• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 885 Views, 12 Comments

Running With Babies - Tiaa OwO



Sequel to 'Running While Preggers'. Jasmine and Spike raise their children while facing the reality that they might be social outcasts.

  • ...
8
 12
 885

Act 1: 02

Running 'Round

Jasmine snuggled Spike and gathered their children together. Spike watched as the little ones nursed and sighed as they began to fall asleep again. They'd kept him up all night and he was ready to try and get some shut-eye. He yawned and curled up next to his beloved but just as he closed his eyes, a hyper pink mare came bouncing in and began to talk a million miles a minute.

"So, now that it's morning we can totally hang out together with all our friends and we can play with the little babies. Such cute Lille cutie wooties! We can show them off to Shining Armor and Cadence since their the babies' god parents...or would they be god siblings or god aunty and uncle? I think they should be god aunty and uncle but I've never heard of that and if I've never heard of it them it must not exist but if it doesn't exist that means I can invent the phrase and if I do that then it will exist and there won't be a problem with it anymore but then there's also the problem that ponies might think it's silly and get really frustrated when I use the term but I won't really mind as long as you don't mind and approve of the phrase because you'll be the one using it. But then again, I don't want anypony to get frustrated so I'm still not sure if I should still say god aunty and uncle or just stick with god parents even though it is technechly incorrect."

"Oh, c'mon Pinkie...I just wanna sleep." Spike groaned. Jasmine laughed.

"Good luck on that. We won't be getting any sleep with these little ones." She nuzzled Bubble, who yawned and cuddled closer to Plateous. Sookie whimpered and pounced on Cherok who, in turn, woke up Draven and Flo with his whining.

"Aww! Their just so cute! I can't wait until their a few months old!" Pinkie gushed.

"Why?" Jasmine asked.

"Oh, Pinkie used to watch the Cake twins a few months after they were born." Spike explained. "They were a handful but she ended up doing a lot better then we expected."

"I told you I could do it!"

"Trust me, Pinkie. We knew you'd pull it off somehow. It's just first baby jitters."

"I'll say!" Pinkie giggled. Jasmine brushed a lock of hair out of her eyes and raised a brow.

"What do you mean, first baby jitters?" she asked.

"Well, non of us had really been around any newborn foals around that time..."

"...So everyone was super happy to see those cutie pies and it was almost like the twins were their foals!" Pinkie and Spike giggled together and hoof/claw bumped. Jasmine laughed.

"I suppose I had to have been there, huh?" She stretched and got to her feet. "Well, since it's obvious we won't be getting any more sleep today, how about we explore?" Spike stood and gasped.

"Oh, that's right! You've never been to the Crystal Empire!"

"Well, better get a move on! We're going to have a super funerific day!" Pinkie bounced in place with a huge grin on her face.

"Oh, but who'll watch the kids?" Jasmine glanced at the infants with worry.

"I can! I've got experience!" Pinkie chirped.

"Uhh...I dunno...Pinkie..." Spike said nervously. He glanced at his lover and they exchanged looks. "I mean, we can take them with us..."

"Nonsense! You sound just like Mr and Mrs. Cake! You go and enjoy your day while I take good care of these little angels!" Pinkie managed to push the draconaquus and dragon outside of the room with little effort. "Tell me all about how much fun you had when you get back, bye!" She gave them a gentle shove and slammed the door. The couple glanced at each other and shrugged. They headed down the hallway...


Snookie woke up first. She was the first to notice that her mother wasn't there. The tan colored infant looked around and whimpered when all she saw were her brothers and sisters. She nudged Flo, who began to growl for being awakened. Snookie whimpered until Flo finally lifted her head and let out a loud yip. Draven groaned in annoyance. His sisters were really interrupting his nap. Snookie whimpered again, crawling over Cherok, Plateous, and Bubble, and stopped in the spot where their mother was supposed to be.

Flo noticed that they were on the bed alone and let out a whine. Draven opened his eyes and looked around, wondering what was going on. Flo's eyes filled with tears and she crawled next to Snookie. Bubble yawned and watched Draven, Flo, and Snookie scoot around on the sheets, searching for their mother. Where was their mother? She crawled past her wailing brother and sisters and to the edge of the bed. Plateous was watching her, half awake, and yawned. Cherok headed towards her, curious of what she was doing.

There were pillows... huge... massive... pillows all along the edges of the bed. They made Bubble feel small, well, smaller than she was, anyway. She tried crawling over them... just to see what was beyond those massive pillow gates... but they were to high for her to get over. She let out a frustrated wail, calling her brothers over. Cherok was at her side in a few moments, Plateous a few hoof lengths away, trying to get over the pillows himself.

Bubble watched him before growing bored and started pushing one of the pillows with her forelegs. Cherok found this interesting and starting pushing the same pillow. Plateous joined them, interested in the new game his sibling had created. The three pushed, and to their surprise, the pillow moved! Bubble let out an excited squeak, which alerted her other three siblings in the center of the bed. They came over, curious of the new game and joined in on the fun.

They pushed together, causing the pillow to slowly... oh so slowly move over the edge of the bed. There were several squeals of surprise when the pillow finally toppled over the side and hit the floor with a 'plumf'. They all paused for a few seconds, letting their victory soak in. Flo laughed and and began babbling excitedly. Sookie wasted no time in rushing to get off the bed-prison. It was time to find mommy!

"Careful, little one, you might fall!" Pinkie Pie said cheerfully. She picked Sookie up and bounced her gently in her hooves. "Aw, you're so cute! You babies and your little adventures."

Sookie babbled angrily at the pink she-demon. She wasn't her mother! She squirmed and twisted away from the kisses and hugs, wailing out to her siblings. Bubble was about to head towards the edge of the bed too but Pinkie plopped the pillow in it's place. Draven squeaked in surprise. It was as if they hadn't done anything! One by one, they began to cry of their defeat.

"Don't cry! I've got your bottles ready. Look, their right here!" Pinkie scooped them all up and somehow managed to give them all their bottles. Silenced by the deliciously warm and yummy drinks, the babies began to nod off. What were they doing? What were they crying about again? Their adventure was quickly forgotten as their bellies filled. Pinkie burped them and placed them in the bed-prison again. Sookie yawned and rolled over to cuddle Cherok.

No, not a bed-prison anymore. Just a bed, made for napping.


Jasmine and Spike entered the room with grins on their faces. Pinkie was on the carpet with the sextuplets climbing on her and babbling to each other. She giggled and smiled at the returning couple. Cherok clamped down on her ear and giggled. Draven was playing tug of war with her tail when Flo slipped off of Pinkie's barrel and crashed into him. Bubble bounced on Pinkie's head and smiled down on Plateous and Sookie. The two stopped chewing on Pinkie's foreleg to babble at her before Sookie saw her parents. She squealed and crawled towards them.

"Hi sweetie! You missed me? You missed mommy?" Jasmine cooed, picking up her daughter and nuzzling her. The other infants left Pinkie and rushed to their parents too. Spike sat on the carpet and the little ones jumped on him and nuzzled him and yippee at their mother to join in. Jasmine chuckled and sat, letting Sookie greet her father as well.

"Seems like they had a great day." Spike said. He nuzzled Jasmine. "Doesn't it?"

"Oh, yes. Thank you for watching them, Pinkie."

"Anytime!" Pinkie bounced over to them and smiled. "They had quite the adventure today." The couple glanced at each other.

"They did, did they?" Spike smiled.

"What kind of adventure? Was it action filled?" Jasmine nuzzled Plateous.

"Oh yes! They searched for the missing Nourisher after discovering it's absence. They searched far and wide before finding a huge wall blocking all who try to exit. They struggled to get over it but failed. Then, they learned of the magic of teamwork. Together, they managed to topple the Great Wall and see freedom in it's truest form..." Pinkie paused to gently poke Sookie in the belly. Sookie laughed as if it was the funniest thing in the world.

Jasmine and Spike leaned forward, waiting to hear the rest. "Yes?" they urged. "What happened next?"

"It was time for a bottle!" Pinkie chirped and bounced past them and out the door. "See ya later!" Sookie watched the pink mare go with interest before curling up by Plateous.

"What a way to end a story." Spike murmured. Jasmine just laughed.

Author's Note:

I've written ahead chapters so if you want to include an OC in my story, please tell me so I can include them in the next possible chapter I am working on at that time.

This story will be updated on time. Updates will be weekly, every Tuesday.