• Published 4th Jul 2013
  • 2,847 Views, 129 Comments

Ponyframe - SolidFerret

  • ...
25
 129
 2,847

Where did they go so wrong...

Princess Celestia could feel the fingers wrap around her hoof. It felt strange to have something that wasn't a hoof shake with hers.

"So what are you exactly Lotus?" Luna asked from behind them.

"Luna!" Celestia scolded.

"No no, It's alright. However, the answer is not important. What is, is that we give them their answers."

"Okay, first off. since we got out who you are Lotus, who are your friends?" Celestia asked, eyeing the faceless creature staring at her.

"Oh, of course. Where are my manners." Lotus stepped back to present Excalibur, "They are part of a race known as the Tenno. Ancient alien warriors and master of the Warframes."

"What are Warframes?" Luna asked.

"An exo-skeleton that grants them powerful abilities." Celestia winced slightly. She heard stories about the process of exo-skeletons and several mad scientists failed experiments.

"Can we see?" A guard asked.

"Not now, I'd rather much we demonstrate them in combat. Hopefully though, that will never come to be."

What amazed all of the ponies in the room was how quiet and still the Warframes were.

"Can they talk?" Lotus chuckled at that one.

"Yes. But their focus is else where."

The discussion was very brief. The excitement of these visitors was a lot to take in for some of the ponies.

"Wait! I just realized, I need to tell my student about you." Celestia pulled out a scroll and began writing a letter.

As she wrote, Luna explained about how Twilight Sparkle had been taken in by Celestia to be her personal student. She finished with how she recently earned her title of princess and became and alicorn.

"Quite the story. Where is she?" Lotus asked.

"In Ponyville. She wanted to stay with her friends." Celestia said as she walked over and using her magic,

A green flame appeared as a scroll materialized in front of Celestia. She opened the scroll just enough to read the beginning.

"Dear Princess Celestia, it's so strange that you mention an alien species. It appears another arrived in Ponyville an hour ago. Perhaps the two can meet. They call themselves the Grineer and-"

Instantly, all weapons from the Warframes were drawn. Swords were drawn and rifles were trained on all of the ponies.

"Explain. Why are the Grineer here?" Lotus said firmly.

"Wha?" Luna said. Dazed and confused by the sudden actions.

"It is a simple question. Why are the Grineer here?" Lotus said strictly.

"This is news to us as well." Celestia said. she hadn't been informed of a "Grineer" arriving.

Lotus stared at her for a while. She could tell that she was telling the truth. "Continue reading."

Celestia cleared her throat and continued. "and that they would like to meet in"

Celestia and unrolled the scroll all of the way to continue reading, only to see that a corner at the bottom had been ripped.

Excalibur walked up and grabbed the scroll and looked. That rip couldn't have been done with hooves. So he reached for the bottom corner that wasn't ripped and grabbed it and ripped it off in a very violent way.

He looked to see that two were almost identical. That gave him his answer.

"They're here." He said as he looked up.


"We're sorry for quiet the scare. I guess you all haven't heard of our race and our struggle?" The team leader said. He and Twilight sat around the library while the rest of the team was around the town.

"Struggle? No, what is it?"

"We are at war. A murderous race is in our way of our campaign to bring peace to our galaxy." He declared passionately.

If Twilight had known the history of the Grineer, she would have known that he was lying through his teeth. They were not in order of peace, they were in order of dominance.

"But I hope the murderers never reach this world, cause we need you help."

"How so?"

"We are looking for people to join our army so we-"

Twilight stopped him, "It's not in my power to do so, but I can send a letter to Princess Celestia as she does have an army of royal guards."

"Understood." The leader said with a nod. 'Damnit!, I need high trained killers, not guards of a stupid horse."

"Spike." Twilight called. Spike came out of his room nervously. He hoped the big, mean monster didn't hurt anypony yet.

"Take a-"

Spike belched and out come a note.

"note." Twilight finished her sentence.

"Dear Twilight Sparkle, a new friend has come from the world beyond ours. A women by the name of Lotus has arrived with a race of people she calls the Tenno. I would like for them to come to Ponyville as soon as they can."

"Wait, did she say "Tenno"?"

Twilight stopped reading and looked back at the word. "I believe so." and continued.

While she was focused, the team leader stepped away and got on the intercom.

"Tenno are present. Lock this town down and hold every civilian at the..."

"Excuse me ma'am, is there a place where we could hold a uh... meeting?"

"Town square I believe."

"Where is it?"

"Center of town. I'm writing to Celestia so she can meet us there." Twilight said as she continued with her note.

"Center of town." he said quietly. "All of them alive."

He only hoped that there wouldn't be loud enough gunfire.

"Spike sen-"

The Grineer ran and grabbed the note out of the little dragons hands.

"HEY!" Spike yelled as he grabbed the note and pulled on it, ripping a corner out along with a few words.

"No!" The Grineer yelled as he fired a bullet from his GRAKATA. the round startled Spike to which he breathed fire. The note was consumed in the green flames and burned up instantly.

"Ha! Good luck sending it to your Princess now!" He yelled.


"Come on Rumble, you can do it!" Flitter cheered as Rumble tried to successfully fly over the pond without falling in.

He breathed heavily and almost made it until he heard something loud came from Ponyville, causing him to lose his focus and fall in. He thrashed around until he was pulled out and into Flitters hold.

"I got you buddy." She said as he shivered. she held him with her wing.

"What was that?" Thunderlane wondered out loud.

"Lets check it out." Cloud Chaser said.

They all ran to Ponyyville. When they got there, they were greeted by a big monster in bulky armor that pointed a weapon of sorts at them.

"On the ground!" He roared.


Rarity finished the last stitch on her dress when she heard a lot of commotion outside.

"Now what is-"

The door was broken in as the Grineer burst in and grabbed Rarity and took out of her home.


Appleack ran in tears. They got Applebloom and Big Mac. She last saw Granny Smith have a weapon pointed at her head before she ran. Wionna ran away from the barn at a moments notice.

She ran to town to hopefully warn the rest. But a rope latched to her hind hoof and pulled her back. A machete wielding freak tied her down and dragged her to Town square.


All of Ponyville had been gathered in Town Square. Mayor Mare looked in horror at her town that had been in shambles before her eyes.

The leader of the team came out. Everyone kept quiet.

"I KNOW OF THE ALLY YOU HIDE FROM US!" He yelled loud enough for everypony to hear. though, they knew nothing of his words.

"You all are weak. Pathetic. We came here hoping for fighters, and team of twenty takes the whole town into lockdown." He taunted to the ponies.

"But we're getting what we want. More fighters in our war for galaxy domination." He saw fear in Twilights eyes and laughed.

"So all of you are going to be trained, to become the highest killers in the galaxy." He yelled.

Rumble look in horror. He had always wanted to be big and strong. But to force ponies to become what they didn't want, he would never do that.

"First lesson!" The Grineer reached down and plucked Rumble away from Flitter. The struggle was brief as Rumble was held to the audience as a cleaver was held out towards him.

"NO! LET HIM GO!" Flitter sobbed hysterically. Thunderlane lost for words and Cloud Chaser doing her best to hold her sister back.

"See this little pony?! He's small, weak. He'd never last a day in training. To him, he's nothing more than dead weight to the Grineer."

Rumble began to cry in fear and from the words that he called him.

"So I'll do the honors of taking care of dead weight." He said as he raised the cleaver.

The sound of flesh being sliced ripped through the air. Rumble fell to the ground.

He opened his eyes He felt pain, but it was from when he got pulled on the by the neck. Other than that, he was fine. He scurried back to Flitter, who held him and peppered his face with kisses.

So what was that slicing noise?

The Grineer stood there, his arms in the same position. But he was quietly grunting in severe pain.

"Sir," one marine called out, "are you okay?"

He only had one word to say.

"No."

His arm went flying off as he held the wound before a blade pierced his back and went through him. It slashed upwards to show a faceless figure had been behind him.

"TENNO!" The marines called before he was shot in the head.

In dropped Frost, who used his freeze abilities to halt a small group of Grineer. Using his sword, he sliced them in two as Nyx jumped over him and right next to a Grineer as the two fired at a marine together. He came back to his sense to realized he was controlled. He was stabbed the moment he made eye contact with her.

Mag came into the group to bring them together and crush them into dust. During which, one shot of a bullet that hit a pony in the hoof. Trinity stepped in and healed the wound with no trouble.

A Grineer Scorpion ran at the hostages before being stopped by an Telsa grenade from Vauban.

Sayrn leaped towards a Grineer in a very graceful fashion, she danced around her target and even brushed her fingers under his chin before jumping away. The Grineer clutched his throat in pain as he tried to spit at large amounts of venom. He wasn't successful.

Banshee put herself in front of the ponies and let out Sonic Boom. Knocking back five and killing a sixth just as he set off a smoke grenade.

"Hold fire." she said.

Volt, Loki, Ember and Excalibur had worked on freeing the hostages. But when the smoke cleared, the remaining five marines had grabbed a pony and held a gun or cleaver to their necks.

"We'll kill them!" He declared angrily while pressing the cleaver on Twilights neck, who had a look of pain and fear.

"Call front." Excalibur said quietly. Frost claimed the one who held Applejack. Ember would kill the one who held Cloud Chaser.

"GIVE UP NOW OR THEY DIE!" He yelled.

Ash had his sights on the one with Cherilee. Vauban had the last one who had Rainbow Dash.

"Shouldn't we have our guns out?" He asked.

They were all empty handed.

"SCREW IT!" The grineer yelled madly as he swung the cleaver.

In a split second, all sidearms were raised and rounds were fired at lightning fast speed at every Grineer. They all fell dead after being filled with bullets, leaving the ponies unharmed. They insantly hurried over to their friends, all in tears at the events.

"Nice work Tenno." Lotus said as they all looked over the dead Grineer. the blood, the parts. The ponies that hugged their loved ones in tears.

This was only the beginning.