• Published 15th Jul 2013
  • 1,490 Views, 24 Comments

The Interdimensional Field Trip - Fussan



This is an HiE story as well as a brony in Equestria story. It has no real sex in it, but it does strongly imply it. Contains lots of swearing and some violence. It does not start in Equestria, but it does get there quickly.

  • ...
13
 24
 1,490

Chapter Two: A New World

Chapter Two: A New World

Equis, Equestria, Ponyville Hospital

When I woke up, I was disoriented. I had no idea what time it was, where I was, or what had happened to me. But as the seconds ticked by, it all started to come back to me. I was in a car wreck, but what had happened for the van to do something like that? Were we caught in an alien tractor beam? Had we hit an anti-magnetic field of something or other, and that's why we lifted off of the ground like that? All I knew for certain was that I was alive, and I seemed to be in some sort of hospital.

I looked around me to see that I wasn't alone. There were other people on beds to the left and right of me. But there was some missing, there were fifteen of us on this little trip of ours, yet there were only thirteen beds.

I guess not all of us made it...

I was grateful that I was alive, but I needed to know who was here, and who was not. For instance, if Ms. Francis was dead, then what would we do? Would I take over? Could I? I did not know, but that did not matter. What did matter was that I need to get up and find out just what the hell was going on.

As I sat up in bed I noticed that I was completely injury free. I had no cuts, or bruises, or anything like that. And to top it off, My nose was fixed. I reached up to touch the bridge of my nose, but when my hands made contact, I wished they had not. It felt like there was a fire ant colony living in there, and they were angry that I was disturbing them by touching my seemingly healed nose.

I then noticed a mirror across the room, so I got up and made my way over to it. I was a bit wobbly in the knees, but I made the trip without too much of a problem. When I looked into the mirror, I was shocked. I had no cuts or anything, but what I did have was worse. I had a huge scar running across my face, from above my right eye, over it, and over my lips, ending just above my chin. But that wasn't even the bad part. The bad part was that I didn't have a regular eye anymore. Instead of the dark brown that my eye normally was, the color was pure white. Where the pupil should have been was just a circle of a slightly darker shade of white.

I tried to close my eyes, but when I opened them up again, I knew I was not just seeing things. I now had a huge scar, and a dead eye.

Wow, I thought to myself, I look like a bad ass.

I could still see fine out of both eyes, if anything, I could see better than I could before the accident. I had a few other scars as well, but nothing even close to the one on my face. I had a few more minutes to admire my new look in the mirror before I heard shouts from outside. I looked left and right, but saw nothing I could hide behind, so I did the next best thing. I picked up a nearby coat stand and took up a defensive position, in case they were anything less than friendly. My days of playing DayZ taught me a thing or two about trusting people.

The shouting grew more frantic, and also grew in volume and intensity. Whoever they were, they were getting close to the door, and here I was standing right out in the open like an idiot when I should have been hiding behind the door so I could get the drop on them. But before I could mentally berate myself further, the door burst open and what was standing there made my eyes go as wide as they have ever gone before.

There, standing in the doorway looking around the room frantically, was a brown pony wearing a lab coat and a stethoscope. The first thought going through my mind was, er, actually, I don't think I was able to process anything at that particular moment in my life. Strange as it sounds- and believe me, it sounds strange to me too- I was completely, and utterly at a loss for words.

After a few seconds the pony noticed me standing by the mirror holding a coat stand across my chest. When he saw me- and yes I know it is a he- his jaw dropped wide open. We both stood there in stunned silence for a few seconds before another pony ran into the room, this time a female. She saw the doctor pony first, then she saw just what he was looking at. When she saw me, well, lets just say her reaction could have been a lot better, since you know, she ran out of the room screaming her head off. It was at that moment both me and the doctor pony were broken out of our trance-like state. He shook his head, looked at me one more time then yelled something in a language I've never heard before. After that about half a dozen white ponies came running into the room, dressed in golden armor with blue mow hawks on top of the helmet. They tried to circle me, but I was already against a wall, so they could only manage a half-circle around me. They had already started closing in on me when I heard it. It was a voice, soft and gentle, but also at the same, one that demanded attention and obedience.

All the armored ponies in front of me froze. Then they turned as a pony- no, it wasn't a pony, it was an alicorn- walked into the room. She walked right past the guards and right up to me. She was taller than me, but only by a few inches, but looked like she knew how to use that height advantage well.

She said something in the same language I heard the doctor pony speak, but I might as well have been trying to talk in Crown with T-boy. She paused her speaking, I think she was waiting for me to reply. I thought If I spoke to her in my language it would be even worse, so I decided to use hand signals instead.

I pointed to myself, then I pointed to her and made the talking motion with my hands, then pointed at my ears and shook my head. I repeated the motion more slowly when she frowned, obviously not understanding what I meant.

After that she spoke again, this time more loudly, and leaning in closer to me- as if that would do anything to help- and was trying to pronounce her words more clearly. I gave her a long-suffering look and face palmed. Then I instantly regretted that decision because my nose was still in extreme pain.

"Ow, fuck that hurts!" I yelled, and took in a hissing breath.

She pulled her head back after that little outburst and blinked a few times, obviously surprised at what I said. Well, maybe not what I said, but the tone of voice I used in front of her.

I looked at her and decided that I did not care what she thought of me, swearing always helps when you are in pain.

"Listen," I began, "I don't know how I got here, and I'm not sure if I even care, but I want to know what happened to the others I came here with." After that She looked even more surprised. I am guessing thoughts like "What is this thing?" and "What is it saying to me?" were going through her head.

"Okaaayyyy," I said, dragging the last part out into a sigh, "I need to know how I can talk to you, understand?" I asked pointing back and forth between the two of us. "I need to be able to communicate with somebody, so if you can understand me, just know that I can't understand what it is you're saying."

A look of pure astonishment washed over her face, then a small smile formed on her lips.

"You speak the old tongue," she said slowly. At my surprised look, her smile widened. "So, you can understand what I'm saying?" she asked.

"Yes, yes I actually can," I answered.

"So," she started, "can you tell me how you got here?"

I knew who she was, and I knew where I was, but I just could not believe it. I was always telling myself that it was nothing but a childish dream to be able to see this place for myself, but here I was, standing in front of the sun goddess, Princess Celestia.

***

After explaining what had happened to us, and why we were here, she started asking questions like "What was the thing you were in?", "What is your planet and species called?", and other things like that. I told her what I could, which was just about everything that is known about the topics she was wondering about. I answered truthfully because I figured, I know just about everything there is to know about Equestria and all that, so why should I not help her know more about where I come from? She seemed to appreciate my honesty, and would soak up as much information as possible. But she was constantly interrupting me to ask me what something was, or how something else worked, or to define a word, phrase, or object. It was fine at first, but after about twenty-something times, it really does get irritating. I am guessing she was picking up on my feelings, because she started apologizing after her interruptions from then on. It did not really make it any less annoying, but I did appreciate the sentiment behind it.

After hours of explaining things from my world, I had to ask a few questions of my own. "How did we get here?"

She seemed to think for a minute before answering.

"We constructed a portal- well, more of a viewer, actually- that could allow us to see into other worlds and dimensions. But when we found yours, there was an accident." She said the last word as if she were angry.

I guess she saw that I noticed, and tried to calm my worries.

"Don't worry, my aggravation has nothing to do with you... Well actually they do. You see, when Twilight got you all to the hospital, she was so scared that it nearly made her faint. Even after I arrived to calm everything, she was still frantic, pacing around in her home, and thinking she was going to be punished."

I nodded my head slowly in understanding. "Yes, this kind of thing would make somebody get all freaked out."

I was just about finished picturing Twilight freaking out and doing all the things she usually does at a time like this. It was good for a few chuckles. But my mental imagery was interrupted as Celestia cleared her throat.

"So," she said, "do you have any more questions?"

I did not even need to think about my next question, it was one that needed to be answered, so I did not even try to be polite in asking. "Where are the other people that where with us?"

The question took her by surprise, and it showed on her features. After a few seconds she simply said, "Not all of you made it." I got her meaning and looked over to the beds, wondered who we had lost.

There was a silence that hung over the room after that like a heavy curtain, but it disappeared when a guard came running into the room and went straight to the side of the princess. He whispered something into her ear, then trotted off, going back out the door.

"I'm surprised," she said.

"What?"

"I'm surprised," she stated again. "Surprised that you haven't asked any questions about me or this world, or even how you got here. Usually, when something like this happens, the first question out of their mouth is 'where am I?', but not with you. Care to tell me why it is you don't want to know the answers to your questions?"

She must have thought I was thinking all sorts of questions like she said the others thought, but no, I wasn't. But I did have one question after she said that.

"There have been other Humans here before?"

"No," she answered, "this has happened before, but it has always been them coming to us, never us reaching out to them. So the fact that you haven't been sending me a barrage of questions is that you're either afraid to ask them, or you don't know which ones to ask first. Am I right?" She finished off her little speech with a smug smile, probably thinking she knew exactly what I was going to do. Well, little miss high-and-mighty, you are about to get one hell of a shock.

"Actually," I said, "you're dead wrong." I looked up into her shocked- I told you so- eyes, and then gained a smug little smile of my own.

"I know just about everything there is to know about you and this world, Celestia."

Her eyes grew big and she lost her composure, but only for a second. I'm actually surprised I managed to get that out of her. I mean, this is Celestia we're talking about here, after all.

"Really? Then prove your wealth of knowledge." She let some sarcasm hang on the word "wealth". So she obviously did not believe me. But I was about to make her the winner of "The Most Surprised Mare In Equestria" award.

"Okay," I started, "for starters, your name is Celestia, your sister's name is Luna, you are the princess and goddess of the sun, and the same goes for your sister, only with the moon. Twilight Sparkle is you prized pupil, and also the bearer of the element of magic, the most powerful and elusive element. Her friends, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie are also element bearers. They hold the elements of loyalty, kindness, honesty, generosity, and laughter. They used their respective elements to power the ancient magics of the Elements of Harmony to beat Nightmare Moon- your sister's dark side- when she returned from her one-thousand year banishment to the moon, Discord- the spirit of chaos and disharmony- after he got free and tried to take over Equestia, and Chrysalis- queen of the changelings- when she impersonated princess Cadence to marry Shining Armour- Twilight's brother- to try to capture Equestria, and feed off of all the ponies that live here. And trust me, I could keep going for hours, and hours, but I'm sure you need some time to think about all of this." By the time I was finished her jaw was almost hitting the floor. I was not too surprised by her reaction this time around.

"H- how...?"

"How do I know all of this?"

She just nodded dumbly, staring at me with wide eyes, jaw still hanging low to the ground.

I smiled smugly at her and reached to tap the side of my nose, then stopped.

Eh, it'll be worth it.

I tapped my nose with my first finger (gently) and simply said, "Magic."

Celestia just kept on staring at me, and continued to do so for nearly a minute before I said something.

"If you don't close you mouth, you'll start catching flies," I said finally.

She instantly shut her mouth, maybe a bit to fast, because I heard a small 'clup' noise, suggesting she mashed her teeth together in the hurried motion. She instantly formed a small blush in her checks, but raised a hoof up to hide it.

"Aw," I said, "don't, you look cute when you're embarrassed."

Her blush only deepened, and she knew it too. I guess she thought it best to shoot me death glares as a response to my last comment.

"What?" I said laughing. "You do!"

Then I broke out laughing, not even bothering to take into the fact she could easily spear me with her horn. But no, she did not spear me, or anything even remotely near to that kind of response. No, instead, she, the goddess of the sun, princess of Equestria, started to giggle. But it did not stop there, after a few- horribley unsuccessful, I might add- attempts to stop herself from doing it, she burst out laughing, and we filled the hospital, which was quiet as the grave earlier, with the sounds of laughter.

During her laughter she got so carried away that she let herself go, and made a small snort noise. She instantly stopped after that, and her face turned as red as a tomato. She quickly put a hoof up to block my view of her again, but I reached out and put my hand on her shoulder and said, "Do we really need to have this whole conversation again already?" She slowly lowered her hoof to let me look. "There we go, much better." She smiled at me through her blush and laughed slightly.

"But I have to know, how is it you know so much about us?"

I thought for a moment before answering. There was no easy was of telling her that she was a cartoon. But I did not want to lie to her either. So I did the next best thing, I twisted the truth, but only a little bit.

"Where I come from, we have a... a sort of, window to look into other places. Sometimes it's another world, other times it's just another city, or country. But with this window, we can look anywhere and everywhere."

Look at me, bein' all philosophical and shit.

She seemed to think about my answer for a few seconds before finally speaking. "I suppose it's true that such a thing can exist. Just because we do not posses such a thing doesn't mean others can't."

"Exactly, just because something isn't in one plane of existance, doesn't mean it's not in another. But I'm glad that your window is real Celestia, I really am."

She raised an eyebrow at me. "What do you mean real? Are there some windows that are fake?"

I thought for a moment before answering. "Not exactly fake, but... fantastical. Like, for example, everybody on my planet thought that this place wasn't really real, not like us at least. But I'm happy to see that they were wrong."

Me and Celestia went on talking for a bit longer before she declared that I needed some more sleep- even though the word "sleep" could not even register in my mind, because I was so excited that Equestria was real, like, really real- and took her leave, but assured me that she would return. She even said that she would bring some others the next time she visits too. When I asked who they were, she just told me that I would have to wait and see for myself when she returned.

I was lying in my bed when I remembered something, something bad. I was the only one here who liked ponies, and for all I knew, they might even try to hurt them because they might think ponies are gay or something like a bunch of assholes would. It was then that I decided it. And nothing would change my mind. If they tried anything that I did not like, I would not give them a second chance. No mercy, no forgiveness. If they try anything, I will kill them.

I looked to my left, and then to my right.

Yes, I thought, if they step out of line, I won't give them the chance to regret it.

End Chapter: Chapter Two: A New World