• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 885 Views, 12 Comments

Running With Babies - Tiaa OwO



Sequel to 'Running While Preggers'. Jasmine and Spike raise their children while facing the reality that they might be social outcasts.

  • ...
8
 12
 885

Act 1: 07

Dog Days

George Fleur Party trotted down the hallway, trying to be as silent as possible. As he passed the room where Jasmine and Spike were sleeping, he kept an eye out for a specific door. The door he was looking for stood out from the rest. It was white and sparkling like the rest of them but the image of Shining Armor and Cadence's cutie marks were in the center of it. He had to be very stealthy when he passed that door. He was going to meet Twilight to spend some quality time with her and Shining Armor was the last pony he wanted to run into along the way.

George basically tiptoed past their door, hoping and praying that Shining didn't use his weird sixth sense to figure out that he was passing. He had finally passed the door and nothing happened. With a grin on his face, George began to trot to Twilight's room.

"Why, hello, George."

George froze and turned slowly with a forced smile plastered on his muzzle. "Hey... Shining Armor... What's up?"

"Oh, nothing. Just heading out for a stroll. I see you had the same idea." Shining closed his door as silently as he had opened it. George glared at the door for a second, silently cursing it for not making a sound. "Where are you headed?"

"Uh..." The green unicorn had the feeling that the stallion in front of him knew the answer to that question already. "N-nowhere in particular..."

"So, you're just walking around, hoping to run into one of your friends?" Shining Armor began to walk alongside the nervous green unicorn. George gulped.

"Er... I was thinking of... hanging out with Twilight as well..."

"Oh?" Shining's voice was frighteningly calm. "There's not a lot of things for you two to do this late in the night."

"Knowing Twilight, she'd find something," George muttered. "Usually involving a book, too."

"Listen, George, I think we need to have a little talk," Shining started. "I know you and my little sister have a relationship going on right now and I must be intimidating, being former captain of the Celestial guard and all..."

"Eh... you can say that again."

"...but I just want you to know that you don't need to be so nervous. I'm not going to kill you or anything... without reason... If you hurt my sister in any way..." Shining stomped his right fore-hoof on the floor, the sound filling George's ears then fading away. "Got it?"

"Understood," George replied. Shining Armor abruptly turned and walked away in the opposite direction without a word and disappeared around the corner. George felt a terrifying mixture of relief and fear before cautiously continuing his journey to his marefriend's room.


George was not the only pony that was up and about that night. A few of his friends were spending some time together with Fluttershy. Jasmine was trying to get some sleep while Spike watched the pup play with the younglings. Wolf Grey was in the other room looking for some interesting games for all of them to play while Fluttershy went back and forth, catering to her guests. Wolf Grey came back with a three player game when there was a knock at the door. Fluttershy answered it and was pleased to see that it was Eclipse LunarSol. Fluttershy let her come in. Eclipse waved to everypony and gave the pup a pat on the head. The younglings giggled as the Cocker Spaniel bounded around them and barked in excitement.

"They really like her," Spike said, giving the pup a scratch behind the ears. "And she's so cute!" Fluttershy and Eclipse nodded.

"She really likes you all too," Fluttershy added.

"What're you gonna name her?" Eclipse asked Spike.

"Name her?" Spike glanced at the stray warily.

"Yea. You can't have a puppy with no name."

"What do you mean?" Spike said. "We're not going to keep her."

"Why not? She can keep the little ones company."

"But pets are just as much trouble as babies. I should know. I had a phoenix once."

"A phoenix?" Eclipse murmured. Fluttershy nodded with a smile.

"Spike, you did take very good care of your phoenix." the yellow mare said. Spike rolled his eyes. She was obviously siding with Eclipse.

"She'll tire them out, too." Eclipse added.

Spike paused for a moment. "Enough to make them sleep all night?"

"Well...sure!"

"If we keep her, the kids will all have a playmate, sleep at night, and Jasmine and I will be able to sleep properly again!" Spike shouted. Jasmine, who was snoozing on Fluttershy's couch, groaned and rolled over to glare at Spike. "Oops... Sorry."

"What's with all the hype now?"

"I was just telling Spike that you two should come up with a name for this little cutie," Eclipse explained.

"What about... Fluffy?" Spike suggested.

"Eh... Could be better..." Eclipse shrugged.

"She's so jumpy... so... How about Jumpy?"

"Really? Would you want to be named Jumpy?" Eclipse frowned. Spike blushed. Fluttershy giggled. "What about Sam?"

"Sounds better. Unique. Like a Dimond Dog or something." Eclipse nodded in approval.

"The name really fits. I'll go get some dog supplies for you," Fluttershy started to make a pile of dog essentials.

"Eh, but I still say the name still could use some work but it's better." Eclipse shrugged again.

"Sam it is!" Spike exclaimed.

"Wait... we can't get a puppy! That's even more mischief to deal with!" Jasmine groaned.

"But it also means a better sleep at night," Spike grinned.

"Oh, then it's totally worth it!"

"That's what I said!" Jasmine and Spike grinned. Wolf Grey walked in from the other room with a four player game and rolled his eyes when he saw the two jumping around merrily with Fluttershy watching with a grin.

"You guys are weird."

Author's Note:

I changed the puppy's name. This is much better.