• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 884 Views, 12 Comments

Running With Babies - Tiaa OwO



Sequel to 'Running While Preggers'. Jasmine and Spike raise their children while facing the reality that they might be social outcasts.

  • ...
8
 12
 884

Act 1: 01

Book One

Arriving

The group stopped to rest in the station of the Crystal Empire. Jasmine, the raven-haired, female draconaquus, nuzzled Spike. Spike grasped her in his arms and smiled.

"We're here!" he exclaimed. The group cheered and eagerly looked around for any sign of ponies they knew.

"Reckon Cadence would meet us here?" Applejack asked. Twilight nodded.

"Of course. We've come on time. I sent her a message via Spike." The drake in question grinned and held his girlfriend even closer.

"Yup. I'm the best way to send mail. Can't go wrong with this bad boy." He blew out a small green flame to prove a point. Fluttershy chuckled. Wolf Grey, a mysterious and carefree pegasus, took her bags and dragged them off the platform. Fluttershy shook her head and followed.

"C'mon, guys, Wolf Grey's got the right idea!" George Fleur Party, Twilight's boyfriend, trotted after the two. Twilight sighed in that 'isn't-he-so-cute' way and tugged her bags off the platform. George then realized he'd forgotten to get his own bags. Eclipse LunarSol, the captain of the Celestial Guard, handed them to him with a smug look.

"Forgot something, GG?"

"Ah... yea... thanks." he said, blushing. Pinkie giggled and nudged Big Mac, who was holding his, Zecora, Rarity, and Shy Heart's luggage. Rarity, Shy Heart, a friendly but mellow unicorn, and Zecora were holding four of Jasmine and Spike's kids. The infants were wrapped up in blankets and snoring. Night Flower, a cat-sitting griffon and Shy Heart's boyfriend, and Rainbow Dash held the other two.

"We better get going guys! Don't want to miss meeting Cadey, do you?" Pinkie chirped before bouncing happily off the platform and on her way to the Crystal Empire castle. Every pony started walking and soon, they could see the castle coming into view. They continued to walk, murmurs of awe and interest filling the air along with the chirps of birds and the random noises of wildlife mixed with typical town sounds. A Crystal stallion walked by the group with a colt. The stallion gave the group a smile and waved before walking away, the colt not far behind.

"Nice to know the ponies here are friendly." Jasmine whispered to Spike. The group continued on. The castle was right in front of them now and they started to chatter excitedly. There was Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armor waiting for them at the entrance, four Crystal guards watching the group warily.

"Cadence!" Twilight squealed. She ran up to her former foal sitter and they did their usual greeting.

"Sunshine, sunshine
Ladybugs awake!
Clap your hooves
And do a little shake!"

George cleared his throat, which probably wasn't the best move since that caught Shining Armor's attention and made him narrowed his eyes at him. Twilight, on the other hand, turned and blushed. She returned to her spot next to George.
"Well, this is our group from Wakonda. Every pony, these are Princess Mi Amora Cadenza and Prince Shining Armor. Of course, you can just refer to them as Princess Cadence and-"

"I'd rather not have every pony call me prince." Shining shuffled his hoof in the dirt. "Not quite comfortable with it."

"Oh, please." Cadence teased. "You'll get used to it."

"Come on in every pony. You've all come a long way." Every pony carried their things inside and handed Spike and Jasmine their kids. Jasmine snuggled her babies and kissed Spike tenderly. He blushed.

"Get a room." George said playfully. Eclipse, Applejack, and Pinkie chuckled. Twilight started to gesture to ponies and introduce them.

"This is Big Macintosh. Big Mac or Mac for short. This is Zecora. You've heard of her right? This is Wolf Grey. Grey for short. This is Eclipse LunarSol. Eclipse for short. This is Shy Heart. We call her Heart or tee for short. Well, mostly Heart. This is Night Flower, we just call him night flower." Night Flower frowned. He crossed his forelegs. Twilight shrugged. "This is... uh... I actually don't know. This mare just followed us... for some reason..."

"Oh, I'm the nurse. I just want to hang with you guys. No biggie."

"But your name...?"

"Oh! My name is Willow Tree."

"Well, um, Nurse Tree is here so... ah... I don't know what to say about that. But lastly, this is George Fleur Party."

"GG!" Pinkie hollered.

"GG for short." Twilight nuzzled George. Shining and Cadence's eyes widened. Cadence smiled but Shining gritted his teeth.

"Sup." George gave a brave smirk.

"Welcome all." Shining walked off, obviously peeved. Every pony cheered.

Every pony decided to scout the castle out or check the empire. The castle was huge and beautiful. It sparkled like jewels in the sun. The rest of the empire was whole different kind of beautiful. The building were colorful and festive. The ponies were kind and they sparkled just as bright as the castle. The rock candy was especially the best. It was fun, but it was getting late. Every pony decided to find places to crash. Jasmine and Spike got a room in the hall where the Elements normally housed themselves when they spent the night. Night Flower took Shy Heart to a hotel. They promised to hang out the next day. George was surprised when Twilight offered to let him sleep in her room.

"I mean, you can sleep on the little mini couch that's there." Twilight said, blushing.

"Ah... sure. I could... I could do that."

"Really?" Twilight wrapped her hooves around his neck. "Great! Let me see if every pony else has a place to sleep." The Elements, of corse, were covered. Wolf Grey decided to rest in a cloud, Eclipse moved in with her husband and three fillies, and Big Mac decided to follow Night Flowers' idea and take Zecora to a hotel.

Once the night was at full swing, everypony settled down and went to sleep. They were excited to have reached their destination on time and they couldn't wait for the beginning of their new lives. Jasmine put the babies to sleep and curled up next to Spike. She couldn't help wondering about something. She noticed that Princess Luna, Discord, and Science, her large zebra rat, were nowhere to be found. She knew that they hadn't even bothered to show up when everypony was leaving. She figured they were traveling by their own means or that something had come up. Jasmine sighed. She hoped that the three were okay, especially Science. Jasmine yawned and closed her eyes. She was drifting off into a deep sleep when one baby, Sookie, started to cry. Once one baby cried, the other woke up too and soon, all of the sextuplets were crying their eyes out. Spike sat up and frowned. Jasmine yawned and turned to him.

"That's on you, mr. daddy." she smirked. Spike got up and dragged his feet, feeling exhausted. "Oh come on. You can't be that tired."

"I am that tired."

"Well, get used to it. You'll be waking up at this time for months." Spike groaned.

He shouted to the heavens, "WHY MUST YOU CRY, BABIES, WHY!?"