• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 527 Views, 20 Comments

Ponies All Day-Writing Challenge - ThunderTempest



The end result of a writing challenge, in which I wrote 48 TMP prompts in a single 24 hour period.

  • ...
4
 20
 527

PreviousChapters Next
08:30-09:00 "To The Mods"

Dear TMP Mods,

You guys probably aren’t going to read this. But hey, I figured I’d write this anyway. You know me as ThunderTempest, a recent and semi-regular submitter. In the few weeks I’ve been writing your prompts, the practice had been invaluable to me, as has all your feedback, positive or otherwise. I strive for excellence in my writing ability, even if it is just a hobby to me, and prompt by prompt, you guys are helping me get there.

You also may be interested to know that I wrote this as part of a self-imposed challenge. A challenge to write 48 of the TMP prompts in a single 24 hour span, in my ongoing quest to both improve my writing ability, and to write a story for every single prompt, and prove that there is someone out there who has done it.

I may not always agree with your collective tendencies to try and get me to ship ponies in my stories, and so I continue to look for ways to creatively subvert whatever you post. (Take it as a compliment. You’re making me work my brain-muscles.) I was going to do something meta here, like have Pinkie Pie pop up and complain about you shipping her with practically everypony, but then I decided that I should attempt to write something serious.

So here’s to you, TMP mods, wherever in the world you are. You dastardly, brilliant writers. Thank you for making me think. Thank you for making me get creative, and for posting my meagre submissions to your tumblr, no matter how bad they are. Thank you for the feedback, positive and negative. Thank you.

Looking foward to the next year of prompts, and trying to make you read one of my stories and utter a single, flat “what” in response. Or at the very least, collapse laughing.

Regards, ThunderTempest.

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #192: “Letter to the Editor” (Pony Pen Pals Theme Week, Day Six)
Dear TMP Mod(s) …

PreviousChapters Next