• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 527 Views, 20 Comments

Ponies All Day-Writing Challenge - ThunderTempest



The end result of a writing challenge, in which I wrote 48 TMP prompts in a single 24 hour period.

  • ...
4
 20
 527

PreviousChapters Next
18:00-18:30 "The Inception"

Trixie Lulamoon stared at the cape and hat hanging from the pony’s forelegs.

“You want me to wear that. To perform at a foal’s birthday party. You are insane, Quick.”

“C’mon Trixie. It’s all part of the act. I promised her a magician’s act. You know some sleight of hoof, right?”

“Some,” replied Trixie, shifting her weight from side to side, and avoiding looking at anything in particular. ‘Some’ was an understatement. Trixie had been taught the fine art of sleight of hoof by her grandfather, and given half the chance, could con you out of your last two bits. She could also stack a deck of cards like nopony’s buisness, all without resorting to her magic, which wasn’t too shabby either.

“Look, Trixie, if you do this, I swear to Luna I will pay your train ticket to Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns.”

Trixie glanced at her friend’s pleading face, and sighed.

“Fine. I’ll wear the cape and the hat.”

“Great. Put them on, and remember, you aren’t Trixie, you’re the Great and Powerful Trixie! Act appropriately.”

Trixie fastened the cape around her neck, making sure it flowed nicely.

“So what is it you want me to do, exactly? A few card tricks, pull a bit from her ear?”

“Yeah. Just, you know, make it look like magic.”

“Great,” moaned Trixie, putting the hat on, “I can’t believe I’m doing this. I’ve been reduced to tricks for foals.”

***

“The Great and Powerful Trixie is here, little one!” crowed Trixie, as she faded into reality via an illusion spell. “She has come all the way from the mythical realms above the very Canterhorn to demonstrate true magic to you!”

***

“Seriously, Trixie, I could barely tell that was you out there. When did you learn to have a stage presence like that?”

“About five minutes before you told your foal I was here,” said Trixie, pulling off the hat, her other hoof working the clasp of the cape, hoofing both back to her friend.

“Well, you’re a serious natural. Consider showbiz while you’re off deciphering the deep secrets of magic. You know, I might almost miss you. You owe me a hug.”

“Fine, just one.” The two mares embraced briefly.

Trixie turned to leave.

“Hey, aren’t you forgetting something?” Trixie turned back to find her friend holding her bit pouch.

“I don’t know, are you?” shot back Trixie, pulling out a much heavier purse, a hoof ring and a small diamond.

“I hate you so much, Trixie. Good luck.”

“You too, Quick.”

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #103: “Nothing Suits Them Like a Suit”
Suit up.

Hey look, Trixie Backstory!

PreviousChapters Next