stocked up as well as I could carry, with the three girls helping me with some of the smaller stuff.

The second excursion was just me and Ditzy. We went to her house and grabbed some clothes and hygiene stuff for her and her sister, along with some stuff Dinky needed for school. We’d finally got her speaking around me, though she was still a little shy and quiet with Twilight.

Once she’d decided she liked me enough to speak, we’d talked about all sorts of things, mostly her classes with Cherrilee. She loved the teacher almost as much as she loved her sister, although she admitted I was pulling ahead. While a little bit of a tom-boy clothes-wise, she was definitely a little girl in all the rest of her tastes, enjoying a doll set she played with quite regularly and a decidedly pink room.

We’d spent a few days together when we found Twilight sitting in the middle of a half-packed room, crying.

I sat on the bed nest to her and held her as she cried, knowing that I wouldn’t be able to speak with her until she was done. I asked Ditzy to make Twilight a pot of tea with plenty of honey, Twilight’s go-to thing when she needed a pick-me-up. Strangely, this seemed to make her cry harder.

When she’s calmed down a bit I handed her a wet cloth and she swabbed her face. When she’d cleaned herself she had a sip of tea and cleared her throat. “I don’t know what to do, Spike,” she told me. “I have a place back in Canterlot, a library twice the size and suite in the castle to which nothing in Ponyville can.”

I shook my head. “I’m not understanding the problem here, Sparkle.”

She sighed and looked straight into my eyes. “You’re staying here Spike. We both know you are. Plus I have five new friends… six even, with Ditzy. And this library is pretty expansive, as small as it is. And having a small library means I’ll be able to expand it with whatever I wish. And the bed’s pretty comfy,” she finished, almost pouting now.

“So… why don’t you stay? Take the library off the Mayor’s hands, and move here.”

“Oh Spike… what about Celestia? We both know how lonely she is…”

“Was,” I interrupted. “Luna’s back now Twi. Celestia doesn’t need us like she used to. I know she wouldn’t mind. Yeah, she’ll miss us, but it’ll be easy for her to travel here, and nothing’s stopping us from traveling back to Canterlot.” I gestured out the window, towards the train station. “It’s only a few hours away. That’s not even far enough to feel homesick.”

Twilight looked at me, falteringly. “You’re sure… she won’t mind?”

I made a frustrated face at her and pulled a mirror out of my pocket. I tapped the surface three times, turning it a milky white. The white fell away and Celestia’s face appeared in the mirror, looking flushed and happy.

“Oh, hi Spike. I was just catching up with Luna. She had a game she played up on the moon, to pass the time. You have to…”

I held up a hand and stopped her, grinning. I’m glad you’re having fun princess, but I have an important question.”
Her face drew in and she asked, “One or both of you?”

“Uhm, both of us,” I said, hoping I knew what she was talking about.

Celestia cursed quietly as a triumphant shout sounded from outside the mirror. Luna’s face poked in beside Celestia’s. “I told her you would both move out. You with your girlfriend and Twi with her… girlfriends.”

“And books,” chimed Celestia.

“Anyway, we understand and support both of you, but we have a game of moon-ball to finish up. We’ll have Twilight’s clothes and personal things sent to the library. We’ll send your stuff along with hers. Bye!”

The mirror was covered again by the milky-white, then returned to its original state. I looked at Twilight and lifted my eyebrow. She was looking a little surprised, then she chuckled and wiped at her eyes again. “It’s like she’s young again. I’m glad she’s not alone anymore.”

I smiled and hugged her again. “Neither are you, dear Twilight, and don’t forget it.”

She smiled and hugged me back then pushed me out of the room, telling me to make something for us to eat while she unpacked.

Author's Note:

Hehehehahaha.... And now it continues.