• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 885 Views, 12 Comments

Running With Babies - Tiaa OwO



Sequel to 'Running While Preggers'. Jasmine and Spike raise their children while facing the reality that they might be social outcasts.

  • ...
8
 12
 885

Act 1: 03

Relaxing Day

It was a warm day in the Crystal Empire. Everypony was outside, enjoying the weather and spending time with friends, especially the large group of traveling friends. Cadence had thought it was a nice idea to have a little get together to just relax and get to know everypony. She'd chosen a large field with good shading and a nice view of the the Crystal Heart.

Sookie whimpered. It was boring to watch the older ponies and creatures talk and mingle together while she and her siblings were stuck in the protective embrace of their mother. She let out a mewl, just to alert her mother to her discomfort. Jasmine gave Sookie an affectionate lick and smiled.

"Now, don't you cry, little one. Mommy's right next to you." she said. Flo sighed and nuzzled her.

Being an infant, Sookie only got the gist of what what her mother was saying. She began to get fussy, showing exactly what she wanted, or so she thought. To Jasmine, the infant was either hungry, tired, or needed changing. She rose and placed the sextuplets into the gated play area by a rather small tree. The infants mewled and looked at each other in confusion. Where was mom going?


Eclipse LunarSol handed an apple to Applejack and smiled. The farm mare took a bite and chuckled. "It ain't as good as one from Sweet Apple Acres but it sure is tasty." Eclipse laughed and waved a hoof.

"That's all I needed to hear," George Fleur Party joked. "That these crystal apples are Applejack Approved!" This line earned laughs from everypony as they dug into their own food. Twilight put a hoof on George's and nuzzled him.

The group was in the more open part of the field, bunched loosely together and with the play area in their line of sight, should any of them turn their heads. Spike was among them, talking and gathering some food stuffs to bring to his beloved. Wolf Grey eyed the last carrot the drake had selected and his stomach grumbled.

"Hey, how about we share that carrot, huh?"

"It's not for me but you can have half," Spike broke the carrot in half and handed one end to the pegasus. Wolf Grey took it and grinned.

"Thanks, bud."

"No problem." Fluttershy, who was conversing with Rarity and Zecora, stopped talking and pointed a hoof in the direction of the play area. Rarity and Zecora turned to see Jasmine approaching the group.

"Jasmine!" Rarity called. Everypony's head turned to see the female draconaquus smile and wave shyly.

"Hey guys. Sorry I'm not you know... chatting it up and such... I wanted to give the kids a hug and then I just didn't want to get up."

"Who can blame you?" Night Flower said, smiling and putting a forleg around Shy Heart. "Those babies of yours are so cuddly."

"And they can be so sweet," Flutterhshy added.

"Not to mention that their so cute!" Shy Heart squealed.

"Their cuteness in which we are so fond," Zecora began, gesturing to Jasmine and Spike. "Maybe it is a product of your strong bond." Twilight gave George a kiss on the cheek. Shining Armor nuzzled Cadence and she giggled. Wolf Grey glanced at Fluttershy and they blushed. As all the couples in the group began nuzzling and showing affection, Rainbow Dash gagged.

"Guys, come on. Don't get all sappy over kids."

"When you find your special somepony and/or have foals of your own, we'll see who'll be one of the 'sappy ones'." Eclipse said, waving a hoof at the hovering pegasus.

"Pffft, please! Like I would ever get that sappy," Rainbow folded her forlegs and gave a cocky smirk. Cadence shook her head with a smile and kissed Shining Armor.

"Boy, she has a lot to learn."

Eclipse only smiled and gave Rainbow a knowing look. "You wouldn't get that sappy?"

"That's what I said!"

Applejack grinned. "Ya might wanna restate that statement, sugarcube." Rarity laughed and leaned on Pinkie for support.

"What's so funny? All I said was-oh..." Rainbow Dash turned a bright shade of red. "I meant, I wouldn't get sappy at all! I would be cool! 20% cooler than all this mushy gushiness!" Spike covered his mouth to prevent the giggles from escaping. Jasmine smirked.

"Oh, Rainbow, darling. You musn't worry. When you get sappy, I'm sure it'll be much cooler than you think now." Rarity flipped her hair with her hoof and smiled. Rainbow rolled her eyes.

"I've got some apples, some oranges, a cupcake, and half a carrot for you," Spike said, handing a small baggy to his girlfriend. Jasmine accepted it and kissed him tenderly. He blushed.

"I love how you've been in bed with me more than once and you still blush like crazy," Jasmine murmured. Spike leaned over and bopped Jasmine's nose with his. She blushed.

"See? I'm not the only one who does it," Spike turned away and blushed more. "Besides... I think you look even cuter when you blush..." Jasmine smiled and blushed harder. Rainbow Dash gagged again.

"These freaking lovebirds are killing me!"

"I think it's cute..." Shining said. Eclipse nodded and looked a bit sad for a second. She looked off into the distance and sighed. "Missing your family?" Shining asked her. She nodded, unable to speak at the moment. "Where did they go?"

"I was able to see them right before they got on the train to Hoofington." Eclipse lowered her gaze. "They'll be back soon, but not soon enough... I miss them like crazy."

Pinkie, Fluttershy, Shy Heart, and Jasmine practically jumped Eclipse to give her a hug. She fell to the ground and they piled on top of her, squeezing like there was no tomorrow. She laughed and tried to push them off.

"Guys, you really don't need to-"

"Don't be sad! Turn that frown upside down!" Pinkie wailed.

"Please...if you don't mind..." Fluttershy added.

"They'll be back before your now it! And we're all here to cheer you up!" Jasmine chirped.

"I'm sure they miss you just as much so that means you guys can feel the love," Shy Heart said. "You can feel it really deep in your heart."

"The sap is so real right now! Jeez!" Rainbow Dash yelled. Spike bit into an apple and smiled. Applejack and Rarity blared at Rainbow fiercly before joining in on the hug.


Sookie watched her mother hug some pony and narrowed her eyes. She was beginning to get hungry and it didn't look like her mother was bringing any bottles... Flo yawned and rolled over into her nosy sister. Sookie inspected her sister and babbled in frustration. Flo didn't have a clue what was irritating her sister so she let out a wail. Draven looked up but then looked away in disinterest. Cherok, plateaus, and Bubble began to crawl to their distressed sisters to figure out what was the problem.

Flo grabbed Cherok with her claws and giggled as she played with his face. Cherok pulled away and fell over into Plateous. Flo and Sookie giggled, quickly forgetting why they were distressed. Draven craned his neck to see what was so funny. Plateous hit his little head a little too hard so he rubbed it and tears filled his eyes. Cherok watched his brother curiously. Flo and Sookie stopped laughing and watched as well. Plateous began to cry, tears like a waterfall down his face. Draven narrowed his eyes and pouted. The others watched their brother and began to tear up as well. Soon, all the infants (except for little Draven) were crying their eyes out.


Jasmine's ears perked up at the sound of her infants crying. Everypony got quiet. Twilight blinked, "I think your cubs miss you," she said.
Jasmine turned in their direction and her ears drooped.

"Oh, my poor babies. They probably miss me already-"

"Relax. I'll go spend some time with them." Spike started to go towards the infants when Applejack whistled to him. He turned.

"Why not just bring 'em on over here?"

"Their so cute! I wanna hold one!" Pinkie chirped, bouncing in place. There were murmurs of agreement.

"I wouldn't mind holding little Bubble again..." Fluttershy said.

"Ah, kids. Their so much not like cats," Night Flower sighed. Shy Heart and Rarity gave him odd looks. "What?"

"You know, I wouldn't mind playing with Sookie. She can be so rowdy... just like me!" Rainbow Dash laughed. "She's gonna be awesome when she's older. But not as awesome as me, of course."

Eclipse smiled and chuckled. "Remember, you two, we're all family. Now, bring your little ones over here to play."