• Published 10th May 2013
  • 8,018 Views, 223 Comments

The Road To Recovery - unicorn92243



Sequel to Scootaloo's Painful Secret. Now that Scootaloo is away from her abusive parents and in the custody of Rainbow Dash, she can focus on recovering from the trauma she was put through and getting on with her life.

  • ...
21
 223
 8,018

Epilogue

Epilogue

Scootaloo buzzed along on her scooter. It had been a couple of months after her mother had been sentenced. Not noticing the rock in the middle of the road, she hit it and was flung through the air. She yelped and closed her eyes, waiting for the impact…

Nothing happened.

Cautiously opening her eyes, she realized that she was hovering in the air several feet above the ground, her wings beating hard and fast. She gasped in shock, and then in delight.

“I’m flying? I’m flying! I’M FLYING!”


Scootaloo woke up with a big smile on her face from dreaming about the first time she had flown. At twenty two, she was a full grown young mare now, and life was good.

Sweetie Belle had gotten a musical note for a cutie mark for singing. Apple Bloom had gotten a hammer for construction. They had both been ecstatic when it had happened.

Rainbow Dash had finally been accepted into The Wonderbolts, and she couldn’t have been more thrilled.

Today was Scootaloo’s day off, and she got up and stretched.

She had a good relationship with her father now. He had finally realized that allowing the abuse in the household, as well as his small part in it, was not okay, and had begged for her forgiveness, which she had granted. After all, her mother had been almost as cruel to him as she’d been to her.

She had been through years of therapy, and it had helped her greatly. She no longer needed it anymore, but she felt like she had one last thing to do before she could experience full closure.

Leaving her home, she flew to Canterlot and was soon allowed entrance to the castle garden, where she stopped in front of a certain statue.

“Hello Mom. I don’t know if you can hear me or not, but here goes.” She took a deep breath and let it out slowly. “I formed a group called The Wheelers. They’re like The Wonderbolts, but we do stunts on scooters and we’ve gotten pretty popular. Any kind of pony can join if they’re good enough, since in this group you don’t have to be a Pegasus. Sometimes we do shows with The Wonderbolts as well.”

She cleared her throat and gazed at the statue a moment before continuing.

“I guess I just came here to tell you that, you didn’t ruin my life Mom, no matter how much you tried. I’m happy, my friends are happy, Dad is happy. You could’ve learned to realize your mistakes and get better so that you could be happy too, but you just refused to let it go, and now look at you.”

She sighed and shook her head.

“I used to hate you Mom, I used to hate you a lot, but looking at you now… I really just pity you. I hope that after I’m gone and they let you out, you’ll have learned your lesson. Maybe then you too can go on to have a happy life. Good bye Mom. I doubt you‘ll see me again. I have to move on.”

Feeling better, Scootaloo jumped to the sky and flew away. A smile spread across her face as she soared through the sky.

Nopony was around to see the bit of moisture fall from the statue’s eye. Was it a drop of dew, or could it have been… a tear?

Scootaloo landed at the café where she was meeting her friends and her foster mother for lunch.

“Hi everypony,” she smiled as she landed.

“Hey Scootaloo!” Rainbow Dash grinned.

“Hi,” waved Sweetie Belle.

“Darling, there you are,” said Rarity.

“Hiya Scoots!” bounced Pinkie.

“Hey there partner,” nodded Applejack.

“Glad you could join us,” smiled Twilight.

“Hello,” Fluttershy greeted warmly.

“Oh good, now we can eat,” Spike added, looking relieved.

“We’ve been waiting for you. Lets order now I’m starved!” exclaimed Apple Bloom as she rubbed her growling stomach.

“Okay,” smirked Scootaloo as she joined her friends.

They ordered their meal and talked and laughed. When their food came they all dug in happily.

It was going to be a wonderful day, and a beautiful life for all of them. Through good times and bad, they would always have each other.


THE END

Author's Note:

Artist of pic: dotoriii on deviant art

I'd like to thank everyone for their upvotes, faves, and words of encouragement for this story. You guys rock!

xoxo unicorn92243

Comments ( 50 )

Pretty good story overall. One of my better reads.:ajsmug:

So is Rainbow Dash in this fic her surrogate mother or sister figure?

A fitting end for a great story.:twilightsmile:

Now that was a good story (along with the first).

Both were short lived, but sometimes those stories are the best, and these are no exceptions.

Nice job, 10 Pinkies:
:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

2615225 Since she was her foster mother, I'll say surrogate mother.

2615269
Ah ok... maybe you should start a story where Scootaloo becomes a mother of her own :scootangel:

I've read a few rainbow and scoots stories and they were all excellent but this one stands out from the amount of dedication, detail and emotion. Good job!:pinkiehappy:

Perfect ending. Also, what makes my heart beam with happiness was that she was able to forgive her father, and they started to rekindle their relationship is father/daughter. I wonder what that was that fell form the statue, indeed a drop of dew or a tear? Beautifully done my friend. :pinkiehappy:

This as a great story but the last two chapters sucked. I'm sorry, but they did.

2615803 I'm sorry you didn't like the chapters, but that's the way it ended. It would be more helpful for you to say why you didn't like it then just saying that it sucked, which is a bit rude.

2615269 A very fitting end to the story. Very sweet overall. MUSTACHES! :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

2615819
I'm sorry if I was a bit blunt and offended you, that's not what I'm here to do. I just feel as if the last few chapters were a bit rushed. I guess I could say I expected a bit more, like maybe cold heart manages to steal scootaloo and they have to track her down. But I felt like her wing turned to stone was fitting. Next to hanging out on the moon for the rest of her natural life, that was the best punishment.

2615906 Apology accepted. I could've had it go on a bit longer, but I wanted to get this story done so I could get started on my next one, which is already waiting for approval.

A great ending to an enjoyable fic! It's been fun watching you grow as an author, Unicorn! Keep at it!

I give you...
10 Spikes!
:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::trollestia::moustache::moustache::moustache:

Woow, how did Celestia get there?

A nice ending to a awesome story.

:twilightsmile::pinkiehappy: I loved it!!!!!! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Great work, especially your portrayal of Scootaloo throughout both fics. The whole "Scootaorphan" act gets old and stale. :scootangel:

You have a lot of talent great job.

Best fic ever mind if i mention it in a top 10 video?
:heart:

2625218 That's fine go ahead. I'd love to see it when you're done.

2627569 you're right too much collateral damage. Hmmmmmm... I guess the mane 6 with EoH should be fine. For now.....

2676767
ok...ok, I respect TTGL honestly i do, however....
*takes Pinkie Pie back and sets her up with a giant robot car*
more her style anyway...:pinkiehappy:

2752675 Do you even know how big Super TTGL is? He throws galaxies for fun.

2626646 ok but its kinda been postpowned just look outfor top ten mlp fafics on my FlyingBrony youtube page

2790101 Dont you think that is a bit too little.... pain?:pinkiecrazy:
We need a chainsaw. And then dip the chainsaw blade in lava. After that we saw her apart piece by piece.... :pinkiecrazy:

2996090
YES OF COURSE! :pinkiehappy: Why didn't i think of that!? :rainbowderp:

I take it you're not gonna write a threequel where Coldheart is released from her stone prison after Scoots died.

happy ending I don't want her to die :fluttercry:

2626646 Sooo... Another story after her mother gets free? Or perhaps something else? So... Sequel or something?

I love this story, I had let myself get so deep into the story, I was silently mouthing all types of insults to Cold Heart as she was punished XD

I told you this on Fanfiction.net and I'm gonna tell you this here: Kick Ass!!:scootangel:

Yay, Scootaloo! I feel happy 4 U!

Well, Cold Heart, There is a rule, the meaner someone/pony is, the more EXP you got if you kill them, so I'm pretty sure that if I kill YOU Cold Heart, I'd be going straight from LV 1 to LV 9999999999999. And since you hurt THE Scootaloo. . . YOU'RE IN FOR A REAL BAD TIME

PS : NEARLY FORGOT, SINCE I HAVE DETERMINATION, I CAN'T DIE, ENJOY THE MOST PAINFULL DEATH THAT EXIST : STARVATION

PPS : To Celestia, sorry to kill her I know you have something more cruel for her but she is more useful that way. Hope you understand.

Thomas Dreemurr, Prince of Monsters

Maybe it's not too late for Cold Heart... Maybe she'll truly be reformed someday... Though I still hate her. Like a lot. Beautiful epilogue though! Now, some story stats: 11/10, will read again! And again. And again. And even more. But anyways... I loved this as much as it's prequel! Good job my friend! :pinkiehappy:

2626646
Will you make a sequel of this story if you have time to do it

In the word's of Mr T from the movie the A team
I pity da fool

I wanted to read scootaloo’s painful secret but it’s not available

Login or register to comment