• Published 23rd Jul 2013
  • 3,377 Views, 86 Comments

Hitting The Books - CrypticMetaphor



When a writer from Earth ends up in Canterlot High will he survive the horrors he has endured once before?

  • ...
25
 86
 3,377

Chapter 14- Hindsight

Darkness was all I felt, well that and the excruciating pain. Damn, note to self, never tackle griffon hybrid unless you know you’re going to win. Or at least if you know that you have the situation under control. I felt nothing but pain in my stomach and I refused to move in the slightest, I mean I've been injured before but this was all new to me. God they made it look so easy in anime.

*

Twilight gazed down with a hurt expression on her face as Scribe refused to move, “This is going to be risky. I’m not exactly sure what will happen so make sure we have a plan b.”

Rainbow nodded as she hovered, “I got the hospital on speed dial.”

Twilight shut her eyes and focused as the familiar presence of magic coursed through her. The horn lit up brightly as she placed her hands upon Scribe’s torso. She felt nothing and tried to push herself. Soon she felt the hands of her friends upon her as they all smiled, the aura of the elements of harmony engulfed them and Scribe. Sunset stepped forward and gave them her hand as well.

*

My entire body was jolted by a sudden surge and my eyes snapped open like the shutters of a camera. I opened my mouth to voice my discomfort but nothing came out. I then found my breath and stood up sharply and began to become light headed.

Twilight was visibly raising her hands, “Scribe can you hear me? Breathe!”

I tried to but all I did was inhale and barely exhaled, “AH!”

I however took notice that they all looked WAY different than before. Upon noticing this, my breath failed me and I collapsed into darkness.

*

Applejack was already over to the fallen Scribe and placed her ear to his chest. Her panicked expression eased ever so slightly.

She smiled, “It’s alright, I think he just had a panic attack.”

Fluttershy checked his breathing, “Yep, he’s breathing evenly.”

Rarity lifted his shirt and blinked in surprise, “Girls!”

They all glanced at where the wound had been and collectively gasped. The wound had completely vanished with no scar tissue whatsoever. But what surprised them the most was that they noticed his clothing had become more formal looking. His baggy pants fitted him perfectly and his dress shirt was the right size and crisply new. It also seemed to have a slightly other worldly sheen to it like the way their clothes were now.

Sunset glanced at Twilight, “You don’t think.”

Twilight blinked, “It’s impossible.”

Scribe’s clothing then smoothly transitioned back to their normal state but were untarnished and undamaged.

Applejack sighed in relief as she picked him up, “C’mon girls let’s get him inside, he needs his rest.”

Sunset nodded as she stood outside and looked back to where Umbra and the other girls had stood moments before.

Umbra sneered as he made a slow wagging motion with his finger, “Tick Tock Princess.”

Twilight sighed, “Alright, get out of here. But know that you’ll answer for what you did tonight.”

Umbra chuckled, “I don’t doubt it.”

He and the girls then vanished in a burst of red smoke.

*

I awoke immediately and stared frantically around the room, “What?!”

I then took notice it was night time and glanced around. I was back in Dash’s guest room and took notice I was not alone. At my bedside asleep was a surprising sight…Sunset Shimmer was fast asleep and breathing calmly. I shook my head but felt slightly touched that she was there. I silently left my bed and walked downstairs only to jump at the sight of what I saw. The girls had pony ears and their hair was way longer than before and did Dash and Shy have wings!?

They noticed I was up and me pointing, “AH!”

Twilight stood up, “Please don’t freak out!”

I stood maintaining the pose I had for a few more seconds before laughing uncontrollably, “Freak out?! Why on Earth would I freak out I mean you all have pony ears and wings that’s completely rational, AHAHAHAHAHAH!!”

Rainbow face palmed, “I think we broke him.”

I collapsed to my knees, “Oh man this is just too much.”

Sunset walked down the stairs and noticed me up, “Oh.”

She then noticed the situation at large, “Oh…”

I looked at them all, “Okay I am NOT moving an inch until you all explain exactly WHAT THE HELL we are dealing with,” I then jabbed a finger at Twilight, “AND what exactly your deal is and who we’re working for!”

*

Twilight’s eyes widened in fear, she had hoped that Scribe wouldn't ask this of her but she had no choice.

Twilight did her breathing, “Alright but I don’t think you’ll believe me.”

Twilight then began telling Scribe exactly who she was and who their boss really was. But she withheld everything else concerning Scribes…full mindset.

*

I blinked, “Well that would explain why Spike talks. But royalty, damn that’s pretty cool.”

I then briefly got distracted, “I wonder how I would look as a pony.”

Twilight face palmed, “Could we get back on track please?”

I nodded, “Right. Exactly what happened after I passed out?”

Rarity looked at the ground, “Umbra was allowed to leave.”

I lost it, “WHAT!?”

*

Umbra sat in his lair glaring at the now human lackeys who were cowering in the corner. Umbra stood and approached them.

Umbra was scratching his chin, “It seems I might have to rethink my strategy. Don’t worry girls I’m not cross with you two.”

Gilda raised an eyebrow, “You’re not?”

Umbra picked her up by her throat with a chilling smile, “Believe me you would know if I was.”

Gilda gasped for breath as she was deposited upon the ground, “Now we’re going to have to formulate a plan.”

Lightning Dust raised a finger, “What about that Masquerade ball?”

Umbra halted, “Excuse me?”

Gilda nodded, “There’s so many people around you could move the situation to your favor and then just snatch her.”

Umbra smiled deviously as he continued his pacing, “True. But it’s a couple of days away and I’m running out of time.”

Umbra glanced at his hand as a section of skin reddened but then reverted back slowly.

Lightning Dust was slightly confused, “What happens when your time expires.”

Umbra hurled his table against a far wall then roared inhumanly causing the girls to scream and hug each other.

Umbra inhaled shakily, “That…is none of your concern.”

Umbra knew full well what would happen. His true nature and face would be unable to be supressed and his emotional barriers he erected to maintain a semblance of stable control would crumble. He had to merge back with Sunset Shimmer or he would level the entire school and the city in a fit of retribution at being denied his wish. One thing was for sure, he was sensing that she was gaining new emotions. Emotions he could not allow to flourish.