• Published 18th Feb 2012
  • 24,095 Views, 1,895 Comments

My Little Naruto: Friendship is--WHERE AM I!? - DragonLS



Naruto's life is given a second chance in the world of ponies... beyond his will.

  • ...
85
 1,895
 24,095

CH13: Stubborn (Revised)

*****

Being Stubborn is Very Rude

But The Reason is Rather Crude

It’s Really Quite the Hassle

But this Princess Isn’t in Another Castle

…Unfortunately

*****

Chapter 13: Stubborn

Naruto repeatedly banged his head against the wall. He lost count somewhere around the thirty mark. He continued on, hoping that he could somehow force himself to accept the knowledge that the Kyuubi had a daughter inside the seal. He started talking to himself, oblivious to his surroundings.

“Dammit all. Why is everything so messed up,” He banged his head once more. “First it’s dying, then Equestria, then ponies, then trying to live here…” The dull throb of pain in his head grew with each subsequent blow. “Then fighting a manticore. Now I wake up in this hellhole… and now…” He stops mid-motion, looking up at the dark abysmal ceiling momentarily, before banging his head into the wall once more for good measure. “The Kyuubi is not only gone… BUT HE HAS A DAUGHTER!”

The fox found it amusing to watch Naruto bang his head repeatedly against the wall, eliciting a small chuckle after a rather vicious one. Even though this was rather entertaining, she found herself confused listening to Naruto’s rant.

“How. The. HELL. Does. That. Even. WORK!?” Naruto ranted, each word punctuated with a solid thump.

I don’t really know myself…”, the fox said out loud. A wicked grin spread across her face as she looked at Naruto. “But maybe my daddy did something to you and you became my mommy?”

Naruto paused his rather pointless assault on the wall. A full body shudder ran through him. The implications of what she just said thoroughly disgusted him. The Kyuubi mating with... Naruto. Almost immediately, his brain decided to venture further on down that mental path, thinking of how it would actually work. However, Naruto, on the other hand, felt that that was a road meant to be left untraveled and reeled his brain back in.

“S-screw that! I’m a male and the Kyuubi is a male! T-That would NOT work!”, he said, rather flustered.

“Well in that case, I don’t know. But here I am, tails and all…” said the fox with a small grin, “...but doesn’t that make you happy, having a rather...’foxy daughter?”

“NO!”

The fox laughed once more as she picked on Naruto. Naruto could already see that this fox was indeed related to the Kyuubi, her personality a step down from the old monster. It even seemed to have gained a good sense of humor. Or is it dark humor, Naruto thought. Regardless, he grunted, eyeing the fox in front of him.

“Look… enough with the insults. If you really are that demonic fox’s daughter…” Naruto began, after taking a small, but deep breath, “How do you even exist? Unless he hid you from me from the start, which I highly doubt… The Kyuubi doesn’t even have a mate, unless… he’s able to re-produce by himself, which would be…”, Naruto said with a shudder, “rather disturbing.”

“Hah. I should agree with you just to see your pathetic expression…”

“Just tell me…”

“Why should I tell you?”

“Because you’re in my damn body, and I’ll kick you out if you don’t tell me.”

“Oh? I’m in your body? I guess you really are my mommy. It wouldn’t be nice to abort your daughter, now would it?” The fox had once again turned Naruto’s comment into a dirty, but rather disturbing, joke. Naruto scratched his head in frustration as his already small amount of patience was stretched out to the breaking point. Naruto stomped his hoof down in the cold water.

“Answer the damn question!”

“No.”

“Why?”

“I don’t feel like it.”

“Stop being such a brat.”

“Thank you.” The fox said with a smile, teasing Naruto even more. She muttered to herself, “You should be more appreciative. After all, I did just save your life."

Those mumblings were quiet enough that he could barely hear them. He only caught a few of the words, but he swore he heard her say what he thought she said. “Saved my life? What?” Naruto asked with a surprised look.

“Hmm? I didn’t say anything.”

“No, I heard what you said…” Naruto began, “You said you saved my life. How? Were you in this place when I was fighting or actually with me?”

“Hmm… Maybe, maybe not…” The fox once again dodged the question. Naruto decided to let it be for now. Apparently the fox wasn’t going to answer all of Naruto’s questions completely. In fact, she’s been acting like a stubborn brat since they started talking. He gritted his teeth, trying to keep himself from snapping the fox’s neck out of sheer frustration.

“You sure have a lot of questions, don’t you? Why do you want them answered so badly?”

“What the hell do you think!? You’re the daughter of the Kyuubi. There’s no end to them!”

“Really… And these questions are really that important to you?”

“Yes!”

The fox bit her bottom lip for a moment. Naruto tilts his head in a puzzling way, wondering what the fox was thinking about. The fox stared at Naruto with those demonic eyes of hers, and gave a smile.

Very well, I’ll humor you… If you can answer a question of mine, I’ll answer a question of yours. I believe you call this... An eye for an eye, I believe.”

Finally, Naruto was getting somewhere. If it was just a question exchanged for a question, then maybe he can finally figure out how she got here; Or better yet, how it even saved his life.

“Fine… ask your question fox, and I’ll answer it.”

Okay then… tell me, do you know where Daddy is right now?”

Naruto opened his mouth, the answer on the tip of his tongue, before he stopped midway. He was about to tell her, the daughter of the Nine-Tailed Fox, that her Daddy was dead. Almost immediately, different thoughts about what would happen formed in his head, each ending up with him being beaten to death. However, she had to know. Not to mention that this was his body to begin with. He brought up his courage and responded with two words.

“He’s dead.”

Naruto shut his eyes, bracing for the backlash. However, it never came. He opened one eye, and then the other. The fox sat there, eyes as wide as they could go and mouth hanging loosely from her head. She blinked a couple of times and, for the first time, Naruto heard her voice shudder with disappointment and sadness.

“He’s… dead? Daddy’s dead?”

“Yes…” Naruto looked up at the ceiling and then back at her. “He died when I died. Or, at least, I WAS dead until I was given a second chance. But I don’t know if your dad even had the same deal,” he said as he took another brief look around the room, “Because I haven’t seen him since.”

I see… Daddy’s… dead…” Her eyes closed, small, shining tears made their way down her face. Naruto didn’t want to tell her the truth, but she asked and had the right to know. Although, it was surprising that the fox would even show this kind of emotion for her dad, even in front of Naruto. She hung her head, trying to wipe away the tears with her paw, looking at the water. A sniffle escaped a couple times but they subsided as she cleaned herself up.

“So what he said… what he did… was just to protect me?” Naruto cocked a brow at the fox’s response. “He forced me into that red barrier… that red monstrosity... to protect me?”

Naruto didn’t know what she was talking about now. But he did have to know. “Your dad protected you?”

“That counts as your question, you know…” She said, forcing a grin. It did little to hide the fact that behind that mask, she was in tears.

“I answered yours now answer mine… Actually, let me re-phrase the question: If you really are the fox’s daughter, how did he protect you? He’s dead, so I don’t really see how.”

He put me in some kind of red circle dome thingy… I didn’t understand it myself, but he said it would protect me… He said his life was in danger and he couldn’t protect himself any longer. I don’t know what he meant… Everything after… is a blank spot in my memory. When I woke up in here, he wasn’t there anymore. Everything was empty… I was alone. I don’t even know how many days have passed since then, but… I’ve been here… all alone…”

From what Naruto heard, they both were dying when Naruto was about to kick the bucket. The Kyuubi had protected his own over anything else. In a way, it didn’t make sense. Since they were all about to die, shouldn’t he have saved Naruto from the poison? The Kyuubi could have saved all three of them. It didn’t make much sense. Unless… the fox was powerless to stop the poison.

As he got answers to his questions, more just seemed to pop up along the way. Naruto was even beginning to question his own assumptions of the Kyuubi. After all that they had been through, was there more to the Kyuubi than met the eye? Was he more than just a demonic entity hellbent on destroying everything around him?

“I’m still very confused, but...” Naruto walked up to the fox and placed a hoof on her shoulder reassuringly, her 9 tails flickering wildly. “You’re alive and that’s what matters. You could say that I knew the Kyuubi on a very personal level. The fact that he saved your life is something to think about. To be honest, I always thought he was a selfish prick and an asshole at best, but now... I don’t know.”

“Daddy’s always angry… but he’s always nice to me. Maybe he was just scared? Or maybe he was just constipated all the time?”, the fox said, trying to cheer herself up with her own joke. However, the tears rolling down her face carried her true feelings. Naruto merely sighed, shaking his head.

“I’m sorry. Maybe I shouldn’t have said anything…”

“No. Believe it or not, I’m grateful for what you’ve told me. I’ll… I’ll try to get over it. It’s just… a big shock, that’s all…”

“Right, I understand…”

They both stood there in silence for a moment, the slow drip-drop of the water the only thing breaking the oppressive silence. The fox looked back at Naruto, staring at him. She flicked her tails around in the air, thinking of what to say, but Naruto beat her to it.

“So... are you going to tell me how you saved my life?”

“No.

“Good god, you’re impossible…” Naruto said, trying to hold back a laugh. At least it looked like the fox that he knew was back. That had to be a good thing. Maybe... He could still ask her later. It’s not like she could go anywhere, right?

Naruto brought his hoof up to his forehead, trying to straighten out what had happened since the fight: He got knocked into the Kyuubi’s prison to find the Kyuubi gone with her daughter in his place. He was very much relieved to find that she had almost the same personality as her father. Yet she had gone out of her way, apparently, to save him. But that was just it: The Kyuubi was an asshole. He had no sympathy nor remorse. However, that didn’t mean that he felt the same way towards his daughter. It still made no sense. As Naruto thought these things out, he face-hooved. He didn’t even know her name. Maybe she doesn’t know his name either. Probably wouldn’t hurt to ask, he thought.

“I forgot to mention, I’m Naruto. What’s your name?”

“I don’t have one.”

Naruto blinked.

“Come again?”

“I don’t have one.”

“Why? Didn’t your Dad think to name you?”

“I don’t know.”

Once again, it seemed like she was toying with him with the short replies. But maybe she was telling the truth, Naruto thought. Maybe the Kyuubi never had the time to name his daughter? Yet another question to add to his list. He scratched his chin with his hoof.

“Well, how about I name you then?” Naruto asked. He figured that if this was the Kyuubi’s daughter, Naruto had to at least name her since the Kyuubi never had. The fox looked at Naruto, slightly taken aback.

“Why give me a name?”

“Well, if your daddy didn’t take the time to name you, then I guess it’s the responsibility of the mother to do it. Besides, it’s getting tiresome calling you a fox.” He said, pressing a hoof against his chest. He also took a jab at her earlier joke about being its mother, and decided to use it against her. The fox just rolled her eyes at Naruto’s antics.

Well then, what do you have in mind?”

“Hmmm… oh, how about Tiny?”

*****

Naruto opened his eyes. He found himself staring up at roof of the cage, the surrounding water drowning out any ambient noise. How did I get here?, he thought. His entire face felt numb. It all came back to him at once. He threw himself to his hooves to find the fox a few feet away staring at him angrily.

“Hmm, only 5 minutes. You seem to have a really hard head...” Naruto pointed an accusing hoof at her.

“Did you have to hit me THAT HARD!?”

“I said don’t call me anything that has to do with my size, did I not?”

“It had nothing to do with your size!”

“You said ‘tiny’. As in small, inferior, weak, kid, grunt, etc.. It can mean many things and they’re all weak.”

As much as he hated to admit, she did make it clear NOT to call her small. He drew in a breath before letting it go, his face now starting to feel the pain from the tail smack.

“Fine, how about… wait, better idea. What would YOU like to be called?”

“Me?”

“Yes.”

“I don’t really care.”

“You certainly cared about being called Tiny!”

“You knew better.”

“Wha-”

“C’mon, think of something else. Name me something that has power to it. Something that people can fear. Something they’ll remember!”, the fox said with an evil smile. It was getting very hard for Naruto to please this stupid fox. But he had to think of something... something that could reflect the ‘fox’.

“How about Brat?”

That earned him a front row ticket to experience drowning in under a foot of water. The fox used a single tail to shove Naruto under the murky water and keep him there. He struggled to hold his breath, water starting to find its way into his lungs. Feeling satisfied with his suffering, the fox let go of Naruto’s head, who immediately resurfaced gasping for air. After taking a few moments to recover, he stood back up on his hooves unsteadily before glaring at the fox.

“WOULD YOU STOP TRYING TO KILL ME!”

“Why? You keep coming up with those ridiculous names. It’s like you enjoy the pain. Are you a mas-?

“That’s not the damn point! I’m trying here, alright? You’re acting like a damn princess since you can’t make up your own mind to begin with!”

“Princess… I’m acting like a princess?”

“Yes, you are. A spoiled one at that!”

Naruto found himself flying sideways into the wall, impacting it with a solid thump and the sound of cracking stone. He slowly slid down the wall and he fell into the murky water. He managed to catch himself on his hooves, trying to recover from his quick flight. The fox walked up to him and smiled.

“Princess… call me that. I like that name.” Naruto looked dumbfounded at her response. He gritted his teeth as he shoved his forehead onto the fox’s, staring straight into her eyes.

“WHY DID YOU HIT ME THEN!?”

“You already got hit twice. Might as well make it three. It’s a nice odd number.”

“GAH! Fine! Whatever… Just don’t hit me again. You’re pissing me off enough as it is.”

“I’m glad I am.” Princess said with a smile.

“Urgh…” He walked a around the immediate area, trying to catch his bearings. Now everything was starting to hurt. “Can’t I just get out of here and go home already? I’ve had enough of this stupid place and your games…”

“Sure.”

Naruto blinked a couple of times. That response surprised him and he hadn’t even resorted to banging his head against the wall yet. He turned to face the fox. “What do you mean ‘sure’? You can get me out of here?”

“Well, of course. Just slam your head repeatedly against the wall and you can just, you know, wake up.”, Princess said with a sadistic grin. Naruto only frowned at her advice.

“Yeah, right, like I’m falling for that.”

“Aww, but I wanted to see you suffer morreeeee…” She pouted. Naruto merely shook his head.

“No, I’m done with being hit and abused like this. Isn’t there a simpler way of getting back to reality?” Princess merely sighed at Naruto’s question. She walked up to him and stared into his eyes. He then realized that even though she was smaller than he was, why was she on eye-level with him? A quick glance down revealed that she was walking on the water itself. He looked back up into her eyes, another question on the tip of his tongue. The fox only grinned as she wrapped her tails around Naruto’s head.

Naruto could only yelp as his vision was assaulted with fur and tails. He took a small whiff of her tails and couldn’t help but think that they smelled really nice. He detected a hint of strawberries and lemons, believe it or not, but that was the last of his problems. He could feel his eyelids starting to droop. With each breath, he felt his eyelids grow heavier and heavier. Eventually, his eyelids completely dropped, sending him falling into a never-ending abyss.

*****

AN: I swear to god, it felt difficult getting this chapter typed up, mainly due to writers block. But there should be an improvement in the next chapter, so I apologize if the chapter looks a bit rushed.

EN: We have a name! (insert Fluttershy *woohoo*) I still prefer Tiny... But this is just as good.