• Published 18th May 2013
  • 565 Views, 3 Comments

Avenging My Father - FoalTasty



[Sci-Fi] After her dad's murder, Skyfire realizes who she actually is...and how much devastation it can cause.

  • ...
4
 3
 565

Introduction

Skyfire was a different kind of pony. At 20 years old, she had the form of Princess Luna, with bleach white fur and a brilliant mane and tail comprised of red and orange. Her eyes, full of life, were brown, and she had no wings or a horn, and no cutie mark as well.

Nopony really knew why she looked like this. There were no traces of genes from Luna. Skyfire acted like all of the ponies around her, and had never been too stressed about her life. Most of them didn’t talk to her because of her lack of a cutie mark, but she dealt with it.

Except for when her dad died due to a gunshot by an unknown pony.

Skyfire looks over her dad’s casket. She didn’t know what she was looking at. It was all too fast, too sudden, she didn’t know what to feel.

A day later it all came to her. Her father, who loved her with all his life, was gone. Gone forever. She ran away for a few days and secluded herself in the Everfree Forest.

“WHOEVER YOU ARE,” she screamed through a river of tears, “I WILL FIND YOU….AND I…WILL…KILL YOU!!!”

Skyfire had never felt this type of anger before. She felt a warmth begin to emerge inside her.

Her face seemed like it was permanently contorted into sadness and anger. She closed her eyes tight, then opened them again. Her brown eyes were now a flaming neon green. Skyfire felt movement inside of her.

"What's happening?" she thought. Her emotions began mixing with confusion.

Followed by this was a scream in terror that shot from Skyfire's mouth. Her fur and skin began contorting, and metal plates began to stick out of her skin.
Skyfire looked in horror -but also in awe- at her body as the plates covered all of her white fur, making a shiny grey plating around her body, with only her green eyes, mane and tail visible. Skyfire felt empowered as her anger kept getting deeper and deeper.

Suddenly, Skyfire felt even more heat as her mane shot into flames. Her hair was now composed of fire, which acted like hair, but was sizzling the air around her.

Skyfire was bolting with energy. She had no clue what was going on, but she liked it. She wasn't aware of what her body was doing, though. This sudden change made her body unstable. She felt her flaming hair begin to enlarge.

A loud explosion occured, sending out a ring of flames across the forest, leaving nothing but dead, burnt devastation in its wake.

A scarred and burnt Skyfire fell to the ground. No metal, normal hair, weak, and unconscious.

"I think she's waking up." said a faint voice.

Skyfire arose out of blackness to find herself in a hospital bed. There were bandages all over her , and with even the slightest movement, she winced at the pain.

"We thought you weren't going to wake up. Took quite a hit, huh?" said the voice of a female doctor.

Skyfire was still too weak to speak, but what she saw in the corner of her eye amazed her. A TV was on and turned to the news channel, the headline read:

SUDDEN EXPLOSION IN EVERFREE FOREST

"Nopony is sure whether this was a terrorist attack or a meteor, but we are sure it wasn't a forest fire." was all Skyfire could pick out from a stallion's voice.

The videos on the screen were an aerial view of the forest, with many of it's trees burned to a charcoal black. Some were still smoldering.

"Still can't believe you survived that explosion. What were you doing in the Everfree Forest anyways?" asked the medical mare.

Skyfire didn't speak, but now that she recalled it, she couldn't remember why she went into the forest in the first place. The blast from that explosion she was in must have rustled her jimmies boggled her brains.

After a day, they sent Skyfire out of the hospital. She was still in a bit of pain, but it was just bruises. As she returned to her house, all she could think about was getting into her bed and resting.



After a day, the hosipital let Skyfire go. As she wearily trotted to her home, all she could think about was getting in her bed and sleeping. That's really all she needed.

Author's Note:

Hello, I'm 15 years old, and this is my first fanfiction EVER.

I have no clue what I'm doing but I'm liking it. No, wait,

I'm LOVING it.