• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 526 Views, 20 Comments

Ponies All Day-Writing Challenge - ThunderTempest



The end result of a writing challenge, in which I wrote 48 TMP prompts in a single 24 hour period.

  • ...
4
 20
 526

PreviousChapters Next
07:00-07:30 "Dream Psychiatry"

As Guardian of the Night, Princess of the Moon, Guider of Selene and about a dozen other titles, Princess Luna was blessed with the power to visit ponies dreams. Though ‘blessed’ may not have been the word she would have used at that exact moment.

“Augh! My eyes! Why is it that we cannot bring physical objects with us, because we would dearly like to remove that image from our minds forever.” Luna glanced around as she floated in the space between dreams, trying desperately to forget what she had seen.

“Perhaps another’s dream will prove a welcome distraction from that which I wish to forget.” Luna dived through the ether, her wings pushing her along, faster than the speed of thought. She passed several dream bubbles, each of which looked entirely unsuited for her next visit.

“Ah. Perhaps this one,” said the Princess, singling out a dream bubble, and diving hornfirst into it.

As the usual temporary disorientation set in whenever Luna entered a new dream, she took stock of the dream’s environment. She was in an apartment, perhaps in Canterlot’s middle districts. Yes, definitely Canterlot, as a look out the window confirmed. As Luna’s hearing came in, she could hear...arguing? Moving closer to the two ponies in question, the Princess had to wonder which one was the dreamer. One was a white-coated unicorn, with a two-tone blue mane, and the other was a grey earth pony that Luna briefly remembered seeing around the upper districts a few times. Luna watched as the unicorn left the apartment, slamming the door behind her, leaving the earth pony to trot over to the couch, and collapse onto it. Just as the mare looked like she was about to burst into tears, Luna made her presence known.
“Who-who’s there?” called the mare, her voice sounding like it was about to crack already

“Fear not, my little pony. ‘Tis only me.”

“Princess Luna! But how?”

“Among my many duties, my little pony, is checking up on our subjects to make sure they are mentally well. Our Sister handles the physically well. Now, What is your name, and how may I help?”

“I am Octavia, your majesty, and well, here’s the situation in a nutshell...”

****

Luna and Octavia sat together on the couch.

“I understand, Octavia. You and this Vinyl Scratch are two very different personalities. When two ponies such as this are kept in close proximity to one another, it is only natural that arguments will rise, and tempers flare. From what you have described, you two also know each other’s emotional weak points. This presents a rather tempting way to end arguments, would you not agree?”

“Yes, your majesty. I have been...tempted to use some of Vinyl’s, but have so far refrained from it, and I know she hasn’t used any of mine. But it’s a safe bet that she has been similarly attracted.”

“Perhaps, what you two need is a few days apart. No talking to each other, do not even see one another. Let your tempers cool, and you can discuss the issues rationally” [TIME]

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #196: “Perchance to Dream”
Luna visits a dream.

PreviousChapters Next