• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 1,804 Views, 11 Comments

Equestrylvania Adventure - Brony_Fife



All side-stories that aren't relevant to the main plot can be found here, a compendium of short tales regarding things like other places and characters in Equestria, character history bits, and even Bestiary entries for the monsters.

  • ...
6
 11
 1,804

Bestiary Entry (01)

Giant Bat

First encountered by Simon Belmont in 1691 (Castlevania, 1987)
First Appearance: “Bloody Tears”

It descended upon me from the darkness above, its leathery wings easily the length of one man each, and swung with enough force to blow a man off his feet. Its mouth hung open and gasped, shrieking loudly. While I found its appearance dreadful, one lash from my whip proved it to be all bluster.

However, I have heard stories pertaining to how such monstrous animals have been able to devour whole horses…

~Simon Belmont


Dullahan

First encountered by Richet Belmont in 1792 (Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, 1993)
First Appearance: “Bloody Tears”

I’ll never forget the smile on this creature’s face, how it seemed to split its whole head in two. It lacked any kind of teeth, which did more to terrify me, being naught but a curved line of crimson, pulpy flesh. The eyes, too; dark little circles that appear as though they were put in by a pair of fingers that dug into the head. It drifted independent of its body, which lumbered along with a powerful stride and a spear in its hands.

I’d only read of its existence. This bringer of death from Ireland called my name that night, fully intent on ending my quest. Curiously, amidst our battle, he scored a near-strike upon me, and loosened my sidebag, which held among other things gold coins. The sight of the coins startled him, forcing him back as if struck by something invisible.

This discovery lent me the clear advantage. Even now, years after my retirement as a vampire killer, I always keep gold on my person to some capacity.

Just in case.

~Richter Belmont


Chronomage

First Encountered by Soma Cruz in 2035 (Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, 2003)
First Appearance: “Bloody Tears” (mentioned), “Demon Seed” (appeared)

When I saw it, I didn’t see it. It’s hard to explain.

It’s like an image you catch right out of the corner of your eye. There for a moment brief enough to catch your attention and make you question your vision at the same time. And just as you think you see it, you’re suddenly somewhere else, as if hurriedly ushered out.

I try again and again to get to the end of that hallway, and again and again, I see it and not see it and end up right back out of the hallway. It kept going like this until I finally gave up this silly game.

It wouldn’t be until much later, after I’d acquired yet another soul, that I could see it in all its absurdity: a little white rabbit, wearing the clothes of men, carrying a large gold pocket-watch. It was like something out of the Alice stories I’d read as a child. When it noticed I could see it, it grabbed its watch and there was suddenly this loud click… then nothing. It panicked and ran away.

I get the strangest premonition I may be seeing it again. Such a thought turns my stomach.

~Soma Cruz


Actrise

First Encountered by Cornell “The Blue Crescent Moon” in 1844 (Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness, 1999)
First Appearance: “Intermission: Out of Time”

I think it’s her eyes everyone she meets is going to remember for the rest of their lives. Not the deceptive cadence of her voice, not the gentle and calculated body language, not the curve of her lips when she gives her poisonous smile. Her eyes.

I am loathe to admit it, but her eyes remind me of my own mother’s. I fear it is part of her abilities, to charm others against their will, to shape them and bend them into a form that favors her ends.

When she and I first crossed paths, there was a shiver across my young spine. The child in me wanted to follow her, to love her. But the survivor in me knew better: she radiated this kind of hatred that could have frozen the world around her if she wanted it so. When she admitted to the murder of a hundred children—with that same gentle smile on her face—I finally realized what level of beastliness she’d reached by the time I met her.

I wonder, even after I defeated her, if she ever realized that she was merely Dracula’s pawn, to be used then tossed aside like tissue paper? To use, then throw away—only to be used and thrown away herself, a well-deserved irony.

I suppose the same could be said of all Dracula’s creatures…

~Carrie Fernandez