• Published 4th Jul 2013
  • 2,849 Views, 129 Comments

Ponyframe - SolidFerret

  • ...
25
 129
 2,849

It gets worse before it gets better

"Tenno, I regret to inform you this. Vauban has sacrificed himself for the hostage." Lotus said with sympathy.

"Lotus, are you sure?" Excalibur asked.

"I am. I can no longer see any sings of life from his readings." She said sadly.

Excalibur only lowered his head. He could feel the pain of losing a brother.

"The mission will not be thwarted." Excalibur stated. "Vauban would have wanted the mission to carry on." He said as he continued running.

He quickly ran into a room and fired an arrow at the first Grineer he saw and slid to slash the next one. The alarm sounded the gave away his presence. A squad rushed in and were taken out by a slash dash as Excalibur went right through them and kept running.


Sharp Edge dropped down and snuck up behind a Grineer lance and silenced him. He moved and stopped when a lone trooper saw him.

"Hahahahahaha! A little pony was sent to rescue the prisoner. I almost fear for this planet" He taunted.

Edge simply smirked as he readied his blade and jumped at the Grineer.

"Yeah, i'm such a little pony who could do no harm." He growled as his red eyes looked down on the massacred body.

Edge clutched his head in pain and tried to block out the pain inside him. He opened his eyes to reveal them fading back to blue.

"Damnit." He said as he ran on.

He ran in the next room to see a wave of Grineer on the floor below him running into a room.

"That must be where Excalibur is." Edge commented. He looked over to see an elevator.

"Bingo." He said as he saw the waypoint leading there. Excalibur ran in and quickly hit the button.

"See you when you get back. I'll take care of them while you're gone." the unicorn said as he quickly ran down the stairs and attacked the marines.

"Kill the pony!" One ordered before Edge sliced through him.

"Yeah, kill me." He said as he ripped through another. Edges eyes flashed red as he gave a sinister laugh. A saw man swung but the attack was blocked without the pony even flinching.

"I think it's time to show you what a pony can really do." He growled as he magically grabbed the saw blade and jammed it in the Grineers face.

A swarm of bullets fired at Edge, none hit him as he threw his blade through a Grineer and jumped to pull it out with his hoof to slash the head off of the marine next to him. He noticed a few marines get frightened by his acts. That only caused him to evilly chuckle.

"What's wrong?" He said, his voice in a heavy rasp. "Never seen a pony fight before?" He said as he charged at the remaining.


Excalibur reached the bottom and shot two guards with his pistols.

"Huh, who's there?" A muffled voice came from a holding cell.

Excalibur said nothing and went over and unlocked it. Twilight looked and said, "Oh Excalibur, am I glad it's you." she said as she ran out.

"We need to get going." He said as he lead her to the elevator.

"Where are the others?" Twilight asked, concerned.

"Twilight, I promise my entire team in on this elevator." Excalibur told her. she looked around before realizing he was on his own.

The doors opened to show a panting Sharp Edge.

"Edge?" Twilight asked. "What are you... was Fluttershy taken too?" she asked.

"No, Princess refused to let Excalibur go it alone. She sent me for some reason." Several Grineer bodies laid around.

"We should move." Excalibur said. The light flickered as the wall near them exploded.

"The ship is under fire! You need to move quickly." Lotus told them.

"I know a shortcut to evac." Excalibur told them.

"Lead the way." Edge said.

The three ran down a hallway. Twilight grimaced at the sight of Grineer pinned to the wall with arrows or being sliced in half.

Excalibur noted an area by the stairwell that had the wall removed.

"It leads into a storage closet." He said the the two went through.

"There they are!" A marine called from above them. He lead a rather large amount.

"You two keep moving. I'll hold them here." Excalibur said. Edge nodded and lead Twilight through the next room.

Excalibur stood, waiting for the incoming squad. The came through and were greeted with radial javelins that pinned some to the wall or just went right through them.

"Bastard." One commented as he was shot by Excalibur.

"Far to easy for such a high trained army." Excalibur commented as he ran into the next room.

The light were flickering on and off. Twilight and Sharp Edge were no where to be found. the wires in a wall burst, creating a small fire.

"Twilight, Sharp Edge, are you here?" He asked.

Just as he turned, a metal blade pointing right at him lunged from the darkness. Excalibur blocked with his sword and tried to use his dagger to defeat the attacker. The blade moved quickly to block the dagger while it seemed a hand blocked the sword. Excalibur tried to strike the hand but was blocked with the blade again.


The two ponies ran quickly. They were both tired and panting as they rounded a corner to see a rather strange sight.

"Is that Captain Everest?" Lotus asked.

The Captain the ponies once knew was glowing a bright radiant aura. He turned and saw the two.

"Going somewhere." His voice sounded nothing more of sorrow.

"What happened to you?" Edge asked.

"I have power. General Sargus Ruk has arrived. Now, I feel more stronger then ever. As if I am a god itself." He declared as he showed his face. His eyes and mouth all glowed.

Excalibur ran up and saw.

"Lotus, Captain Everest appears to be nearly corrupted by Orikin technology."

"Ruk appeared to have simply gave it to him to stop you two without a concern about Everest's' own life." Lotus stated.

"You're not going anywhere." His voice echoed.

Excalibur drew his blades and charged at him, attacking him.

Edge watched him fight, almost so interested that he forgot about the voice whispering in the back of his head.

He groaned in pain loudly as he clutched his head, nearly smashing it into the floor.

"Damn it!" He yelled. Twilight saw the signs.

"Edge, no! Fight it!" She tried to encourage.

"I... can't." He yelled as a large wave of Grineer appeared.

Edge had all four hooves planted into the ground. His body lad low as he struggled to not give in.

His head snapped up to reveal his blood red eyes that glowed as he laughed evilly. He shook his head and looked at Twilight.

"Twilight, get Excalibur and go." He said.

"No, I can't leave you. what about Fluttershy?"

His blue eyes reverted back to glowing blood red. "That's why I want to stay." He said with sorrow. "So she'll never see me like this again." A tear fell from his left eye.

"No, you have to fight it." Twilight pleaded.

"It's to late. It's like I want to." He said, a small rasp in his voice.

"Go." He told her.

Twilight gave him a quick but big hug and ran towards Excalibur, who tried to get his strength to continue fighting.

"We have to go." Twilight tried to pull his hand.

"No, we have to help Sharp Edge."

"No, we have to."

"GO!" Edge said as his voice got it's full rasp. His sinister laugh echoed as he began to murder the Grineer units around him. Excalibur saw and realized that his friend was right to have them leave without him.

"Lets go." Excalibur said. Twilight almost thought she heard sorrow in his voice. But there was no emotion in his or any other Tennos voice.

The two made it to evac. Excalibur had a hard time convincing himself to leave. But nonetheless, he entered the pod and left the ship.


Edge slumped against the wall. It had been an hour since he last saw the two. He knew they had made it, evac was just around the corner for those two.

All he could do was wait until the squad found and killed him. Bits of the armor were missing. he had scratches on his face and his magic was running low.

The doors opened and in came the squad. they saw him and charged at him. One took his gun and smacked it across Edges's face, making him drop something.

The units began to claw at him, trying to grab him. Edge struggled for the picture but lost his grip.

Gun sounded, making the marines stop. General Sargus Ruk stood behind the troops.

"I, General Sargus Ruk, declare this pony, alive!" He said in native Grineer tongue.

Edge was grabbed by two marines and dragged away, leaving a picture of him and Fluttershy on the ground.